AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

I like it. He intercepted some desicive balls as a midfielder and quickly caused dangerous attacks. Could be very useful in the CL.

My only problem is our defence. Zambrotta is out of our CL squad so unless Vila stuns us Antonini will have to do. Then the CB issue, Nesta and Yepes might work in the CL. Yepes has been really good and even stopped Messi(:D) in preseason but I am really worried if Nesta stays injured til the Spurs match. Oddo seems to won back a place as our second RB.

Last edited:

It's nice to know he is doing so well, I'm proud of him :)
He has quality anywhere in the pitch and can easily be an old fashioned libero.

Very fine display from Rossoneris today. I find it quite attractive how Robinho's goals were set up. :)

Looks like Milan and Spurs are both ready for each other with 2 victories.

Should be a good one!

Yup should be a good game at San Siro. Is Abate going to be ready by Tuesday? The thought of Oddo or Bonera handling Tottenham's fast wingers is a nightmare.

Anyway Allegri said Silva might play in midfield and Seedorf will almost surely start(:() since he was pulled out at half time so Pato will probably be dropped to the bench. I am thinking something like this is surely gonna be played:

----------Abbiati-------------
--Abate-Nesta-Yepes-Antonini--
----Gattuso-Silva-Flamini-----
----------Seedorf-------------
-------Robinho-Ibra-----------

Very good defensively. Yepes has been awesome this season and can handle anyone. I just hope Seedorf doesn't get booed out again.

Last edited:

Spurs are in trouble, No Bale, Modric or 'Der Vaart potentially and 'Arry will get a shock with his "no tactics philosophy"

Well Bale flew to Milan to have a last day check and Harry said VDV will play.

What is the "no tactics philosophy"? Pass to Bale and VDV? :D

Aren't you allowed to have 1 added in the new squad after January, Remember Huntelaar for Madrid.

I don't get fielding Seedorf or Pato instead of Robinho. We'll see. Thiago Silva in midfield is awesome.

Abate has been awesome this season. I trust him. Antonini might cause headaches and Seedorf will be replaced in the summer.

Actually, the company that owns 45% of Ganso said that they have a deal with Milan and 10% for Ganso himself. The other 45% are being discussed with Santos and we are monitering his injury comeback.

I still think Robinho will be chosen ahead of Pato in the line-up and Ibra being a prick clearly said in an interview that he prefers Robinho today.

Last edited:

Asshole! Very bad thing he did. Being elbowed by Crouch all game must have been to much for his ego.

We don't deserve to go through. I knew this would happen. Our team lacks grit - same as Leonardo's Milan. One thing Ancelotti did well, and what world class managers are capable of, is getting the team mentally prepared for big games. We've disappointed this year in all the big games.

The first half was Seedorf and everyone else trying to chip it into the box and not being calm when it came to short and simple passing. In the second half, Seedorf came off and we started playing faster and shorter football, which made us the better side - but still no hunger. We seriously need a player to connect the midfield to attack, a la Kaka/Rui Costa. Pato needs to start games, or he will leave or never get consistent.

Antonini can't be our starting left back, we need to sign someone who can offer stability.

Our team is too new. I'd say 1 or 2 years to finally be a European contender again. I won't even bother to be optimistic for the 2nd leg. I know how it will end - 2 or 3 goals for Spurs.

Lost all respect for Rino today.

What a f'n sad old pathetic loser he's become. Was whining and complaining the WHOLE match! The captain who starts beating the ground and the grass lol and has the shortest fuse in the history of makind! :LOL:

He embarassed himself and all of Milan unfortunately (being the captain and representative) in the eyes of the world today with the way he acted and how he had no control over his emotions.

Won't be missed in 2nd leg either. Boateng and Ambrosini could both do a better job.

p.s. Yepes' foul on Gomes was hilarious! :LOL:
Professionalism at its best! He truly showed his vast experience there! :D

Ganso is a classic trequartista, exactly what you need. He has incredibly quick feet, but what impresses the most about him it's his vision and intelligence.

The only 'but' is that he's only played about a year at top level, but before his injury he was being hailed as the best Brazilian player, and people blame our World Cup loss at Dunga not calling him (and Neymar).

YouTube - Paulo Henrique "Ganso"- O Maestro da Vila

And I hope we don't let Pirlo leave for nothing at the end of the season and get someone to cover for him, well maybe Van Bommel is going to do so but still Pirlo will be very missed. Juve want to him.

Last edited:

Why on Earth Alegri fields 3 holding midfielders for a home fixture? Gattuso, Flamini and Thiago Silva, who's not even a midfielder to start with!
No wonder there was no creativity at all in the midfield.
Seedorf was ineffective, Ibra was shockingly shit and Robinho was innocuous as well. They were trying too many chips and vertical plays against a wall of defenders. It was like watching someone bumping his head against a wall for 90 minutes. Spurs parked the bus and took their chance with a brilliant counter by Lennon.

I still don't know why that terrible Yepes was partnered with Nesta, while Thiago Silva plays out of his position, while the midfield isn't capable of being creative.

I really don't know why Leonardo got sacked to be replaced by this manager.

We have too many injuries and not enough players. Leonardo is good at attacking, but his teams have no structure - look at Inter.... they concede so many goals and have trouble against structured teams.

Pirlo, Ambrosini and Boateng are injured.

Rino must have learnt the 'Glasgow kiss' from his time at Rangers, although I'm not sure Joe Jordan is a wise choice of recipient.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom