Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

Next on my list for tomorrow: Testing Paul´s new gp mod release. Saw a lot of positive feedback. Especially I am curious about the comeback of the crosses. Was so amazing in my 10 h trial Phase before EA removed it. Just look in real Matches how many crosses came in 90+ minutes. Everlasting topic initialised by EA...
Lucky you, when I started the trial, there were no more crosses! 😂

Top teams really are missing them, but do lower league teams cross a bit more? 3rd German league for example? Could it be? Maybe I was just lucky in one of the matches.

Paul's mod did improve crossing for me. But the attacking AI still sucks.
Strange, I don't really get the crossing problem in general for me personally. I haven't touched crossing and I still see the CPU cross? It's not all the time, but I definitely see crosses when I play...

Lucky you, when I started the trial, there were no more crosses! 😂

Top teams really are missing them, but do lower league teams cross a bit more? 3rd German league for example? Could it be? Maybe I was just lucky in one of the matches.
When do you had started your Trial, Mate? Directly at 22nd September or 23? After EA‘s first Patch around 26th or 27 th the crosses get much lower in amount than before. Was my personal impression. They cross still today but imo much lesser than end September before any TU. Sure could be depend on what League and what’s the team trait’s.

When do you had started your Trial, Mate? Directly at 22nd September or 23? After EA‘s first Patch around 26th or 27 th the crosses get much lower in amount than before. Was my personal impression. They cross still today but imo much lesser than end September before any TU. Sure could be depend on what League and what’s the team trait’s.
I started my trail just yesterday.
i don’t worry too much, mods will make it happen.

Guys, I'm after some info from you all.

Obviously I'm trying to find the perfect solution and I think I have actually found quite a good sweet spot, but can you answer this for me as I'm curious about your opinions -

Would you rather good dribblers FEEL like good dribblers OR they move at realistic speeds???????????

Obviously I'm trying to find the perfect solution and I think I have actually found quite a good sweet spot, but can you answer this for me as I'm curious about your opinions -

Would you rather good dribblers FEEL like good dribblers OR they move at realistic speeds???????????
For me it's always realistic speed but I think that good dribblers can still feel good at realistic speed

Last edited:

Maybe realistic speed makes for good dribbling?! 🤷‍♂️ yep, I’d go for that. 😊

Sure, I'd like to see good dribblers stand out from the rest, but these overly abrupt movements are painful to the eye. So I'm willing to sacrifice individualism, as long as it looks realistic.

I want bad dribblers to be more clunky and harder to control. Currently it's easy to dribble with defenders. I think good dribblers should be the base of realistic animation and bad dribblers should be much more slower to move/control. I want to be punished for dribbling with my goalkeeper or defender.

I want bad dribblers to be more clunky and harder to control. Currently it's easy to dribble with defenders. I think good dribblers should be the base of realistic animation and bad dribblers should be much more slower to move/control. I want to be punished for dribbling with my goalkeeper or defender.
Thanks for the input all! I'm just gauging where some of our heads are at, so don't panic with these questions guys haha!

So what if bad dribbling adds more skating? Would you prefer more skating with harder to control defenders, or bad dribblers have better skills so you see less skating?

Thanks for the input all! I'm just gauging where some of our heads are at, so don't panic with these questions guys haha!

So what if bad dribbling adds more skating? Would you prefer more skating with harder to control defenders, or bad dribblers have better skills so you see less skating?
Yep, less skating for sure!

we are running in circles a bit… 😂

Good to know, thanks guys. The skating is being dramatically reduced as we speak!! It's just complete elimination is virtually impossible unless we have a whole new animation system.

Expect big improvements - but don't expect perfection guys. There's an unbelievable amount of factors to balance that all have an impact on each other.

Good to know, thanks guys. The skating is being dramatically reduced as we speak!! It's just complete elimination is virtually impossible unless we have a whole new animation system.

Expect big improvements - but don't expect perfection guys. There's an unbelievable amount of factors to balance that all have an impact on each other.
Don't worry , the fact that you're trying to fix the game is more than enough and thank you so much for that

A little update of where we're at so far in regards to movement! There's many, many changes made for this and I'm pretty happy with how it's shaping up. It's still feeling fluid and alive as well which is the key! The off ball movement of the player is also a lot more stable.

Last edited:
A little update of where we're at so far in regards to movement! There's many, many changes made for this and I'm pretty happy with how it's shaping up. It's still feeling fluid and alive as well which is the key! The off ball movement of the player is also a lot more stable.

How the AI passes the ball around at the end, 2x back instead of stupidly forward plus to the side instead of forward and then they put the cherry on top…. And I was like, “please, bring in the cross!” And he did! 😂

Thanks for the teaser! 💪😊

How the AI passes the ball around at the end, 2x back instead of stupidly forward plus to the side instead of forward and then they put the cherry on top…. And I was like, “please, bring in the cross!” And he did! 😂

Thanks for the teaser! 💪😊
You know what, all that AI play, including the cross is all default. The CPU plays football this year, it really does. I play 10-15+ min sequences in this training match and it’s engaging right through. When you sure up other areas and you can’t sprint beyond everyone, it comes out a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom