Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

This isn't a lot to do with my mod, but when it's being used you get to see the benefits of what's in this game already, such as this example below.

The pressing/midfield resistance is actually a lot better this year. It used to be the case that when you played stronger pressing teams, that they'd actually to be easier to play against. Now they press more intelligently, with not the entire team just mindlessly rushing at you for 10 seconds before turning around and running away. There's more purpose to it now, it's more selective and it's not 10000% all the time - but the resistance is there as you can see here. The FBs are getting out quick and there's a lot more pressure on the ball carrier, with passing lanes being blocked by the other players.

The impact of 1v1 is so much less this year.

Noticed this already. 👌
Still the CB jockey is in… 😬

After playing some more i am really liking how the ball doesn't glue to the players feet, in the sense where having low dribbling makes it riskier to have the ball at their feet and with the tempo being slow you need to use the players for the actions you need, as in before I just subbed on players to give rotation but now i have to think if i want to defend and therefore use a player with good defending stats or a dribbler or speedster, because every player strong attributes matter in game. I could do some close touch dribbling with Marcus Edwards like Messi and some long passes with Pedro Gonçalves and some bullying and tackling with William Carvalho, i was actually getting the ball on the player and using their best stats to make the play, instead of just doing "random" tactical work. Also not seeing any CB jockey at all.

Here you can see how the ball isn't glued where i am not forced to do a certain action like shooting but instead making a lob shot and players will tackle each other for possession until they can get it to a player who is more alone and has time:

Some more ball "bouncing around" players:

Pedro Gonçalves hoofing the ball up the pitch perfectly with his long passing and Nuno Santos dribbling and using his shot power:

And who needs heading?

And William Carvalho being slow but Tall and Strong moving like a Bulldozer winning the ball back and Fresneda (using double tap on R2) pushing the ball away from the AI to cross:

Could go on for days, loving the progress!

Last edited:
After playing some more i am really liking how the ball doesn't glue to the players feet, in the sense where having low dribbling makes it riskier to have the ball at their feet and with the tempo being slow you need to use the players for the actions you need, as in before I just subbed on players to give rotation but now i have to think if i want to defend and therefore use a player with good defending stats or a dribbler or speedster, because every player strong attributes matter in game. I could do some close touch dribbling with Marcus Edwards like Messi and some long passes with Pedro Gonçalves and some bullying and tackling with William Carvalho, i was actually getting the ball on the player and using their best stats to make the play, instead of just doing "random" tactical work.

Here you can see how the ball isn't glued where i am not forced to do a certain action like shooting but instead making a lob shot and players will tackle each other for possession until they can get it to a player who is more alone and has time:

Pedro Gonçalves hoofing the ball up the pitch perfectly with his long passing and Nuno Santos dribbling and using his shot power:

And who needs heading?

And William Carvalho being slow but Tall and Strong moving like a Bulldozer winning the ball back and Fresneda (using double tap on R2) pushing the ball away from the AI to cross:

Nice short Clips, Man. I am super excited to see the current gameplay. The Game is now already in a very good shape. When there is so much more to get out of the game in the future it will top the FIFA 23 Gameplay at the end. Speaking from Ai tweaks a.e

Nice short Clips, Man. I am super excited to see the current gameplay. The Game is now already in a very good shape. When there is so much more to get out of the game in the future it will top the FIFA 23 Gameplay at the end. Speaking from Ai tweaks a.e
Yep if this is the start then i can only see so much progress from here, maybe we will be stuck on a title update if EA decides to remove everything nice about the gameplay 😅

Yep if this is the start then i can only see so much progress from here, maybe we will be stuck on a title update if EA decides to remove everything nice about the gameplay 😅
Would be a killer yes. But for the moment it feels and looks well and the future is out there. 😄

Reactions: MTS
Would it be possible to make this animation where the goalkeeper falls on the floor with the ball longer? IRL they do it a lot to time waste, even if sometimes just to catch their breath and let the team get into position. If i want to time waste fifa won't let me because the gk just stands up and you have 6 seconds to play so you can't really time waste.

Also my 89 strength Striker was bullied by pressure when before i could just shield and shoot anyway

Last edited:
Not in this one. The bigger one u posted before.

Edit: 1:54 above CB:
Oh here. Yeah it can still happen on occasion, but is generally much, much improved from last year. I’ve had very few situations that have been game breaking in this regard, especially on counter attacks etc. I will keep monitoring it for sure though and may be able to eliminate it entirely, but it’s nowhere near as much of an issue as previous years and you can push it a lot further.

After playing some more i am really liking how the ball doesn't glue to the players feet, in the sense where having low dribbling makes it riskier to have the ball at their feet and with the tempo being slow you need to use the players for the actions you need, as in before I just subbed on players to give rotation but now i have to think if i want to defend and therefore use a player with good defending stats or a dribbler or speedster, because every player strong attributes matter in game. I could do some close touch dribbling with Marcus Edwards like Messi and some long passes with Pedro Gonçalves and some bullying and tackling with William Carvalho, i was actually getting the ball on the player and using their best stats to make the play, instead of just doing "random" tactical work. Also not seeing any CB jockey at all.

And who needs heading?

Love the examples man, thanks for posting!

Would it be possible to make this animation where the goalkeeper falls on the floor with the ball longer? IRL they do it a lot to time waste, even if sometimes just to catch their breath and let the team get into position. If i want to time waste fifa won't let me because the gk just stands up and you have 6 seconds to play so you can't really time waste.

Also my 89 strength Striker was bullied by pressure when before i could just shield and shoot anyway

I'll check out the GK values and see what I can do.

In terms of the striker, let me look further into that. I've made a few changes to improve the physicality so I know why that's happening, but there's a bit of a reason for it overall. I'll try and improve the balance of it.

Everyone saying the CPU does't cross....I just don't get it as it's not my experience at all.

All of these clips were just from the 60 minute onwards as well, as it just occurred to me to start recording the examples then. I wouldn't say EVERY game has this many, but I certainly see them regularly enough - and much more than last year.

I haven't directly changed any of this for the mod either, so I don't think it's related - BUT there is a possibility that some of the changes with movement etc, brings out different behaviour so that is possible...

Everyone saying the CPU does't cross....I just don't get it as it's not my experience at all.

All of these clips were just from the 60 minute onwards as well, as it just occurred to me to start recording the examples then. I wouldn't say EVERY game has this many, but I certainly see them regularly enough - and much more than last year.

I haven't directly changed any of this for the mod either, so I don't think it's related - BUT there is a possibility that some of the changes with movement etc, brings out different behaviour so that is possible...

i tried it last night and conceded to a cross within first few minutes of match

I confirm than vanilla, even on Legend, the CPU made some cross.

I work on sliders but we built our changes on the vanilla version to bring more realism into the game.

You only have to disable "competitor mode" to see crosses.

I really appreciate the gameplay this year. So much little tweaks, in the right direction, to have a great experience.

Once again, big thanks for your patience and your passion👍👌. Your work is Amazing🤩

If that helps.
I no longer have crashes after resetting the Physical Ebx.
I will keep looking but I think the problem lies in one of these parameters: ragdol, soccerfield, physical physics

If that helps.
I no longer have crashes after resetting the Physical Ebx.
I will keep looking but I think the problem lies in one of these parameters: ragdol, soccerfield, physical physics
Thanks, yeah it was the next area to explore. It’s strange that it’s happening at all from any value, never happened to me before like this.

I’ll keep looking in there for the culprit, not sure if the tool is causing it or a value..

You won’t get the full impact of the mod with the physics area reset.

Last edited:
I'll check out the GK values and see what I can do.

In terms of the striker, let me look further into that. I've made a few changes to improve the physicality so I know why that's happening, but there's a bit of a reason for it overall. I'll try and improve the balance of it.
The Stricker part wasn't meant to be a bad thing but i didn't word it correctly, i was actually pleased at him struggling with controlling the ball when the AI was making double pressure so even if he was Strong he still needed really good composure and ball control there. Was nice!

Well done pal, amazing job done. I'll join your Patreon today to check it out!

+ one question from my side - probably asked many times before.

What camera is it and what mod do you use?

Well done pal, amazing job done. I'll join your Patreon today to check it out!

+ one question from my side - probably asked many times before.

What camera is it and what mod do you use?
Thanks man, appreciate it. Sure, there’s a little camera mod included in the gameplay mod file. I’m using EA Gamecam with a custom zoom and height. I can’t remember exactly what it was as I change for each stadium. I generally lower the height and increase the zoom and I think it looks great.

Working on a fix at the moment. It's very frustrating!
All good. Still can see that there is a good GP framework in there. Just trying to get used to the slow player movement without the ball. Is that intended? I go faster jockeying and with the ball than I do out of possession.

It's fine if that's intended... I'm just trying to make sure it is and that I haven't goofed up somewhere.

All good. Still can see that there is a good GP framework in there. Just trying to get used to the slow player movement without the ball. Is that intended? I go faster jockeying and with the ball than I do out of possession.

It's fine if that's intended... I'm just trying to make sure it is and that I haven't goofed up somewhere.
Yeah I slowed the off ball movement down as I found it was way too unnatural when just moving around. I found it hard to position myself because you'd be running around like crazy.

What did i forgot?
block eafc inbound in firewall. Path to mod folder in ea app.
using latest FMT.
mod is not loading.
FC24 seems to be hit or miss with launching this year for me. You can get rid of "ModData" and "LegacyData" and force it to reinstall again when you launch.

Also, did you remember the "-datapath ModData" in the launch options if you are using Steam? I think Paul's launcher auto adds it to EA Desktop.

I like this little clip here as an example of the change in passing mechanics and ball behaviour. The changes are subtle, but I've tweaked some of the passing mechanics so that you're able to play with some more expression. You can hit long passes with a little more carry also. The result is a more satisfying passing game and it also impacts crosses, lobs and ground passes in various ways.

Also, Saka fails to control the ball and you can see there's a lot less 'glue' here which results in much more fight to control the ball and more 50/50s.

Back
Top Bottom