Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

This is still very much a WORK IN PROGRESS, but trust me - there's a hell of a lot more changed here than just slowing down the turning circle! The first little bit I'm just trying to show the dribbling speeds etc.

I know the game is getting a lot of hate and I get it, but under the mess I'm telling you all, there's really a game here and EA HAVE helped us out with a few important elements.

Last edited:
This is still very much a WORK IN PROGRESS, but trust me - there's a hell of a lot more changed here than just slowing down the turning circle! The first little bit I'm just trying to show the dribbling speeds etc.

I know the game is getting a lot of hate and I get it, but under the mess I'm telling you all, there's really a game here and EA HAVE helped us out with a few important elements.

How do you feel about the game compared to the last gameplay mod you made in FIFA 23?

How do you feel about the game compared to the last gameplay mod you made in FIFA 23?
This is still extremely early days and lots of work to do yet, but I’m feeling much better about it than 23.

I can’t really explain it, other than when I play it I’m just focusing on the football side of it and not the gameplay side of it. That’s how I judge the games most. How quickly does the immersion break for me when I’m trying to move the ball up the field, find passes etc. I know it won’t look amazing on video, but playing it, it feels a lot better than FIFA for quite a few years in my opinion.

A lot more still to do though, this is only the first week.

This is still extremely early days and lots of work to do yet, but I’m feeling much better about it than 23.

I can’t really explain it, other than when I play it I’m just focusing on the football side of it and not the gameplay side of it. That’s how I judge the games most. How quickly does the immersion break for me when I’m trying to move the ball up the field, find passes etc. I know it won’t look amazing on video, but playing it, it feels a lot better than FIFA for quite a few years in my opinion.

A lot more still to do though, this is only the first week.
I think the jockey bug being fixed is what makes the game more harder and interesting for me. My players get chased a lot and for longer duration which makes me have to really think about my attack before I lose the ball. I love it. I hope they don't patch this.

This looks awesome. Hopefully it won't take long before realease. Thanks bro.

I think the jockey bug being fixed is what makes the game more harder and interesting for me. My players get chased a lot and for longer duration which makes me have to really think about my attack before I lose the ball. I love it. I hope they don't patch this.
Yeah and the CPU plays football much more than before. They’re not trying to score immediately, they pass it backwards, sideways etc. I’m most worried about that being patched.

The defenders moving and behaving more organically helps so much too, especially on the wings. For 1v1, which I obviously hate, it’s the best version of it and I haven’t really felt annoyed by it from this mod yet.

A good "firsty", Anth! I see much in your tweaks here which I remember from v.6.0 at FIFA 23. The Pace is lowered and the AI didn´t attack in maniac style. So you have time to look up and decide what´s next!
I second your opinion about the base game in Vanilla style. The pure flow in the game is much better than in Vanilla FIFA 23. I have much more the feeling of "playing" Football instead of being a sidepart of the AI like it was in 23. I also don´t know how to better explain but the fact not only I miss scoring chances with FUMA Control even the AI sucks often in front of goal is a game changer itself imo. Gameplay is not that clinical and down scripted to only be frustrated
viewer for the event taking Place on my screen.
I also understand there is tons of improvements what many many users are want from the game. True! But at the end of the day it´s still an Video game which can´t be simulate real soccer with 22 Player behaviours, Ball physics, etc. Of course it could be nearer to realsim when EA would aiming only this. But we all know they didn´t want that obviously. The Player collisions, the will to cross from the AI is for sure features which are possible without a doubt.
The hardest thing for me is that they have cut out the awesome crossing attempts from pre updates! That was so amazing to see. Now it seems it´s gone completly.
Well, good luck and a good touch I wish you for the mod, Man. Curious what will comes around in the future.

looks good, i will wait for release, only got 2 hours left with my 10hours trial version 🙅 really dont know until now if i will buy the game

What a speed game you use ?

Quick update on progress. I'm currently working on freeing the ball up. I'm trying to remove the 'glue' so that the ball is more alive and difficult to control. It's a difficult task this one, but I want to get it right before moving onto the next step. Some nice progress is being made though!

Edit: Actuaslly really good progress made just now. The ball is feeling so much more alive now. I spent a while yesterday trying to do this with very little progress, but I'm making some solid discoveries now. As I mentioned in 23 gameplay modding, it's crazy how many of the values interrelate with each other.

