AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread - Grazie Maldini! Leonardo new manager!

Today Bayern should be interesting... Catch it if you can :)

Milan will not win a single pre-season if they continue like this.

What does it take to make the administration realize we need new starting faces.

Last edited:

watch all 4 goals from Munich 3 of them, Milan had 2 players on their backs while being scored

Milan will not win a single pre-season if they continue like this.

What does it take to make the administration realize we need new starting faces.

They need to sign some quality players otherwise I worry about Champions League qualification for next season. The situation is that serious, I feel.

Leonardo is under so much pressure now. He is having a hard time making a proper team.

Pirlo is a shadow, that penalty summed it all up. No figure, no concentration, just like Ronaldinho, but the Brazilian with the additional "I don't care" attitude, i can count from what I saw until today about 2/3 goals that came from Ronaldinho's failed dribble or pass.
Pato is showing up like a huge disappointment, such childish dribbles and naive decisions, if he was playing this when he was in Internacional, Milan would have thought twice about buying the kid.
And when you couldn't ask for a worse attack, you have a remarkably weak defence.This coming from the country of "defenders", AC can be considered the weakest defence in Italy (comparing them to the big names of Serie A).
I really can't see AC winning anything with this old, pale, weak team.

thats a little harsh, not a milan fan i take it?

its a little early to be calling andrea pirlo a shadow of his former self, its preseason.

I'm not, but if I was, then I would be even more pissed off.

Even if it is pre-season, if you watch a Milan game you will see that he never tries anything creative, instead he just keeps making short passes that won't take the team anywhere, that's why you see a short passing Milan until the midfield and then a failure in attack when it gets even shorter.

They need something, don't know what but they sure need at least some1 to make their pay check worth it.

Well he was great at the Confed Cup so he's still got it, maybe he's unhappy with what's happening at Milan and its affecting his performances.

I heard on a football podcast from a Serie A reporter that the reason Milan are reluctant to spend money is that Berlusconi can't be seen to be spending tens of millions on new players when the Italian economy is in trouble. Basically a conflict of interests between his political career and his football team. And, also, Galliani is reportedly forming a consortium to buy out Berlusconi so Milan can start spending again.

Huntelaar is offically a Milan player

Could be the long term replacement for Inzaghi, might not be the best at linking up with team-mates but is deadly around and in the penalty area.

Could be the long term replacement for Inzaghi, might not be the best at linking up with team-mates but is deadly around and in the penalty area.

Yep, as long as Milan give him the service he'll get goals. A limited player but I think he's exactly what Milan need right now.

Brilliant signing. He's one of the best finisher in Europe. He will score goals.

I also think the new year will see a better Milan.

Lol, you can't even go through our midfield. I can only count 1 attempt on goal from you guys and the keeper didn't even had to catch it because the striker missed it. You guys are beyond bad, you just defend deep and try to give pirlo and zambrota the ball, the later is already showing ageing symptoms. You should really prepare yourselves for a Roma 2008/2009 type of season.

To be fair though we had half a team against an almost complete Benfica. No Gattuso, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Huntelaar, Seedorf, Abbiati, or a new full back. This was Di Gennaro and Abate's first game together.

Then, in our defence, we had a second half of our second team. That's why you dominated more, because they don't play together that often. And still you had difficulties. For you guys its another loss, and still no wins this season.

Didn't get to see the game but another loss! wow. As I have seen in preseason Milan are very slow and none of the players missing yesterday can offer that pace. They will probably make the game even slower.

Pato is looking motiveless, maybe just preseason.

I'm going to wait for Serie A before I make any judgements of our squad. We weren't that bad last night, we just lacked organization.

You know, I'd never actually seen Borriello play before (only played on FIFA with him, where he's right footed and class...), but jesus christ, he's fucking terrible.

He reminds me of how bad Gilardino was for you. No pace, completely one footed and really awkward looking on the ball.

Boriello is a very good striker. Gilardino is even better.

Again, I'd wait a bit more. He hasn't play much due to injury last year. Pre Season? Pre season made Pato look like Milan's worst player.

He has a very good shot and can do some amazing bicycle shots but for me Gila is no doubt better :) Just needs to be able to understand Dinho mastermind in playing and passing like Eto'o used to and he'll be good. Dinho actually gave him a few class passes he wasn't able to catch which made Dinho really pissed against Bayern :D

Well..I was at the stadium. First of all, I must say Milan players were class. Lots of fairplay so some of their players were even clapped...
About the match itself, Benfica controlled the match while having the first team on the pitch..We haven't created many chances but Milan's first shot happen on 60th minute, I think.
I don't think these matches have much importance...Milan lacked some players, and Benfica lacked Maxi Pereira and changed almost whole team on the second half.
Ronaldinho is a shadow of what he used to be...last time he played against us it was on CL quarter finals (the year they won it against Arsenal)..so it was quite a difference.
Nice to see Pato vs Sidnei (since they were team mates at Internacional)..I think Sidnei had an amazing match.. even tho he scored the own goal.

Oh..it was also nice not to concede a goal from Pirlo for a change..eheh
It's great to see Aimar back to the form that made him famous.. talking about Pirlo :):

Back
Top Bottom