AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

Great goal.

Why are they playing a friendly when the season has started?

EDIT: Have they started yet? I thought I saw a few games played for Barca? must have been dreaming them :))

Last edited:

The season hasn't started in Spain or Italy, it starts this weekend! The trophy is called the Gamper Cup, and its every year. It's also an opportunity for us to negotiate for Ibrahimovic.

The season hasn't started in Spain or Italy, it starts this weekend! The trophy is called the Gamper Cup, and its every year. It's also an opportunity for us to negotiate for Ibrahimovic.

Yeah just had a look. I thought I saw a few spanish results? they must have been friendlies aswell. Silly me :))

Do you think you will get Ibra? and for how much?

No one knows what's going to happen, but negotiations are official. I think its going to be a loan + cash + a player such as Borriello or Huntelaar on loan. But no one really knows whats going on. There are rumors that City are trying to hijack the deal, those fuckers.

Press says Ibra deal is done. Last night Barcelona rejected a one year loan deal with Milan paying half his wages.

Galliani: "The main problem now is the salary of the player."

Looks like there is a club agreement and looks like Ibra wants the move. I doubt he will move to Man City, he rejected Milan to join Inter just to play in CL but money talks.

Ibra is still a prick in my books. He's an Interista at heart and a mercenary. But he might be what we need to add some personality to our attack.... but this sucks of it means the end of Borriello. I really rate him and thought he had a strong season with us.

EDIT- THANK GOD.

Galliani: "La strada è ancora lunga, direi che le probabilità che l'affare si concluda sono del 50%. Vorrei chiarire inoltre che Borriello non è in vendita, mentre abbiamo una trattativa per Huntelaar".

"The road is long, I'd say that the possibility of the transfer is 50%. I want to clarify that Borriello is NOT FOR SALE. We have a negotiation for Huntelaar"

Last edited:

Huntelaar is out. Apparently, it will either be Ibra or Robinho. Ibrahimovic is first choice and the Robinho threat can actually push Ibra and his agent to pull their prices down. The yellow tie means Galliani wants him. :D

103634940.jpg

:LOL: I seriously see no truth in the Robinho rumors. I think it's just media BS. We've openly admitted our interest in Ibra and really doubt we're after Robinho since we have Pato and Ronaldinho in that position. Borriello is awesome, but Ibra offers just a bit more.

I remember Sky asking Galliani before every CL game in 2007 about his tie choice, and he'd always confess that he was superstitious.

Anyway.... it started off pretty pessimistic, but I actually really like our squad.

Strikers: Pato-Borriello-Inzaghi-Oduamadi-Ibrahimovic (?)
Attacking Mid: Ronaldinho-Seedorf-Merkel
Midfield: Ambrosini-Flamini-Gattuso-Boateng-Pirlo
Defence: Nesta-Thiago Silva-Onyewu-Bonera-Yepes-Papasthathopoulos
Flanks: Antonini-Abate-Jankulovski-Bonera/Papa
Goalies: Abbiati-Amelia-Roma

Our defence improved, but other than that we are still the same. Yepes was great yesterday but I don't know what was going on with Abate. Bojan and Adriano ran rings around him.

Robinho rumours might be true though. He said it and he might fit with Pato as a CF like his role in the NT.

EDIT - Seems Galliani confirmed Robinho as alternative.

Last edited:

I liked that Boateng guy, he's kind of Keita but with better technique and less brain. Hope he doesn't end as another wasted talent.

Rumors saying that Flamini might leave if Zlatan comes in order to reduce our wage bill. Sounds like bullshit since Allegri said he's really important.

Congratulations for your Lecce game! Haven't seen it but the number of goal scoring opportunities reminds me of Barcelona games. Ronnie's rabona... brilliant!

I really hope that he found some strength to play brilliant every game now that he had some proper closure with the Camp Nou.

Cheers!

Champions league list.

A List:
Gk: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma.
D: Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Oddo, Jankulovski, Zambrotta, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Antonini.
M: Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini, Abate, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Boateng.
F: Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ronaldinho.

B List
Pato, Strasser

we had to stick Pato in the youth list for more space.

Last edited:

So how you think your going to line-up this season Stef? how much better off do you think the team is compared to last season?

No way the 4 of them can play together unless we were behind in some situations but one of the main things Leonardo requested last year was a wide attacker. Last year, he had to resort to playing Huntelaar on the wing and worse, loaning Mancini from Inter to get cover. Robinho will do that now. Leonardo would have been happy with this squad. :D

Milan will line up the same as Lecce game with Ibrahimovic instead of Borriello. It will be interesting if Allegri sticks with Bonera as his main RB.

Edit - Just realized Onyewu is not in the squad. I always thought he would be ahead of Jankulovski. Is he injured?

Last edited:

No way the 4 of them can play together unless we were behind in some situations but one of the main things Leonardo requested last year was a wide attacker. Last year, he had to resort to playing Huntelaar on the wing and worse, loaning Mancini from Inter to get cover. Robinho will do that now. Leonardo would have been happy with this squad. :D

Milan will line up the same as Lecce game with Ibrahimovic instead of Borriello. It will be interesting if Allegri sticks with Bonera as his main RB.

Edit - Just realized Onyewu is not in the squad. I always thought he would be ahead of Jankulovski. Is he injured?

I think you're right about Robinho. I think Onyewu will never play a Milan game again :(.

Anyway, I think Bonera will rotate with Papa for the right back role, it seems Milan have lost faith in Abate as a RB.

I hope this isn't a case of adding 2 big names to the strike force to compensate for Pato maybe leaving soon (Unless its to United!)

Really doubt it. Milan paid 22M on Pato not to let him go before his peak. He still has a lot to offer and the management would be stupid to sell him now. Totally diffrent case to Kaka and Shevchenko. Might be to compensate Ronaldinho's departure as this is his last year in his current contract. Hope he kills it before he leaves. :)

Robinho and Ibrahimovic were rare opportunities each for a cut price and their are elections soon. Come on, Ibra cheaper than Lescott.

Anyway, I think Bonera will rotate with Papa for the right back role, it seems Milan have lost faith in Abate as a RB.

Abate against Barcelona was a disaster. I am not going to judge him on that game but Bojan and Adriano were too much for him to handle but Allegri said he will use him as a RB. Bonera and Papa are good laid back RB's but if we have them both and Zambrotta and Abate, why did we renew for Oddo? I guess he took a huge paycut and accepted to be a last choice RB.

Last edited:

Let's be rational here, I doubt AC Milan will sell Pato soon.
They will, but probably when he will be 29 or something like that, just like happened to Shevchenko, Kakà and, yes, Albertini.
As Zeem said, Robinho has been probably bought to compensate Dinho's departure, which is a pity as he has really grown on me.

About Abate, I really hope he won't play and I think he won't, from what I've heard Allegri likes to play with an offensive and a fully defensive side back.
I just don't know if he considers Antonini a defensive or an offensive side back, truth is that we badly need a decent Right Back, could it be the Papa?

Oh Dear! No Benni would of love his view.... I think the Dutchman was the missing factor maybe . I think a slow change would be needed can`t throw in players in just for the sake of it.

Anyone see that Ibra incident in training? He is real bad ass and attention freak. Well we already knew that. Seems they got into an arguement later and quickly got settled.

YouTube - Ibrahimovic not kidding with Strasser ! Never :p~

We got a treasure in Prince. Very technically gifted and plays with great mentality. He should get some playing time now in the weekend as Ambrosini got a knock. Pato and Antonini seem be injured also.

WTF?!? :-S

I would've liked to see him do that to Prince Boateng or Gattuso lool.

Back
Top Bottom