AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread - Grazie Maldini! Leonardo new manager!

We also got 18 year old Zigoni. Finally some youth.

So who do you think will be the best striker? Huntelaar, Fabiano, or Adebayor.

Huntelaar. My first choice too. Sevilla want £25m for Fabiano and we wont offer it. I also think he is extremely overrated and would be the new Ricardo Oliveira. Huntelaar has an impressive goal record and is perfect as a target man. Real seem to want around £15m.

Last edited:

Huntelaar is one of those players in Real that are on "sale" right now. If you want him, go get him, he is going to be "cheap" as far as cheap in football goes. lol

Prices are going crazy. 25 mill for a 28 year old overrated striker who's goal record is very average. Rules should definitely do something.

15 mill for Huntelaar seems very fair, but I think he is second choice to Fabiano.

Huntelaar. He'll score goals, it's that simple.

Can't link up for anything though, same as signing Owen really except the 15M :))

huntelaar is good madrid just broke him youll need to fix him up a bit but i reckon hell be good, and youll get a few more years out of him than ancient fabiaNO aka oldinho

Dzeko was the perfect man.

For me I'd get a short term solution like van Nistelrooy who is very cheap now and go for Dzeko next term when Inzaghi retires. Anyway, I think it is going to be very hard for Milan to compete for CL this season. There are many better teams.

The first team is good but our subs need experience.

I just watched the Leonardo conference and I'm quite excited. I like his ideas and am liking the new direction Milan will take. Several youth players took part in the pre-season training session today and there was talk about focussing on our youth more than before.

I also like the way he said we will need to focus on speeding up our game and keeping the ball to ground. Probably with 1 main striker and 2 trequartisti or 2 forwards. He also said that we wont rely on Ronaldinho and that he's going to be a forward like our other options, and its up to him if he wants to reach his heights again.

Its also official that we've bid for both Fabiano and Huntelaar, and its possible that both will join.

Did anyone see the fans cheering for Leonardo, Borriello and Ambrosini? Good to see the fans want Borriello... i have high hopes for him and think he's a potential replacement for Toni in the national team.

I also found out that Abate has the highest amount of successful crosses from last season! Quite useful... he also had a good under 21 tournament with Italy.

Fabiano, Huntelaar, and Boriello? A bit much that.

I think realistically only one of the two will come. But I imagine it will be Borriello, Inzaghi, Di Gennaro and one of the two.

It also seems the Cissokho transfer is still possible.

---------------------Borriello--------------------
---------------(Pippo, Zigoni, New guy)--------------------
Ronaldinho -----------------------------------Pato-----
(Di Gennaro) ---------------------------------(Abate)--
----------------------------------------------------
-------------Ambrosini (C) --- Pirlo ---- Gattuso -------------
--------------------(Flamini, Seedorf)------------------
-----------------------------------------------------
Cissokho --------Silva-----------Nesta------Zambrotta----
(Jank)---(Kaladze,Favalli)---(Bonera, Darmian)-(Oddo,Antonini)----
-----------------------------------------------------
----------------------Abbiati-----------------------

Last edited:

What happened to Hernanes? Heard he was to sign for you guys?

I think that was if Pirlo was sold, but today they said that he was never on sale and is staying 100%.

I see

Well, you guys should get Huntelaar, he'd be a bargain. He's got the potential to reach the likes of Crespo and Trezeguet.

Shame the Dzeko transfer broke. He's very good.

Still think there's space for another attacking midfielder there.

We still need some midfielders, unless we are willing to give Cardaccio a chance which is good.

I doubt Milan will get both striker, if they had it they would have gone for Dzeko.

Cissokho I think will come, he wants the Milan move, but then Oddo will definitely leave, too many right backs with Flamini, Zambrotta, Bonera, and Oddo able to cover.

Another winger may also be needed, but again if Janku can play there and we are willing to give Viudez a chance, then good.

Overall good team, but IMO not ready to win the CL. Hope I'm wrong. My hopes are Pato can make the diffrence.

Last edited:

did you see last ridicoulous interview of Berlusconi? he told that Milan's roster is actually really better than Inter's one ...

Roster wise, Inter were better last season when we had Kaka and they didn't have Milito and Motta. That's reality.

Overall good team, but IMO not ready to win the CL. Hope I'm wrong. My hopes are Pato can make the diffrence.

not that its a negative thing or anything but its interesting that you say "to win the CL" and not the league. would you rather win the cl than the league?

pato will be world class he is already brilliant, who knows where his greatness will end

I think we made a very clever signing today. Onyewu on a free transfer. This guy is a beast... we need someone physical. I think he'll be what we expected Senderos to be.

so we have MALDINI'S SUCCESSOR !!!:P

i'm joking

It's one of those no-lose deals, like our Owen deal, as either he was play well and prove to be an astute signing or he will fail but because he was a free agent, there wouldn't be much lost in terms of money.

Exactly. His contract is likely to be quite basic too, so there's nothing really to lose.

Back
Top Bottom