EA SPORTS FC 25

Yep, look a few posts up at my Eurogamer post.
Thank you!

I loved these two things, as potentially means less foot sliding?

EA has made a broad range of changes to elements of the game across the many modes. On the visual front, alongside the fancy new Cranium stuff, HyperMotion V, the trademarked proper noun brought in last year, now has full "lower body mimic" for players - in other words, their legs look more realistic now too.

There are more mechanical tweaks: dribbling has been tidied up to result in a much cleaner 180-degree turn, and "blind" 180-degree passes, as in passes to people directly behind you on the pitch, are now far less accurate. There are also five new skill moves: the toe drag stepover, big feignts, the step over the ball, the heel nutmeg, and the drag turn.

Anything that shows they want to copy Football Manager is a big win in my book.

Compare Eurogamer's FC 24 preview to the FC 25 one. The former's big gameplay changes are "precision passes" and "Playstyles", and they don't give them much fanfare. This preview seems far more gameplay-heavy. That's really interesting to me.

Another good preview:

VG247 - EA FC 25 hands-on preview

Forget the trailer, the press stuff has actual information in it.

Eurogamer - FC 25, a proper career mode update, a Football Manager-style tactics system, FUT tweaks, and more
Inside EA's "most significant change to tactics in over a decade"
OK so some of those points regarding gameplay fill me with hope, the biggest ick of the last couple of games has definitely been the animation skipping so it sounds like they've addressed this with the lower body animations. Hopefully this doesn't mean no more of the hydrolic looking legs and clipping but also a return to traditional footplanting? That's also referenced in the dribbling they say to make 180 degree turning feel less like Jim Carey in The Mask and something more inertia based.

Regarding the big emphasis on tactics, we all know 1v1 has utterly destroyed any element of tactics or team play as everyone else on your team is immoblised and can't cover nor drop back as long as 1 defender is being controlled. So... again, this surely must've been addressed otherwise the tactical overhaul just doesn't work.

OK so some of those points regarding gameplay fill me with hope, the biggest ick of the last couple of games has definitely been the animation skipping so it sounds like they've addressed this with the lower body animations. Hopefully this doesn't mean no more of the hydrolic looking legs and clipping but also a return to traditional footplanting? That's also referenced in the dribbling they say to make 180 degree turning feel less like Jim Carey in The Mask and something more inertia based.

Regarding the big emphasis on tactics, we all know 1v1 has utterly destroyed any element of tactics or team play as everyone else on your team is immoblised and can't cover nor drop back as long as 1 defender is being controlled. So... again, this surely must've been addressed otherwise the tactical overhaul just doesn't work.
I don't think they will implement footplanting in this Frostbite engine.

Check the run made by Valverde at 0:22 in the trailer when the camera switches (Better to slow the playback time). Seems like he is still getting some extra push on running and feels somewhat unnatural to me.

I don't think they will implement footplanting in this Frostbite engine.
Fair, but we can hope.
Check the run made by Valverde at 0:22 in the trailer when the camera switches (Better to slow the playback time). Seems like he is still getting some extra push on running and feels somewhat unnatural to me.
What I will counter with is, this isn't a real time gameplay trailer, it's pre rendered CGI so it's not the best source to judge from.

Fair, but we can hope.

What I will counter with is, this isn't a real time gameplay trailer, it's pre rendered CGI so it's not the best source to judge from.
yeah fair enough. But tbh that specific section that I pointed out feels like gameplay and not pre-rendered (apart from closeup) since in all of the trailer, I can see foot planting but not only in that specific part :P But anyway, let's hope for the best.

Really hope there is defensive individuality. No matter if you play against Arsenal or Norwich, defenders behave the same way. That and hopefully CPU crosses more.

Oooooooooh, you can tweak the tactics assigned to a player by 99 points. Wow.

But can you make him look like he's controlling a ball on an actual football pitch? No, thought not.

And this is the fundamental problem with EA, the magazines let them get away with this "smoke and mirrors" stuff every year.

So next trailers should be those deep-dive

We will see more info there, maybe first one next week or so ?

Thank you!

In other news... The irony of this.

Eurogamer - EA's Sports FC team isn't worried about that rumoured FIFA revival

Sam Rivera: If you compare [FC] 24 and [FIFA] 14 - 10 years difference - there's a lot of improvements, a lot of things that you can right away see. The amount of bugs, amount of problems [it had], the game [now] is just a lot more polished. And that takes 10 years to get there.

Things you can "right away see"? Look at any video of FC 24 and you can't fail to notice the "bugs" and "problems", such as skating, sliding and physics that defy gravity. Even their own gameplay trailers were full of examples (FIFA 23 in this case).

FIFA 14, meanwhile, is of the most popular games in the franchise, and an epically better representation of football (and physics - far less variables maybe, but far more realism IMO).

For as long as Sam's in charge, I'm not sure FC will ever truly be for me.

Where has this been reported? Big if true.
I don't know about the extra sliders but one of the biggest German career mode YouTubers introduced the new career mode features. For example there are now youth tournaments every two months were you can play with your youth players. But it's only in the new 5vs5 rush format. There were some other interesting points, including the different gameplay modes.

The best feature for me is, that you can finally start your career in the middle of the season and you'll have the correct table etc.

Last edited:
One thing people aren't talking about is generic stadiums, when will we have small but not elegant stadiums, I want to play in a stadium that looks from the chile 3rd division ffs

Looks like the most promising FIFA in a while

Simulation mode (with new CPU sliders such as tackle aggression, buildup speed and shot frequency)

Tactical fouls, hopefully the CPU utilise this as well

Complete tactical overhaul
Until they’ve shown actual gameplay footage I would be careful to call it ”the most promising FIFA in a while”.

I just hope simulation mode doesnt end up like slow gamespeed.

Just there as option, but whey you try to use it and play, it broke already broken game even more.

I just hope simulation mode doesnt end up like slow gamespeed.

Just there as option, but whey you try to use it and play, it broke already broken game even more.
Well I'm also hoping that it doesn't just mean things like the rain and wind physics either and that it actually affects the way teams and players behave and play as a whole.

Well I'm also hoping that it doesn't just mean things like the rain and wind physics either and that it actually affects the way teams and players behave and play as a whole.
Yeah, you right

They said those weather effect wont be used online ... so maybe simulation is option to turn them off even in career mode.

Back
Top Bottom