AC Milan Thread

Re: The AC Milan Thread - Grazie Maldini! Leonardo new manager!

Hmmm...Galliani said today during the presentation of Leonardo that it would be extremely difficult to keep Kaka and Pato during this window....

I doubt. Kaka and Pato are the only players that run at Milan. Will to watch the conference though.

Surprised to see Ancelloti leave and more surprised by seeing Leonardo take the helm of AC Milan.

But I guess it's nothing compared at Ancelotti going to Chelsea.

I can see Kaka going, The only reason the move to City didn't happen was because it was City, With Real coming in with a similar offer I can't see Galliani and Berlusconi rejecting it. Pato on the other won't be going anywhere for a while.

Galliani and Berlusconi didn't reject the City offer. Kaka did, and he has always said he will only leave if Milan want him to. If Real come in with an offer, then yes he might leave sadly.

Kaka's had his medical for the move to Real, Looks like its going to happen

what will your squad look like for the upcoming season?

I think leonardo is going to try to rehab Ronaldinho and place him in Kakás role as amf, Playing in the back of the striker/s.

Something happened to Ronaldinho before the 2006 World Cup (though you could argue it might've happened before the 06 Champions League final), and whatever it was, it's affected him ever since.

I'd love to get to the bottom of it and see what happened to change him so rapidly.

Maybe it was a fit or something like Ronaldo before the 98 World Cup, but it's affected him enough that he can't play like he used to.

Doubt he'll ever get back to being the same though.

I now what happened to him, i saw it on TV on his biography.
His biggest advisor and supporter died, his father.
He was the one that kept him motivated and always growing, he was the only one that wasn't attracted for his money unlike his mother and his agent, his brother, that only cares about their finances, its sad but its true.
Since his fathers death, he asked for help from his family, they denied to help him, then he tried to ask for help in barcelona but back then, he was playing awfully and all the issues with rijkaard just made his bond with barcelona weaker and weaker by the minute.
While all this was happening, he felt into a kind of depression hence the fat tummy and the bad shape of his "football brain" since he didn't practice with rijkaard.
Then Barcelona and him just couldn't take it any more and in the Pep Guardiola revolution he wasn't part of his plan, and if you watch closely he wouldn't have a spot in the first team, the plan for peps team was already built on his mind and ronaldinho wasn't part of it.
Then came Milan a team that he actually thought that could help him and give him, his happiness again.
Turns out he didn't get the playing time he wanted and his bad shape was still there, but now with a Brazilian coach that already stated that he wanted to bring the "old" ronaldinho back, seems like he will be the new Kaká of AC. Hope he makes it so Serie A can get the Juve Inter and AC back on their real historical levels.

Last edited:

KAKA': IL COMUNICATO UFFICIALE DELL'A.C.MILAN
09/06/2009

MILANO - Dalla prossima stagione Kakà giocherà nel Real Madrid. L’A.C. Milan ringrazia l’uomo Kakà e il grande campione Kakà per il suo contributo decisivo alle tante vittorie conseguite nei sei anni del suo impegno rossonero. La perdita tecnica, pur grave, potrà essere colmata. Sarà invece molto difficile riempire il vuoto che lascerà l’uomo Kakà, fulgido esempio di serietà, di impegno e di professionalità. L’A.C. Milan, interpretando i voti dei dirigenti, dei giocatori e dei sostenitori rossoneri, formula a lui i più cordiali ed affettuosi auguri per il proseguimento della sua carriera sportiva.

Official - Kaka' to Madrid.

Six year contract. Wonder what the fee is...

Shame :(( I hate Real and this just helps their ego, Milan will move on im sure. I think the fee is around 70M

I doubt roanldinho can become again a star player. When you haven't worked properly ofr almost 3 years, your body changes. You can't imagine any athlete doing this. He has damaged his body just a tad too much, I think. Add depression to this...

I know it's extremely difficult to survive these environments. Think of all the people he has around sucking from him. It must be really a shocking experience and you must feel really alone. I feel pitty for him, he was always smiling and enjoying football. Hope he can, at least, play regularly again somewhere!

How are Milan fans taking this Kaka situation?
At 27 years old and the price that you got for him, I guess you cant really argue but how important was he during the last season at Milan?

Way when we got Ronaldinho I knew he was leaving. Got over that through out the season. Shevchenko on the other hand was harder to take in because it was sudden.

This season, well wasn't in top form due to injuries but he managed to get 16 goals(although half penalties but still 8 goals for an attacking midfielder who played half a season is excellent). We missed his impressive runs this season but he still manages to do those with his NT :) Plus, everytime he was injured, Milan were in terrible form.

Surely he reached his prime and is in it right now but I don't think a player like Kaka will loose much of his standards. Surely his speed will get down in a couple of years but Kaka is not only about speed. His playmaking, passing,shooting,finishing,impact,.... are awesome. Classic numbers 10's tend to keep great part of their top form and level.

Pato will be a huge huge loss if he leaves now! and it might happen :(

As for the price, well it doesn't matter, as we will probably invest 30/80 mill of those we got from him and Gourcuff. :D

Last edited:

I think Milan will regret someday what they did to gourcuff.

Pato ain't going no where!

Thanks Kaka for everything. He didn't even want to leave us. He wanted to finish with us but we needed the money. He is a great player, one of the best to wear the Milan shirt. I hope he misses us and remembers what he has achieved at this club. Thanks Kaka!