Last edited:
Quick update on progress. I'm currently working on freeing the ball up. I'm trying to remove the 'glue' so that the ball is more alive and difficult to control. It's a difficult task this one, but I want to get it right before moving onto the next step. Some nice progress is being made though!

Edit: Actuaslly really good progress made just now. The ball is feeling so much more alive now. I spent a while yesterday trying to do this with very little progress, but I'm making some solid discoveries now. As I mentioned in 23 gameplay modding, it's crazy how many of the values interrelate with each other.
When the ball is more alive now… does that work towards the ball not going through limbs!?
you probably know what I mean. When players dribble real fast, ball goes through feet and such a lot of times… im craving for good foot planting or at least plausible feet to ball physics...

When the ball is more alive now… does that work towards the ball not going through limbs!?
you probably know what I mean. When players dribble real fast, ball goes through feet and such a lot of times… im craving for good foot planting or at least plausible feet to ball physics...
Yes, it's definitely improved from before and is something I'm working on.

It might not be at the point we all want it at in an ideal world, but it's certainly much improved and I think you'll definitely notice.

I'm trying to enhance the differences between players dribbling abilities in regards to movement but still keep them in a range of normal and I think I've got a pretty good balance of that at the moment.

Yes, it's definitely improved from before and is something I'm working on.

It might not be at the point we all want it at in an ideal world, but it's certainly much improved and I think you'll definitely notice.

I'm trying to enhance the differences between players dribbling abilities in regards to movement but still keep them in a range of normal and I think I've got a pretty good balance of that at the moment.
you said something about a preview video? 🤷

And damn I’m a nerd… watched the whole 9 mins without skipping a sec… 😂

🤓
The ball is a little dead in that video, but I've made some really nice improvements in that last hour or so that help a lot with making the game feel more alive and also with the general freedom on the pitch. I'm starting with the fundamentals and will progressively move into other areas.

The ball is a little dead in that video, but I've made some really nice improvements in that last hour or so that help a lot with making the game feel more alive and also with the general freedom on the pitch. I'm starting with the fundamentals and will progressively move into other areas.
I was already pleased by the bigger turning angle and the lower overall speed. 😊

yeah, I know. Fundamentals first, than the polish! 💪

Last edited:
I was already pleased by bigger the turning angle and the lower overall speed. 😊

yeah, I know. Fundamentals first, than the polish! 💪
Definitely. There's a lot of changes under the hood to get that lower overall speed. You'll find moving around in general is so much more stable.

Wanting to test your work mate. I've dived into Fifa modding a few times and it demands a huge investment in time. The process of tweaking-testing-reseting takes loads of time and requires a infinite patience and lot of sense for the detail.
I'm sure if we were able to tweak the game live we may even be able to fulfil our most wet football gaming dreams.

Wanting to test your work mate. I've dived into Fifa modding a few times and it demands a huge investment in time. The process of tweaking-testing-reseting takes loads of time and requires a infinite patience and lot of sense for the detail.
I'm sure if we were able to tweak the game live we may even be able to fulfil our most wet football gaming dreams.
Yeah you're right, it's a big task for sure! I spent a lot of time back in lockdown with the FIFA 20 files, so I got a good grasp of things back then. I think I put just as much, if not more time into 23 which really helped. I learned a lot about how the game works and how the files work with each other. For FC24, I knew where I wanted to go to change things, so it's sped up the process.

Last edited:
When you release the mod can you edit the splash screen or something so we know the mod is actually working? because my mods dont seem to work with FMT

Will it be normal speed - world class - no sliders?

It will be normal speed, but it will be much slower than slow speed. A lot of values change when you
change the speed, so for the mod to work it needs to played at normal.

No sliders at all, All 50/50.

@Anth James Can you dig into the collisions and physics variables? there are nice animations when crashing and fighting for the ball but the cause reaction looks very inconsistent.

One of the biggest discoveries I made in 23 was related to the physical side of the game and making them much more stable. Players won’t go through each other anymore, it’s more reliable and helps defensively as well. It’s one of the first things I changed.

When you release the mod can you edit the splash screen or something so we know the mod is actually working? because my mods dont seem to work with FMT

Good idea!

Back
Top Bottom