eFootball (All Platforms)

I can only assume that konami are attending Gamescom 2021 next month, correct?
Konami are not listed as attending by a number of sources , The list at the moment is the following...

• 505 Games
  • Activision
  • Aerosoft
  • Assemble Entertainment
  • astragon Entertainment
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • Electronic Arts
  • GAMEVIL COM2US Europe
  • Headup Games
  • Indie Arena Booth
  • Koch Media
  • NExT Studios (Tencent Games)
  • SEGA Europe
  • Team17
  • Thunderful Games
  • Ubisoft
  • Wargaming
  • Xbox

Almost a week after the trailer, im still pissed off about it. Then i read video description last year teaser trailer aaand my blood is getting boiled. Stupid ass company deserves all the hate.

*Im sorry for my word*

and if you don't believe me I'll post the paragraph from MY contract confirming this.
Wouldn't that also be a sackable offence? :LOL:

I grant your scepticism is valid. But presumably he would only get sacked if he was careless with the information he revealed. Thus far, I could ascertain the following (if real):
  • British English vernacular
  • Contractor, not Konami employee
  • Not in marketing dept, or one to do with graphical design
  • Works under a supervisor, so could be junior/young senior position
  • Claims to be familiar with the netcode side of the game
Perhaps he's slipped up otherwise. But, if legit, and using non-work connection, non-work devices, and a VPN, do you think Konami could figure out who he is and fire him? I'm doubtful of that given what he's said (and not said).

So mobile players will all keep their IMs - confirmed. What happens to other platforms? How will they prevent super power creep when everyone already has godlike players?!
IMs = iconic moments, right?

What's the source for this info btw?

Not that I play myClub (or "Team Building Mode: Name TBC"), but I don't know why people care about all this stuff. As long as there are team strength filters, it's wayyyy more fun to use players in PES eFootball who are in the 65-77ish range anyway. That's roughly what the players in my 1v1 league are (normally 70-79), and in WAPES for 11v11 we use max 73/74 depending on position.

I login to myClub and get all their bonus awards and all that crap, but I just turn Ronaldo, Messi, most of the Legends etc straight into trainers for other players (bronze or silver ball youth prospects) instead. Really don't see why people want these incredibly souped up players. It also affects the gameplay negatively.

I grant your scepticism is valid. But presumably he would only get sacked if he was careless with the information he revealed. Thus far, I could ascertain the following (if real):
Perhaps he's slipped up otherwise. But, if legit, and using non-work connection, non-work devices, and a VPN, do you think Konami could figure out who he is and fire him? I'm doubtful of that given what he's said (and not

Perhaps he's slipped up otherwise. But, if legit, and using non-work connection, non-work devices, and a VPN, do you think Konami could figure out who he is and fire him? I'm doubtful of that given what he's said (and not said).
Me posting that part of the contract doesn't jeopardise my position that paragraph goes on but it is only specific to the game , Information about the game etc , And it's true they could never know if it was him , But also fear of losing your job or contract would be big also , I'm certain he does not work for Konami but I'll say no more in relation to his post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-204216_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-204216_Office.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 62
The issues with this idea (the same one Adam put out there) is that it relies on a capitalist article of faith, not really supported by what happens in reality.

Just because you are paying for something, it doesn't mean the seller has a strong incentive to make that thing good for you. Not least because they can recognise that you need that thing, and they're the only one selling it. Or they realise they can make a lot more money by diverting their resources to other activities that earn them greater profits with less effort. Or they find a way of economising minimal work their side, guaranteeing steady but low income from you the buyer.

The people who will buy ML every year from here on out, even if it gets no love or meaningful changes at all, are equivalent (and I don't say this in a disparaging way) to those buying drugs which have been cut with lots of other harmful substances because there's only one dealer selling those drugs. It's shit quality, it's burning through your nose, but it's the only thing going.

And if anything, the fact of ML going DLC will just be an even easier excuse to get rid of it entirely at a later stage: "Look, the profits from these DLC sales are really low compared to the profits from MTX/battle pass sales".

Me posting that part of the contract doesn't jeopardise my position that paragraph goes on but it is only specific to the game , Information about the game etc , And it's true they could never know if it was him , But also fear of losing your job or contract would be big also , I'm certain he does not work for Konami but I'll say no more in relation to his post.
Haha fair enough for following through on the contract section. I agree – posting that is not the same as posting confidential info about the game. So really the question comes down to risk aversion.

You acknowledge he wouldn't be found out, but wouldn't risk it anyway. You're more risk averse than this guy, if it's legit. Maybe he feels he has less to lose, or just doesn't care, or hasn't perceived the risk level.

But it's hard, I think, for you to claim he's definitely fake just because he's contractually obliged not to reveal this information. That's like saying "That store employee isn't stealing stock, because it's in his contract that he cannot take any items from our warehouse or store without having paid full price for it." Sure, but people do take risks!

Someone on Twitter said something like "Master League DLC will be the perfect excuse for them to ditch it next year saying people didn't show enough interest" - I disagree.
Imagine if they actually come up with an amazing Master League, updating it over time. They can get millions of dollars out of it selling it at 10 or 15USD.

There'd be no need for them to boycott it when they can actually make lots of money out of it.

Same goes for every other game mode they plan to release.

yes.

Its a really poor, unprofessional trailer however I'm not upset with all the news, it can all work. Konami must deliver though or they are screwed.

I'm looking at the optional they have of building a phone based Master League Manage mode with the depth you would see in a handheld Manager sim you can expand on using the PS5 power if played on console and manage and sim matches from your phone.

Would make sense with this whole cross play incentive.

I used the #rippes hashtag myself after all the atrocious stuff of launch day. I assure you nobody set me up :LOL:.

Ashamed of speaking his same language as well.

This passage also says it all:
Sappiamo tutti che a differenza di altri giochi di calcio tipo FIFA, la casa giapponese ha sempre puntato sul realismo e sulla simulazione calcistica.
(roughly translated, "we all know that, differently from other kind of football games like Fifa, Konami always aimed at realism and football simulation"

At this point, if there is somebody that feels like a bot to me, is people repeating this mantra without any context lol.

Last edited:

On this note, is anyone actually totally bewildered by the fact Konami's OWN thumbnail for their YouTube trailer is this shitty image of Neymar and Shressi?

I saw the image circulating the web after the trailer, and assumed people screengrabbed a particularly bad shot. But nope. Konami themselves used that for the thumbnail of their own video.

I know most people don't believe the "insider" that the next-gen "version" of the gameplay looks really good (if not teaser-level), because the question is then "Why wouldn't Konami use the best footage for their trailer?" It's a valid question. But, by the same token, as a demonstration of their cluelessness and incompetence – why did they use that particular screengrab for their thumbnail? Doubtless anyone on this forum could go through the trailer footage and take a frame of Messi or Neymar that did not look as fucking shoddy as this.

Clueless, careless, incompetent.

Okay quick thoughts on this, I have seen the Reddit thing obviously and digested what they have said:
  • At this stage in the game for someone to rumour "mind blowing next-gen graphics" compared to what Konami have shown is fairly pathetic and ridiculous.
  • I'm a customer, I have been loyal and so a promise of Master League DLC in January/February 2022 is basically telling me to piss off (and buy Fifa).
  • The Konami producer already said they want to prioritise player vs player, over player vs AI, so why think Master League will be anything special?
  • Right now Konami still have to show gameplay, graphics and content to potential customers to entice them away from playing Fifa - with 9 teams that we know so far. THIS IS A MASSIVE ASK.
  • Everything they have shown so far looks awful and nothing to do with what I want, as a consumer (in his 40s), I'm not interested in what they are doing but let's play a mind game: suppose they show genuine PS5 gameplay and graphics and it is absolutely fucking mindblowing. Then and only then would I look at a free download from them, but even then I like offline modes, and I'd need to see the kit editor.
The bottom line is I don't need PES any more, I have the old games and life goes on! Adios and thanks for all the fish.

On this note, is anyone actually totally bewildered by the fact Konami's OWN thumbnail for their YouTube trailer is this shitty image of Neymar and Shressi?

I saw the image circulating the web after the trailer, and assumed people screengrabbed a particularly bad shot. But nope. Konami themselves used that for the thumbnail of their own video.

I know most people don't believe the "insider" that the next-gen "version" of the gameplay looks really good (if not teaser-level), because the question is then "Why wouldn't Konami use the best footage for their trailer?" It's a valid question. But, by the same token, as a demonstration of their cluelessness and incompetence – why did they use that particular screengrab for their thumbnail? Doubtless anyone on this forum could go through the trailer footage and take a frame of Messi or Neymar that did not look as fucking shoddy as this.

Clueless, careless, incompetent.
Yeah that screenshot is fucking atrocious.They look like two meth heads who just went out from a drug institution after a failed attempt on getting sober and they're walking the streets huging to eachother so they won't fall down and they're going to a bus stop to beg for a dollar from some strangers and then take the bus to go buy some more drugs.Just fucking sad...I don't understand how someone from their management department or whatever saw this and said ''yeah that looks good..let's just use it as a screenshot for our official trailer''...talking about amateurs..

If we assume that this ''insider'' from Reddit is telling the truth...it's a normal question to ask why they didn't show any next gen graphics in the trailer if they indeed plan to release a next gen version also..i also had that question..Maybe one explanation could be that since they want to appeal to the mobile crowd more than anything because that's where the huge numbers of users are..they didn't want to show them next gen graphics from the beginning so they won't get worried and start questioning ''how i'm gonna run this on my mobile device..?!''...so they instead choose to show a version that is much closer to what the mobile owners would expect...and they're keeping the next gen content to be revealed in the end of August to appeal to the ps5/series X users also so they will also have a reason to play this game...just a thought..

Nice of Konami to clarify some things that they should've made known from the beginning. Curious what they'll have to say in a month.

Just knowing that Master League isn't dead doesn't mean much to me; the move to free to play and live service gaming means there's even greater focus on the modes that they'll be debuting first. Which are their myclub(?) and online league modes.

Who knows what state the new ML and BAL will be released. Who knows if plans won't change and they ditch them before release (like EA has now done again with NBA Live). And if it does come out, how many resources will be allocated to its maintenance? How many resources will be allocated to improving and developing it?

Because let's remember the grand changes they added to ML in 2020; cutscenes that were repetitive and had no impact on the mode and more realistic transfer fees to go with their still unrealistic transfers. And absolutely no changes to BAL to the surprise of no one.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for PES to come out and blow me away (yes I will still call it PES just like I still the stadium White Sox play in Comiskey). I'd love for ML and BAL to have depth and intrigue. I just have no reason to hope for that anymore.

View attachment 112126
Saw this on a post of Spoony
What a bunch of excuses .

The game is going to be shit and people will still prefer to buy fifa.
ML ( Or what ever they going to call it. )
is going to be the same as last year no difference , just convert it form 21 to 22 .
They said " we are going to focusing on 1 vs 1 " ,
What reasonable reason does anyone have to believe that they will improve something when they focus how to make a bunch of money ?
This is the way the game industry works today and what they tell to there developers :
" make me money !" .

View attachment 112126
Saw this on a post of Spoony
His point on going full gacha is ridiculous when EAs biggest focus is ultimate team which is literally a p2w gacha mode lol

The idea of dlc for things beside modes is a dangerous one. What if Konami does away with modding and editing in favor of monetized stadiums and kits?

The assumption that they'd do anything in regards to significant upgrades for offline lacks any sort of backing given last half decade of development we've seen from them.

And finally I thinks it's a bit naive to think Konami won't try to release special edition of updates.

I agree I think f2p can be good. But their priorities are solely online. So my online brethren, I hope they make the game for you that I wish they'd make for me.

Long story short, if you're primarily and online player this is likely going to be very good for you. If you're primarily an offline player, you have worries about the future of the game are valid.

To all the people here staying positive for efootball, you have all my respect. I even appreciate the enthusiasm. Why, you may ask ?

The game over the years (compared to competition and content at least) has become so niche and obsolete, that no amount of outright shilling is going to redeem its shortcoming. I love seeing the positivity now, its endearing at least.

Back
Top Bottom