eFootball (All Platforms)

Been silent for such a long time had a positive reason: I was (and i am) truly happy with my copy of PES2020. I never tested PES2021 as it did not show any sign of gameplay or graphic enhancement.

The latest news tell, the 2021/2020 editions will be the industry standard of football gaming for a long time. As someone wrote before, i am now thinking to "conserve" the best version available.

Owning the PES 2020 disc version, i assume there wont be updates on a new system in the future. But PES 2021 should basicly be "fully patched 2020" out of the box, right?

In Reddit I found a picture that made my blood boil:
spah6g77ftc71.jpg

This only proves that he does not have any additional information other than what comes to us. He has nothing to do with game development and the decisions that are made or discussed. (I know more than him). IF he had even a small idea of what was going on in Konami, he would know that it was just an in-engine CGI, and the final game would have nothing to do with it, not even close.
All of us know more then him. Stupid people still continue to feed him since 2013, and since that day the liar keeps judging is saying the truth. (Keep reminding again). Is job was lying to us commanded by konami studios and get the final product as it is. I Know is already out. 2 years wasting to make 5 or 6 ports? Keeping the mouth shut is a good start. Better then Seabass, you will never see again. Bhatti is great for EU as president.

Last edited:
Owning the PES 2020 disc version, i assume there wont be updates on a new system in the future. But PES 2021 should basicly be "fully patched 2020" out of the box, right?
Same here. I own and play PES 2020 on a daily basis from 2019 and I'm planning to keep playing it for a while after the latest announcements. From what I understand, in PES 2021 they released a couple of tweaks to remove scripting and players "regen" in ML. So definitely an improvement.

I wanted to wait a bit until there was more info about this, but coming out and saying that "people don't want to play vs an AI and they want to play more vs human" really got me.
There are people that worked their arse off to make/convert stadiums to every team you can even imagine, retro stadiums, create and edit faces, make the best kits you can build, change the nets, the soundtracks, the entrance, the balls, the boots, etc, EVERYTHING. Communities with people spent days and nights to bring the PES players the best patches and addons you can imagine and give the game a chance vs FIFA and you come out and say that shit?

It shows how much this brand has fallen, how much it lost its soul.
Sad, sad for us, but most of all, sad for the creators of the game who back in 90s wanted to create something special.

You know it’s like some kind of disease this PES

Already hearing that familiar…80% build, different build, something secret, it’s going to be different for next gen, new demo code it’s awesome……….wake up and smell the coffee……..let it go and don’t get fooled by the same stuff rolled out over the past 15 years…..you’ve played it, you e seen it and the cat is out the bag on the future intention……just let it go

Don't think anyone is fooled anymore about anything ... these are "the whole new levels", just like they vaguely promised, brand new IP and philosophy.

Kudos to console crowd who had the chance to taste the "online performance 'demo'" and already got fully disillusioned ... PC crowd (not being given the chance to try that gem of a 'demo') can at least save their last chances for disappointments when we perhaps try the full F2P product upon release.

Being a kid probably helped not caring about kits and licenses or even gameplay haha. Having Barcelona was enough for me. Hell, I even liked 2011 back then and from what I've seen, it's not a very loved PES lol. I loved the whole mint green-ish colour scheme it had, probably my fav. They've obviously aged, but 2009, 2010 and 2011 are still so fun for me. Could be nostalgia tinted glasses tbh.
I think the licenses part kept me away from PES for a long time, but when I actually started playing Master league without licenses, it's like I stopped caring. I didn't even know what retro-pes was until october last year, and I expect myself to be the youngest guy on this forum so usually people would expect me to play FUT or fortnit but in truth I have never played those 2 more than once or twice my entire life. I have some friends who are quite stubborn fans of fifa and one guy just pours alot of his time into FUT, but that was around 12-15 months ago, but I don't expect the addiction for him to have reduced since then

I interpreted it as being required to use a controller on mobile if you plan on utilizing cross-platform multiplayer with consoles/PC. More to the point, you'd drastically increase the barrier to entry for your F2P mobile game if said game required a controller to play at all. They'd deter like 98% of their mobile audience.

But does this mean there will be 2 games at hand? One with advanced controls and made for next gen which can be played on a mobile if you use a controller and a dumbed down version which can be played all over without restrictions?

I highly doubt it though. Most likely it will be a version built so that a mobile device can handle it and then better graphics for consoles.

Just something interesting I found on Twitter:

If they just showed all the different versions in the same trailer, Konami is, without a doubt, the worst at marketing their products.

Have you played the beta? It was the same. The pre-match scenes were very good graphically and then during gameplay it was really bad.

Probably they thought to push the graphics pre-match but during gameplay a mobile phone certainly can't reach that quality, so they had to cut things and have a middle ground.

So the game is graphically inconsistent, sometimes great, most of the time awful.

Just better resolution, maybe Ambient Occlusion or something like than on next-gen ... with 60FPS.
I would be suprised if they add cloth physic or hair physics to next-gen.

But most important part, gameplay and animations must be same -- on some Samsung Galaxy and PS5 :LOL: :LOL:

What they have done ??? Who in the world will play it on PS5, maybe this year because people will try it and leave it ... but in the future.

So 1% hope is there that if you buy the PS5/XB/PC versions you get installed with the next gen version and a mobile version too, just in case you want to extend the online matchmaking to mobile?
But does that mean the next gen is completely different or it is the same game as mobile (which should be very limited in all aspects, animations, controls, tactics etc)?

On top if next gen is even remotely different to mobile even in just graphics, why did they not show that in their trailer? Just makes no sense at all.

Yeah like Office 365 and/or Creative Cloud.
Konami should have realized that they are in the 21st century, but must have taken all the wrong things from it. 😢
hate this subscription system. I just want to pay once and use it foreverm why do i have to pay monthly even if i dont intend on updating my software? :CURSE:

Had to switch to open source office apps amd ditched adobe for Davinci resolve because of bs subscription systems.

I know what cross play means but maybe they try to say cross play between ps5 and ps4? xbox new gen and old gen? I say this maybe in desperation but from photos about cross play I think they tried to say that.
It hurts guys, very good memories, sleepless nights, walking from lessons to local "internet caffe" to play against class mate, ooouch...
maybe I am too optimistic but I still can't believe that game will look and play like that on ps5, it's funny that someone even for fun will download and play mobile game on ps5.
I guess they will have nextgen graphics for offline modes, I mean no one will pay for that quality of content any money on next gen console. What fears me most is animations. If we cross play even with ps4 or xbox, they need to have same mechanics which will break all fancy looking stuff (if there is any).
What I can't understand is that after horrible fifa 21 on next gen, they had opportunity to bring back the glory of PES. 3 years they worked on a this??? If I am the boss of the firm they all will be fired immediately after I see what they worked into. If they think that with micro transactions they will have more income than regular disk or digital game they live in a different world! EA sell their game at full price every year, yet makes huge profit from FUT.
We desperatelly need Namco, 2K or some other well known developer to enter the football game market but in a same time I see from their perspective that entering the field where fifa is king, have all licences and stuff looks like suicide and throwing money.
My only hope is that maybe EA will develop something better for offline playing the game with proper positioning and stuff that bother players for the past few years.
It hurts...

Last edited:
Ah, i see Adam is gone full damage control on Twitter and even he admitted he is not working on the game. So he is officially out of the project.
As expected Adam was not the reason for bad decisions by Konami and the reason why the games were bad, as many thought and kept saying. Konami is capable of destroying their own games without any external help, they are really good at killing their own IPs.

Back
Top Bottom