Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

@Anth James First 5 matches and superb feeling, very realistic gameplay at a steady pace.... Same problem however, the game was cut off abruptly at what seems to me to be a defender/attacker contact. Thank you for this gameplay, hoping that you will find the problem of returning to the office.

A little update of where we're at so far in regards to movement! There's many, many changes made for this and I'm pretty happy with how it's shaping up. It's still feeling fluid and alive as well which is the key! The off ball movement of the player is also a lot more stable.

Very impressive test, very very good job my friend.
Training is a very good test to see the quality of the animations and ball reactions with or without contact.

I try to make the same work than you for consoles without mod
EAFC 24 could be really great I thinks

Tonight I have made a training to show my normal game speed with sliders on Legend - Slow Speed - FUMA
The animations and ball control seems ok

FUMA - Legend - Slow Speed - Series X

Your video is my target to have more natural control and not a frantic gamespeed
Thanks a lot:APPLAUD:

Yes. In legendary the AI refuses to cross for me and every dribbler is prime Messi and my defensive AI is slow to react to marking.
Yes along with better defensive positioning and awareness.

Very interesting. I may have to give Ultimate a go. Is it overall a tougher challenge? By the sounds of it, Legendary sounds a bit tougher which doesn't make sense.

Same thing for me.

@Anth James First 5 matches and superb feeling, very realistic gameplay at a steady pace.... Same problem however, the game was cut off abruptly at what seems to me to be a defender/attacker contact. Thank you for this gameplay, hoping that you will find the problem of returning to the office.
Thanks! Yes I'm looking into the crashing issue. I have an idea what is causing it, but I'll see how it goes.

Guys, regarding difficulty, if it's mod related don't worry at all about any of that yet - none of that has been looked at in regards to behaviour of the CPU etc. It's a one step at a time process that will probably take a few months before it really takes shape completely. First priority is movement/ball - overall fundamentals.

Also, with crossing as a general comment. I know many are swearing there's none, but I can't lie - I'm seeing crossing in my games on World Class and Legendary. This is without touching anything relating to that too. That clip I posted the other day was about 90 seconds long and there was coincidentally a cross in there....not sure!

Good Morning, Guys! I have recorded last night a Video with Anth´s EA FC 24 Gameplay mod (First Test release). It´s very impressive what he have achieved in that early stage of EA FC 24! Like Anth explained in aboves Post this first Test mod release aims for 👇👇👇👇👇
First priority is movement/ball - overall fundamentals
And that is clearly to see in the Video IMO. The ball passing and speed have a realistic balance now. The movement edits was much needed and looking very good in game now.
Settings in the Video: Difficulty: Legendary - Sliders: 50/50 all of them - Gamespeed: normal/default - Controls: FUMA - Attributes: Classic - Matchlenghts: 2x6 Minutes (usually I play 2x9 min. or 2x10 min. but for a shorter Video I choose this length)

As I am not the greatest FUMA Player there are many passing errors on my side. So please be gentle. But the AI is now more "humanized" because they have passing errors too. I did not record the whole game because I think that would be too long.

@Anth James Have you made any changes to the defensive lines to solidify the defenses? Or did you just modify the movements of the players and balls? Because I like to be difficult, I currently play Ultimate semi and FUMA defense

m
Good Morning, Guys! I have recorded last night a Video with Anth´s EA FC 24 Gameplay mod (First Test release). It´s very impressive what he have achieved in that early stage of EA FC 24! Like Anth explained in aboves Post this first Test mod release aims for 👇👇👇👇👇

And that is clearly to see in the Video IMO. The ball passing and speed have a realistic balance now. The movement edits was much needed and looking very good in game now.
Settings in the Video: Difficulty: Legendary - Sliders: 50/50 all of them - Gamespeed: normal/default - Controls: FUMA - Attributes: Classic - Matchlenghts: 2x6 Minutes (usually I play 2x9 min. or 2x10 min. but for a shorter Video I choose this length)

As I am not the greatest FUMA Player there are many passing errors on my side. So please be gentle. But the AI is now more "humanized" because they have passing errors too. I did not record the whole game because I think that would be too long.

movement speed looks very good

m
Thanks! Getting there slowly. The movement is the toughest part of this game I think! It’ll never be perfect, but if I can keep building on what we have then hopefully we’ll be in a decent position.

The new update got announced earlier, I just hope that the CPU continues to play football and that aspect isn’t taken away.

m
Agree with you! Was really enjoyable to play because the decrease of the default gamespeed and Anth´s passing edits and movement edits helps the game a lot for having more realistic Player movement and the pure ball passing feels and looks excellent. Again, Kudos to @Anth James skills. I will test other leagues, lower leagues Matches like in 3. Liga or english Football league. But I am aware the individual Player changes like "Stat matters" are maybe coming to a later point in Anth´s plans.

Last edited:
Agree with you! Was really enjoyable to play because the decrease of the default gamespeed and Anth´s passing edits and movement edits helps the game a lot for having more realistic Player movement and the pure ball passing feels and looks excellent. Again, Kudos to @Anth James skills. I will test other leagues, lower leagues Matches like in 3. Liga or english Football league. But I am aware the individual Player changes like "Stat matters" are maybe coming to a later point in Anth´s plans.
Thanks! Yeah definitely will be addressing different players abilities etc down the track. It will really add a layer of depth to the game!

I've just released a second test version to try on the Patreon page that's tweaked some of the movement even more. Subtle, but steady progress towards an official v1.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah definitely will be addressing different players abilities etc down the track. It will really add a layer of depth to the game!

I've just released a second test version to try on the Patreon page that's tweaked some of the movement even more. Subtle, but steady progress towards an official v1.
Awesome! Thanks for confirming you will work on Players abilities too on a later point along your modding route. Coming now from your Discord Server after I download the new mod Version.

Hey guys, making more positive steps today! Here's some footage of the third test version.

I'll make a more detailed list of the changes a little later, but it's starting to take some decent shape now I think!

I know there's so much negativity around the game, but with these changes I'm really, really enjoying it at the moment. The CPU is playing some really nice stuff, I'm having to think a lot more about my chance creation and there's good player individuality. For what it's worth too, I'm seeing a number of crosses in my games - it's much improved in this area compared to 23 and I haven't addressed any of that behaviour in the mod yet at all...

Remember this is a step by step process- fundamentals first!

Last edited:
Hey guys, making more positive steps today! Here's some footage of the third test version.

I'll make a more detailed list of the changes a little later, but it's starting to take some decent shape now I think!

I know there's so much negativity around the game, but with these changes I'm really, really enjoying it at the moment. The CPU is playing some really nice stuff, I'm having to think a lot more about my chance creation and there's good player individuality. For what it's worth too, I'm seeing a number of crosses in my games - it's much improved in this area compared to 23 and I haven't addressed any of that behaviour in the mod yet at all...

The AI don't seem to be trying to get the ball off you at all here

The AI don't seem to be trying to get the ball off you at all here
At kick-off they never really do. I was just testing the movement. Once the game gets underway they do move into more pressing etc and also depends on team tactics. In general I find the pressing much improved this year. None of the behaviour has been adjusted yet, pure testing of movement/ball behaviour.

In the end of the video, I liked to see how you waited and choose the long cross option and tried to lay it off with the head, to the striker you did not feed the ball before. 👌
Besides that: great work, mate! 💪

Tried the gameplay at the current stage and i am amazed, ea fc 24 really brought stuff we missed like crosses and team play styles which makes the game already feel very diversified but with this mod the gameplay just feels so smooth and good, you have to to act as a player and don't need to ping pong around unless you do want to tiki taka or make a run (playing kick and rush with schalke currently) and make use of the player stats, i am also probably going to increase the match time since the tempo is slower. It really has a good experience all around and i can "relax" while playing instead of feeling stressed about being quick about everything, the player movement won't ever be perfect with the current engine but you can have the best until now football experience from this company, you are making football alive again, thank you!

Also using your reshade and a camera mod (like you mentioned how much better the game looks) and it's a really good experience all around. Thank you for your work!

First goal with the mod too:

Last edited:
Tried the gameplay at the current stage and i am amazed, ea fc 24 really brought stuff we missed like crosses and team play styles which makes the game already feel very diversified but with this mod the gameplay just feels so smooth and good, you have to to act as a player and don't need to ping pong around unless you do want to tiki taka or make a run (playing kick and rush with schalke currently) and make use of the player stats, i am also probably going to increase the match time since the tempo is slower. It really has a good experience all around and i can "relax" while playing instead of feeling stressed about being quick about everything, the player movement won't ever be perfect with the current engine but you can have the best until now football experience from this company, you are making football alive again, thank you!

Also using your reshade and a camera mod (like you mentioned how much better the game looks) and it's a really good experience all around. Thank you for your work!

Thanks for the great feedback man, really happy to hear you're enjoying it.

Spot on about the movement, until EA become more physics based in their animation system it's always going to be a little 'off', but I think it's shaping up much better than it was.

Love that goal you scored. The ball is behaving much more freely for the most part as I intended - and there's a few adjustments to passing mechanics in there that I haven't mentioned yet, but I could see it at work in that clip! ;)

Is that a fixed angle with the cam mod? Or are we able to zoom and heighten every cam to our demands now with a cam mod?
the basic game does little to those 2 options.

Which reshade are you talking about please? can you share? THANKS

Which reshade are you talking about please? can you share? THANKS
I am using Anth reshade for FIFA 23 with the Preset J but i also use the Preset B for a less detailed pitch sometimes!
Is that a fixed angle with the cam mod? Or are we able to zoom and heighten every cam to our demands now with a cam mod?
the basic game does little to those 2 options.
Camera in that video is from instant replay 😅 but i use this camera: https://evoweb.uk/threads/ea-sports-fc-24-editing-centre.95156/post-3991744
With broadcast > Height 10 > Zoom 0 or 3 and the rest of settings at 0!

This isn't a lot to do with my mod, but when it's being used you get to see the benefits of what's in this game already, such as this example below.

The pressing/midfield resistance is actually a lot better this year. It used to be the case that when you played stronger pressing teams, that they'd actually to be easier to play against. Now they press more intelligently, with not the entire team just mindlessly rushing at you for 10 seconds before turning around and running away. There's more purpose to it now, it's more selective and it's not 10000% all the time - but the resistance is there as you can see here. The FBs are getting out quick and there's a lot more pressure on the ball carrier, with passing lanes being blocked by the other players. The overall defensive shape and behaviour is miles better than we've had for a long time.

The impact of 1v1 is so much less this year.

Why would you go for a less detailed pitch? Don’t we have that with the original game? 🤪
Because it kind of looks like a eSim pitch until we have those mods eheh

Here is with B:

1.png

And with J:
22.png

But i am not sure if Anth want's to have his gameplay thread with reshade talk so unless he wants to i'll probably stop 😅

Back
Top Bottom