EA SPORTS FC 25

This is pretty much what I imagined. Do the original tactics actually work (stay central, cut inside, etc)?
no idea! in the feedback they are very rare to talk about their experience in the game, some avoid the subject and only talk about the new things... For tactics, if we look again at the video that I posted the answer is no.

EA FC 25 is also adding a new simulation difficulty to Career Mode. Essentially, this means that your CPU opponent will now learn your tactics and dynamically change its plans to neutralize what you do. We made a point of asking O'Donnell and Wilsdorf if this would lead all teams to feel similar when trying to adjust to the player, but they assured us that the computer is also taking into account the matches it plays against other CPU teams and its coach's overall strategy to keep each team feeling slightly different. As Wilsdorf said in our interview, "The Tiki Taka that Spain plays is slightly different from Germany's Tiki Taka. It was like two totally different styles of football." In addition, you will now have more control over Career Mode customization. If you want to disable the Manager Classification, you can. Want to make it even harder? This is also there, along with several other welcome customization options.

Thanks you so much Mathgamer for all your work since many years, we appreciate that 💪.

On paper, EAFC 25 looks like a dream come true for offline players. So many things we wanted for years are maybe in this year.

I know you're on NDA but my only question is : do you feel on the pitch all these changes?

If yes, EAFC 25 has the potential to be the next FIFA 16 in the heart of the gamers with modern technologies like Hypermotion and FC IQ.

I hope EA has understand than a great game with a more simulation feeling with the hype and good reviews will reach many offline gamers.

Footy games now are painful, because you don't feel the passion behind of the producers work. Only focused on shitty micro transactions, your money is the target.

I hope a new era is coming where quality meets quantity.

Last edited:
RANT INCOMING

So, I have a few comments on what has been said by @Mathgamer and from his interview. ( i am not picking on you Mathgamer, just making a point :) ).

So I will start with. EA have an exceptional habit of over hyping and using the correct words to make people believe they have done something, when in fact, they've done nothing. Look at the overall pitch notes for the past 5 years and you will see for yourself.
EA FC 25 is also adding a new simulation difficulty to Career Mode. Essentially, this means that your CPU opponent will now learn your tactics and dynamically change its plans to neutralize what you do.
I am 99% certain this has been said at least 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years and at no point has this been true. What they actually do is dynamically adjust difficulty "change it plans" to "neutralize" you. So EA leave me with no confidence that this will happen this time. The AI have never had the ability to go further than understanding the player its controlling at the time then play a "normal style" which tends to be short passes with no errors to get to the box to shoot. Mods have proved that this is the case. If you turn off a lot of the "basic" AI tasks (known as objectives), they will actually play a different style, run down the wings etc. This would need a practical rewrite (which I doubt has happened).
"The Tiki Taka that Spain plays is slightly different from Germany's Tiki Taka. It was like two totally different styles of football."

This stuff about tika taka, dont make me laugh. The AI ONLY plays tika taka (unless modded) because the AI doesn't know what else to do. I would be astounded if FC25 will be any different to this on release. Even if it is good on release, after title update 1 or 2 because EA ALWAYS break their gameplay by changing things to suit Ultimate team and they never adjust the AI to cope with it. Also. Did they devs actually watch the Euros? Spain didn't play Tika Taka... :DOH:.

To end on a positive note:
I welcome all the slider and customization options though and I hope I am totally wrong about EA and they've done something amazing.

I participated in the presentation of FC25, and I liked what I saw. The version that the press tested was from May, so we will probably see something better only in the beta. The tactics have changed a lot, and I don’t just mean the mechanics, but also the menus.

A lot of feedback that I sent them came this year, I was surprised. But I feel like the approach of 2K caused that.

Some notes!

EA presents FCIQ - More depth and customization in its tactics!

Player Roles: Guide how players behave off the ball.

Focus: Expands on roles.

Role Familiarity: Ability of each player in the Role.

Informing Roles!

➡️ AI: We created a proprieraty AI Model/Understanding of our Roles and what types of play/skills are needed to perform them.
This is what I was doing in the last years with my gameplayzer, but AI still hasn't the capacity to understand which role should fall the player if it is done taking the values from the current DB. A manual input should be provided to assign the player to the current role.
➡️ Real: Uses real-data from Opta from last few seasons/Analyses all the games, stats, plays and appearances.

➡️ Roles: Determines what Player Role each player is familiar with/Goes beyond a position, can show the totality of a player.

All Roles!

Goalkeeper: Goalkeeper/Sweeper Keeper.

Position - GK.

Fullback: Fullback/Falseback/Wingback/Attacking Wingback .

Position- RB/LB.

Centre-back: Defender/ Stopper/ Ball-Playing Defender.

Position - CB.

Defensive Midfielder: Holding/Centre Half/ Deep-Lying Playmaker.

Position - CDM.

Wide Midfielder: Winger/ Wide Midfielder/ Wide Playmaker/ Inside Forward.

Position - RM/LM.

Attacking Midfielder: PlayMaker/Shadow Striker/Half-Winger.

Position - CAM

Winger: Winger/Inside Forward/Wide Playmaker.

Position - RW/LW.

Striker: Advanced Forward/ Poacher/ False 9/ Target Forward.

Position - ST.

Centre-Midfielder: Box-to-Box/ Holding/ Deep-Lying Playmaker/Playmaker/Half-Winger.

Position - CM.

In addition to the roles, there is the focus of each role.

Focus: Expands on roles.

Focuses per role: 1 - 3.

Total 52 combinations.

Some examples: Defend, Attack, Complete, Balanced, Wide and Roaming.

Role Familiarity ➡️ Four levels.

Role (Base): The player can play in the Role.

Role+: Accomplished in the role/Every player has a Role+.

Role++: World Class in the Role/Few players have Role++.

Out of position: Simplified version of the Role.

Example!

Familiarity Vinicius Jr.

Standard Role: Winger - LW.
Role +: Poacher - ST.
Role ++: Inside Forward - LW.
Out Position: Holding - CDM.

Team Tactics!

Settings:

➡️ Formation.

➡️ Defensive Approach.

➡️ Build-Up Style.

Summary:

➡️ Dynamic feedback of tactic.

➡️ Analyses team and player roles.

➡️ Areas: Attack, Defense, Width, Endurance, Length and Build-Up.

Activity Map:

➡️ Highlight where players will move and play in the match.

➡️ Unique map per Position + Role + Focus.

Presets:

➡️ Set up your team quickly.

➡️ Tactics inspired by real-life clubs, signature styles, and managers.

➡️ Set team tactics and Player Roles

Views:

➡️ Check how your tactic function Without Ball and With Ball.

Custom Tactics!

➡️ Up to five fully custom tactics that are independent of each other.

➡️ They share the same lineup.

➡️ Edit, activate, renome, duplicate, and delete.

Custom Tactics Code!

➡️ Generated by each tactic.

➡️ Share with friends or followers.

➡️ Universal: work between any mode, any console, and any gen.
That's nice, more tactical depth. Still I have my doubts if with every new role there is a new overall calculation formula, otherwise the impact of this feature would be minimal
Team Management!

New view:

➡️ View more info on each player.

➡️ Comparison is on-demand - it happens when you select two players.

Tabs:

➡️ More detailed tabs for stats and Playstyles.

➡️ New familiar Player Roles tab.

Bench:

➡️ Bench size increase: 9 players.
It could be 12 as in real life serie A
➡️ Gen 5 only (Kick off, Career Mode, Seasons and Tournaments)

➡️ In game: Subs Remaining/Sub Windows Remaining.

