eFootball (All Platforms)

It's crazy how we've been waiting for two years for this week's announcement, and now we're supposed to wait another month for actual information and then who knows how long for more information.
Basically, after 2 years we're right back at square one.

Actually we have information

Gameplay has been downscaled to be a middle ground between mobile and console (plyaing the beta, that is clear)
Graphics have been downscaled for the same reason, middle ground between console and mobile game
Modes are sold as dlc. Master League seem to have received no love at all, it's the same old

those are quite confirmed as infos and are substantial and all extremely disappointing

Hey Guys, first I want to say that:
reface-2021-07-23-12-53-10.gif

Muhahaha, (evil laughter), it took you a long time to figure it out! Although I played a lot of easter eggs.
> Starting with broken English, it was clear that it was not my first language .. maybe I'm from Japan!?
st-small-507x507-pad-600x600-f8f8f8.jpg

>And look at my nickname, what does it look like to you? Two PeePee around PES? That is a hidden message that I told you that we will f * ck PES soon!

>Or my avatar ... PES 6 !? Is it a coincidence, just because I love PES6? Of course NOT !!! Turn the six ... what do you see! ?? e ??
Maybe it was something like ...
e.png
FOOTBALL?

>And why did we choose green as the main background color of New Football Game Beta? The Shressi easter egg!!!
..what is written in the spoiler section is a JOKE, I know it kinda makes sense :D and looks like it a true but it is not, it's all made up! Please, don't ask me for inside information!

Everything I will write here is my opinion, although it will seem that I am defending Konami, believe me, I will be the last person here to do so.

If you consider this PES format with the purchase of content and modes.. not so bad. I know you are disappointed that Konami did not prepare us for such a big change, and make us believe that we would have a normal game ... but this is the situation!

I remember years ago, maybe for FIFA 13, I bought the full game ONLY to play Pro Clubs, and we commented with friends that if there was this mode separately, we would buy ONLY ProClubs because we are not interested in playing anything else. To pay the full price of a game and be interested in only one or two modes, somehow does not seem very fair, now at least we will have an option for that.

Also, let's be honest! Each PES is the same as the previous one, with some changes ( if we don't count the crazy times from PES 2008 to PES 2011 where every PES was very different with new mechanics and graphics.), they make a seasonal update of the previous PES over the years and sell it as a new game! At least now it won't be like that . . . sort of...

Changing the name is also not such a bad idea ... wait wait wait wait.... I will explain why!
Just think, all these changes, turning PES into a Pay2Win game based entirely on microtransactions ... would hurt us more. This proves that there are still people in Konami who love PES and do not want the name of the series to be tarnished by such greedy and evil mehanics! Someone hit the table and said "Do you want to turn the game into a live service P2W mobile game crap!!! OK do it, but don't call it PES anymore, because it's not PES"

What I don't like and can't forgive Konami for is that they make a cross-gen, as far what I understand from the information by Konami, this whole cross-platform maybe will be possible only for eSPORT modes and events. But means that they first develop the game to run on the low-end platform, and then look for ways to upgrade it to a high-end. Don't listen to them what they say they do the opposite, it can't happen. You can't convert a PS5 game to a Mobile Phone! This is impossible, but you can convert the Mobile Game to PS5, which they do.
The problem is that this will slow down the development of eFOOTBALL, mostly visually and technically in general, but we will see.

Again, there are pros and cons to all these changes, just that the bad ones carry more weight.

What made my day is your reaction to the photo with Henry and Drogba ... also to the fact that the @juce legend reacted to my post!

This makes me infinitely happy, especially from the fact that he is still here among us, we love you man :)

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Come on, let's all keep calm. Nothing bad happened yet. PES once used to be named "International Superstar Soccer"...so now it is gonna be "eFootball". So what. Just a name.

Further...yes graphics are a dissapointment in the Trailer....i repeat in the Trailer...as there are several hints that next gen is gonna be scalable and keep in mind how PES2021 original looks compared to pes 2021 modded. Way differences.

Konami needs to change their Business Modell to make more money with alle the New online/my Club and Potential FUT kiddies getting them via freeplay. But in the end they will offer offline Modus for a cumulative price as we used to know or even cheaper as modding friendly as we used to know.

We maybe have to figure out new modding ways as for every engine change we used to know,but this all is not gonna be as horrible as some of you may actually think.

Trust me, working myself for a bigger tech Company behind every New Business Modell there is a Business case and a bei, but you will always try to keep your customer base as satisfied as possible. But they need new customer from the competitor. Otherwise they are dead.

Keep your heads up all your great modders and pes community at all. This might be a year of change but i am sure modding and realism is going to emerge only with Konamis football serial.
Lars…? ;)

Far too much hope is being put on Konami with this shit show of a transition to efootball.
They want to charge for different modes. That is all well and good if you can deliver a finished product. The facts remain though that Konami always tinker with the game and more often and not end up making things worse.

For umpteen years now we have bought the game on the strength of a decent demo. Then come release day its changed and we have a broken game. Then have to wait for around 5 or 6 updates for it to be just about playable.
With that in mind come release day of 2022 the uphill struggle of frustration begins again. A new engine won't make it easier either, given their form.
maybe this time, it’s the other way around?! ;)
na, not really…

Last edited:

..what is written in the spoiler section is a JOKE, I know it kinda makes sense :D and looks like it a true but it is not, it's all made up! Please, don't ask me for inside information!

Everything written after that is my opinion, although it will seem that I am defending Konami, believe me, I will be the last person here to do so.

If you consider this PES format with the purchase of content and modes.. not so bad. I know you are disappointed that Konami did not prepare us for such a big change, and make us believe that we would have a normal game ... but this is the situation!

I remember years ago, maybe for FIFA 13, I bought the full game ONLY to play Pro Clubs, and we commented with friends that if there was this mode separately, we would buy ONLY ProClubs because we are not interested in playing anything else. To pay the full price of a game and be interested in only one or two modes, somehow does not seem very fair, now at least we will have an option for that.

Also, let's be honest! Each PES is the same as the previous one, with some changes ( if we don't count the crazy times from PES 2008 to PES 2011 where every PES was very different with new mechanics and graphics.), they make a seasonal update of the previous PES over the years and sell it as a new game! At least now it won't be like that . . . sort of...

Changing the name is also not such a bad idea ... wait wait wait wait.... I will explain why!
Just think, all these changes, turning PES into a Pay2Win game based entirely on microtransactions ... would hurt us more. This proves that there are still people in Konami who love PES and do not want the name of the series to be tarnished by such greedy and evil schemes! Someone hit the table and said "Do you want to turn the game into a live service P2W tool? OK but don't call it PES anymore, because it's not PES"

What I don't like and can't forgive Konami for is that they make a cross-gen, as far as I understand from the information by Konami, this whole cross-platform will be possible only for eSPORT modes and events. But means that they first develop the game to run on the low-end platform, and then look for ways to upgrade it to a high-end. Don't listen to them what they say they do the opposite, it can't happen. You can't convert a PS5 game to a Mobile Phone! This is impossible, but you can convert the Mobile Game to PS5, which they do.
The problem is that this will slow down the development of eFOOTBALL, mostly visually and technically in general, but we will see.

Again, there are pros and cons to all these changes, just that the bad ones carry more weight.

What made my day is your reaction to the photo with Henry and Drogba ... also to the fact that the @juce legend reacted to my post!

This makes me infinitely happy, especially from the fact that he is still here among us, we love you man :)
imageproxy (15).gif

Everything I will write here is my opinion, although it will seem that I am defending Konami, believe me, I will be the last person here to do so.

Just think, all these changes, turning PES into a Pay2Win game based entirely on microtransactions ... would hurt us more. This proves that there are still people in Konami who love PES and do not want the name of the series to be tarnished by such greedy and evil mehanics! Someone hit the table and said "Do you want to turn the game into a live service P2W mobile game crap!!! OK do it, but don't call it PES anymore, because it's not PES"

What I don't like and can't forgive Konami for is that they make a cross-gen, as far what I understand from the information by Konami, this whole cross-platform maybe will be possible only for eSPORT modes and events. But means that they first develop the game to run on the low-end platform, and then look for ways to upgrade it to a high-end. Don't listen to them what they say they do the opposite, it can't happen. You can't convert a PS5 game to a Mobile Phone! This is impossible, but you can convert the Mobile Game to PS5, which they do.

only good thing I can see is, that there is no more harm done to the series name!
good memories!

I found some information that is at odds with EditemosPes from that Reddit post.

View attachment 111944

One thing I noticed is he mentions Adam twice:

Yeah I think the aim of that trailer was to show what we’re striving for on the unreal engine. As usual, it was poorly communicated. I think even Adam didn’t truly know the goal of that next-gen reveal trailer at the time.

Please don’t go after Adam or any other employees individually, they don’t have the power to change the schedule.

I wonder if it's actually Adam himself or someone he knows. Either way it should be easy for Konami to come out and dispute it, since I'm not sure he's really helped the cause that much.

Last edited:
It's not about money. People are disappointed because the game is not the overhaul they expected. Do you understand that, chief?
They don't even release the final product, what you saw konami doesn't show you more. Since 2014 Konami doesn't want to show anything at all. You need is to wait, and then they stop trolling.

Other note, there is some modding trolls using old PES games to look horrible just to gain more fans on fifa. They do to FIFA as well.

Pick PES 2013 with adboards of efootball in the replay mode with 800x600 resolution. The rage is so high level on this days.

For me as PC user i do not care if the graphics are crap, i want it crap, fast and playable on potato computers. If they let me play, i'm satisfied.

Last edited:
Konami can still save this if they remove crossplay.

All versions running on Unreal Engine will save them time and money anyway. But Console/PC versions should be the priority with the most advanced features.

The scaled down mobile version could still be a similar game but stripped down. With fewer animations, less advanced ball physics etc.

Crossplay indicates that the game is the exact same across all platforms, with the only difference being visuals.

Last edited:
I dont see any changes from what we see now... i know and im sure that we will keep doing the patches and faces etc etc in the new Efooball , the only thing that changes its you dont need to pay at the start if you only play online, if you want game modes you can pay in game thats all .... im sure its something Konami want to try to call more people to come play , The game was called so many names before Pro Evolution winning eleven Pes and now its Efootball

I am genuinely curious to know if this was always the plan for this game?

Or if they were truely going all in on a next gen version as promised with that press release but then had to scrap their plans due to COVID etc.

Everything written after that is my opinion, although it will seem that I am defending Konami, believe me, I will be the last person here to do so.

If you consider this PES format with the purchase of content and modes.. not so bad. I know you are disappointed, united, that Konami did not prepare us for such a big change, and make us believe that we would have a normal game ... but this is the situation!

Just think, all these changes, turning PES into a Pay2Win game based entirely on microtransactions ... would hurt us more. This proves that there are still people in Konami who love PES and do not want the name of the series to be tarnished by such greedy and evil schemes! Someone hit the table and said "Do you want to turn the game into a live service P2W tool? OK but don't call it PES anymore, because it's not PES"

What I don't like and can't forgive Konami for is that they make a cross-gen, as far as I understand from the information by Konami, this whole cross-platform will be possible only for eSPORT modes and events. But means that they first develop the game to run on the low-end platform, and then look for ways to upgrade it to a high-end. Don't listen to them what they say they do the opposite, it can't happen. You can't convert a PS5 game to a Mobile Phone! This is impossible, but you can convert the Mobile Game to PS5, which they do.

AFAIK cross-platform games are developped using a shared SDK (on the PC) and then exported/compiled mostly automatically to the specific contraints of the device that will run the game. In theory, therefore, versions are not dependent on each other.

Of course, for online cross-play the mobile platform (and it's limitations) will be the defining factor but my hope is that offline modes will leverage the potential of consoles and at a later stage hopefully also the PC.

I mean any games company would shoot in their own foot if they would not be using next-gen power for at least some aspects of their newest games.

But given that this is Konami...

1627120448092.png

This guy makes a good point, there is a non-zero chance we will never see a Master League DLC even if it's promised for some time next year, it really depends on how the F2P experiment turns out and how successful FIFA 22 is by comparison. There will inevitably be an influx of players to eFootball in the first month or two with people trying the game out, but how well will it retain users? If the game is remotely similar to the network test then probably not very well, and that wouldn't bode well for future development.

My condolences to you all, but I have to say I'm not sad at all since I was stuck with PS2 era PES anyway - the games I never had any complaints about and I have always enjoyed like on day one. If this sad news means more people will become interested in retro PES so be it.

Unfortunately a lot of people on here were expecting a lot from Konami, the writing was on the wall ages ago, if you don’t get it now you never will and you’ll constantly be pissed off every year with this company, have your expectations extremely low and you won’t be disappointed which is what I have learned to do, I went through my angry phase only cos I cared alot but when a company sticks the middle finger in your face you know it’s time to let go and that finger appeared in our face ages ago, as for master league I’m expecting nothing new, the way I see it they are making it as a DLC so it gives them an excuse not to work on it any more cos they will say not many people bought it, mind you they didn’t make nothing new on it to entice the consumer to buy it in the first place, it’s a sad tactic but that’s what I expect from a low life company nothing more.

They don't even release the final product, what you saw konami doesn't show you more. Since 2014 Konami doesn't want to show anything at all. You need is to wait, and then they stop trolling.

Other note, there is some modding trolls using old PES games to look horrible just to gain more fans on fifa. They do to FIFA as well.

Pick PES 2013 with adboards of efootball in the replay mode with 800x600 resolution. The rage is so high level on this days.

For me as PC user i do not care if the graphics are crap, i want it crap, fast and playable on potato computers. If they let me play, i'm satisfied.
What it takes to you believe that Konami don't care about offline gaming anymore? This about microtransactions. Now we old fans are obligate to except this? To found this is a good thing? Konami don't care about this franchise anymore. This is just a slot machine for them.

About the graphics, it depends on what I play. If I play PES 5 or PES 18, I know exactly what expect. But if I'm going to play a game that supposedly have been developed for 2 years on a new engine in 21 century, with 4k and ray tracing all this tech stuff, I expect a certain level of quality, yes.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a lot of people on here were expecting a lot from Konami, the writing was on the wall ages ago, if you don’t get it now you never will and you’ll constantly be pissed off every year with this company, have your expectations extremely low and you won’t be disappointed which is what I have learned to do, I went through my angry phase only cos I cared alot but when a company sticks the middle finger in your face you know it’s time to let go and that finger appeared in our face ages ago, as for master league I’m expecting nothing new, the way I see it they are making it as a DLC so it gives them an excuse not to work on it any more cos they will say not many people bought it, mind you they didn’t make nothing new on it to entice the consumer to buy it in the first place, it’s a sad tactic but that’s what I expect from a low life company nothing more.

Heh. I use the same tactic. I always lower my expectations to the lowest possible but never in my worst nightmares i would have imagined the game to be so much worse in graphics and gameplay.

Never i would have imagined they would have compromised the console version to make it a middle ground for the mobile version.

Thankfully the beta warned me.

I'm glad I'm not so invested emotionally in these games anymore. I feel far more relaxed about seeing how the series will evolve with this change.

I love PES3 and still stick on it. Sadly it needs more tools, i really want to change the full goalkeeper kits on all teams in a option file. PES Master doesn't have kit editor for PES3 to 6 and make even more gamegraphic studio more capable to read textures without any errors.

What it takes to you believe that Konami don't care about offline gaming anymore? This about microtransactions. Now we old fans are obligate to except this? To found this is a good thing? Konami don't care about this franchise anymore. This is just a slot machine for them.
Konami is doing this for 2 years on steam. I just read many times on twitter. Master League DLC is for offline users.

Mate.. the game will be the same for all platforms... there is no such thing as " next-gen " PES anymore.. ops.. pardon eFOOTBALL, as there is no next-gen Fornite or Rocket league! Don't waste your money like us ...
Actually not. PS5 version will be different than the mobile version.
If you will play on PS5 against the mobile users, then the mobile version will be played on both platforms, however, if you play PS5 vs PS5/XBOX then the "new-gen" graphics will be available.

Although PC won't get this "new-gen" at launch. It may be released as a DLC later on (not confirmed when as yet).

Actually not. PS5 version will be different than the mobile version.
If you will play on PS5 against the mobile users, then the mobile version will be played on both platforms, however, if you play PS5 vs PS5/XBOX then the "new-gen" graphics will be available.

Although PC won't get this "new-gen" at launch. It may be released as a DLC later on (not confirmed when as yet).
Will next gen gameplay be available when I play vs ng console users?!
or is it always stuck at mobile level?!

I dont see any changes from what we see now... i know and im sure that we will keep doing the patches and faces etc etc in the new Efooball , the only thing that changes its you dont need to pay at the start if you only play online, if you want game modes you can pay in game thats all .... im sure its something Konami want to try to call more people to come play , The game was called so many names before Pro Evolution winning eleven Pes and now its Efootball
what is going to change is that master league will suck ass, they wont put any effort in it... you can see from the UI in the trailer that they even dont care how their game looks... as I said earlier they have no passion for this game, they dont care if it looks good and dont care if it plays good

You really dont get it, do you?
Its not about faces and patches, ffs, its about gameplay. If the game is scalable to be paired up with mobile devices - half of the controls will be missing!
They wont develop two different version with different controls
Same as on New Football Game we didnt have Right Stick Player Switch, second man press, super cancel (?)
You will be playing the game with limited controls from PS2/PS3 era!
Unless Im being mad here - someone corrects me - Graphics can be scalable, animations can be scalable, but not the controls
For anyone other than my dad, who thinks football games have too many controls as it is, its a horrible news.
All the gameplay depth is gone now.

Back
Top Bottom