Apparantly Pato is having talks with Ancelotti (:SS) before he decides what to next. Not sure why he'd be having talks with a Coach from another club, Isnt that tapping up?!

Good news is though your getting the "New Shevchenko" in Dzeko :))

Last edited:

Pato won't go 100%. I'm quite excited about this new Milan. Since Kaka is gone, it means we can finally play wide. It seems we want Dzeko badly and are linked to Mexes again!!!! imo Kaka's form was poor for most of this season due to injuries... so maybe it was the right time to let him go. It sucks losing him mentally and emotionally... but based on performance he was very mediocre.

-------Dzeko-----
Ronaldinho-----Pato
-----------------
--Gattuso----Ambro-
-------Pirlo------
------------------
Zamb-Silva--Mexes-Flam
-------Abbiati------

Loving it!

Last edited:

Surely Milan won't sell Pato and Pirlo as rumored?!

Please don't!

Stef you can kiss Pirlo goodbye methinks

I think he will ultimately stay. But if he goes, good money. I don't think his gameplan fits Milan anymore. For every player leaving there will be a substitute and depending whos out there, I think Pirlo will stay. He's happy here and wont have to compete with Bollocks and Lampard.

Shevchenko, Senderos and Mattioni are not staying with us too!!! Woopee!!! Abate and hopefully Paloschi will return.

Last edited:

Ste, loosing pirlo would be an immense disgrace, as he has a much bigger impact on a team than any kaka, ronaldo, messi or ibra.
there's no such thing as "good money" for him, as u would never find someone who could possibly take his place.
the closest thing to andrea would be xavi, who is not even on par with andrea (and never will)..... and obviously laporta would never sell him.

there's just no offer wich could possibly justify his departure, aswell as there are no words to really picture the unbelievable contribution he can give to a team.

did u see italy's game yesterday. he completely changed the match as soon as he entered into the pitch. i was watching the game with some friends, and any pass he did there was a collective "oooohhhhhh!"
it was just ridiculous.... and what's even more ridiculous is that it was a quite standard performance by him.

thank God he's still 30! they should clone him before he gets old :P

Ste, loosing pirlo would be an immense disgrace, as he has a much bigger impact on a team than any kaka, ronaldo, messi or ibra.
there's no such thing as "good money" for him, as u would never find someone who could possibly take his place.
the closest thing to andrea would be xavi, who is not even on par with andrea (and never will)..... and obviously laporta would never sell him.

there's just no offer wich could possibly justify his departure, aswell as there are no words to really picture the unbelievable contribution he can give to a team.

did u see italy's game yesterday. he completely changed the match as soon as he entered into the pitch. i was watching the game with some friends, and any pass he did there was a collective "oooohhhhhh!"
it was just ridiculous.... and what's even more ridiculous is that it was a quite standard performance by him.

thank God he's still 30! they should clone him before he gets old :P

Completely agree Ben, Pirlo is the most important, and can't be replaced.

That's why I want Xabi to stay. He may not be as good as Pirlo, but if he goes, who is going to replace him? No one, there's no one good enough. And he's the most important player in the team. He had a similar effect in our first game of the season, when he came on at half time. Changed the game.

-------Dzeko-----
Ronaldinho-----Pato
-----------------
--Gattuso----Ambro-
-------Pirlo------
------------------
Zamb-Silva--Mexes-Flam
-------Abbiati------

Loving it!

Oh wait till Ancelotti leaves to get a big guy upfront. :D Hope the deal goes through.

Leonardo said he was going to play with 2 attackers but seeing how Pato tends to go on the sides this is how it will be.

Few comments I have on formation:

1. You can't put Silva ahead of Nesta just yet, maybe Never. Even in the last game against Fiorentina, Nesta showed what a class defender he is. Still got it.

2. I still think we need a LB. We were after one in the winter, a top class one Galliani said, hope he still has that in mind. Plus, Zambrotta said many times that h prefers right side and Flamini always said he came to play in the midfield. We got Oddo back but I doubt Milan will keep him.

3. I think we need a GK also. Abbiati is good, but still not world-class. Catches ball at 2 times and cost us some goals this season.

4. As for Pirlo, we are blessed to have a player like him in our team. Only a few like him and those teams never sell these kind of players. Liverpool I hear just resisted a big offer from Real for Xabi.

5. I am counting on Pato to be our superstar now that Kaka is gone. Should be interesting to see how he does this season.

Regardless of what people think, I think Ronnie will really prove himself this season. Against Roma when we were losing... he came on and was actually incredible. Beating defender after defender without any effort... something Kaka hasn't been able to do in the last few months.

Well good luck with Cissoko, you got a player with loads of potencial.

He is still way too green IMO to take a starting position at Milan, but I was also thinking that when he joined Porto and kept improved alot after each game he played.

The way he positions himself is the worst. Needs to work on that.

Hope this means we can keep Alves, Lisandro, Lucho and Hulk.

Regardless of what people think, I think Ronnie will really prove himself this season. Against Roma when we were losing... he came on and was actually incredible. Beating defender after defender without any effort... something Kaka hasn't been able to do in the last few months.

Was it this game?

YouTube - Ronaldinho skills vs Roma 24.5.09

Back
Top Bottom