New Corner Kick Support:

➡️ Target Player (Attack)

➡️ Near Post Player

➡️ Back Post Player
Also for defensive team i would like to set a corner kick tactic... to nullify that.
Smart Tactics!

➡️ My Tactics.

➡️ Tactical Focus.

➡️ Quick Tactics.

➡️ Tactical Suggestions.

➡️ Tactical Prompts.

➡️ ChalkBoard

➡️ AR

➡️ Commentary.

➡️ Any Time.

➡️ Substitutions.

Gameplay & MatchDay Experience!

Hypermotion:

➡️ Volumetric Driven: New animations.

➡️ Player Personality: Add player personality through authentic Skill move, set piece and player celebration.

➡️ Hypermotion Fuels IQ: Foundation that fuels FC IQ.

➡️ Full Body Mimic: Top movement and bottom movement for 1,800 players, including 200 for women.

Goalkeeper Playstyles!

➡️ FootWork.

➡️ Rush Out.

➡️ Deflector.

➡️ Cross Claimer.

➡️ Far Throw.

➡️ Far Reach.
Mmmh knowing how keeper are being implemented till now this is not enough. Keeper have a different skill set for mental and phisic skills.
Professional Foul!

➡️ Ability for a player to purposely foul their opponent to neutralize an attack.

➡️ Will be able to trigger this using the right bumper and X on Playstation and A on Xbox.

➡️ Will be given a yellow card, and if persistent enough, will get a red card.
Tactical foul? Well, if AI can do that as well would be nice
Refine left stick dribbling!

➡️ Refine the movements and get a more responsive, better visual quality looking dribble.

➡️ A ton of animation database cleanup which has allowed us to not only retain the responsiveness but deliver great visuals.
I would put an auto dribbling if the difference between dribbling attribute, ball control and stand tackle is more than a value...
Passing Accuracy Revamp!

➡️ In FC25, there's a bit of error introduced again to reflect a more authentic result based on the context.
Let's hope. Still casual gamers will complain.
Five new skill moves!

➡️ Toe Drag Stepover.

➡️ Big Fent.

➡️ Step Over Ball.

➡️ Heel Nutmeg.

➡️ Drag Turn.
Skill moves are used by very few players, adding lots of them make the game more similar to circus that a football game
Collisions with the goal post!

➡️ Addition of animations of the player hitting the head on the post, the leg on the post or the hand on the post.
That will be fun!
Simulation Mode!

➡️ New way to experience gameplay in FC25.

➡️ Slower and more like the pace of real life.

➡️ New weather effects: Wind speed, wind direction, and players slipping in snowy and rainy conditions.

➡️ AI Opponents Feel Dynamic: AI Teams utilize unique tactics.
I still have doubt on that, more slow pace will be hated by casual gamers, unless this is a separate option.
Living Stadium!

➡️ Authentic Mascots: Reacting to the play on the pitch.

➡️ Active Sideline Moments: Managers, Officials, & substitutes now react to pivotal moments during the match.

➡️ Authentic Crowd Reactions: Crowds better anticipate the play.

➡️ Dynamic Stadium Elements: Photographers, camera men, & crane cameras follow the action, while security, crowds, & officials move aroud the stadium.

Graphics Mode!

➡️ Enhanced Visuals: Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion, Cloth sim on shirt and shorts during GP, Self Shadowing, all times of day, Rim Lighting, 3d pitch divots and puddles and Local Exposure.

➡️ Favour Resolution: Cloth sim on shorts during GP, Self shadowing in daytime and default exposure.

Dynamic Time of Day Progression!

➡️ From the firts half we'll have sunset and then you'll see in the second half it's night time.

➡️ Having that transiction making the environment feel like it's progressing and it's alive.

HyperMotion POV!

➡️ POV Camera: New perspectives in first person from some of the players, such as goals, corners, or substitutions.

Authentic Match Intros!

➡️ We've listened to community feedback and we've brought back full authentic match intros.

