Brasileirão 2014 - sauce won again! Bastard! - Congrats Cruzeiro!

Re: Brasileirão 2010

Anyone here know whats wrong with Corinthians lately?? They're really on a slump lately and fell from 1st to 3rd!! All the news i can read about it are in portugese and google translate doesn't really help...haha, so any news or ideas from your part will be great!! thx!

and ilfenomeno, I totally agree. I don't usually watch Brasilian soccer until Ronaldo went back, and now I try to catch every game possible because of it, its really beautiful to watch!!

Anyone here know whats wrong with Corinthians lately?? They're really on a slump lately and fell from 1st to 3rd!! All the news i can read about it are in portugese and google translate doesn't really help...haha, so any news or ideas from your part will be great!! thx
The Timão suffered with a long list of injuries; Chicão, Ralf, Dentinho and Jorge Henrique all out for some time; then there's Ronaldo who spends his whole day on twitter. Coach Adilson was too attack minded and was unable to adjust the team without those players, resulting in 6 matches without winning and at last Adilson was fired.

The only hope by now is to maintain 3rd place which qualifies for Copa Libertadores 2011.

Walter Montillo has been absolutly brilliant for Cruzeiro so far.. Him and Conca are problaby already the best players in the league, talk about a slap in the face, 2 argentinian "number 10" ruling in Brazil!

:LOL: :LMAO:

THAT is brilliant!! :APPLAUD: :WORSHIP: :P

It's true! Ronaldo spends all time on twitter, cachaça and travesties. That's why he's fat like Shrek.

If people ask me what is Corinthians problem I will answer clearly Mano Menezes. Every team in the world have problems with injuries. Adilson simply screw things up. I'm still hoping on the title.

By the way, Cruzeiro is doing great as I see. Fantastic. How does Farias doing?

Its so sad...i was so hoping for Corinthians to win this year and Ronaldo to retire as a champion (I don't think he has won the Brasil Serie A title yet), and on Corinthians' Centenary year too...oh wellz, guess when their coach went to lead the national team, that all fell apart...

They are quite injury-prone...and if only Ronaldo could just get back to play!!!

Coach Adilson was too attack minded
I knew he would mess it up someway, I like him and respect his work a lot, but he has trouble balancing teams and/or egos.
But to be honest Corinthians downfall is not only his fault, actually would be like 20% or something.
Its all about having good players for all positions with backup ones.
And I don't think Corinthians is as good as us in that department, yea I said it, Cruzeiro has many players out too, and some very very important ones like Gilberto and Leonardo Silva. In our winning sequence we had loads of suspensions, injuries like everyone elese.

But the Ship still open, well very open. Another great season for our underrated league.

Which reminded me of @ilfenomeno post, well I dont fully agree with you, cause a lot of succesful teams are playing dull and pure fighting spirit football, some even play bus parking football, but we still have that slow pace that allows our most valued attributes to still have its presence, its passing and technique.
But those last few months were kinda of crazy with 2 games per week, teams were tired without loads of players and desperate for results, they usually wake up by that time, just look at Gremio for example. The players and coach complains but I love those months.

By the way, Cruzeiro is doing great as I see. Fantastic. How does Farias doing?

I like him a lot so far he scored a few goals already.

Argentines and brazilian league do well as usual, we love their spirit.

I was wrong on Prediguer tho, thought he was gonna be a starter easily, being our physically strong midfielder finally! :( But it didn't happened, he haven't played a single game nor stayed in the bench.

I have noticed that in Brazil a lot of players run and then stop when they shoot a penalty in order to distract the goal keeper, Ronaldo does it, Neymar does it and I thought it wasn't allowed, at least not in Europe. Are there some differences in rules on how to shoot a penalty?

EDIT:

Ok, I figured it out, it's called 'paradinha'.

Last edited:

Oh dare! Now we depend on Palmeiras to win the title.

facepalm-lula.jpg

Well we were suppose to win this :BORED:

We won't because of the Apito Amigo Corintiano.

But to be serious and honest, I knew we could not depend on that game, and we made some terrible mistakes over the season.

Well we were suppose to win this :BORED:

We won't because of the Apito Amigo Corintiano.

But to be serious and honest, I knew we could not depend on that game, and we made some terrible mistakes over the season.

:LOL: We can also blame Carlos Eugênio Simon but we won't as realising Corinthians were too inconsistent all during the league. In my opinion, Corinthians and Cruzeiro have the best teams this season so far. Take a look at both squads, the deep of solutions they have is a rarity in this league but once again as we can see, you must have a good coach if you want to win the title. That is what Fluminense has right now in Muricy Ramalho.

I'm still hoping in the title. Felipão is a professional and I believe he won't gave the points to Flu.

the ref was harsh to give a red to Richarlyson for dissent, even for the first red card in the SP-Flu match. thrown game?
hopefully Ronaldo will be back for the next two fixtures. I know he's a shadow of his former self, but still he's like a talisman.

Heart says Corinthians, head says Fluminense.

I feel it's almost impossible for Corinthians to win the title (I hope to be wrong) because Fluminense will facing a very weak team in "their" stadium (not properly their own stadium but it's at Rio). Although, I'm still confident and believing in the miracle.

Honestly, and sorry to bother Fluzão fans around here, I don't like their team, I would prefer to see Cruzeiro to snap the title, in case of Timão can't do it.

I am so pissed that Corinthians wasn't able to beat Goais...yea, it was at their stadium, but they really could've done better.

I am also pissed that I wasn't able to watch Corinthians here, so I could only watch the Fluminese game and Guarani wasn't able to put up any contest at all!! They had a few nice counter chances with numbers, but their AMF would just decide to take a very weak shot at net instead every time!!!

Very sad that Corinthians didn't win, but seeing how it was down to the final minutes of the season to decide the winner shows how close/competitive the teams are and got me hooked to watching Brasil football again next season...

:RANT:

Now gonna play pre-Libertadores. It's absurd how a contender were not able to beat a reserve team. Congrats to Flu, by the way. Also kudos to Cruzeiro, once again I say, they have the better and deeper squad in the league.

Agree on the close/competitive thing about Brasileirão. In the very first post of this thread I quoted Rogério Ceni saying Brasileirão is the most competitive and wide-open league in the World. Yeah it's true, shame some teams decide to entregar (deliver) the points in order to hurt rivals...

PS: Elias you're idiot! What the hell were you thinking when you decided to land at Madrid, in a mid-table team instead of a Portuguese giant who normally plays the Champions League?! Damn, you're the perfect replacement for Ramires (oh I miss you queniano). I like the Jucilei idea but he isn't quite the same.

PS2: Bloody Portuguese TV and bloody Satellite TV. This season I watched zero, cero, null, niente Brasileirão games!!! Thanks god there are highlights around the internet.

FINALLY :)
I'm over the moon with this. After years only coming close, we finally won it again and this time around it was more than deserved!

Many people favoured Corinthians throughout the league, many say Cruzeiro play the finest football and, sure, Grêmio were hands down the best team in the whole second leg of the league. But Fluzão were top of the league for 23 rounds! Hence, the best team in Brazil this year.

Muricy is truly a genius of a manager. And Dario Conca... what can I say? The Argentine is once again the best player in the land! We need an Argentine over here to teach us how to be a proper creative midfielder (enganche, as the Argentines say). This is so true, that other 2 fantastic players in the position were D'Alessandro and Montillo, both Argentines.

But our little magician Dario was hands down the best, just look at his numbers: played all 38 rounds (no suspensions, no injuries!) and has over 20 assists and almost 10 goals.

In the end, justice is made to Conca and Flu :)

I must say, you lot deserved a title, not specifically this one but, from what you suffered in the last years (Libertadores defeat and brave fight against relegation) Fluminense is a proudly and truly champions.

