eFootball (All Platforms)

Hey Guys,

Come on, let's all keep calm. Nothing bad happened yet. PES once used to be named "International Superstar Soccer"...so now it is gonna be "eFootball". So what. Just a name.

Further...yes graphics are a dissapointment in the Trailer....i repeat in the Trailer...as there are several hints that next gen is gonna be scalable and keep in mind how PES2021 original looks compared to pes 2021 modded. Way differences.

Konami needs to change their Business Modell to make more money with alle the New online/my Club and Potential FUT kiddies getting them via freeplay. But in the end they will offer offline Modus for a cumulative price as we used to know or even cheaper as modding friendly as we used to know.

We maybe have to figure out new modding ways as for every engine change we used to know,but this all is not gonna be as horrible as some of you may actually think.

Trust me, working myself for a bigger tech Company behind every New Business Modell there is a Business case and a bei, but you will always try to keep your customer base as satisfied as possible. But they need new customer from the competitor. Otherwise they are dead.

Keep your heads up all your great modders and pes community at all. This might be a year of change but i am sure modding and realism is going to emerge only with Konamis football serial.

Far too much hope is being put on Konami with this shit show of a transition to efootball.
They want to charge for different modes. That is all well and good if you can deliver a finished product. The facts remain though that Konami always tinker with the game and more often and not end up making things worse.

For umpteen years now we have bought the game on the strength of a decent demo. Then come release day its changed and we have a broken game. Then have to wait for around 5 or 6 updates for it to be just about playable.
With that in mind come release day of 2022 the uphill struggle of frustration begins again. A new engine won't make it easier either, given their form.

Hey Guys,

Come on, let's all keep calm. Nothing bad happened yet. PES once used to be named "International Superstar Soccer"...so now it is gonna be "eFootball". So what. Just a name.

Further...yes graphics are a dissapointment in the Trailer....i repeat in the Trailer...as there are several hints that next gen is gonna be scalable and keep in mind how PES2021 original looks compared to pes 2021 modded. Way differences.

Konami needs to change their Business Modell to make more money with alle the New online/my Club and Potential FUT kiddies getting them via freeplay. But in the end they will offer offline Modus for a cumulative price as we used to know or even cheaper as modding friendly as we used to know.

We maybe have to figure out new modding ways as for every engine change we used to know,but this all is not gonna be as horrible as some of you may actually think.

Trust me, working myself for a bigger tech Company behind every New Business Modell there is a Business case and a bei, but you will always try to keep your customer base as satisfied as possible. But they need new customer from the competitor. Otherwise they are dead.

Keep your heads up all your great modders and pes community at all. This might be a year of change but i am sure modding and realism is going to emerge only with Konamis football serial.
It’s more than just a name change. The whole reveal has been handled in such a deliberate amateurish fashion. The PES community have been misled since last years announcement, some of the most popular modes have been reduced to dlc that may not even come out this year and Konami are in damage control mode.

Last edited:
RIP PES

it's not just PES... but there is absolutely no next gen sports game coming out this fall worth buying PS5 or new Xbox. not one.. the new FIFA is a disappointment as well. I will probably buy it for PS4 but certainly no reason to buy PS5 for. NHL says new game engine and has not released anything yet. worrying...

a lot of these developers were hit hard during the pandemic and now also with the switch to next gen. it's just not konami with PES. they just got hit harder because they are smaller.

MLB the show will be the best sports game that releases this year on any system. and it released first. and it's also the bext next gen sports game that releases this year. it had stadium creator in and cross multi platform play. maybe 2k golf could beat it later on this year.. those look more promising than PES, FIFA, or NHL

any ways since PES is free to play I will get it and well maybe the gameplay will be so fun and addictive it will get us to put in money into the game.. I guess that's what konami is banking on... I will if it has good gameplay. I can give a shit about graphics any ways like most of the people dogging the visual i could careless.. I will play old school PES 5 or 6 still bc it has great gameplay. and if PES cross multiplatform play makes finding matches instant like fifa and has good online stable gameplay with no lag.. like i said this will get me to play it no matter what the graphics are and i will even consider better than FIFA online even though pro clubs is hard to beat. free to play should allow more people online and getting into games quicker.. but will konami have a proper network infrastructure to handle this? if they switched and invested heavily on network infrastructure side of things to support the online play of this game for once.. they might actually be on to something.. this is exactly what I have been complaining about on konami for years. online network play should always be their #1 priority if they ever want to compete with fifa and maybe finally they have listened to me regarding that.

u release a game like that gameplay cross multi platform play with online that works.. then that is better than any next gen footie game with the best visuals any day of the week for me.

so i will wait and see but but yeah don't have much hope like the most of you.

Last edited:
:LOL:
you know what, i have to give it too Konami. For their "slapstick" manner over the years. Also the best comedy is always delivered with a straight face. :TU:
(EA can be good jokers too).
But hey if i have to make do with 2021 for the next few years with Game play mods, i will be happy, because now the laughter can stop.

It's a PES forum, mostly. What do you want us to talk about?.
This is a big deal for us, for the forum. It is a dramatic event for a place like this.
Don't understand the question and neither the likes of all the admins. I have no authority and neither the wish to decide what you should talk about here. I am a small and rather irregular user of this place, nothing more.

The "drama" mention had nothing to do with the forum or the community but with the reaction of a specific user after I was toying with the idea of investing 10 Euro into a Konami DLC, which, for some people these days seems to be akin to buying Monsanto stock or investing into Chinese coal plants.

I see you later posted pretty similar thoughts on DLC and decided after a day of doom and gloom to have a somewhat positive outlook of sorts. Pretty much aligned there.

when you enter the Settings Menu in eFootball 2021 and go to Audio Setting. Set the Speakers to 5.1 and go to "ok". Leave the Settings and open it again and enter Audio Menu. You will see 7.1 as Standard again. These are the little Things that pisses me of since PES 2016. They do not care about such easy repareableThings. And for Player Stats it's the same Situation. In earlier PES Games you could feel a Difference between Messi and a normal Player. But these Stats Difference is gone. The only Thing Konami is about is making Money with Online Gaming.

when you enter the Settings Menu in eFootball 2021 and go to Audio Setting. Set the Speakers to 5.1 and go to "ok". Leave the Settings and open it again and enter Audio Menu. You will see 7.1 as Standard again. These are the little Things that pisses me of since PES 2016. They do not care about such easy repareableThings. And for Player Stats it's the same Situation. In earlier PES Games you could feel a Difference between Messi and a normal Player. But these Stats Difference is gone. The only Thing Konami is about is making Money with Online Gaming.
you mean Online Gambling

Free to play games have been subscription free on PSN for a long time and have become subscription free on XBL recently. This isn't news. If anything it simply shoots holes on the supposed insider because he claims you need PS Plus to play a F2P game, which is not the case for PSN.

Don't understand the question and neither the likes of all the admins. I have no authority and neither the wish to decide what you should talk about here. I am a small and rather irregular user of this place, nothing more.

The "drama" mention had nothing to do with the forum or the community but with the reaction of a specific user after I was toying with the idea of investing 10 Euro into a Konami DLC, which, for some people these days seems to be akin to buying Monsanto stock or investing into Chinese coal plants.

I see you later posted pretty similar thoughts on DLC and decided after a day of doom and gloom to have a somewhat positive outlook of sorts. Pretty much aligned there.
It's not about money. People are disappointed because the game is not the overhaul they expected. Do you understand that, chief?

Last edited:
Can't wait to find out they've made a solid game but all the effort went into online. Because that will be the biggest slap in the face for me.

People need to realize that Konami's Digital Entertainment division makes up a very small portion of Konami holdings and thus, doesn't bring in that much money for the company. The company's main focuses are on the Gaming division (gambling machines) and Amusement division (arcade games). The company also runs numerous gyms and sports facilities throughout Asia.

