eFootball (All Platforms)

It absolutely shocks me to see how many younger players have landed on this forum over the past few years. I can't wrap my head around it.
I must say Chris, i am glad that came from you (and not you know who). :WHISTLE:
Then again it would have most probably dropped like...

It absolutely delights! me to see how many younger players have landed on this forum over the past few years. I can't stress enough how i would like to pop around for a game, BTW if it's efootball 2022 forget it! Some things even a predator can't withstand. :LOL:

I'm wondering what their excuse will be to reset everyone's MyClub (or whatever they call it) team will be now that it's probably a continuous product without yearly releases now.

One of the reasons these modes are so lucrative is that every year people reset their teams to zero and spend again from scratch.

If you've spent enough to fill your team with 95+ rated players and it's not reset each year then why would you bother spending more years down the line?

Maybe they'll use some licensing excuse to say players are only valid until a certain date so they can carry on resetting people's teams.
They'll release higher and higher stats so u find players rated 115 like fifa online

It really is sad, I'm on the younger side (20 years old actually lmao) so my first PES games were 2009 and 2010. I remember having so much fun with them and looking forward to each release up until around 2013. From then on it just kept getting less exciting and less exciting. I'll cherish the memories it gave me, but I will never touch a Konami game again.
That is wild to hear, i almost wanna say sorry that this were your first PES games, cant even imagine

i think i was also about 13 years old when i really started to care about gameplay first, right when PES 3 came out

did you ever try the ps2 games?

It absolutely shocks me to see how many younger players have landed on this forum over the past few years. I can't wrap my head around it.

To me, PES can only make people fall in love with it if you played it back in the time where it was 10x better than the technical specs of a PSX/PS2 should have allowed it to be, and when FIFA was a joke of a game (it's not great at the moment but it's 100x better than it was back then).

For someone to play the modern games and become an ardent fan, especially when FIFA has all the licenses... It amazes me.
22 year old here, joined the forum as a 19 year old, but to be fair I did become a PES fan due to the classics. Some of my earliest gaming memories are going to my grandma's house for some nice family meetings, a lot of family members would go there every sunday, including two cousins of mine, who had a PS2 and Pro Evolution Soccer 6, or as we called it then, Winning Eleven 10, my cousins would play with me and my dad a lot, we always went for coop though, never played against one another, which is how I prefer it to this day really.

We didn't have a PS2 at home, only a Mega Drive/Genesis with no football games, but after it broke my dad got us a used PS1, and with it came Winning Eleven 2002, so every sunday I'd experience the last main PS2 title at the time, and then at home I'd experience the last main PS1 title, I was constantly playing these very polished games, which by itself was already fun, and I was doing it with family most of the time, which made it more special, so even before becoming a 10 year old I was already a PES addict. Eventually we got a PS2 and the game I'd always play with my cousins at sundays was finally mine to play everyday, I got PES2010 for PS2 aswell, which was my first experience with BAL, the PS2 era is where I'd also start playing around with editing for the first time. I recall also having FIFA09 for my PS2, but me and my dad didn't really enjoy it much, so my first impression of FIFA was underwhelming.

PS1, then PS2, naturally the next would be a PS3, and I got it in late 2010, and PES2010 for PS3 was at a discount price so my dad bought it, and even though I see now why it's not well regarded, 11 year old me was blown away by the HD graphics, and the gameplay was similar enough to the PS1 and PS2 games so I ate it up. I'll admit that while I see now that FIFA was probably the better game at this point, I was a dumb teenager so naturally I was a fanboy of what I knew best, and PES had already won me over with it's amazing editor, the Creation Centre looked ok, but it was on the browser, I knew that one day it'd get shut down and that'd be it, so FIFA was no competition in that regard. Also, I had grown to like the fake teams on D2 for some odd reason, after truly experiencing ML for the first time. I wanted to keep things familiar, those D2 teams, that editor, everything really, so next up I got PES2012 and just stayed with the series ever since, getting the PS3 version of PES2015 next, and most recently PES2018 on my PS4.

I did try FIFA out at many points, after growing up and seeing that being a fanboy is dumb and would only lead to me potentially missing out on good stuff, but I just never enjoyed the gameplay, everytime I tried out a demo or rented a new title in the series I just didn't get why everyone loved it so much and why it was seen as being so superior to PES, I wanted to love FIFA because it had so much to offer, but on the pitch it never did it for me, even when I finally got my first full FIFA after FIFA09 on the PS2, in that case FIFA19 which came bundled in with my PS4, I hated it so much that I panic bought a cheap copy of PES2018 even though I disliked that game at first.

Damn, I ended up writing a lot, I really need to lose my habit of writing an essay everytime I start typing, but well, I guess this is a story to show how a zoomer like me can end up a PES fan even without experiencing every PS2 PES game besides PES6, and growing up with the PS3 games that many regard as the downfall of the series. Now that I've mentioned it, I need to get around to playing PES3 and PES5 at some point, I feel like I've missed out on something pretty special.

I think the fantasy kits surely didn't do the trailer and the initial reaction any favours.
Nobody wants to see those psychedelic kits, anywhere in life.
The kits made everything looked cartoonish and meant to be played by children.

The whole color scheme added a lot of that "I think I'm dizzy and I would like to throw up now" feeling yesterday.

The Trailer was poorly presented and poorly planned.

Now that that's out of the way, I think this game will not be what we had been hoping for, but it may not be the worst thing ever once all the DLCs are out there with all the content available as Modules to be Purchased.

The "Bomb" Nonoloko was talking about (I've known him for almost 20 years, I used to purchase XBOX 360 games from him in 2007, he is trustworthy and has good info) might be about the EDIT MODE.
So can we assume that the game on next gen is nothing like the beta?

Ok so my thoughts on what Konami are attempting are extremely optimistic and probably a bit naive, but here we go:

Konami is working on a full fledged next gen game to compete with fifa. They will blow fifa out of the water with their unreal engine graphics and physics. They still wanted to generate excitement for last gen and mobile fans of the game, so they came up with a cross platform/free to play version. This will create a stream of revenue for them while they wait to release the next gen version in December.
They did not want to show footage of next gen version yet, because they need the focus to be on their larger demographic for now(mobile and last gen gamers).

I think we will get a PES next gen game, and because most of the dev resources were allocated to creating it, we had to settle for this free mobile game for now.
Those stadium shots looked too good. And the messi teaser was too good for them to release that dogshit footage yesterday.

coping.gif

Just something interesting I found on Twitter:

If they just showed all the different versions in the same trailer, Konami is, without a doubt, the worst at marketing their products.
So we will get two different games:
1. Online mode/cross-platform.
2. Offline mode-next gen.

On the other hand at this point i understand him and everyone who is related to Konami. What else would he say as an employee or contractor?
Yes this is shit news i disagree with the approach and i cant deliver official information either so wait for those.
As soon as Asim dropped off from Konami he was all about finally getting rid of a toxic place....until then promoting and being positive about everything. (But of course the toxic place could be the PES community too :D )
I mean they work for a murderer and support shady practices, how can I feel bad for them? Konami has been slowly killing PES for the last few years and this game is pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

If they just showed all the different versions in the same trailer, Konami is, without a doubt, the worst at marketing their products.

Still looks like coping to me
Literally all around the board it looks the same to me in the trailer. Everything is 4K, theres lots of 3d grass being rendered as well
Its just like the network test that the lightning just someeeetimes looked nice with the right vibe and angle lmao.

The same guy is saying most footage might be mobile. I dont know if you ever saw the mobile graphics on unreal engine btw but it wont be upped that bad for sure I can tell you that. You don't want only the best phones to be able to play this stuff.

If any its PS4 gen or PS5. With me 100% thinking the PS5 seeing the visual fidelity in that trailer.
I don't know how to say it better, It looks 4k, the assets arent downscaled and the textures are genuinely high quality, but it just looks... Not done?

Lightning looks downgraded at times even though they seem to have easier tech behind that on this engine, lots of stuff like player emotions and all those tiny details are not seen on the reveal. They have 3D grass for days with LODs reaching further as like in the new football game beta test just on next gen but it just looks to unfinished as well, as they just pasted some 3d grass polygon generator in unreal and just called it a day, Its as if theyre in a really early stage (Which they probably can just swipe away by saying efootball will be in development for years, as with a live service product like this they can update every month technically instead of holding back for the next yearly release)

These would be the prices of the different modes.
MyClub: free
Friendlies with all clubs: 15 usd
11vs 11: 5 usd
Master League: 10 usd
Become a Legend: 10 usd
Cooperative: 5 usd
Matchday: 5 usd

This is known in systems as SaaS (software as a service).

Why make things complicated for the consumers? There's absolutely nothing wrong with a proper full game. What it lacks is new features and improvements in Masterleague. I swear to god people who runs this company are out of touch from reality. Jesus. The best Konami could do at this point is sell the PES franchise to other developers. They can keep that Efootball turd to themseleves. PES fans derserve so much better.

Last edited:

Some parts look indeed different but parts where Neymar, Iniesta dribble and their faces close ups looks like last years game
Let’s hope this part is also for PC game

Konami wili also add those prices on the menu

1 fart while you playing - 10£
2 burp while you playing - 12£
1 blasphemy while you playing - 20£
1 insult towards random Konami employee while you playing - FREE(but if are minimum 2 you pay 17£)
1 Throwing PS controller towards the wall while you playing - 50£

In Reddit I found a picture that made my blood boil:
spah6g77ftc71.jpg

This only proves that he does not have any additional information other than what comes to us. He has nothing to do with game development and the decisions that are made or discussed. (I know more than him). IF he had even a small idea of what was going on in Konami, he would know that it was just an in-engine CGI, and the final game would have nothing to do with it, not even close.

Last edited:
Wait, what?

"Software as a service is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted". (wikipedia).

And that's a subscription $ per month? :P
Yeah like Office 365 and/or Creative Cloud.
Konami should have realized that they are in the 21st century, but must have taken all the wrong things from it. 😢

Thats intresting, if this would be trully sim next gen, PES 6, feeling and outstanding gfx then i would be ok

It would make sense now seeing this: we saw PS4 footage with Neymar etc, since last gen consoles will remain on FOX engine forever

I was going to buy myself a PS5. Now I think I will purchase both physical copies of Pes2020 and Pes2021 instead to save them as the treasures they really are. Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure Pes2021 will be our new Pes6 for years, the last survivor of a finished era in soccer video games or in video games in general. Besides, I still enjoy each game of PES4 in PCSX2 :0)

I saw something last night that's states you have to use an actual controller to play eFootball on mobile.

This at least gives me some hope that the controls just might not be as dumbed down as we first thought.

I saw something last night that's states you have to use an actual controller to play eFootball on mobile.

This at least gives me some hope that the controls just might not be as dumbed down as we first thought.
No you don't. It's optional. Touch controls will always be there.

I interpreted it as being required to use a controller on mobile if you plan on utilizing cross-platform multiplayer with consoles/PC. More to the point, you'd drastically increase the barrier to entry for your F2P mobile game if said game required a controller to play at all. They'd deter like 98% of their mobile audience.

There's only one way possible you could potentially play a next gen game on mobile & that's streaming. I've played lots of Stadia games on my Pixel phone & it's pretty cool.

I wouldn't think Konami have the capabilities to do this though would they?

I interpreted it as being required to use a controller on mobile if you plan on utilizing cross-platform multiplayer with consoles/PC. More to the point, you'd drastically increase the barrier to entry for your F2P mobile game if said game required a controller to play at all. They'd deter like 98% of their mobile audience.
Ahhh I see. Yes that's very true, they wouldn't want to alienate their mobile audience too much. So you need a controller to play online with Xbox/PS5 players etc, is that right?

Back
Top Bottom