➡️ Our players now have the option to opt in & watch a full authentic match intro following the sizzle reel introduced in FC24.

➡️ Lastly our players also have the ability in our options menu to toggle on/off the full match intro.

EA Sports Cranium!

➡️ We're looking to leverage the power of machine learning to generate some likenesses.

➡️ Using the power of EA Sports Cranium, we use machine learning to input the photo and have the machine-learned likeness.

Thanks to @Datiss77

On paper this sounds far too good to be true, but it's EA so I'll better keep my expectations low.

Most interesting for me is this simualtion mode, something that a lot of offline player where hoping for a long time. Let's see how this turns out. And should I dare to have the glimpse of hope, that the gameplay patches for the FUT-kids probably don't affect this simulation mode?

Thanks you so much Mathgamer for all your work since many years, we appreciate that 💪.

On paper, EAFC 25 looks like a dream come true for offline players. So many things we wanted for years are maybe in this year.

I know you're on NDA but my only question is : do you feel on the pitch all these changes?

If yes, EAFC 25 has the potential to be the next FIFA 16 in the heart of the gamers with modern technologies like Hypermotion and FC IQ.

I hope EA has understand than a great game with a more simulation feeling with the hype and good reviews will reach many offline gamers.

Footy games now are painful, because you don't feel the passion behind of the producers work. Only focused on shitty micro transactions, your money is the target.

I hope a new era is coming where quality meets quantity.
The version we tested is very reminiscent of FC24, but with a relevant tactical deepening, you will notice that they have totally changed the menus and the player's behavior with and without the ball, but I still felt the defense a little static. EA commented that it's clearing up the animations to make the animations more beautiful and preserve responsiveness, leaving the game less skating, but you'll still see some skating. They added moves at the bottom of the players, but only for 1,800 players, this through Ai Mimics. Note: the version we played is from May and EA said it does not represent the final product. Looking at the impressions in various articles and videos the feeling is that it's an FC24 with more tactics and subtle improvements in animations, nothing revolutionary. In this compilation there was no simulation mode.

In anycase, for the PC version, I can't wait to see what @Anth James does with this. I think his gameplay mods alone give the purchase much more sense. He's done an amazing job.

Yeah, looking at just how much work @Anth James has had to do to make FC 24 playable (see the latest video of his work here, and how drastically different it is from the vanilla version)... It's a reminder that FC 25 is just as likely to have that frankly, in my opinion, worst-ever vanilla gameplay.

We don't have all of the levers he has, even with the new sliders - we can't simply disable the "reward mechanic" physics, nor edit the ball/player weight, friction, gravity... and having 100+ sliders would obviously be incredibly offputting.

But without Anth's work, FC 24 cannot be shaped into a fun product for me, so it remains to be seen in FC 25 can be (especially if FC IQ doesn't heavily - and I mean heavily - impact the currently brain-dead "floats into position, stops dead, floats off again" AI).

I wouldn't have brought it on PC if it wasn't for the mods salvaging this game.
Appreciate the kind words guys, thank-you.

I'm looking forward to see what FC25 brings - and hopefully there's some added improvements/depth to work with from the base. I'll be ready to get stuck into the work in a massive way when the time comes!

It will be a dream if EA let us to see their work and add our passion to bring some simulation into it.

We are not paid but we love seeing people appreciate our work. We love football games for decades and it's a bit hard to see the state of footy games now.

I sent your work to EA.
People sent my work on Career Mode and Gameplay to EA for years. Nobody cared. :/

I got asked by a Producer once to essentially hack their game to show off how much I could do to Career mode. (Because they saw my Career Expansion Mod). Was a little odd that one. I said it would make more sense to actually let me see source code and help out that way.

Appreciate the kind words guys, thank-you.

I'm looking forward to see what FC25 brings - and hopefully there's some added improvements/depth to work with from the base. I'll be ready to get stuck into the work in a massive way when the time comes!
Sadly, we are 100% relying on Aranaktu to bypass Anti Cheat to us to do that. Unless FIFA Editor or I (with FMT) do something very differently to unlock the possibilities for us.

Isso é o que eu estava fazendo nos últimos anos com meu gameplayzer, mas a IA ainda não tem a capacidade de entender qual papel deve recair sobre o jogador se ele for feito pegando os valores do BD atual. Uma entrada manual deve ser fornecida para atribuir o jogador ao papel atual.

Isso é legal, mais profundidade tática. Ainda tenho minhas dúvidas se com cada nova função há uma nova fórmula de cálculo geral, caso contrário o impacto desse recurso seria mínimo

Poderia ser 12 como na série A da vida real

Também para a equipe defensiva eu gostaria de definir uma tática de escanteio... para anular isso.

Mmmh sabendo como o Keeper está sendo implementado até agora, isso não é o suficiente. O Keeper tem um conjunto de habilidades diferentes para habilidades mentais e físicas.

Falta tática? Bem, se a IA também puder fazer isso seria legal

Eu colocaria um drible automático se a diferença entre o atributo drible, controle de bola e tackle em pé fosse maior que um valor...

Vamos torcer. Ainda assim, jogadores casuais vão reclamar.

Os movimentos de habilidade são usados por poucos jogadores, adicionar muitos deles torna o jogo mais parecido com um circo do que com um jogo de futebol

Isso vai ser divertido!

Ainda tenho dúvidas sobre isso, um ritmo mais lento será odiado por jogadores casuais, a menos que seja uma opção separada.

This is what I was doing in the last years with my gameplayzer, but AI still hasn't the capacity to understand which role should fall the player if it is done taking the values from the current DB. A manual input should be provided to assign the player to the current role.

That's nice, more tactical depth. Still I have my doubts if with every new role there is a new overall calculation formula, otherwise the impact of this feature would be minimal

It could be 12 as in real life serie A

Also for defensive team i would like to set a corner kick tactic... to nullify that.

Mmmh knowing how keeper are being implemented till now this is not enough. Keeper have a different skill set for mental and phisic skills.

Tactical foul? Well, if AI can do that as well would be nice

I would put an auto dribbling if the difference between dribbling attribute, ball control and stand tackle is more than a value...

Let's hope. Still casual gamers will complain.

Skill moves are used by very few players, adding lots of them make the game more similar to circus that a football game

That will be fun!

I still have doubt on that, more slow pace will be hated by casual gamers, unless this is a separate option.
Simulation mode is only in offline modes.

AI is the big problem of actual games, not only footy games. They kill CPU intelligence. It's not normal than FIFA 16 on a PS3 has a better AI than EAFC 24 on PS5. Extra power is useless if they didn't redefine how AI should work.

We prey each year to have crosses, long shoot, inertia, footplanting, good gaolkeepers, good ball physics. But this package was avalaible in FIFA 14 on vanilla. Sliders were used to reach personnal tastes, not to try to have a more sim game or less arcadish game.

Last edited:
AI is the big problem of actual games, not only footy games. They kill CPU intelligence. It's not normal than FIFA 16 on a PS3 has a better AI than EAFC 24 on PS5. Extra power is useless if they didn't redefine how AI should work.

We prey each year to have crosses, long shoot, inertia, footplantong, good gaolkeepers, good ball physics. But this package was avalaible in FIFA 14 on vanilla. Sliders were used to reach personnal tastes, not to try to have a more sim game or less arcadish game.
Just "liking" this post isn't enough - fantastic point and I couldn't agree more with all of it.

All the new stuff sounds genuinely great, and it shows they can see "us" - and by "us" I mean football fans who just want to play a game that represents the sport. No nostalgia involved.

But it's not much help having better tactics if it's still a 1v1-centred game, and the ball is still a magical orb of light that beams from foot to foot, for example. If a football game can't even have a realistic football in it, what chance do "we" have?

Having a "sim" switch is a great thing, but it feels a bit like having a switch in Need for Speed that adds wind resistance or something (much like the wind effect that's been added into the FC25 "sim" switch) - that's great, and I'm pleased, but I'm still going to be gliding around corners at 200mph with my ice-tyres because everything else in the game is obviously not-sim.

I just don't think you can take a game primarily targeting FUT players (which, as a business, they're entirely correct to do) and make it into a sim, without splitting the game in two and letting them evolve in their own different ways.

But that will never happen, and this will likely be the best we can hope for - sadly, I just don't believe it will be enough for me to be able to play the game (and neither sliders nor mods can make FC24 playable for me - because like a "sim" switch, mods can change everything around the core, but not the core).

Thanks Chris.
I'm on Evoweb since two decades soon and we're all fan of football.
We were crazy where FIFA 08 , FIFA 14 and FIFA 16 were retailed.
Since, the desert. Pes 2020-2021 was a good game but in 2024, I want to see a new reference.

Konami was out now, UFL and Goal are focused on online, so our last hope is EA and maybe 2K next year.

EAFC 25 on paper looks nice but we are always disapointed when we are on the pitch : the first slidding move kills all our hope, same thing with rocket passes. When the night arrived, the nightmare is even bigger here :crazy ball speed for everyone.

I heard they have split FUT and offline gameplay. Let's see what is coming, maybe a miracle🤞

Videos like this prove to me that even FUT players don't want the faked physics...

To make the game more or less difficult, they put in place an AI that cheats instead of working on it to make it more efficient. The problem is that it is very visible, he can't even hide it

To make the game more or less difficult, they put in place an AI that cheats instead of working on it to make it more efficient. The problem is that it is very visible, he can't even hide it
In their defence, it's been said that issues like this are an animation issue - but I find it really hard to swallow that when those "animation issues" result in physically-impossible responsiveness and gravity-defying moments like this, where no animation could explain shifting away from the ball but then (as the guy says) defying momentum in an impossible way. There's no "right" animation to make that save - only a goal. It just cheapens every moment.

If even your FUT players notice this and say "this is bad", why keep making gameplay this way? I can only think of one reason and, sadly, it has the smell of "he paid for that guy, he has to make the save".

Again, I'm left thinking - the "sim" switch won't fix this, either, so how can it be considered a "sim" switch at all.

In their defence, it's been said that issues like this are an animation issue - but I find it really hard to swallow that when those "animation issues" result in physically-impossible responsiveness and gravity-defying moments like this, where no animation could explain shifting away from the ball but then (as the guy says) defying momentum in an impossible way. There's no "right" animation to make that save - only a goal. It just cheapens every moment.

If even your FUT players notice this and say "this is bad", why keep making gameplay this way? I can only think of one reason and, sadly, it has the smell of "he paid for that guy, he has to make the save".

Again, I'm left thinking - the "sim" switch won't fix this, either, so how can it be considered a "sim" switch at all.
They may have softened the adaptive difficulty in career compared to weak teams but frankly I don't see them going that far, they would have to work on the difficulty levels by integrating teams deemed weak and other strong ones. For me we will always have this scenario that takes place in each match where in a single half you know if you are going to lose or win and it doesn't matter who you are facing.

Can FUT players use a regular voice instead of just screaming 99% of the time? Jfc man put down the controller and go do your dishes or something if a game makes you feel this way

Can FUT players use a regular voice instead of just screaming 99% of the time? Jfc man put down the controller and go do your dishes or something if a game makes you feel this way
Because the whole content economy for that dirge is based around being loud and histrionic.

1 -Have a thumbnail of you with your mouth gorping open
2- fill the video with as much shrill over the top nonsense as possible.
3- “If you need coins, use my promo code ‘I’m a shameless prick who promotes gambling to children’”

Most of the time these people are complaining that something or other lead them to lose a game. It’s just sometimes said issue aligns with what we’ve been moaning about.

Last edited:
But it's not much help having better tactics if it's still a 1v1-centred game, and the ball is still a magical orb of light that beams from foot to foot, for example. If a football game can't even have a realistic football in it, what chance do "we" have?

As usual, Chris, you hit the nail on the head. The EA 1v1 obsession affects all elements of the game, including tactics and defensive behaviour, not just dribbling.

This is why it's impossible for EA to add a couple of sliders and turn EA FC 25 into anything like a game of football.

As usual, with the EA annual marketing hype, we are being taken for fools.

The thing is, how do they explain away these as animation issues when you pelt the ball right at the keeper and the goalie goes into the fetal position and lets the shot fly in?

Once again, more technology seemingly results in worse off results, I've been smashing FIFA 13 all week and everything in that game looks so divine, not once do I see something that looks odd or unnatural, on a "dated" engine at that too.

The thing is, how do they explain away these as animation issues when you pelt the ball right at the keeper and the goalie goes into the fetal position and lets the shot fly in?
I think the general reasoning is (and I could be wrong but this is what I gather) - imagine the game is like the old Football Managers, where there's a 2D engine but no 3D engine. A player has taken a shot, and the "calculation" works away in the background. Striker attributes vs GK attributes, vs input (and in the old days, but not any more, context - body position, foot position, whether they're under pressure from defenders, morale, all that stuff).

The calculation decides "this should be a goal". On the FM 2D engine, you just see the ball go through the keeper's "dot" and it's fine, because in your head you imagine he just misjudges the flight of the ball or something. In a 3D engine, the keeper has to do something that allows the shot to go in, otherwise he's going to stand there and block it*, so it has to choose the animation.

But Football Manager has an advantage with its current-day 3D engine - everything you're seeing in the match was generated when you pressed "kick off" (or made a tactical change). It doesn't have to be real-time, like a non-management football game has to be, so it can make things more believable more easily (it's not constantly having to work "on the fly", which introduces a lot more complexity).

*You'd think, as a gamer and not a coder, that football games would be a series of events that follow on from each other naturally rather than something "forced" - i.e. if the keeper's stood there, in the path of the ball, why the hell wouldn't he save it? I don't know. Because as you say, play FIFA 13 or whatever, and you don't see those weird moments - but in FC, something weird is happening literally all the time, whether it's goalkeepers collapsing, players skating, the ball floating, soft chips resulting in 80-yard headers...

You could argue that it's much more complex now, but I would argue that - with e.g. tackles "tuned" to allow ghost-ball physics in order for the tackler to come away with the ball and be "rewarded" for their input (which EA freely admit to doing in their patch notes) - it's actually less complex in many ways.

this exact issue is caused by EA adding a "reading time" for goalkeepers which is somewhat determined by attribute, distance and randomness.

if the goalkeeper does not "read" the shot, itll play an animation like you one you mentioned rather than attempt anything to get on to the shot.

they added this because there is a flaw in their general goalkeeping logic where goalkeepers either save it OR dont. its right or wrong, yes or no, 1 or 0, true or false. they attempted to fix this in their recent "goalkeeper rework" but all the other logic still exists so its still very much yes or no.

hope that explains it

Won't be touching this.

My lad asked me to play clubs on EAFC24 at weekend.

I've been playing FIFA 14 and 16.

The games feel a world apart. The movement of players on EAFC24 is appalling, it's like they aren't running, they seem to float around the pitch. There is no 'weight' to anything, shooting even from distance totally lacks any ooomph.

I played 4 games with him, then went back on FIFA 14. 13 mins into my 1st game, the ball breaks to the AI, edge of the box and they absolutely hammered it in. My 'keeper didn't even move. I smiled, safe in the knowledge I was back playing a game when offline was what mattered most.

Back
Top Bottom