eFootball (All Platforms)

Yeah, I would totally love to play ML, complete with cpu cheating, team spirit shenanigans, new controls designed for mobile & AI that plays with 2-3 patterns max for the low low price of $10 / month.

Additional costs may apply:
Pre-season: $10
Licenced scoreboard: $5
Serie B: $20
Extra AI attacking pattern: $5
etc.

:LMAO:

Waiting until the next drop of information. These are super exciting times!

Last edited:
Yeah, I would totally love to play ML, complete with cpu cheating, team spirit shenanigans, new controls designed for mobile & AI that plays with 2-3 patterns max for the low low price of $10 / month.

Additional costs may apply:
Pre-season: $10
Licenced scoreboard: $5
Serie B: $20
etc.

:LMAO:

Glimmer of light ... tweet never mentions "per month" keyword :LMAO: for all we know, these could be one-time fees ... or yearly fees

Or even weekly ... what do we know after all?

These prices add up together is the same as buying the full game, only if some have their fore again. :P. It is unfortunate that they will release this initially both game as early access and will improve through monthly updates. This game is likely to be good over half a year or more.

Here, I found it! Four months ago I tried to warn you :D

Do you think ? It's even creepy, see what I wrote bluntly about 15-20 days ago.
:THINK: What in the name of Beelzebub is this?!! Sorcery AFOOT!
"Nay Nay, do not tither, the Ducking stool, in the river"

unnamed.gif
If you are proved innocent. You will be redeemed by way of a free copy of efootball 2022 lite.

Disclaimer
If however even after the stool (if you survive) and we still feel you are in league with the devil, you will be taken to a place where the now unused pes ostriches will peck you into a confession.

A.N. IDIOT Witchfinder General.

:THINK: What in the name of Beelzebub is this?!! Sorcery AFOOT!
"Nay Nay, do not tither, the Ducking stool, in the river"

View attachment 111712
If you are proved innocent. You will be redeemed by way of a free copy of efootball 2022 lite.

Disclaimer
If however even after the stool (if you survive) and we still feel you are in league with the devil, you will be taken to a place where the now unused pes ostriches will peck you into a confession.

A.N. IDIOT Witchfinder General.
I read your post a few times and ... I know my English is not very good .. and I .. just ..ammm .... what?
giphy.gif

Ok so my thoughts on what Konami are attempting are extremely optimistic and probably a bit naive, but here we go:

Konami is working on a full fledged next gen game to compete with fifa. They will blow fifa out of the water with their unreal engine graphics and physics. They still wanted to generate excitement for last gen and mobile fans of the game, so they came up with a cross platform/free to play version. This will create a stream of revenue for them while they wait to release the next gen version in December.
They did not want to show footage of next gen version yet, because they need the focus to be on their larger demographic for now(mobile and last gen gamers).

I think we will get a PES next gen game, and because most of the dev resources were allocated to creating it, we had to settle for this free mobile game for now.
Those stadium shots looked too good. And the messi teaser was too good for them to release that dogshit footage yesterday.

Ok so my thoughts on what Konami are attempting are extremely optimistic and probably a bit naive, but here we go:

Konami is working on a full fledged next gen game to compete with fifa. They will blow fifa out of the water with their unreal engine graphics and physics. They still wanted to generate excitement for last gen and mobile fans of the game, so they came up with a cross platform/free to play version. This will create a stream of revenue for them while they wait to release the next gen version in December.
They did not want to show footage of next gen version yet, because they need the focus to be on their larger demographic for now(mobile and last gen gamers).

I think we will get a PES next gen game, and because most of the dev resources were allocated to creating it, we had to settle for this free mobile game for now.
Those stadium shots looked too good. And the messi teaser was too good for them to release that dogshit footage yesterday.
You're hilarious, there's no chance that's true mate. Just accept the sad truth :(

there is no such things as PES anymore, they renamed every social media account eFootball.... PES is done

Lads look.

The writing was on the wall for a very long time.

All this death cycle of hype train, expectations skyrocketing and inevitable heartbreak - over.

As far as I'm concerned Master League died when the formula changed in 2010 or 2011? When we moved from classic formula to ineptly imitating the "actual" football which is completely impossible with basic ass transfer algorithm and six or seven full leagues. This didn't hurt as much in older PES, we all knew it's fantasy anyway. Moving from fantasy to "reality" is what killed ML - slowly but surely.

Above all I hate pretending and dishonesty. Can't believe I'm saying this but big up to KONAMI for being honest for once. They are not interested in making singleplayer game anymore. They are not interested in developing a game mode not many people are playing anyway (let's be honest Evo-Web, as elite and amazing as it is, is tiny in the PES world). And they haven't made anything noteworthy in the past decade anyway, ML-wise. Happy to let them go.

Insert the usual retro PES is better anyway comment. Here's where I insert it. Go get PES 3 find out how crazy well its Master League is holding up, you will shit your pants once you win a title and get a star above your crest! Do it, just shut up, and do it 🐑

I will happily test eFootball. If it will provide what it states it will - a proper, fully functional online football game - I can play friendlies with others all day. I would love to play online leagues and tournaments. Cruel truth is that people are amazing at video games these days - scripting is the only real way to make the game harder. If there'll be a proper game for it, I will happily play against others.

I also do applaud the DLC system actually, in this case specifically. Couldn't give rat's arse about Premier League or other competitions, would happily get ACL or J-League if they can get it and play online with others. Don't care for BaL or League Mode. Don't care for half the in-game licenses. If I can avoid paying for them it's a big W, assuming the DLCs will be priced fairly of course.

This whole arrangement could flip the table on EA. What's the story with licenses now? It's not exactly a "console game" anymore and some mobile PES games had Bundesliga and J-League. What does that mean? Does that mean the slow end of license supremacy? The world of legalities is complicated and full of dangers. Era of fully priced video games might be coming to an end overall. Subscriptions are cheaper and more flexible. The times are changing, weird seeing konami for once being the first to embrace the change.

Most likely scenario is that the game will be below average and not much will come out of it - oh well, still have an array of PS2 PES games and like a hundred thousand patches to play with. Football games were dead for quite a few years now, this is not really a big news, just the final step. Still, would like to see eFootball work out, would like to play online football game 🐑 The alternative to this would be just getting the same shitty game every year, paying 50 euros for annual disappointment. It's time to move on! 🐑

TL;DR don't cry it ended! it was shit for a decade now and was finally put to rest. be happy it happened and take what's good, for example, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 with Pierluigi Colina's beautiful shiny forehead on the cover! Still as playable as 20 years ago.

giphy.gif

Proper mental gymnastics here.

Here's the thing anyway, maybe consider that Konami sort of officially killing PES will do you more good than harm in the long run. You won't be frustrated any longer, you won't be disappointed any longer, there's really nothing else they can do to shit on your fond memories of the games. You don't need to play football games, or sports games in general. There's plenty of MUCH better games to play. The direction is clear for sports games, integrate mobile and console games as much as possible, fill them with as many microtransactions as possible and disregard anything that is not deemed profitable.

The reactions from most PES fans have been overwhelmingly negative to this new bs and rightfully so. But how many of you will still buy the master league dlc? Vote with your wallet guys. It's not worth the money. They changed nothing, as we saw. The wonderful people from this forum already provide better kits, gfx, etc etc. There's literally no need to get the abomination they're about to release. Don't encourage this bs. I'd rather have PES die (which it did), then play this sad excuse of a "game".

Do you guys remember the 3 year cycle?! :SHHH:
I've never seen this side of you! ...but I like it! Welcome to the dark side - time to change your signature! :LOL:

In all seriousness, it's horrible to see the positivity knocked out of you - but in truth, I'm also relieved that the majority are seeing this move for what it is. Cutting the dev team down and making a F2P game - there's no coming back from this. For guys like us, anyway. It pains me to see people clinging on for more. We've been hurt enough. We have to let go.

P.S. - You asked about the podcasts the other day. I'm a guest on the next Footy United podcast, we're recording in a few hours. I'll be half asleep (it'll be 2am) so I don't think I'll be on sparkling form... :ZZZ: But I'll try to represent Evo-Web as best as I can.

I kinda feel guilty for mocking people who thought that this NFG is the next installment in this great series. Never could I ever have thought that they would let it be played for free since that Messi trailer last year was so good. Sorry guys. I'm in deep pain. I can't even think of a football game without PES written on it.

It really is sad, I'm on the younger side (20 years old actually lmao) so my first PES games were 2009 and 2010. I remember having so much fun with them and looking forward to each release up until around 2013. From then on it just kept getting less exciting and less exciting. I'll cherish the memories it gave me, but I will never touch a Konami game again.

It really is sad, I'm on the younger side (20 years old actually lmao)
It absolutely shocks me to see how many younger players have landed on this forum over the past few years. I can't wrap my head around it.

To me, PES can only make people fall in love with it if you played it back in the time where it was 10x better than the technical specs of a PSX/PS2 should have allowed it to be, and when FIFA was a joke of a game (it's not great at the moment but it's 100x better than it was back then).

For someone to play the modern games and become an ardent fan, especially when FIFA has all the licenses... It amazes me.

I've never seen this side of you! ...but I like it! Welcome to the dark side - time to change your signature! :LOL:

In all seriousness, it's horrible to see the positivity knocked out of you - but in truth, I'm also relieved that the majority are seeing this move for what it is. Cutting the dev team down and making a F2P game - there's no coming back from this. For guys like us, anyway. It pains me to see people clinging on for more. We've been hurt enough. We have to let go.

P.S. - You asked about the podcasts the other day. I'm a guest on the next Footy United podcast, we're recording in a few hours. I'll be half asleep (it'll be 2am) so I don't think I'll be on sparkling form... :ZZZ: But I'll try to represent Evo-Web as best as I can.
Konami do not deserve for us to look at this new game as if it is still PES, by destroying the PES brand they do not deserve for us to carry over any sentiment we may have towards their product and them as a company. although many of us have a history of tearing konami to pieces over their mistakes and quirks over the last 20 years when it comes to PES we've all done it from a place of what is essentially unrequited love and passion.

As much as they have tried to break apart from us when it suits them, they are still relying on as many of us carrying over our passion and feelings, the desperate scramble regarding master league and such today proves that.

We NEED to let it go and not treat it as a continuation of PES

It absolutely shocks me to see how many younger players have landed on this forum over the past few years. I can't wrap my head around it.

To me, PES can only make people fall in love with it if you played it back in the time where it was 10x better than the technical specs of a PSX/PS2 should have allowed it to be, and when FIFA was a joke of a game (it's not great at the moment but it's 100x better than it was back then).

For someone to play the modern games and become an ardent fan, especially when FIFA has all the licenses... It amazes me.
I became a fan in 2007, and I never played pes 5 or 6 when they were new games

Considering how much of an absolute train wreck the reveal turned out to be,I wouldn’t be surprised if Konami introduced some kind of bizarre subscription service at some point in this F2P monstrosity .

Last edited:

Being a kid probably helped not caring about kits and licenses or even gameplay haha. Having Barcelona was enough for me. Hell, I even liked 2011 back then and from what I've seen, it's not a very loved PES lol. I loved the whole mint green-ish colour scheme it had, probably my fav. They've obviously aged, but 2009, 2010 and 2011 are still so fun for me. Could be nostalgia tinted glasses tbh.

Same. Stunned anyone born this side of the 'new' millennium would have ever touched PES. It's not just the licences, for me - I think FIFA was better than PES for the entire seventh generation.

Back
Top Bottom