EA SPORTS FC 25

To be fair, the IQ thing reminds me of the tactical ai or whatever it was called when they hyped it for fifa 22 (pretty sure most people even forgot about it). Sounds like those kind of smoky things they announce you never even realize they exist on the field.

Or perhaps I'm just too skeptical at this point.

@broxopios I liked that too. "Everything in its Right Place" is a great choice for a trailer. Very atmospheric.
All in all, I'd love for rock to make a comeback in FC25, but somehow I doubt that'll happen. (even if Radiohead at this point was more electronic-influenced, but still had the spirit of rock).
Yeah hoping there's a deeper meaning with that song name and their choice. It's unlikely there'll be a return to more variety music of old FIFA's, contemporary music is that 808 style trap and drill pop rap now, maybe I'm getting older but I don't understand it's popularity 😅
I also like the choice of Jude Bellingham as cover player and trailer protagonist. He's one of my favorite modern players. Somehow, his serious, old-school demeanor suits the entire thing well.
I remember watching an interview with one of the commercial/marketing managers a couple of years back and they say they usually aim for the next up and coming talent to be the cover star and that some were misses and others were justified. If only they could've known Marco Reus would be blighted with injury and form after he fronted FIFA 17, They had to scramble to change Ronaldo's kit to Juventus colours when he transferred in FIFA 18 and then scrambled again to scrub him from one for the covers due to his allegations with a woman.
On to the game itself, I'm in between hopeful and skeptical. Hopefully the gameplay trailer will give us a better idea of what's to come.

Now that match intros seem to be sorted for this edition, my other wish (and many others' I might add) is for 1v1 defending to be removed (not sure if they announced this yet).
Where has it been confirmed match intros are returning? It's still a travesty they removed them this year, I doubt anyone was calling for them to be removed so it's one of those inexplicably dumb decisions they force you to sit through like the hypermotion replays and first person referee cutscenes.
In anycase, for the PC version, I can't wait to see what @Anth James does with this. I think his gameplay mods alone give the purchase much more sense. He's done an amazing job.
I wouldn't have brought it on PC if it wasn't for the mods salvaging this game.

Where has it been confirmed match intros are returning? It's still a travesty they removed them this year, I doubt anyone was calling for them to be removed so it's one of those inexplicably dumb decisions they force you to sit through like the hypermotion replays and first person referee cutscenes.

In the recent youtube video I quoted, and there's a choice on/dynamic/off (if I heard properly) so on = always shows the intro. Off, well duh ;) Dynamic only for important matches/derbies etc. etc. I guess :)

It's also said in the pitch notes:

Match Intros

Based on player feedback, we are bringing back full authentic pre-match intros to FC 25, including cinematic sizzles, player walk-ins, and line-ups.

You’re in full control of your pre-match build up, with an option to opt-in for a full intro, or an option to skip straight to kickoff if you’re ready to jump into the action.

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-...&utm_medium=social&cid=80807&ts=1721316104918

In the recent youtube video I quoted, and there's a choice on/dynamic/off (if I heard properly) so on = always shows the intro. Off, well duh ;) Dynamic only for important matches/derbies etc. etc. I guess :)

Imagine, if they could've just bloody done this in the first place in 24.

"Choice"... What a novel concept 🙄

FC25_Community-Article_Career-3-16x9.jpg

FC25_Community-Article_Career-1-16x9.jpg

Interesting...

(I find the sliders interesting too - someone at EA is slowing the pace down and increasing error. CAN THEY MAKE THE GAMEPLAY PLEASE?! :D)

Love having "Dynamic" sliders that fluctuate depending on the team - but I do have a slight concern in that it makes it sound like certain things have to be "forced" rather than be a natural element to the team/player attributes.

That says a lot to me about how the gameplay works right now, where it's not so much about a team's ability, but rather the difficulty level. The gameplay has been soooooo streamlined by the "competitive" gamer that so much of what's natural about football has been stripped away, and I don't know if we'll ever get it back.

"First Touch Pass Frequency" for example - if I play Man City, I expect loads of that, whereas if I play Tranmere, none. Do I really have to use a slider to implement that? And will the "Dynamic" adjustment make it fly from 100 to 0 or 50 to 60? Time will tell.
shoot frequency and crosses frequency seems to be a big thing, i hope this will stay in the options

It all sounds promising but as has been said, let’s wait for the gameplay.

We can trawl through all the YouTube videos with gorping faces on we want but until we see the gameplay it’s all redundant.

So many of these career mode improvements in the past have basically been just an acute way of making player progression in career mode mirror that of FUT…..ie give your players stupid ‘boosts’ that make it piss easy to just moonwalk your way past 10 players

Last edited:
Personally, I wanted gameplay dedicated to career mode, not additional sliders that would be useless like the old ones. I have no trust in EA, they are the kings of disguised ads. I have often read their pitch notes and nothing is achieved with the game in hand and not even the bug fixes... These people are professional liars

Why do all videos online have to have a guy looking like they farted and followed through?
I refuse to give such a moron my valuable click if I see this stupid face in the thumbnail, I also doubt they'd know anymore than anyone who read the press release so the fact that he's stretching at "content" tells me all I need to know about my old man yelling at cloud mentality.

Without even watching it I can tell you he's probably just sat in his bedroom at his parents house while being over 30 years old, with a screenshot from an article and jumping between mumbling incoherently and shouting really fast "WAZZUP GUYS OMGH THE FC24 BUT JDBVKJS SMASH THAT LIEK BUTTON"

Then waffles on for 10 minutes to strecth that valuable watch time out.

I did watch his video.

Half of the “gameplay” section he talked about how he was so excited, when he played an early build, to see a new animation - a player sliding into a goalpost and grabbing his genitals in pain.

I kid you not. This is what’s called gameplay analysis these days.

I did watch his video.

Half of the “gameplay” section he talked about how he was so excited, when he played an early build, to see a new animation - a player sliding into a goalpost and grabbing his genitals in pain.

I kid you not. This is what’s called gameplay analysis these days.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty amazing if they actually put that in the game :D

Really hoping this is decent as it has to be time for a good football game, PES being dead and EAFC 24 being... no good.

Career Mode stuff sounds good, on paper.

I am somewhat of an ignoranance is bliss player when it comes to EAFC24 and have rather enjoyed Career Mode this year. All thanks to @Matt10 's sliders for a lovely wee challenge on Legendary.

I refuse to give such a moron my valuable click if I see this stupid face in the thumbnail, I also doubt they'd know anymore than anyone who read the press release so the fact that he's stretching at "content" tells me all I need to know about my old man yelling at cloud mentality.

Without even watching it I can tell you he's probably just sat in his bedroom at his parents house while being over 30 years old, with a screenshot from an article and jumping between mumbling incoherently and shouting really fast "WAZZUP GUYS OMGH THE FC24 BUT JDBVKJS SMASH THAT LIEK BUTTON"

Then waffles on for 10 minutes to strecth that valuable watch time out.
940ee2f0-4346-11ef-9e1c-3b4a473456a6.png

This year, the game sounds promising. I hope I could access to the beta fourth years in a row💪 to star working on the new sliders and understand how FC IQ is working.

I think the vanilla game will be trash as usual but I wonder how will be the simulation mode.
I mean in terms of footplanting, inertia, ball physics with natural elements like snow, rain and wind.

Adaptative AI should be interesting too.

I participated in the presentation of FC25, and I liked what I saw. The version that the press tested was from May, so we will probably see something better only in the beta. The tactics have changed a lot, and I don’t just mean the mechanics, but also the menus.

A lot of feedback that I sent them came this year, I was surprised. But I feel like the approach of 2K caused that.

Some notes!

EA presents FCIQ - More depth and customization in its tactics!

Player Roles: Guide how players behave off the ball.

Focus: Expands on roles.

Role Familiarity: Ability of each player in the Role.

Informing Roles!

➡️ AI: We created a proprieraty AI Model/Understanding of our Roles and what types of play/skills are needed to perform them.

➡️ Real: Uses real-data from Opta from last few seasons/Analyses all the games, stats, plays and appearances.

➡️ Roles: Determines what Player Role each player is familiar with/Goes beyond a position, can show the totality of a player.

All Roles!

Goalkeeper: Goalkeeper/Sweeper Keeper.

Position - GK.

Fullback: Fullback/Falseback/Wingback/Attacking Wingback .

Position- RB/LB.

Centre-back: Defender/ Stopper/ Ball-Playing Defender.

Position - CB.

Defensive Midfielder: Holding/Centre Half/ Deep-Lying Playmaker.

Position - CDM.

Wide Midfielder: Winger/ Wide Midfielder/ Wide Playmaker/ Inside Forward.

Position - RM/LM.

Attacking Midfielder: PlayMaker/Shadow Striker/Half-Winger.

Position - CAM

Winger: Winger/Inside Forward/Wide Playmaker.

Position - RW/LW.

Striker: Advanced Forward/ Poacher/ False 9/ Target Forward.

Position - ST.

Centre-Midfielder: Box-to-Box/ Holding/ Deep-Lying Playmaker/Playmaker/Half-Winger.

Position - CM.

In addition to the roles, there is the focus of each role.

Focus: Expands on roles.

Focuses per role: 1 - 3.

Total 52 combinations.

Some examples: Defend, Attack, Complete, Balanced, Wide and Roaming.

Role Familiarity ➡️ Four levels.

Role (Base): The player can play in the Role.

Role+: Accomplished in the role/Every player has a Role+.

Role++: World Class in the Role/Few players have Role++.

Out of position: Simplified version of the Role.

Example!

Familiarity Vinicius Jr.

Standard Role: Winger - LW.
Role +: Poacher - ST.
Role ++: Inside Forward - LW.
Out Position: Holding - CDM.

Team Tactics!

Settings:

➡️ Formation.

➡️ Defensive Approach.

➡️ Build-Up Style.

Summary:

➡️ Dynamic feedback of tactic.

➡️ Analyses team and player roles.

➡️ Areas: Attack, Defense, Width, Endurance, Length and Build-Up.

Activity Map:

➡️ Highlight where players will move and play in the match.

➡️ Unique map per Position + Role + Focus.

Presets:

➡️ Set up your team quickly.

➡️ Tactics inspired by real-life clubs, signature styles, and managers.

➡️ Set team tactics and Player Roles

Views:

➡️ Check how your tactic function Without Ball and With Ball.

Custom Tactics!

➡️ Up to five fully custom tactics that are independent of each other.

➡️ They share the same lineup.

➡️ Edit, activate, renome, duplicate, and delete.

Custom Tactics Code!

➡️ Generated by each tactic.

➡️ Share with friends or followers.

➡️ Universal: work between any mode, any console, and any gen.

Team Management!

New view:

➡️ View more info on each player.

➡️ Comparison is on-demand - it happens when you select two players.

Tabs:

➡️ More detailed tabs for stats and Playstyles.

➡️ New familiar Player Roles tab.

Bench:

➡️ Bench size increase: 9 players.

➡️ Gen 5 only (Kick off, Career Mode, Seasons and Tournaments)

➡️ In game: Subs Remaining/Sub Windows Remaining.

New Corner Kick Support:

➡️ Target Player (Attack)

➡️ Near Post Player

➡️ Back Post Player

Smart Tactics!

➡️ My Tactics.

➡️ Tactical Focus.

➡️ Quick Tactics.

➡️ Tactical Suggestions.

➡️ Tactical Prompts.

➡️ ChalkBoard

➡️ AR

➡️ Commentary.

➡️ Any Time.

➡️ Substitutions.

Gameplay & MatchDay Experience!

Hypermotion:

➡️ Volumetric Driven: New animations.

➡️ Player Personality: Add player personality through authentic Skill move, set piece and player celebration.

➡️ Hypermotion Fuels IQ: Foundation that fuels FC IQ.

➡️ Full Body Mimic: Top movement and bottom movement for 1,800 players, including 200 for women.

Goalkeeper Playstyles!

➡️ FootWork.

➡️ Rush Out.

➡️ Deflector.

➡️ Cross Claimer.

➡️ Far Throw.

➡️ Far Reach.

Professional Foul!

➡️ Ability for a player to purposely foul their opponent to neutralize an attack.

➡️ Will be able to trigger this using the right bumper and X on Playstation and A on Xbox.

➡️ Will be given a yellow card, and if persistent enough, will get a red card.

Refine left stick dribbling!

➡️ Refine the movements and get a more responsive, better visual quality looking dribble.

➡️ A ton of animation database cleanup which has allowed us to not only retain the responsiveness but deliver great visuals.

Passing Accuracy Revamp!

➡️ In FC25, there's a bit of error introduced again to reflect a more authentic result based on the context.

Five new skill moves!

➡️ Toe Drag Stepover.

➡️ Big Fent.

➡️ Step Over Ball.

➡️ Heel Nutmeg.

➡️ Drag Turn.

Collisions with the goal post!

➡️ Addition of animations of the player hitting the head on the post, the leg on the post or the hand on the post.

Simulation Mode!

➡️ New way to experience gameplay in FC25.

➡️ Slower and more like the pace of real life.

➡️ New weather effects: Wind speed, wind direction, and players slipping in snowy and rainy conditions.

➡️ AI Opponents Feel Dynamic: AI Teams utilize unique tactics.

Living Stadium!

➡️ Authentic Mascots: Reacting to the play on the pitch.

➡️ Active Sideline Moments: Managers, Officials, & substitutes now react to pivotal moments during the match.

➡️ Authentic Crowd Reactions: Crowds better anticipate the play.

➡️ Dynamic Stadium Elements: Photographers, camera men, & crane cameras follow the action, while security, crowds, & officials move aroud the stadium.

Graphics Mode!

➡️ Enhanced Visuals: Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion, Cloth sim on shirt and shorts during GP, Self Shadowing, all times of day, Rim Lighting, 3d pitch divots and puddles and Local Exposure.

➡️ Favour Resolution: Cloth sim on shorts during GP, Self shadowing in daytime and default exposure.

Dynamic Time of Day Progression!

➡️ From the firts half we'll have sunset and then you'll see in the second half it's night time.

➡️ Having that transiction making the environment feel like it's progressing and it's alive.

HyperMotion POV!

➡️ POV Camera: New perspectives in first person from some of the players, such as goals, corners, or substitutions.

Authentic Match Intros!

➡️ We've listened to community feedback and we've brought back full authentic match intros.

➡️ Our players now have the option to opt in & watch a full authentic match intro following the sizzle reel introduced in FC24.

➡️ Lastly our players also have the ability in our options menu to toggle on/off the full match intro.

EA Sports Cranium!

➡️ We're looking to leverage the power of machine learning to generate some likenesses.

➡️ Using the power of EA Sports Cranium, we use machine learning to input the photo and have the machine-learned likeness.

Thanks to @Datiss77

Last edited:
That list is all well and good, but will the game still be based on 1v1 - which renders it all completely powerless to make a Career Mode game viable, in my eyes.

Because: will the AI be allowed to represent the players they're supposed to be - or, will they skate into position and simply do nothing, like everyone (and the ball) is invisible, which is what they do now. Because "competitive" play demands no "assistance" or "handicap".

(Yet 90% pass accuracy with all teams, fully assisted controls and magic physics that force tackles to win possession when the ball should run free - all that's fine. But footballers doing what footballers do? "Script.")

What's the point in a Career Mode game, which is all about training/transfers/growth, if all your players are useless unless you're controlling them?

Football is a team game, FC24 factually isn't - it's a 1v1-me-bro competitive / eSports gaming product.

I was quite excited by the announcements, but 10 minutes of FC24 (with or without sliders) is a stark reminder that it's so far away from football, some new tactical instructions aren't likely to transform it into a football game.

Especially since, as others have said, FC IQ may well be patched into insignificance on day one when the majority of players have moaned that they're too complex.

---

Speaking of FC IQ - something I find really intriguing is this QR code tactic-sharing method.

Either they're really confident that there won't be any "exploit tactics", or... We're about to see 90% of players using the same exploit tactic, every game, no matter the team / players (I don't for a second believe the game is deep enough for this not to happen, when a player's pace has been the single most important attribute for years, and none of the others make a significant impact IMO).

Back
Top Bottom