Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

I like this little clip here as an example of the change in passing mechanics and ball behaviour. The changes are subtle, but I've tweaked some of the passing mechanics so that you're able to play with some more expression. You can hit long passes with a little more carry also. The result is a more satisfying passing game and it also impacts crosses, lobs and ground passes in various ways.

Also, Saka fails to control the ball and you can see there's a lot less 'glue' here which results in much more fight to control the ball and more 50/50s.

That switch looked like a ball that you would see in the Prem on a weekend. Lovely stuff.

FC24 seems to be hit or miss with launching this year for me. You can get rid of "ModData" and "LegacyData" and force it to reinstall again when you launch.

Also, did you remember the "-datapath ModData" in the launch options if you are using Steam? I think Paul's launcher auto adds it to EA Desktop.
I tried with modData. Will try with legacy as well. Thx.

maybe it has something to do with the Trail version.
another new thing; besides blocking internet access via windows firewall settings, it’s still connecting as long as I don’t cancel that ingame. Worked with 23 and 16 before.
hm… will check all this later today.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry but I've already given this game too many chances. What you modding masters on this page are doing is commendable, but the game has physics errors and links between beastly animations.

The hypermotion V engine swap is not polished. No matter how much it is modified, natural movements will never remain. For that, we would have to have a new team that works on the game code for a long time. And of course this cannot be fixed no matter how many updates they put into it. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm so sorry but I've already given this game too many chances. What you modding masters on this page are doing is commendable, but the game has physics errors and links between beastly animations.

The hypermotion V engine swap is not polished. No matter how much it is modified, natural movements will never remain. For that, we would have to have a new team that works on the game code for a long time. And of course this cannot be fixed no matter how many updates they put into it. I hope I'm wrong.
The lack of physics in the movement etc is not good enough - no doubt, no argument.

However, IF (and I know a lot of people aren’t able to and that’s ok) you are able to look beyond that, and look beyond how it plays by watching a video - there’s a good game under here if you’re keen enough to look. It has to be modded, but that’s how I look at all football games now. I just look at them as a base with X amount of potential to shape them. I know that’s not ideal, but it’s where I’m at with it.

If looked at from that perspective then this year is much better than it has for a number of years and it’s actually playing a very good game of football. I didn’t think I would say that, but I can’t lie and say I’m not, when I am.

crashes in a lot of games since installing GP mod
Hey Man, May I ask you if have crashes with the mod while running the Gp mod with other mods applied like the Camera Mod or the Serie a license mod or do you running the mod as single one in FMT launcher? Just curious 😉

I tried with modData. Will try with legacy as well. Thx.

maybe it has something to do with the Trail version.
another new thing; besides blocking internet access via windows firewall settings, it’s still connecting as long as I don’t cancel that ingame. Worked with 23 and 16 before.
hm… will check all this later today.
Hi mate. It could be a problem with your trial game version. In some of the newer Fifa games, mods only work with the full game version.
Not sure if it the same with EA FC 24.

Trial for me is working, only a little bit different
Hi mate. Then you could tell us all (for those with the same problem) how do you do it.

For me I have the full game version but my problem is that this is a $%&*# game. :D

Launch FMT with Mods, as Admin(do an exception for FMT Folder in Windows Security)
Launch until you are in Homescreen of the game.

Close the game.

Add "-dataPath ModData" to EA App starting options

start the game over EA App and NOT over FMT.

thats only working for me

Hi Guys, here is a YT Video which I recorded 2 days ago showing Anth´s Gameplay mod in Action again. Me ( Nottingham Forest ) vs Manchester City. Pressing from Man City was really heavy in that Legendary difficulty Match.
Again I use the recommend settings: sliders 50/50 for everything - Legendary Level - Competitor Mode off - Attributes: Classic

I'm a beta tester. I think the movement is pretty good. And I want the referee to point out more fouls because I adjusted the difficulty level very strictly but the referee rarely calls fouls. Thank you for your hard work.

Hello Anth! This is what I put on Patreon for you. I'm pasting it here too in case anyone who may have more ideas sees it. Again, thanks for everything!

Hello good! First of all, thank you for your work. I played FIFA 23 until the end with your V3.1. And now I'm going to give you my evidence, in case it can help you in any way. I have exported all the files that you modify in V4 to import them into Volta, except those in the PM_ATTRIBUTESBOOSTS and BROADCASTING directories. I have not had any crashes in 7 games in FUTSAL, when in your V4 in normal soccer it is quite frequent. I'm not saying that crashes can't happen in my tests, just that in 7 games I haven't had any. Thank you!

EDIT: Crash................

Last edited:
There are still beautiful moments with this gameplay. Wanna post this lil 0:36 min. Clip where you can see (only the replay) a goal from me where the ball seems to be free and feeling heavier and having a much better speed than in Vanilla gameplay. A goal of pure will with a beautiful finishing. I am honest, I lost the game 1:2 vs Brentford with my controlled Team Aston Villa, but I like the goal.

There are still beautiful moments with this gameplay. Wanna post this lil 0:36 min. Clip where you can see (only the replay) a goal from me where the ball seems to be free and feeling heavier and having a much better speed than in Vanilla gameplay. A goal of pure will with a beautiful finishing. I am honest, I lost the game 1:2 vs Brentford with my controlled Team Aston Villa, but I like the goal.

Is that the new tactical camera view?

Hey all! I've solved the crash and there's a new test version 5 up on the Patreon for those who want to have a test. I'm moving towards a release of an official v1 - but still some work to do.

This is the best tempo and the smoothest I've had it playing and it's starting to come together really nicely!! I've said this for the longest time, but don't judge the gameplay by videos alone, it doesn't translate in the same way as it does when playing.

Remember - fundamentals only for now - everything else still to come! I want to do each stage correctly and not end up half baking it.

Last edited:
One of the changes I've made to the mod is regarding the physical interactions between players. Players will now interact with each other better in all scenarios. The floor has been raised so that when they meet, there's proper contact now - and far less awkward animations where players slide off or through each other.

In general it's better this year than before, but with the change it's even more pronounced and you can really feel it when playing. It's a small, subtle change but it has a big difference when playing as you really have to consider the defensive bodies around you. Before the change you have a decent chance of being able to just glide beyond opposition players and now you have to think a lot more about your approach up the field.

One of the changes I've made to the mod is regarding the physical interactions between players. Players will now interact with each other better in all scenarios. The floor has been raised so that when they meet, there's proper contact now - and far less awkward animations where players slide off or through each other.

In general it's better this year than before, but with the change it's even more pronounced and you can really feel it when playing. It's a small, subtle change but it has a big difference when playing as you really have to consider the defensive bodies around you. Before the change you have a decent chance of being able to just glide beyond opposition players and now you have to think a lot more about your approach up the field.

@Anth James what you have done with this mod is simply amazing! The physics of the players, the ball, the fluidity... It looks like a PES from the great days!!! Congratulations and THANK YOU

Finally gotten round to testing your latest version. It's wonderful. The pace is excellent and really rids the game of that insane spider legged crap. It brings out these fantastic animations and situations on the pitch. I played 1 match on WC and 1 on legendary, I feel like WC is slightly easier and teh AI doesn't really give you as much threat as Legendary however Legendary has the systematic problem of nerfing your team & players, making them less responsive and making them static so they never spread out or make runs when in possession.

Could you share you're tweaked reshade preset too please? It looks gorgeous!

Was the second one awarded a pen?!

Hi I'm still really struggling to get this to work - I have the Steam version of the game and it doesn't seem like the mod is loading - I've tried both latest versions and I'm not getting the camera view nor the splash

does anyone have a step by step guide to installing FMT etc when you have steam

Finally gotten round to testing your latest version. It's wonderful. The pace is excellent and really rids the game of that insane spider legged crap. It brings out these fantastic animations and situations on the pitch. I played 1 match on WC and 1 on legendary, I feel like WC is slightly easier and teh AI doesn't really give you as much threat as Legendary however Legendary has the systematic problem of nerfing your team & players, making them less responsive and making them static so they never spread out or make runs when in possession.
Having always the same situation between WC and Legendary. I love the pure difficulty for me playing on Legendary but it’s close to zero chances for me as the Ai didn’t let me take part on the Game. No matter what I try. On WC I love the more freedom when I build up my own attack but sometimes it’s too simpel. I mean not I win every Game on WC but a hybrid of WC and Legendary would be great. 😄

But I am sure Anth‘s will improve that AI behavior later and I trust in his skills to do so. In summon just a wonderful, smooth and realistic Gameplay here we have now. Love it.

Hi I'm still really struggling to get this to work - I have the Steam version of the game and it doesn't seem like the mod is loading - I've tried both latest versions and I'm not getting the camera view nor the splash

does anyone have a step by step guide to installing FMT etc when you have steam
Mate, the previous 2 years I had the FIFA games also on Steam purchased. There is generally no big difference to set FMT up. Like I read from our latest conversation you have tried everything. Do you have excluded FMT , the game itself from your AntiVir? Is your game Folder and FMT readable? If not the case when you look at your properties by right click than make them readable. It often causes the little things to be the devil inside. Administration start of FMT?? There must be the needle in the haystack. Something is missing on your side as all others here get the mods running after double check the necessity‘s. I dk what else to say or any other here around. I would also do a complete move from my game Folder to another drive on your Pc included FMT move on that new drive too.

I purposely did not write anything about the patch in the beginning, I wanted to give myself more time to feel the changes.
You really succeeded in creating an atmosphere of football simulation on the field. What I also noticed is that when an opponent gets a red card his team is noticeably weaker, the absence of a player is felt. When in the original version the opponent only got stronger after a sending off.
I would suggest to make the pace a little faster, because sometimes it seems that the players run in the mud, which is knee-deep. It would give the fight for the ball in the middle of the pitch more dynamism and physicality. Also it would help to balance the difference between the sometimes appearing abrupt jerky/too fast animations of individual players. Again, purely my opinion.
I know that there is still a lot to work on, but the base is good in EAFC24, thank God.

I got the mod in trail running now, thanks to @SmichiW ! 💪🥳

one thing though, left stick movement is off. they are just walking super slow in defence. even jockey and cotton makes them move faster. I like the slower increase in speed when starting a sprint and the overall pace. But the regular movement is way to slow. What’s wrong here?! Any setting I forgot?

default sliders and speed. All Manuel settings. Orbit dribbling and contextual dribbling are disabled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom