Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

I got the mod in trail running now, thanks to @SmichiW ! 💪🥳

one thing though, left stick movement is off. they are just walking super slow in defence. even jockey and cotton makes them move faster. I like the slower increase in speed when starting a sprint and the overall pace. But the regular movement is way to slow. What’s wrong here?! Any setting I forgot?

default sliders and speed. All Manuel settings. Orbit dribbling and contextual dribbling are disabled.

Just for curiosity, what equipment are you using?

Just for curiosity, what equipment are you using?
same as without the mod, when I had no problem for 8 hours of trail.
dualsense via BT windows 10.

it’s really weird, as if the mod broke that part of the dribbling somehow. I don’t get it. I could try using ds4windows but again, it was working before. When the left stick alone had several speeds (edit: oh it doesn’t)… now it’s just the slowest, walking.

happened with version test 4 and test 5!

edit: I like the splash screen! 😊 good lads they are. 💪

Last edited:
same as without the mod, when I had no problem for 8 hours of trail.
dualsense via BT windows 10.

sorry mate... I mean, team. (I hate google grammar checker when i write in different language). Because some mods are a totally different experience when using medium to low level teams.

sorry mate... I mean, team. (I hate google grammar checker when i write in different language). Because some mods are a totally different experience when using medium to low level teams.
Cant be right that jockeying is faster than everything else LS alone does.

edit: Tested without the mod. Left stick speed is back again.

i really want this to be working.

Last edited:
Was the second one awarded a pen?!
Sure was!
I purposely did not write anything about the patch in the beginning, I wanted to give myself more time to feel the changes.
You really succeeded in creating an atmosphere of football simulation on the field. What I also noticed is that when an opponent gets a red card his team is noticeably weaker, the absence of a player is felt. When in the original version the opponent only got stronger after a sending off.
I would suggest to make the pace a little faster, because sometimes it seems that the players run in the mud, which is knee-deep. It would give the fight for the ball in the middle of the pitch more dynamism and physicality. Also it would help to balance the difference between the sometimes appearing abrupt jerky/too fast animations of individual players. Again, purely my opinion.
I know that there is still a lot to work on, but the base is good in EAFC24, thank God.
Thank-you, glad you're enjoying it! I'll look and see what I can do with speeding up the pace a touch to get a little more fight for the ball - helpful observation thank you. It may possibly increase those animations more though, so will have to see what can be done!

Regarding the occasional jerky animation area, there's a few in there from EA that really won't go anywhere. Also, if we want any aspect of player individuality in there, then the faster dribblers need to be slightly quicker which can sometimes bring this out, but I have settled it a lot from what it was. Alternative is that everyone moves exactly the same.

I got the mod in trail running now, thanks to @SmichiW ! 💪🥳

one thing though, left stick movement is off. they are just walking super slow in defence. even jockey and cotton makes them move faster. I like the slower increase in speed when starting a sprint and the overall pace. But the regular movement is way to slow. What’s wrong here?! Any setting I forgot?

default sliders and speed. All Manuel settings. Orbit dribbling and contextual dribbling are disabled.
This is just part of the mod, nothing is broken on your PC! I'll look at tweaking this ever so slightly, but some of these speeds interrelate with other dribbling speeds/animations and then you can quickly break something. If it goes up much higher then we can quickly have super fast crazy leg animations again when off the ball too. I'll take a look at it though and see if I can tweak it a little!

Edit: I just had a go now and a very, very slight increase did the trick with no adverse impact. Next test version you will see! Thanks for feedback.

Last edited:
No prob - I love the EA Gamecam. I feel like when you get the right value with that it really improves the visual size of the player models.

Reactions: MTS
Sure was!

Thank-you, glad you're enjoying it! I'll look and see what I can do with speeding up the pace a touch to get a little more fight for the ball - helpful observation thank you. It may possibly increase those animations more though, so will have to see what can be done!

Regarding the occasional jerky animation area, there's a few in there from EA that really won't go anywhere. Also, if we want any aspect of player individuality in there, then the faster dribblers need to be slightly quicker which can sometimes bring this out, but I have settled it a lot from what it was. Alternative is that everyone moves exactly the same.

This is just part of the mod, nothing is broken on your PC! I'll look at tweaking this ever so slightly, but some of these speeds interrelate with other dribbling speeds/animations and then you can quickly break something. If it goes up much higher then we can quickly have super fast crazy leg animations again when off the ball too. I'll take a look at it though and see if I can tweak it a little!

