Anth's EAFC24 Gameplay Mod

I wish the match replay had the commentators quotes in it. Why is that gone? Like the line ups!? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, having a blast this morning with the mod. English second league, German second league, seria A… plenty of good matches. 🥳

@Anth James is it possible to have the side line players warming up with more than 20-30 frames?! 😂
Yep and the highlights on older fifa's showed skill moves and overall chances, now you have like 5 replays and they aren't even all the goals scored on the match if the score line is high, so ridiculous.

I didn't use to care about line ups at the start of the match in the previous games, but this year the cinematic is so ridiculous (like it shows your team scoring in the match like it may not even happen) that I miss the damn line ups and want to watch them now lol!

I can't decide if I like fast or medium more... I'm sitting here going crazy switching between the two lol

Does anyone ever get the halftime menu bug where the menu just doesn't show up? It's seemingly random, but I'm not sure if there is a way to "force" the menu up in cases where it happens. I always just Alt+F4 and lose all progress...

Also, @Anth James , I'm still getting the GK kick bug where the punts only go 10 yards or so. I'm starting to wonder if it's Paul's career mod that I'm using. I don't know why GK things would have been touched but that's the only constant in my mod manager. I've tried yours and his GP, and the problem is on both.

Does anyone ever get the halftime menu bug where the menu just doesn't show up? It's seemingly random, but I'm not sure if there is a way to "force" the menu up in cases where it happens. I always just Alt+F4 and lose all progress...

Also, @Anth James , I'm still getting the GK kick bug where the punts only go 10 yards or so. I'm starting to wonder if it's Paul's career mod that I'm using. I don't know why GK things would have been touched but that's the only constant in my mod manager. I've tried yours and his GP, and the problem is on both.
I haven’t got the menu bug.

In terms of keeper, I just assumed it was an EA thing? Does it not happen on default?

I think I can fix it either way, I’ll take a look.

Skating and not crossing? You arent using the mod, simple. I have games where the cpu crosses 8-10 times and even tho ice skating is about the game engine, Anth still tried to remove the best he can, so the mod isn't working for you, for sure.
you were absolutely right. something wrong had happened in FMM. Now Anth's GP is back and I can appreciate the differences with vanilla even more. In practice the latest version didn't work at all.
now I have to solve the problem of crosses and headers (no CPU) but I think it depends on the fact that I'm not good at it.

you were absolutely right. something wrong had happened in FMM. Now Anth's GP is back and I can appreciate the differences with vanilla even more. In practice the latest version didn't work at all.
now I have to solve the problem of crosses and headers (no CPU) but I think it depends on the fact that I'm not good at it.
Try just lightly hitting it to get the ball closer to the penalty spot.

As per the suggestions, I don't change any of the sliders, except for injuries. But does anybody else feel like the first touch is too perfect? Thinking of maybe changing that slider unless Anth plans on making adjustments to it.

Wow what a difference between default vanilla gameplay and Anth's latest V11. Its like two different games. With the gameplay mod on World Class difficulty I have the AI for the first time actively blocking passing lanes, applying pressure to my players on the ball, marking and an actual compact midfield leading to some interesting midfield battles. I now have to pass the ball around instead of just holding down sprint and ending up in a 1v1 situation with the GK as you do in normal unmodded gameplay. And then there is the added physicality between players too. Absolute amazing job @Anth James! Well done! :)

The only feedback I have is in regards to the passing distance which I find to be too short and/or weak. I see there is an optional add-on but would be great if this can be fine tuned more in the future without the need of it.

Last edited:
Just lost to A. Bilbao with R. Madrid because of my mistakes and missing chances but I loved every second of it! It felt really authentic and challenging.
EA should divide gameplay modes into 3; Sim, Competitive,Arcade just like they do in Madden series and put Anth in charge of Sim gameplay so that our console friends can experience this beautiful game of football.

A little nitpick, as someone said, passing feels a bit slow and weak no matter how long I press the button.

AI tried to show off but fails! Hahaha loved it 😂

As per the suggestions, I don't change any of the sliders, except for injuries. But does anybody else feel like the first touch is too perfect? Thinking of maybe changing that slider unless Anth plans on making adjustments to it.
yeah, I'd personally like it to be a little sloppier myself

I haven’t got the menu bug.

In terms of keeper, I just assumed it was an EA thing? Does it not happen on default?

I think I can fix it either way, I’ll take a look.
I haven't played on default in so long lol, so I'm not too sure. I don't think many people use the career mod though, so disregard if you haven't seen the issue listed a ton. It's probably not due to the GP because like i said, I've used a lot of them and the issue persists.

I have adjusted first touch and you’ll notice the worse the player, the worse the touch, but I can definitely add to it and make it more prominent across the board. I might make it as an optional add on though, as it’s a concept that’s people disagree on a lot!

As the base of the mod is stable, I like being able to provide these little add ons here and there, because everyone has such different views of how the game should play. You can customise it how you like without sacrificing the core of the mod.

Wow what a difference between default vanilla gameplay and Anth's latest V11. Its like two different games. With the gameplay mod on World Class difficulty I have the AI for the first time actively blocking passing lanes, applying pressure to my players on the ball, marking and an actual compact midfield leading to some interesting midfield battles. I now have to pass the ball around instead of just holding down sprint and ending up in a 1v1 situation with the GK as you do in normal unmodded gameplay. And then there is the added physicality between players too. Absolute amazing job @Anth James! Well done! :)

The only feedback I have is in regards to the passing distance which I find to be too short and/or weak. I see there is an optional add-on but would be great if this can be fine tuned more in the future without the need of it.

Just lost to A. Bilbao with R. Madrid because of my mistakes and missing chances but I loved every second of it! It felt really authentic and challenging.
EA should divide gameplay modes into 3; Sim, Competitive,Arcade just like they do in Madden series and put Anth in charge of Sim gameplay so that our console friends can experience this beautiful game of football.

A little nitpick, as someone said, passing feels a bit slow and weak no matter how long I press the button.

AI tried to show off but fails! Hahaha loved it 😂

Thanks so much guys, very happy to hear this! Haha I’d love to be in charge of the sim gameplay!

With the passing speed/power, it’s difficult to explain but ‘NG’ FIFA has a bit of a strange passing mechanic system. It adjusts the speed/power of the pass based on the distance/target the game thinks you’re trying to hit. So say you’re trying to smash the ball at a player who is 3 yards away, it won’t happen no matter how much you hold the button down, it will just adjust accordingly. I have done some things to work on this, and I will look again.

Which version of the mod are you playing on? Slow, medium or fast? If you’re on slow or medium, try adding the ‘fast passing speed’ add on as priority. This way you can play on slow or medium movement but with the fast passing speed and hopefully it helps for you.

Amazing gameplay on the V11, the Player Based Difficulty introduction really gave some individuality to players, using their best stats to their advantages, being dribbling, crossing, long shots! You can see here that Chelsea had 10 crosses, and long shots! Thiago Silva was also roaming around the pitch up there, and I even was bombarded with AI corners! World Class really is hard and the new changes make it that more amazing, bravo! No crashes so far on my side.
You can also see that even Bournemouth didn't give me an easy time, didn't even need to use any sliders to have a more competitive, hard gameplay. Love it!

is this with including camera mod?
I havent touched EA FC for one month and will wait for a release of this GP Mod for Public. Only have 2 hours left on Trial version 🤣

Last edited:
is this with including camera mod?
I havent touched EA FC for one month and will wait for a release of this GP Mod for Public. Only have 2 hours left on Trial version 🤣
eSim broadcast CAM mod with default settings ingame :D

Maybe get the full version on discount.. heard there is issues using mods with the trial version, and trust me, with this gp mod, you will buy the whole game lol

Anth had said that he made the mod available to everyone but still nothing, I think he wants you to sign up!!!!

eSim broadcast CAM mod with default settings ingame :D

Maybe get the full version on discount.. heard there is issues using mods with the trial version, and trust me, with this gp mod, you will buy the whole game lol
okay but also for Esim there is no free public version. For me i really need this cam mod, default cam really sucks.

Anth had said that he made the mod available to everyone but still nothing, I think he wants you to sign up!!!!
Anth is using his free time(must be taking alot of free time) to create a thousand times more off a playable enjoyable gameplay for us, then the standard default gameplay that EA is giving for us offline players..I think that it is not that difficult to just wait for the free release or just sign up(even if it is only for a short period of time)

I think this man deserves some respect for what he has done for the evo web community(past and present).

I think I have solved it with the goalkeepers, the problem lies in the speed of shots, lowered to 48, goalkeeping skills 70 and it is resolved for the moment, then I add that I am an anth member, it is right that he is supported for the time he dedicates to everyone

Anth is using his free time(must be taking alot of free time) to create a thousand times more off a playable enjoyable gameplay for us, then the standard default gameplay that EA is giving for us offline players..I think that it is not that difficult to just wait for the free release or just sign up(even if it is only for a short period of time)

I think this man deserves some respect for what he has done for the evo web community(past and present).
Appreciate your kind words, thank-you man. You're spot on, it's definitely taking a ton of time to get these areas playing like they are!

For those waiting on a public release of an official V1, I definitely am going to do this but I'm still yet to get around to all aspects of the gameplay for an initial drop. The mod is in a really good position at the moment and I'm in the process of looking at fouls and goalkeepers, but it's a very delicate area.

I said a while back that my initial plan was to release the mod in stages as I finish them (movement, passing, physics etc) but this didn't seem to be a model that worked for a lot of reasons, so I've decided to get around to things as a whole and then do a first version public release.

It's very difficult to explain, but having a solid foundation to build from is so important. It allows me to adjust things from a place of stability, offer add-ons/customisation options for people and still be able to keep the core gameplay mod in place. It's not just a matter of changing a few values on a whim and hitting export - that's the fastest way to get an unbalanced mod. I'm trying to avoid an all too common position where you end up chasing your tail for the whole year always chopping and changing.

Back
Top Bottom