Muricy is top class, a master. He won 4 Brazilian titles, I would say he is even better than Flu which has 2 titles. :LOL:

By the way, I've seen in many sites people saying they have 3 titles (thats why they have 3 stars) but officially I just found the 84' and 10'. So, where's the third one?

Hope Ronaldo will be healthy next year to play in Serie A and Libetadories (Corinthians don't have to qualify because they're third right?)

But to see a team that was fighting relegation last season to leading the charts for most of this season and winning the championship is an awesome dream for its fans.

Unfortunately they have to qualify. Fluminense, Cruzeiro, Inter (Libertadores champions) are in. Corinthians needs to qualify. The most interesting thing is that Goiás, who have been relegated to Serie B could go to Libertadores if they win Copa Sul-Americana (1st leg: Goiás 2-0 Independiente), otherwise it's Grêmio's spot.

By the way, I've seen in many sites people saying they have 3 titles (thats why they have 3 stars) but officially I just found the 84' and 10'. So, where's the third one?

It's because in 1970 Fluminense won the Brazilian League, but it wasn't organized by CBF, who only started doing so from 71 onwards. So the history books don't recognise the '70 title for Fluminense, which is ridiculous when you think about it. It's as if football didn't exist in Brazil before '71 :LOL:

In my books, Fluminense has 3 titles and, of course, Santos has a shitload of titles in the Pelé era in the 60's.

Brazilian clubs don't need that corrupt CBF to organize championships, as many times they did it themselves. It happened in '87 (Copa União) and 2000 (Copa João Havelange). Funnily enough, the history books acknowledge the 2000 title won by Vasco, but not 70 by Fluminense, neither 87 by Flamengo (they say Sport Recife won, because Brazilian football was split that year, whereas the big clubs - Clube dos 13 - organised it themselves and the other tournament was organized by CBF, but only smaller teams competed).

Football exists in Brazil for over 100 years, it is preposterous not to acknowledge anything before 71. All National titles that could be considered equivalents should be recognised.
Also, our clubs should break away from CBF, forming a new, more lucrative League, much like how it happened with English Clubs creating the Premier League.

Hope that clears it up a bit :)

Last edited:
Re: Brasileirão 2010 | Flu é Campeão!

Yeah, I knew all the history behind the '87 league but didn't know anything about the '70 one. It's stupid, I mean, there was no football in Brazil until '71, on that view.

I must say I plenty agree with you when you say clubs should organize their own competition. The Clube dos 13 thing was a great idea. In fact, Clube dos 13 has more than 13 clubs nowadays which shows how important this organization is and how even important could be in the future. Brazilian football has a great potential, both economical and talented, that I believe your league could exploit into a new dimension in a near future, if things are done properly.

Thanks for the info parceiro. :)

Re: Brasileirão 2010 | Flu é Campeão!

Yeah, I knew all the history behind the '87 league but didn't know anything about the '70 one. It's stupid, I mean, there was no football in Brazil until '71, on that view.

I must say I plenty agree with you when you say clubs should organize their own competition. The Clube dos 13 thing was a great idea. In fact, Clube dos 13 has more than 13 clubs nowadays which shows how important this organization is and how even important could be in the future. Brazilian football has a great potential, both economical and talented, that I believe your league could exploit into a new dimension in a near future, if things are done properly.

Thanks for the info parceiro. :)

You're welcome mate :) Yeap, Brazilian football has been improving a lot, as more important players come back to the league, and commercial revenue for the big clubs has been increasing. But it still has a lot of room for improvement indeed, I just don't know if they can do things properly like you say... Better TV broadcasting deals would be a start, but CBF should be out of the picture first.

Hello Brasilerao fans,

Is Ganso still on schedule to return around January-February? I've been dying to watch more of this player since I only watched a few matches prior to his injury.

Santos' Ganso runs for first time in three months

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13625383.htm

I think he should be back for the Campeonato Paulista early next year. It's a less important state tournament, but it could prove useful to get him back on shape.

Back
Top Bottom