Edit: I just had a go now and a very, very slight increase did the trick with no adverse impact. Next test version you will see! Thanks for feedback.
It’s just totally working against my habits and football logic too. I couldn’t play with only walking on LS.
cant wait for the next test version. 💪

I look forward to trying this mod out for my GK career mode series.

What half time length would you recommend? Also for the most difficult (but not broken), immersive and fair experience should I play with World Class or Ultimate? (Skipping Legendary due to it poor reputation from what I've read so far)

I want my team and the opposition team to play high quality yet immersive football.

Thanks in advance.
I play on 10 minute halves usually. In terms of difficulty/CPU behaviour/approach, all of that is still default for now. Lots to come, but taking the mod stage by stage and I haven't got to those stages yet.

For now, I would say World Class can be a little easy and I personally don't have a major problem with Legendary as is - but there is definitely work to do in that area.

Do I have to launch with both steam and ea app offline? I’ve done everything and the mod just isn’t loading - really frustrating :/

Do I have to launch with both steam and ea app offline? I’ve done everything and the mod just isn’t loading - really frustrating :/
Hey Tom. I haven't used FC or a FIFA game through Steam so I'm not 100% sure. Have you added in the -dataPath ModData in Properties?

Yeah tried that too - it’s super weird that nothings working
Im going to do clean install of EA FC on steam, re-download EA App and FMT

see if I can get it working

Yeah tried that too - it’s super weird that nothings working
Im going to do clean install of EA FC on steam, re-download EA App and FMT

see if I can get it working
I had a similar problem on 23 where I just couldn't get it working even though it was all set-up correctly. Eventually it just worked but it was a strange one.

Hey Anth great update mate! No crashes at all and the movement feels way better and less stuck in mud feeling. I think you’ve nailed the movement honestly!

Thanks! Good question, I think it's off by default and I've kept it like that. I'll turn it on and see how it feels..

For what I tested with yout mod 'Analog sprint' must be OFF, yes, super OFF. But it is an important option, every year all the gameplay modders underestimate the 'Analog sprint' and only a few are specific in the recomendation of how should it be and in my experience It has a impact in the look and feel of the gameplay (pad in hand), specialy in animations, transitionts and response.

I mean, you want that your mod has the same impact of your vision in us (users) and option like that (Analog sprint) could ruind (or not) the experience. Just do my bit, when you recomend the best settings/sliders dont forget that option!

For what I tested with yout mod 'Analog sprint' must be OFF, yes, super OFF. But it is an important option, every year all the gameplay modders underestimate the 'Analog sprint' and only a few are specific in the recomendation of how should it be and in my experience It has a impact in the look and feel of the gameplay (pad in hand), specialy in animations, transitionts and response.

I mean, you want that your mod has the same impact of your vision in us (users) and option like that (Analog sprint) could ruind (or not) the experience. Just do my bit, when you recomend the best settings/sliders dont forget that option!
Good call - I'll be sure to include that. You're right, there's so many options these days with EA that the gameplay can be offset by the smallest setting.

Hey Anth great update mate! No crashes at all and the movement feels way better and less stuck in mud feeling. I think you’ve nailed the movement honestly!
Amazing to hear, thank-you! I'm finding the tempo to be really working for me as well.

A little simple touch here - and something that 100% should already be in the game but definitely isn't - if you play a pass when facing a ridiculous angle now, the pass won't come off as cleanly. So you can't just ping the ball around without thinking about your body position. The little details add up!!

Also, here's a short but nice sequence of football by the CPU, showing that they're more willing to play football now and not just play 3 passes to the striker.

A little simple touch here - and something that 100% should already be in the game but definitely isn't - if you play a pass when facing a ridiculous angle now, the pass won't come off as cleanly. So you can't just ping the ball around without thinking about your body position. The little details add up!!

Also, here's a short but nice sequence of football by the CPU, showing that they're more willing to play football now and not just play 3 passes to the striker.

looks like different game.
What camera mod and camera settings do you use in this clip?
Does this zoom/height work i all stadium or are there some with problems?

looks like different game.
What camera mod and camera settings do you use in this clip?
Does this zoom/height work i all stadium or are there some with problems?
The gameplay mod has a version with a camera mod from Anth or without the cam mod, the settings it's a mystery 👀

good morning @Anth James , I took a video of the particular problem I’m having.
game starts and I move my player with LS… way to slow.
At 15 secs I initiate a sprint. Works fine.
then I go back to just LS followed by jockey at 22 secs, wich makes it faster again.
Hope you get a better picture now.

As if Jockey and regular moving speed had been swapped. Should be the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom