eFootball (All Platforms)

Correct, according to the official Roadmap it is only MyClyb and esports in Spring and controller support for pesmobile in winter as the "final" milestone. No roadmap for edit mode/ML/offline modes.
Any other information about ML,BAL or whatever, is based on speculations and comments under official announcements.

For me even any offline content, is just in theoritical level at the moment.
then you are misinformed some people from offical side already said, that offline content comes as DLC later

New series title and logo!

A new e-sports platform for all soccer fans! "Winning Eleven will be reborn as a completely new brand, "eFootball™," with a determination to take a giant leap forward with this title. The eFootball™ eSports platform will be available for all soccer fans to experience! "eFootball™" series Producer Seitaro Kimura comments Seitaro Kimura, producer of the "eFootball™" series, commented: "eFootball™" is based on the expressive power of the Unreal® Engine and has been reborn with a unique soccer game engine. With the advice of top-notch players, we have created a tense gameplay experience that can be enjoyed to the fullest on next-generation consoles. More details will be announced next month, so please look forward to it.

New soccer game engine, evolving "1v1" offense and defense

The soccer game engine has evolved greatly, and the animation system has been renewed. We have introduced a technology called "Motion Matching", which converts the vast amount of movements made by the players on the pitch into a series of animation data and selects the appropriate moment from them in real time. This makes it possible to use more than four times as many animations as before, achieving realistic movements and high response. This system will be used not only for home video game consoles, but also for PCs and mobile devices. The evolution of game play and details of the game specifications, focusing on the "1v1" offense and defense, which is full of the excitement of soccer, will be announced in late August, so please look forward to it.

Play across devices "eFootball™ is available on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows® 10, Steam®, mobile (Android, iOS) and many other devices. Furthermore, in the future, it will be possible to play online matches between all supported devices (cross-platform matches), such as between PlayStation®5 and mobile devices. Please look forward to eFootball™ becoming a true "e-sports platform".

Messi and Neymar as Ambassadors, Iniesta and Piqué as Gameplay Advisors! "Following the success of the Winning Eleven series, Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona and Neymar of the Brazilian national team will become ambassadors for eFootball™. In addition, in order to more realistically recreate the "1v1" gameplay that is the starting point of soccer, Andres Iniesta, with his skillful dribbling and ability to keep the ball, will be the offensive advisor, and Gerard Pique, who supports the team with his overwhelming defensive abilities, will be the defensive advisor. The team's defence is led by Gerard Piqué, who is a dominant defender.

Early Autumn

The newly reborn "eFootball™" is now available New game engine Cross-Generation Matches Online matches will be possible between devices of the same system, such as PlayStation®5 vs PlayStation®4 and Xbox Series X|S vs. Xbox One. Local Matches Local matches between big clubs such as FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Juventus, FC Bayern Munich, etc.

Autumn

To a new battle Cross-platform (console and PC) Cross-platform (PlayStation®5 vs. Steam®, etc.) - Online battles between home consoles and PCs will be possible.

Team Build Mode allows you to strengthen your team by training players and adding powerful players and legends to your team. You can create your own original team by gathering your favorite players and coaches that match your favorite formations and tactics.

Online league starts! The online league is now open for players to join with their original teams created in Team Build Mode.

Match Pass" is here! The new "Match Pass" feature allows you to pick your favorite players based on the number of matches you play.

Winter

The emergence of a true "eFootball™" champion Official eSports tournament starts Cross-platform (consoles, PC, mobile) Cross-platform (consoles, PC, mobile)

Playable between all supported devices, including PlayStation®5 vs. Mobile controller support Players will be able to connect game controllers to their mobile devices, just as they can with home consoles.

Source: https://www.konami.com/games/corporate/ja/news/topics/20210721/

Last edited:
I dont really think so, i just think in the 2000's there was an artistic common vision, a lead designer and all the devs who followed him passionately, they asked for an anual budget, proposed a timeline and reported back to finance and marketing departments. But in the end they were probably left alone as the game was just an anual product.
Compared to that era I think in the past years in the PES meetings at Konami there were more marketing and financial people than actual designers because of the whole online and micro transaction things. Even the development is much more money driven, their goal isnt to publish a great product but to exploit every bit of it for money making. I mean yes thats business it was like that 50 years ago but gaming infrastructure online makes it more possible to do it.
Same for Fifa, same for most of the games nowdays, just Konami is ahead of the curve by killing MGS and SH too which franchises were almost the most artistic pioneers in the 90's, 2000's gaming. So based on this scale these games represent PES isnt even such a big loss to be honest for gaming history.
Agree on all line.

I'm 100% sure that developers of today, with the right focus, would easily produce better games of football than yesterday.

The required aforementioned focus will never probably come again tho.

Even in theory if we do get some kind of an edit mode from PES 21 for say 10 USD and a master league from PES 21 for another 10 USD in say a January 2022 update, i bet the next update in say April 2022 would most likely erase all the edits/kits/saves/whatever imported because of 1 new extra league they might add or maybe losing 2 leagues and so on. I do believe all the licences will withdraw from Konami over the season too.

Second, as its all online, this automatically kills modding, right at the start, we would only be able to edit the whatever little their edit mode offers, so, very very little again.

Mind you we've only seen potential confirmation of ML/BAL, NOTHING on edit mode yet at all.

And don't be fooled, this is no unreal engine, i recognize all the animations. It's the very same FOX engine from 2014, just patches with new animations.

I expect this project to cease existence by the end of the season already as it drop to minimum amount of players by January, Konami to lose the remaining licences, and call it a day, even if the mobile side of things would beat FIFA's somehow.

I also doubt modders will want to further mod pes 2021 to death, imo, i feel like a lot of them are worn out and will just eventually give up in a few months time. Our only hope is a new game with editing and modding capabilities of a pes 2021 as a minimum. As i mentioned in another topic, in 2k vs EA vs new dev, i see a biggest chance in 2K as they've done a solid team/arena creator for nba 2k games since 2018+.

Also, there is that one game called no mans sky which seemingly turned things around after a shitty launch, im sure you've all heard of it, but i doubt konami has the wits for something like that, theyre just plain stupid.

Even in theory if we do get some kind of an edit mode from PES 21 for say 10 USD and a master league from PES 21 for another 10 USD in say a January 2022 update, i bet the next update in say April 2022 would most likely erase all the edits/kits/saves/whatever imported because of 1 new extra league they might add or maybe losing 2 leagues and so on. I do believe all the licences will withdraw from Konami over the season too.

Second, as its all online, this automatically kills modding, right at the start, we would only be able to edit the whatever little their edit mode offers, so, very very little again.

Mind you we've only seen potential confirmation of ML/BAL, NOTHING on edit mode yet at all.

And don't be fooled, this is no unreal engine, i recognize all the animations. It's the very same FOX engine from 2014, just patches with new animations.

I expect this project to cease existence by the end of the season already as it drop to minimum amount of players by January, Konami to lose the remaining licences, and call it a day, even if the mobile side of things would beat FIFA's somehow.

I also doubt modders will want to further mod pes 2021 to death, imo, i feel like a lot of them are worn out and will just eventually give up in a few months time. Our only hope is a new game with editing and modding capabilities of at a pes 2021 as a minimum. As i mentioned in another topic, in 2k vs EA vs new dev, i see a biggest chance in EA as they've done a solid team/arena creator for nba 2k games since 2018+.

Also, there is that one game called no mans sky which seemingly turned things around after a shitty launch, im sure you've all heard of it, but i doubt konami has the wits for something like that, theyre just plain stupid.
Welcome to the end of the world

then you are misinformed some people from offical side already said, that offline content comes as DLC later
I am ver well informed, but thank you.
I am talking about official evidence, not what "some" people did said from somewhere, somewhere.

SHOW ME the Roadmap again..vwhere is this stated?
efootball-roadmap_en.jpg

I’m still really sad about this….I was so hyped for a new version and the possibility of seeing some more bells and whistles, but I tempered expectation with pessimism……….so as to control disappointment , however, I never thought we would not have a game, never in my wildest expectations of how bad things might be, the fact there is no specific next gen game has left me very sad, angry and bewildered. No post release fuck up marketing from Konami can save this, it really is gone as a value for money experience now tailored to offline………….

Like Chris eluded to in the podcast, I will also buy FIFA, with some sliders I might just be able to get some offline joy from it and take part in Evo web tournaments etc…….so sad. Other than that it’s retro and updated rosters for 21.

I am ver well informed, but thank you.
I am talking about official evidence, not what "some" people did said from somewhere, somewhere.

SHOW ME the Roadmap again..vwhere is this stated?
efootball-roadmap_en.jpg
Quote oficial eFootball Twitter:
"#eFootball ™ cross-platform online matches will be further improved with a new engine and adjusted to take *full* advantage of each platform. In addition, offline modes such as "Master League" will be sold in the future as optional DLC on all compatible devices."
You're welcome :))

Quote oficial eFootball Twitter:
"#eFootball ™ cross-platform online matches will be further improved with a new engine and adjusted to take *full* advantage of each platform. In addition, offline modes such as "Master League" will be sold in the future as optional DLC on all compatible devices."
You're welcome :))
When is the" in the future"? This you posted I know it already, I am talking about specific deadlines.

When is the" in the future"? This you posted I know it already, I am talking about specific deadlines.
When its not on that roadmap, than it will surely be after "Winter" or at the end of winter so like january february. And when you know that information than why do you say offline modes are also just a speculation like there won't be any ?

When its not on that roadmap, than it will surely be after "Winter" or at the end of winter so like january february. And when you know that information than why do you say offline modes are also just a speculation like there won't be any
Cause those staff on the roadmap are solid "promises". Sames something specific, IE MyClub=Autumn. Autumn in the north hemisphere is September-October-November. It is something specific. I know when to expect. AlsoyClub is a specific game mode, I know what to expect too.

The future is a general term. Can be from after " pes mobile gamepad compatibility" to eternity. So it stays in theory, at the moment. Also offline modes "such as ML", does not clarify, what modes, which modes? BAL, offline cups/leagues, random selectionatch? vs COM mode? Which of them?

I'll still have hope until they release the game and I can try it for myself. Personally, I like PES21. There are numerous caveats - terrible referees, bad AI, etc - but I still get enough fun out of it to keep playing it. I also like PES17 & 18. PES is not as good as it could be but for me, it has continued to be the best football gaming experience over the past few years and I far prefer it to FIFA.

I haven't played ML seriously in years (because of the gameplay being so warped by team spirit), so if they release it as DLC and it's just a rehash of the PES21 ML, it's no great loss to me. If it's the only way to play offline and the gameplay is otherwise good, then I'd sooner give them a few £ than pay £80 to EA for a game that is terrible to play and is already proven to be geared towards FUT play. With PES, the case is not yet closed as we've not actually seen the final game, just some crummy beta which nobody actually knows for a fact how representative of the final game it was.

I do also believe that Konami are tragically bad at PR so am not going to make any assumptions based on their spectacularly bad reveal. All I take from that is that they have worked on cross-platform online play. It tells us nothing about how it works (scaling between platforms, etc) and nothing about the actual next-gen gameplay.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating and I will wait until I've tasted it. If eFootball turns out to be as bad as the beta, or if it's simply a mobile game with beefed up gfx for next-gen, then I won't play it. I'll be disappointed but life goes on. But I'll certainly be trying it and let's be honest, so will you. It's not like we'll even have to pay to try it.

Has the bar really been set so low, that just existing is good enough to warrant a purchase? You say things like "terrible refs, bad ai etc", but still play it? I think it's terrible to give money and encourage Konami in continuing to screw up PES.

Again, scaling works with things like textures, maybe player models etc. Animations, AI, ball physics - everything important will have to be the same. And I seriously doubt that Konami will make 2 different games in case someone wants to play only offline or without crossplay lol. They haven't improved 1 thing in master league in at least 5 years. Expecting them to spend money to create more or less a 2nd game with next gen graphics and mechanics along with the efootball abomination is, to put it mildly, unreal.

When its not on that roadmap, than it will surely be after "Winter" or at the end of winter so like january february. And when you know that information than why do you say offline modes are also just a speculation like there won't be any ?

See what I put here:

View attachment 111993

This guy makes a good point, there is a non-zero chance we will never see a Master League DLC even if it's promised for some time next year, it really depends on how the F2P experiment turns out and how successful FIFA 22 is by comparison. There will inevitably be an influx of players to eFootball in the first month or two with people trying the game out, but how well will it retain users? If the game is remotely similar to the network test then probably not very well, and that wouldn't bode well for future development.

There is a certain irony in that the fate of offline players is very much going to fall on little Jimmy and his mum's credit card, the only way there will be substantial development in offline modes/DLC is if the microtransaction/battle pass income is enough to fund it.

See what I put here:

There is a certain irony in that the fate of offline players is very much going to fall on little Jimmy and his mum's credit card, the only way there will be substantial development in offline modes/DLC is if the microtransaction/battle pass income is enough to fund it.
Bravo @staffan very good point. KONAMI has a big tradition in terminating such Gaming services for "unforseen circumstances". 3 times in Yugioh online PC, where they had people to buy battle pass, 2 times with yugioh apps in Android, where it had microtransactions, so once the support terminated, the bought items where useless.

And IIRC PES Association football, the manager application game on Facebook, had some microtransactions and was terminated after a while.

Just to avoid any potential smart guy, Mastet League was part of an annual title, related to the most popular sport, with much more prestige, than the titles above, so I do not think it can have the same cheap fate, but i strongly believe to will be very underwhelming and half-arsed.

If Konami still respects their fanbase one bit, the minimum they should do is to apologize and have a 21/22 roster update for PES 2021, for free.

Because if some people want to play console PES games (or ML) with their favorite team in the upcoming season, they cannot do it, as the new game seems to be a beta for the first 6 months at least.

Indefinite future and no words for it, nor for any single player feature, in the reveal day.

I still think they'll probably release something for offline sooner or later (but I also wouldn't bet money on them not ditching it all in the end) but, I mean, it should sound fishy even to the most optimistic guy out there. Remember that they also promised things they never completed in the past. At this point I wouldn't 100% believe them even if it was on the roadmap, and it isn't.

That's what you said. Saying speculation I don't say they won't exist at all.

Can you understand the difference between speculation and fact?

This roadmap is a fact, things presented officially, what modes, when coming out, etc.

What you say is a post from Konami official social. It is just still in theory. If I had a 1€ for every promise we have got through official social media posts of PES, I would have my own gaming company by now.

Has the bar really been set so low, that just existing is good enough to warrant a purchase? You say things like "terrible refs, bad ai etc", but still play it? I think it's terrible to give money and encourage Konami in continuing to screw up PES.

Again, scaling works with things like textures, maybe player models etc. Animations, AI, ball physics - everything important will have to be the same. And I seriously doubt that Konami will make 2 different games in case someone wants to play only offline or without crossplay lol. They haven't improved 1 thing in master league in at least 5 years. Expecting them to spend money to create more or less a 2nd game with next gen graphics and mechanics along with the efootball abomination is, to put it mildly, unreal.
So why are you still here if you've given up on the game? If I had no hope the game was going to be worth trying, I'd have moved on.

zeemeister1

6 hours ago (edited)
I can't help but feel there is just way too much depression around this. Also people who hardly playing pes saying they going to miss PES is beyond ironic. As someone that has played PES almost every single day for over 20 years. I can honestly say that I am excited for the change. Konami can't keep doing the same thing for over a decade and expect to grow customer base. A change was needed and for me it's a breath do fresh air.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just pulled this from the comments on the end of an era podcast on YT. In light of the fact i may never get a response i just wanted to put on record......

If that is you Zee who used to be on here..I always respected your opinion my friend, but when you say " Konami can't keep doing the same thing for over a decade and expect to grow customer base".

The point is mate, they have chosen the wrong path. EA was like a tired old boxer, on the ropes. They were there for the taking.
The pes (ageing) fan base has been waiting all these years for a comeback. Even more so with age we love pes because we can't use our football brains on a pitch anymore.

So they could have really cleaned up (apart from the licensing nuts). I had a hunch that after 2021 was released, Konami by way of updates were taking heed to some of Holland's Game play exe changes. The vanilla GP was actually improving. I know business is about money but this just feels like a smash & grab raid.

Even if they ended up proving us doubters wrong and delivering something more....What a monumental cock up of a marketing plan!

So why are you still here if you've given up on the game? If I had no hope the game was going to be worth trying, I'd have moved on.

Look at the name of the thread and then look at the comments everyone is posting. You'd have to ask this question to almost everyone.

Back
Top Bottom