EA SPORTS FC 25

yeah, Its sad to see adult man look like that because of video-game
If we got a football game with simulated physics and the depth of Football Manager, I'm pretty sure I'd look like that - and I'm pushing 40...

I've been waiting for 20 years to play something other than PES 5 (and 10 years to play something other than FIFA 16).

It would mean a (fairly emotional) lot to me, and a fair few other people I know.

If we got a football game with simulated physics and the depth of Football Manager, I'm pretty sure I'd look like that - and I'm pushing 40...

I've been waiting for 20 years to play something other than PES 5 (and 10 years to play something other than FIFA 16).

It would mean a (fairly emotional) lot to me, and a fair few other people I know.
Yeah…me too

I’ve always wanted something that’s sort of in-between the two. Especially considering that these days I can’t justify getting into a Football manger save. If I started one tomorrow, I’d immediately wake up and realise about 6 months have passed and it’s Christmas 🤣

FC25_Community-Article_Career-3-16x9.jpg

FC25_Community-Article_Career-1-16x9.jpg

Interesting...

(I find the sliders interesting too - someone at EA is slowing the pace down and increasing error. CAN THEY MAKE THE GAMEPLAY PLEASE?! :D)

Love having "Dynamic" sliders that fluctuate depending on the team - but I do have a slight concern in that it makes it sound like certain things have to be "forced" rather than be a natural element to the team/player attributes.

That says a lot to me about how the gameplay works right now, where it's not so much about a team's ability, but rather the difficulty level. The gameplay has been soooooo streamlined by the "competitive" gamer that so much of what's natural about football has been stripped away, and I don't know if we'll ever get it back.

"First Touch Pass Frequency" for example - if I play Man City, I expect loads of that, whereas if I play Tranmere, none. Do I really have to use a slider to implement that? And will the "Dynamic" adjustment make it fly from 100 to 0 or 50 to 60? Time will tell.

Most of these features will probably be patched out in the 2nd or 3rd title update

Can't wait to be able to run in a straight line through the defence and score the same identical goal every game regardless of difficulty, Player stats or sliders

Or the AI having the same attacking pattern regardless of their tactics (run to the goal line then dribble in the box instead of crossing)

EA will continue to lie don't get too excited :LMAO:

Don’t do this to me - I’m getting excited
Wait until a gameplay video comes along. Their own gameplay reveal videos have been really telling in the past. I would bet it will be the same again - the old PES saying of "you need to feel it in your hands before you can judge it*" doesn't apply here, IMO, because if the tactical changes result in an AI that actually does things real players would be doing ... we'll be able to see it.
*NO VULGAR JOKES PLEASE.

Dynamic AI "behavior" during a match means dynamic difficulty level set by the game during the match and nothing more. If you will play bad, game will set lower diffictuly, and if you'll play better, game difficulty will be legendary for example.

I'm very surprised EA appear to be listening to us niche players who crave simulation and realism, I thought the day would never come. I was expecting them to release a reskinned FC24, leave the usual broken sliders in and call it a day while they pander to the online speed freaks and tiktok dependants.

It seems too good to be true...

One thing I'm not understanding.. it's the simulation mode an actual separated mode plus the sliders, or just the sliders alone? Cause if it's the latter, it's hard to even give it a thought, at least personally. Sliders were sooo bad in the last years, with things like first touch error not even remotely affecting the game like they should, that if the base is the same of the 21 onwards game I hardly see them fixing it all. The game needs to hit at least a number or things on default or sliders can't save it (for me)

I'm very surprised EA appear to be listening to us niche players who crave simulation and realism, I thought the day would never come. I was expecting them to release a reskinned FC24, leave the usual broken sliders in and call it a day while they pander to the online speed freaks and tiktok dependants.

Maybe they have some analytical data confirming that most offline players won't suddenly start playing with cards in UT, because offline modes are neglected. And maybe they noticed the outflow of these offline players due to the quality of the offline gameplay, and it's always an additional income, so why not?

...in opposition to KONAMI

well, gameplay deepdive is this month ... maybe next week, so we will soon see more.

For me its disapointing small number of features and changes, but there is still small hope of reason for that being better gameplay overall.

Guys, simulation mode is going to be a gimmick.

It’ll be a couple of extra sliders that barely change anything.

This is EA, remember. It’s just some thing for them to talk about at the launch.

They decided long ago how their target market wants the game to play.

They aren’t going to make more of a football game for us. It might dilute the market for Ultimate Team.

Seriously, don’t get your hopes up.

Last edited:
It’s so funny / sad that we’ve reached a time where EA Sports Canada have acknowledged the offline demand that Konami thought would never materialise, and threw it all away for a 2 year ultimate team ripoff gimmick

Last edited:

What niche? There are millions of people playing career mode each year.

EA didn't work like that since many years. They maybe fear 2K answer next year.
Simulation mode preset sliders, new strategy settings, two graphics modes, dynamic meteo, 9 players on the benchđź‘€, full cinematics back, press conference rebuilding, young talent management.

I hope everything works ok with no major bugs🥶

What always concerns me and has made me very skeptical. EA almost always say the right thing but the gameplay itself never reflects the options they provide us. So this IQ thing will be very shallow. Luckily and hopefully these new sliders will be actually usable?

The rest of the features I have no interest in :/

@broxopios I liked that too. "Everything in its Right Place" is a great choice for a trailer. Very atmospheric.
All in all, I'd love for rock to make a comeback in FC25, but somehow I doubt that'll happen. (even if Radiohead at this point was more electronic-influenced, but still had the spirit of rock).

I also like the choice of Jude Bellingham as cover player and trailer protagonist. He's one of my favorite modern players. Somehow, his serious, old-school demeanor suits the entire thing well.

On to the game itself, I'm in between hopeful and skeptical. Hopefully the gameplay trailer will give us a better idea of what's to come.

Now that match intros seem to be sorted for this edition, my other wish (and many others' I might add) is for 1v1 defending to be removed (not sure if they announced this yet).

In anycase, for the PC version, I can't wait to see what @Anth James does with this. I think his gameplay mods alone give the purchase much more sense. He's done an amazing job.

The vanilla game has really taken a downturn in the past few years, IMO, but this seems to be the only confirmed option for Career Mode/Master League looking into the future.

So let's see.

Last edited:
Yeah, looking at just how much work @Anth James has had to do to make FC 24 playable (see the latest video of his work here, and how drastically different it is from the vanilla version)... It's a reminder that FC 25 is just as likely to have that frankly, in my opinion, worst-ever vanilla gameplay.

We don't have all of the levers he has, even with the new sliders - we can't simply disable the "reward mechanic" physics, nor edit the ball/player weight, friction, gravity... and having 100+ sliders would obviously be incredibly offputting.

But without Anth's work, FC 24 cannot be shaped into a fun product for me, so it remains to be seen in FC 25 can be (especially if FC IQ doesn't heavily - and I mean heavily - impact the currently brain-dead "floats into position, stops dead, floats off again" AI).

Back
Top Bottom