Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

good morning @Anth James , I took a video of the particular problem I’m having.
game starts and I move my player with LS… way to slow.
At 15 secs I initiate a sprint. Works fine.
then I go back to just LS followed by jockey at 22 secs, wich makes it faster again.
Hope you get a better picture now.

Hey man. Yeah all sorted for new version. It wasn’t an issue, just a stylistic choice but all fixed!

Hey man, you're the pinnacle of gameplay. How long before you think the final mod will be released?
Very kind of you, thanks! It's still a little while off, but shouldn't be too much longer for the fundamentals v1 release. I'll be adding more features over time. There's lots of areas to tackle and more to come down the track for sure.

Very kind of you, thanks! It's still a little while off, but shouldn't be too much longer for the fundamentals v1 release. I'll be adding more features over time. There's lots of areas to tackle and more to come down the track for sure.
Any other test version planned before V1?
Don’t get me wrong, take all the time needed. 💪

Sure was!

Thank-you, glad you're enjoying it! I'll look and see what I can do with speeding up the pace a touch to get a little more fight for the ball - helpful observation thank you. It may possibly increase those animations more though, so will have to see what can be done!

Regarding the occasional jerky animation area, there's a few in there from EA that really won't go anywhere. Also, if we want any aspect of player individuality in there, then the faster dribblers need to be slightly quicker which can sometimes bring this out, but I have settled it a lot from what it was. Alternative is that everyone moves exactly the same.

This is just part of the mod, nothing is broken on your PC! I'll look at tweaking this ever so slightly, but some of these speeds interrelate with other dribbling speeds/animations and then you can quickly break something. If it goes up much higher then we can quickly have super fast crazy leg animations again when off the ball too. I'll take a look at it though and see if I can tweak it a little!

Edit: I just had a go now and a very, very slight increase did the trick with no adverse impact. Next test version you will see! Thanks for feedback.
Oh I just see the answer to my first question now.
awesome. Because collisions without the ref acting proper would only be half as fun.
great stuff. 💪

I was being stupid... When people said to put -data path ModData, I assumed they meant point the Steam launcher to C// Progamme files/ Steam/Ea FC / Mod Data etc etc

when actually you literally just put "-data path ModData"....

now i've got the Henry and Bergkamp splash and the funny camera angle

I was being stupid... When people said to put -data path ModData, I assumed they meant point the Steam launcher to C// Progamme files/ Steam/Ea FC / Mod Data etc etc

Great to hear man, hope you enjoy it. Remember it's just a focus on fundamentals for now - and it's a major work in progress!

Strike! Glad to read you done it.

Wow ! Looking at these videos I was asking myself..
Is your mod ok with player career mode or it's Just designed to have full control of your team?

Wow ! Looking at these videos I was asking myself..
Is your mod ok with player career mode or it's Just designed to have full control of your team?
I haven't played that mode, but I don't see why it wouldn't hold up well in player career too.

Hello @Anth James! Yesterday I subscribed to your patreon channel, and I have to say that you have done a great job!
One question: is it normal that sometimes low passes come out stronger than normal? It happens to me sometimes during the game, I play semi-assisted.
Do you use any mod for the grass?
Ah! and sorry because I speak through google translator

Hello @Anth James! Yesterday I subscribed to your patreon channel, and I have to say that you have done a great job!
One question: is it normal that sometimes low passes come out stronger than normal? It happens to me sometimes during the game, I play semi-assisted.
Do you use any mod for the grass?
Ah! and sorry because I speak through google translator
Thanks for joining and great to hear! The EA passing mechanics are a little odd. The speed is partially determined by the distance it thinks the pass should be, so there isn't as much consistency or control as we would like.

Grass wise, I'm using my reshade which you'll find in my 23 thread on the forum!

I subscribed your patreon because I was curious. I have to say ... double WOW. What a nice experience I had. Different Fifa!
Of course is not perfect , sometimes I feel too much situation of randomness especially when the CPU had the ball possession. Maybe because of the different physicality of the game. But the flow of the game is overall 30 times better.
- Sometimes I have the feeling that the CPU is too less aggressive on the ball carrier.
- Maybe fouls are very very rare. One time I had a penalty and my player was ejected with red without a real reason .Maybe there's something to balance.
- I like shooting

If I have other feedbacks I'll give to you.
I see a lot the AI behaviour because I play career player mode so controlling just one player I can see much more.

im playing a career in second Bundesliga trying to bring glory to Holstein Kiel. 😊
How could i miss out on a stricker called Shuto Machino!? 🤷‍♂️😂🥳

speed is so good here. I wish I could run faster but otherwise, lots to discover. And lots has changed already. 💪
Yeah, fouls could be more as always; maybe that more in physicality will lead to good things.
Cant wait for more. 😊👌

Last edited:
Amazing work Anth. Tried your latest and it is really good. But what kind of rig are you guys running? I have horrendous lag and framerate issues. I have turned down all renderings to medium. The game is very poorly optimized for PC.

Amazing work Anth. Tried your latest and it is really good. But what kind of rig are you guys running? I have horrendous lag and framerate issues. I have turned down all renderings to medium. The game is very poorly optimized for PC.
5800x3d and a 6800xt running ultra 4k/60. Cutscenes do hover between 42 and 60 fps. Transitions into and out of cutscenes stutter, gameplay is fine.

It’s been a long time, since I’ve spent the whole day playing the game. 😊

A little bit of footage with the ball being much more alive now. It's a bit of a chaotic sequence, but shows it well. It's also from a replay, so don't worry about the speed being a little fast.

In the second part of the clip, it's such a simple thing that shouldn't even have to be brought BACK in, but you'll see the ball deflect off the defender from a normal ground pass. It doesn't stick to his boot! I'm still working on this, but trying to bring in much more realistic behaviour of the ball wherever I can.

Hi it is very good but it miss some touches if you can do it ofc please do it cause you are saving the game for real ...
It is gravity/weight of ball so the time that the ball stay on the air and how fast it can reach the maximum height too, i hope that i explained well because it is complicated thing and i hope that there is a way to do it even if not you doing great.

I keep saying, the CPU plays football this year! Check out this build up. It's not just mindless passing around the back for no reason either.

Would this be some change to your mod or the standard gameplay? I ask because I can't see something like this playing against the cpu, especially against weaker teams. In my case I only see players who hold the ball and in attack there is only one move that is used a lot, it reaches the baseline and cuts to the middle dribbling. I wish the opponent was smarter.

5800x3d and a 6800xt running ultra 4k/60. Cutscenes do hover between 42 and 60 fps. Transitions into and out of cutscenes stutter, gameplay is fine.

It’s been a long time, since I’ve spent the whole day playing the game. 😊
I'm running an i5-11600KF with an RTX3070 and trying to run the game at 1440p. I shouldn't be having this much trouble I think.

I subscribed your patreon because I was curious. I have to say ... double WOW. What a nice experience I had. Different Fifa!
Of course is not perfect , sometimes I feel too much situation of randomness especially when the CPU had the ball possession. Maybe because of the different physicality of the game. But the flow of the game is overall 30 times better.
- Sometimes I have the feeling that the CPU is too less aggressive on the ball carrier.
- Maybe fouls are very very rare. One time I had a penalty and my player was ejected with red without a real reason .Maybe there's something to balance.
- I like shooting

If I have other feedbacks I'll give to you.
I see a lot the AI behaviour because I play career player mode so controlling just one player I can see much more.
Thank-you, happy you're enjoying it!

Daily reminder to everyone - virtually nothing has been touched outside of the movement, ball behaviour, physicality at the moment. Aside from a couple of little additions here and there, it's all still default and still to come!!!

It's not a finished mod yet - it's a work in progress with many, many areas still untouched!!

Please start remembering this guys, it's getting exhausting having to say the same thing every day!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom