eFootball (All Platforms)

I'm gone for five minutes, and people start believing that a F2P game, made by a smaller team, by a company that has made all of its other franchises into poor F2P games at this point (compared to the original titles), that has given us (what is referred to as) a DEMO with simplifed mobile gameplay on next-gen consoles...

...is also going to have a team developing amazing next-gen gameplay. When they have told us themselves that their focus is cross-play, which requires the gameplay experience to be the same across all devices to function.

(And that one of their big dev focus points is adding mobile controller support. And even that will take them until next year to finish it.)

You really think that same team is going to make an amazing next-gen gameplay experience? :NO:

Judge what Konami do. Not what they promise. Nor what anyone claiming to be a contractor (or Twitter source) promises. How many times have we been here before?

It's not even that those guys are lying - I truly believe they're reporting exactly what they've been told. But put it like this:

I did a podcast with the Footy United guys last night (I'll post a link when it's uploaded), and was told during the record - seriously - that a guy who works for Konami have told one of the presenters TO THEIR FACE (well, in a video call) things that eFootball would be, which have turned out to be proveably false.

I don't think they were lying - but that one half of that company doesn't know what the other half's doing.

Please don't get your hopes up.

that a guy who works for Konami have told one of the presenters TO THEIR FACE (well, in a video call) things that eFootball would be, which have turned out to be proveably false.

I don't think they were lying - but that one half of that company doesn't know what the other half's doing.
This is hilariously sad for a company like Konami who used to make amazing games but killed all of their best IPs

I mean, if Pro Evo fans think they have it bad go ask Silent Hill fans how they feel. Seeing their favorites game dragged through the mud with bad remasters, seeing incompetent and ill-equipped people make the new games and then watch Konami cancel a new Silent Hill game by Kojima and make pachinkos out of it.

He indicated a bit that things were having to change with the scaling including animations, from what he heard. And that playing console vs mobile is very noticeable. I think he didn't just mean in terms of graphical fidelity.
i'm only interrested in the offline gameplay!
if i had full controls (like they are right now) when playing on a PS5 vs. the AI like before (including the gameplay mechanics) then lets see...

but i just cant get rid of the thought that gameplay and controls are dumbed down (mobile level) even when i play solo on PS5.

I did a podcast with the Footy United guys last night
ah, i see, YOU ARE getting your dose of podcast! good for your! :LOL:
🤗

i will surely listen to the lastest episode once its out. any rough date yet?

Edit 2: see this post

Interesting thread up on Reddit. If it's legit, the post and the comments/replies are quite helpful. But also they clarify our worst fears about the after-thought nature of offline modes.

Edit 1: oh, and he says PC won't be next-gen at launch...

Looks like a LARP to me, the whole thing about the game auto-scaling depending on the device of your opponent doesn't sound technically plausible. Most likely a Konami shill trying to give people false hope but throwing in the odd negative to keep it believable. The idea that they would accidentally show bad footage in the trailer is just preposterous when you consider how deliberate they were in not releasing any glimpses of the game since the Messi teaser.

Every time there is a new generation of consoles, they pull this shit. Also it always seems they feed of the advances of the PC market, then want the goodies all for themselves.
Then when the PC market tech advances even more, they will be playing catch up with PS6 ect.
Then because they have blocked the next gen games to PC, we have an analogy like Usain Bolt is miles ahead of a static pack, but is being forced to run in work boots, while the rest are wearing the top gear. ;)

Last time they didnt pull such shit was EA with Fifa 2001.

21 years ago. Yeah, there really is no hope left, we are fucked.

Does anyone know if the "new football game" online test involved multiple device types - eg. PS5 v PS4 matches and more particularly, mobile V PS4 or 5?

i wouldn’t care if the game looked like a mobile game across all platforms if the gameplay was phenomenal for offline but because offline has been reduced to nothing more than future a DLC addon, I can’t honestly see offline gameplay being any better than what we’ve had in previous Pes games.

No next gen on PC, at lest not at launch. It may get patched later on, but I doubt it will.

Time to buy a PS5 and cry.
Mate.. the game will be the same for all platforms... there is no such thing as " next-gen " PES anymore.. ops.. pardon eFOOTBALL, as there is no next-gen Fornite or Rocket league! Don't waste your money like us ...

This whole mess is very reminiscent of GT Sport where some genius decided racing vs AI was boring and nobody wanted that anymore... then they discovered several million people did buy Gran Turismo games to play offline and not everyone enjoys the win at any cost carnage most public online games are.

I'm gone for five minutes, and people start believing that a F2P game, made by a smaller team, by a company that has made all of its other franchises into poor F2P games at this point (compared to the original titles), that has given us (what is referred to as) a DEMO with simplifed mobile gameplay on next-gen consoles...

...is also going to have a team developing amazing next-gen gameplay. When they have told us themselves that their focus is cross-play, which requires the gameplay experience to be the same across all devices to function.

(And that one of their big dev focus points is adding mobile controller support. And even that will take them until next year to finish it.)

You really think that same team is going to make an amazing next-gen gameplay experience? :NO:

Judge what Konami do. Not what they promise. Nor what anyone claiming to be a contractor (or Twitter source) promises. How many times have we been here before?

It's not even that those guys are lying - I truly believe they're reporting exactly what they've been told. But put it like this:

I did a podcast with the Footy United guys last night (I'll post a link when it's uploaded), and was told during the record - seriously - that a guy who works for Konami have told one of the presenters TO THEIR FACE (well, in a video call) things that eFootball would be, which have turned out to be proveably false.

I think it was more the 'newer' members of the PES community mate, those that have only been around for a couple of years, holding on to any tidbit of hope they can, in a seriously depressing situation.
Those of us that have been around since the beginning, ISS days for me, have had to endure years upon years of the same Konami lies, promises, and BS, so we are less optimistic, as we have been stung many times over, so know the actual reality.

if even what that reddit guy that claims to be contracted to Konami said is true, and it does sound like a genuine post, then the cold hard fact is that a year or so ago when we was told that Konami were skipping a release because they wanted to focus on a truly next-gen game, with photo realistic visuals and revamped master League mode, and yet again, that has turned out to be as far removed from the truth as can be, they kept silent over the last 2 years and said nothing, and took 3 years to develop this new piece of garbage, whether there was a late change of direction or whatever is irrelevant, you get judged by what you deliver.

Oh my god + look at the kit resulotion on the fans

Dissapointing
View attachment 111843
messi5ojlb.jpg

I notice that some of you are considering paying for mobile Master League.
So, the blame is not only on the ”millenniuns” after all.

I'm considering giving PES 2021 a chance. Just got me a new GPU and CPU. I saw some very nice mods on KightMD channel and the game is very cheap on Steam.

I'm considering giving PES 2021 a chance. Just got me a new GPU and CPU. I saw some very nice mods on KightMD channel and the game is very cheap on Steam.

PES 2021 on PC with the mods, is a superb game, probably best PES to date, it has issues sure, with konami game play decision s but the sheer quality of PC mods make it like a different game, am using the VirtuaRed patch myself and it is amazing.

PES 2021 on PC with the mods, is a superb game, probably best PES to date, it has issues sure, with konami game play decision s but the sheer quality of PC mods make it like a different game, am using the VirtuaRed patch myself and it is amazing.
Thanks for the tip dude. I will look for it.

I'm seen this too. It's like a woman that gets cheated or beat up by her husband and always get back believing that he's going to change.
In Brasil we call them bitches.

Sorry if I'm too harsh here but we are too old for this.

I saw this KnightMD video too, was fantastic. One big problem though, the quality of the offline experience is all about the quality/variety of the AI and team/player ID. PES20 was crap for this, every team and player did the same exact moves every time., that is boring after 5 games. I can only assume PES21 is the same?

Back
Top Bottom