AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread

excellent rout the Milan vs Genoa (5-2) Borriello Powa's :D . It's amazing how many there were penalty kicks in the game for the Milan.

we follow 2nds

pd. I liked the performance of Beckham

Last edited:

Really flying now.

Ronaldinho gets better every time I see him, nice to see Borriello notching up two more, Becks playing his part as well. Reckon we'll see Huntelaar starting more often if Pato is out injured?

Looking forward to the CL matches now, win or lose (hopefully win :D) it's good to see Milan finding some form again.

With the Arsenal match postponed I got to watch Milan and it was amazing indeed. Beckham and Ronaldinho remembered me of 0506 season where I'd stop everything to watch a Barça or Madrid match just for those players (and Zidane, Ronaldo...)

Really interested to see the players Leo chooses to start tomorrow.

I am having concerns over starting Seedorf. He is good in attack, but defence wise we suffer a lot. We had a tough time against Marseille and Real from the counter. I would love to see Pirlo in Seedorf's role and play Ambrosini with Gatusso/Flamini.

Another thing is the full-backs. Abate and Antonini are good but I wouldn't be surprised if Leo fields Bonera and Jankulovski.

Also, Borriello might miss the match so it might be up to Huntelaar or Inzaghi who is a good option. Can't wait for the clash though. :)

I'm very disappointed with Gattuso lately. I don't think he warrants a starting spot in the recent weeks. I think we should play like this:

-----------Huntelaar-----------
Ron----------------------Pato-
-----------------------------
-----Becks(Seed)---Ambro--------
------------Pirlo-------------
Jank----Silva------Nesta---Abate-
-----------Abbiati------------

You're right about Seedorf. But he has been vital in big games with a lot of pressure. Alternatively, I'd actually play Beckham where Seedorf plays, because his determination and his long passing is absolutely stunning. I'm struggling to come up with solutions for left back... and I hope Abbiati starts ahead of Dida because I seriously don't trust him.

Anyway, I'm honestly not confident, and to be honest not expecting much from us. We have shown, basically all season, that we are very poor against organized team. I'm expecting Milan to get CL qualification and to finish 2nd, but I don't expect us to progress. Our team lacks compactness and organization, so a team like United will probably dismantle us easily.

Once again your defence was weak in comparision to your attack. Yet you gave a nice football show, typically brazilian. R80 was godlike today.

Yeah definately the more brazillian like show from Milan. Was nice to witness.

Well that was quite disappointing, but you can't ask for more. We played good and the first MU goal that changed the game was a joke. They outsmarted us and took advantage of Antonini being out and focused on the left side. The American commentator said it was a great trick by Scholes. :D

Ronaldinho - Quite a show man. Great technical skills and one of those guys you can count on to lead you to victory especially when he s this motivated but the thing that kills him is his physical ability. He doesn't defend and that is why MU focused on the left side all game and their goals came from there.

Pato - Maybe invisible but he limited Evra going forward all the game and that was good.

Favalli - No way he was gonna keep up with a fresh legged Valencia. He outpaced him easily.

Onething I have to add, it was great to see how Antonini plays with great heart.

This was a strange match. In the first half Milan was by far the better team but Manchester (also) scored a lucky goal.
In the second half i had the feeling Milan was knackered and Man Utd was physical the strongest team.
I was very disappointed with Beckham, Huntelaar and to a lesser degree Pato (i still don't see what all the fuss around Pato is about, but i rarely see him play...).
The big difference between both teams however was the goalkeeper. Vander Sar was terrific and Dida was weak. I don't see how it is possible that Rooney's header left Dida without reaction and that for a GK that is very big...
Milan needs younger players and a good goalkeeper. And get rid of Huntelaar and Beckham.
Milan played the better football, but as usual Man Utd were the moire efficiënt team.

Yeah that sums it up pretty well gerd. We were absolutely clinical, like we were against Arsenal. I thought Milan played well but with a top keeper I don't think we'd have scored 3 goals like that. Scholes' goal was lucky with the finish, but the move that led to it was the best passage of play of the night up to that point and Ronaldinho's goal was also lucky, taking a huge deflection off Carrick that sent the VDS (who was brilliant) the wrong way.

Ronaldinho was class too, how does he get away with putting a magnet in the ball and his boots before each game without getting caught?! :LOL:

Bonera was very good in the first half but lost his way in the second and we took advantage of Ronaldinho's lack of defensive help and Antonini being replaced by the ageing Favali to good effect by focussing our play down that side.

I thought the referee was poor, he fell for all the diving and bought every cheap trick that was played, also giving countless throws and things to the wrong teams (for both sides) which is a shame and I hope we get a better one for the second leg.

It was a good game with poor defending from both sides and I can't wait for the second leg. Slightly different circumstances with the home and away legs being the opposite way round but remember what happened last time we beat you 3-2 in the first leg of a CL match with Rooney scoring twice???? :(:(:(

Yeah Gerd, Pato looks a good player, but nothing out the ordinary, and he was quite woeful last night.

Also didn't rate the left back, was it Antonini? And as for Ambrosini in the middle of the midfield, jeez he was mince, never actually thought he was upto much.

Rooney was superb though and whilst I wholeheartedly agree about Didas being cack in goals, the header was superb and left the goalie with no chance.

FD

Yes Frank, Rooney's header was superb and didn't say that Dida should have stopped it, but he was absolutely without any sort of reaction, a half decent GK would at least have tried a save...Dida didn'thave the slightest clue where that ball would go...that is very bad goal keeping (i was once a goal keeper myself, a bad one, but i know who GK play).

I think Dida could have at least gone forward to catch the ball or box it away. He is tall and it was slowly placed by Valencia. I remember Storari going out on a similar accasion. First and third goal were impossible for him.

Non the less, Milan definately need a keeper. It has been 3 years now since Kalac was introduced as a starter and that should have been the point were we got a good one. Funny we were after Lloris couple of years ago.

Last edited:

I think Dida could have at least gone forward to catch the ball or box it away.
You don't really have to blame Dida on the first goal, because he didn't expect a rebound like that (I scored exactly a goal like that last week so I know how tricky some rebounds are).. Dida is the least lucky goalkeeper on Earth probably..
And on the second, well, Dida has its own responsibilities of course, and so has Bonera.. But that header was supreme!!

It's the THIRD goal that made me go crazy.. When I saw the midfielder keeping possession and Rooney ALL ALONE in the box I was like :SHOCK:, then I saw the cross after several seconds and Rooney still ALL ALONE heading it.. Where the FUNK were the CB's? :RANT::RANT::RANT:

I think blaming Dida is the easiest thing to do.
United's 1st goal was lucky,both in 2nd and 3rd Dida had no chance as his defense had completely abandoned him.
Rooney didn't have much to do as Milan's central defenders were looking at each other.

Not saying they couldn't (Saying that the 1st header was pretty difficult). the point is both goals no keeper would have saved.

Well, it looks like we're back contending the title..
At least, even if Inter is more or less unstoppable (they are even a BIT lucky, look at the last match against Udinese), we'll battle till the end..

Now we need a good win against Roma on saturday, it will not be easy but if we manage to defeat Roma we can still hope..

Shame about Pato, was looking in good form going into the game at OT. Won't complain though but it does increase our chances.

Won't complain though but it does increase our chances.
There would barely have been match even if Pato had managed to play in my opinion.

A 2-3 loss at home means that we have to achieve a 2-goal-difference win away, no matter what. And no, I can't see it happen with the current defense of ACM..
I'm not blaming Nesta or Thiago Silva or whoever you want, but you've seen that we got in big trouble at the back when you decided it was about time to close the match..
So I can't see us scoring 2 goals without conceding, unfortunately :(

Anyway it looks like Pato's injury is lighter than it seemed at the beginning.. :))

Pato didn't add much the first game. From what I have seen in the CL, a fast left back and Pato cancel each other(Taiwo and Evra).

2 goals will be very very very hard, but I expect Leonardo at some point to play 4 attackers at the same time(Seedorf,Ronaldinho,Borriello,Huntelaar)

Last edited:

The second leg will be all about the first goal - when it comes and who scores it. I actually think if Milan score early, say within the first 15, they'll lose, because United are typically good when kicked into action. But if it's 0-0 at the half, and Milan score in, say, the 65th minute, than United will likely concede again.

Of course if United score first that's more or less done and dusted. But it's not massively likely as Fergie tends to play uber-cautious in Europe, and Milan (from the first leg) are more than capable of playing their way through our (makeshift) defence.

Either way, Seedorf's goal has made it a much better spectacle, at least.

But if it's 0-0 at the half, and Milan score in, say, the 65th minute, than United will likely concede again.
Well, it's true.. At least to some extent:
United conceded 2 in San Siro, and after each goal they suffered from a sort of temporary "blackout" that made Milan able to score again (after the 1-0 with Antonini, after the 2-3 with Inzaghi).
So, I expect (well, at least hope) them to behave the same way also in Manchester: if Milan managed to score, they'd probably also have the chance to double the lead a few minutes later, while they "wait" for United to re-organize their play..

Well, I think that Milan should think about Roma first..
Then, once played against Roma, can start talking about Manchester..

We won't have Carrick which is a massive loss. He's great at intercepting passes and the likes of Beckham and Pirlo will probably get the chance to expose that.

Back
Top Bottom