The writing has been on the wall for years. Silent Hill killed off, Metal Gear killed off, etc..

You know it just hit me. What happens to editing capabilities then? Should we anticipate any differences in that regard given what may be a different, if any, offline experience entirely?

Saw your comment in Reddit in KONAMI'S "INSIDER post. Honestly how can 11 vs 11 work without BAL mode?
Yeah, I don't know if it can. Of course, the most essential thing is team lobbies. I more optimistic that could arrive in a later patch, hopefully not super long after release (but you never know). And if you have that, and no BAL mode, and no other way to import created players into team lobbies, then maybe people end up using real teams, as unsatisfying as that is. I don't know. But life would be much easier if they let us do it the old way!
I found some information that is at odds with EditemosPes from that Reddit post.

View attachment 111944
Eh, I saw that and thought it was probably wrong when he said it, but due to the fragmented nature of Konami/their partners, can well imagine he was misinformed about that, or it was a guess, or he's not involved with any of the departments where pricing is a discussion, or even it was a slip of the tongue/stupid moment. I hear in games podcasts people who make it their living to talk about this stuff still get the name mixed up. A friend of mine literally today asked if one of the PS+ monthly games was "still on PS Now". I'm like, "dude, this has been around for ages, how are you getting this mixed up?" But people do.

I mean, he could still be a LARPer and it could all be a load of wank. Who knows? But I think better evidence would be that his claim Konami have amazing footage they just didn't use in the trailer... Even though I can think of reasons why (due to incompetence) that isn't outlandish to me.
Free to play games have been subscription free on PSN for a long time and have become subscription free on XBL recently. This isn't news. If anything it simply shoots holes on the supposed insider because he claims you need PS Plus to play a F2P game, which is not the case for PSN.
Same as above really, regarding what that means. I don't think it means much, even if there are other reasons to doubt him.

- pc platform needs crossplay due to lack of players
- never liked myclub that much, a re-design has potential at least

- what i dont like and wont support at all is a pc version that has no parity to next-gen version, be it feature or visually
- dont care for offline/ML/editing etc personally, i have old titles for that and prefer them, i see the new titles for what they are and thats it

thats all i have for now, from one or two videos and some but not much reading on it, my worry and bad feel on the unreal engine for footy game still stands (posted very early when news hit back then)

Spot on. No escapism means no story-building, no narratives, no phantasy, no creativity. Instead all about the moment and then gone. Next moment, gone, rinse and repeat.

I get the appeal of online, but Euro has just shown again that people long for build-up, context, stories and drama, for some kind of history, something that sticks.

But perhaps I am just an old fart who lost connection to our times.

Not only that with online games, it's the ' Update file has been found, restart the game to see how it's been mutated this week'.
Online modes taking up most of the games menus along with the nagging feeling that you're 5% of the target audience. Your online points/coins showing in the top right of the screen. Notification that your friend just won a throw in. The constant reminder of consumerism with adverts for other games within the game that you're playing. Your Online ID cropping up here there and everywhere when you're playing offline.

I'm starting to hate the whole experience, if you haven't noticed.

Hey Guys,

TL;DR: for me sounds like BS. THE core gameplay will be that of "NEW FOOTBALL JUST AN ONLINE BETA FOR TESTING PURPOSES - NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE" gameplay, and your console/platform will be just your personal graphics wrapper.

I mean, scalable in graphics, i can understand, some missing shadows, no Depth of field, worse lighting, worse textures quality although many times even the performance / FPS can change drastically (for worse) some gameplay elements.

But for gameplay mechanics. physics, possibilities, etc, I can't understand how it will be scalable. It is either downgraded or not. For example take any game from PS4 that has Nintendo Switch equivalent. Which switch version is superior than the Android games.

If you play both games, you can understand that graphics is not the only difference. It is gameplay, physics, collision system, possible outcomes from various collisions. I do not know and can't imagine how will this scale.

I believe, only graphics will scale, the real core is same for all platforms, I mean as someone said, in nextgen you will just play PESmobile in 4k/raytracing/60fps.

In any different case, if KONAMI really created a so flexible gameplay code, that is 100% next gen in New consoles and can adapt to ps4/xbox1/iOS/android for croosplay, having different versions of gameplay, then we talk about one of the biggest inventions in gaming history.

They must pattent this and sell it to other companies.
No more left players behind, newgen splits and leaps, no more having game fans behind forced to upgrade. For example next GTA VI can follow this Konami's innovation and be playable in all platforms PS3/PS4/PS5 total crossplay-crossgen, just with the platform-scaling trick and not take the money by only PS5 or/and Xbox series owners!!! How silly, there in Rockstar games they are!!!!!! :D:D :P

Last edited:
TL;DR: for me sounds like BS. THE core gameplay will be that of "NEW FOOTBALL JUST AN ONLINE BETA FOR TESTING PURPOSES - NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE" gameplay, and your console/platform will be just your personal graphics wrapper.

I mean, scalable in graphics, i can understand, some missing shadows, no Depth of field, worse lighting, worse textures quality although many times even the performance / FPS can change drastically (for worse) some gameplay elements.

But for gameplay mechanics. physics, possibilities, etc, I can't understand how it will be scalable. It is either downgraded or not. For example take any game from PS4 that has Nintendo Switch equivalent. Which switch version is superior than the Android games.

If you play both games, you can understand that graphics is not the only difference. It is gameplay, physics, collision system, possible outcomes from various collisions. I do not know and can't imagine how will this scale.

I believe, only graphics will scale, the real core is same for all platforms, I mean as someone said, in nextgen you will just play PESmobile in 4k/raytracing/60fps.

In any different case, if KONAMI really created a so flexible gameplay code, that is 100% next gen in New consoles and can adapt to ps4/xbox1/iOS/android for croosplay, having different versions of gameplay, then we talk about one of the biggest inventions in gaming history.

No more left players behind, newgen splits and leaps, no more having game fans behind forced to upgrade. For example next GTA VI can follow this Konami's innovation and be playable in all platforms PS3/PS4/PS5 total crossplay-crossgen, just with the platform-scaling trick and not take the money by only PS5 or/and Xbox series owners!!! How silly, there in Rockstar games they are!!!!!! :D:D :P

Honestly i am really optimistic they will actually make the gameplay or at least the animation scalable too.

Please all , don't get me wrong. This is the worst PES / Konami football game Trailer ever or at least the one i can remember.

But keep in mind what they wanted to publish was the cross plattform (what backfired quickly) and therefore it looks that they included mixed Version scenes into it. I mean just compare the Stadium graphics at the beginning with the sprinklers scenes. This looks really photo-realistic to me (must be in game scenes as you can See e.g. Bayern vs juve Logo on the scoreboard and they didin't play against for years in real life) and then they came up with tjis crappy dribbling scenes.

So all i am saying is. Let's keep calm and take this thing for what it is. A crappy and misleaded Trailer to publish a New Business model.

Nothing to give up and playing comic game fifa 22 next.

I still can't understand this scalable technology. KONAMI either has made the biggest invention in modern game history, or they just throw damage control shite.

Well, given how bad the online test played, they couldn't haven taken 2 years to develop that heap of dung, so surely the only thing that could have taken them 2 years is developing this miraculous, scalable gameplay.

But seriously, I'm like you and don't see how the gameplay can be scalable, depending upon what platforms are playing.

eg. the controls surely cannot be scalable - I mean, if you've got a PS5 and are playing PS5 v PS5, are you going to have available the full delux set of controls but then if you play PS5 v mobile, suddenly half your controls are disabled to ensure the mobile player isn't at a disadvantage.

Controls have to become instinctive muscle-memory, so they cannot have a situation where they are changed depending upon your opponents device....even Konami would recognise that...wouldn't they? Can you image that right-stick player-switching would be available in PS5 V PS5 but not available on PS5 v mobile because mobiles can't handle it? So the solution is to downgrade to the lowest factor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom