WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

"hey i hear you can hange your socks and shorts etc in the game somehow i.e you can have your home shirt with away shorts and socks? tis true? if so how?"

True, you press triangle and you switch between the two teams using L1 and R1. You can then change anything like having home shirt, away shorts and home socks, it is amazing really, very good addition.

"Are the throwins excactly the same and is there, as in Pes4, usually one receiving player comepletely unguarded if you are fast enough to throw to him?"

Yea they are still the same, pretty hard actually because its like the camera is miles away and you can barely see who your throwing too, I aint seen them suddenly run away at the last second though.

"Do Barca have any new faces?"

I am pretty sure they have a few, wether these were in WE8LE I dont know.

Sulph said:
If you have a cd burner, or a dvd burner, youll be fine..

you can either use the cd2mem option file thingy..
or just patch your game..

......thats ma whole point.... how do u go about patchin the game,.... wat are the procedures.... the devices needed..... if i am not buggin or naggin any of u out there.... can u xplain in details...how to really do this... cos it is not easy to really edit all the teams manually,,,,,

i will really appreciate it.....

sulph... looks like u d only one payin attention to me .... i rlly appreciate ur kindness.

Well to patch you basically need 2 important things.

1- DVD burner or CD burner if you can make RIP of game

2- A method to play your own backup/import games like a modchip or Swap Magic or etc.

then there is many tutorials on how to apply patches if that's what you're asking?? Sorry not sure as i havent read ur previous msgs and in hurry but basically you need to make an ISO out of your WE9 DVD and then take ppfomatic a program you can easily download.. open it and open ISO like it asks and also open PPF file (which is the patch) then press APPLY

then it applies patch to the ISO whether it's a trasnlation patch or a full patch and you can now burn the new ISO and enjoy your patched game :)

Hope that helped..

PLF said:
Well to patch you basically need 2 important things.

1- DVD burner or CD burner if you can make RIP of game

2- A method to play your own backup/import games like a modchip or Swap Magic or etc.

then there is many tutorials on how to apply patches if that's what you're asking?? Sorry not sure as i havent read ur previous msgs and in hurry but basically you need to make an ISO out of your WE9 DVD and then take ppfomatic a program you can easily download.. open it and open ISO like it asks and also open PPF file (which is the patch) then press APPLY

then it applies patch to the ISO whether it's a trasnlation patch or a full patch and you can now burn the new ISO and enjoy your patched game :)

Hope that helped..
wat is a ISO?.... so do u need a dvd-r or any cd would work regardless

If you dont know what an ISO is your a long way from patching the game really, search for PES Insight, they have some tutorials about editing etc.

@mmeny:

please do some research yourself first... I'm afraid patching the game goes way beyond your general computer knowledge...

Ronaldinho88 said:
Do Barca have any new faces? Also is the two foot feint still in the game? And.............Are there any new celebrations for Barca players(in particular Ronaldinho's thing where he flicks his wrists around a bit like this.. \\:o/ except with his little finger aswell) ?

anyone [-o< ???

I have a question.. I got WE9 today and when I play it is black and white. Is this because it is NTCS 60Hz and my TV is PAL 50Hz? :( any way to fix this without buying a new tv?

Rammstone said:
I have a question.. I got WE9 today and when I play it is black and white. Is this because it is NTCS 60Hz and my TV is PAL 50Hz? :( any way to fix this without buying a new tv?

Prob by getting a RGB scart. If you have on already i dont know mate sorry.

Dead Man said:
Prob by getting a RGB scart. If you have on already i dont know mate sorry.

What is a RGB scart? My PlayStation 2 is plugged into my TV using a scart adapter, so the three yellow, red, white goes into a little device before going into my tv. Is this what you mean?

Rammstone said:
What is a RGB scart? My PlayStation 2 is plugged into my TV using a scart adapter, so the three yellow, red, white goes into a little device before going into my tv. Is this what you mean?

That's not it, that's an AV scart adaptor which gives the same picture as just using the three phono leads (I don't know why they bothered with that). An RGB lead you could get for the ps1, I have tried to find ps2 ones in the shops but they're nowhere to be seen. If you have a PS1 scart lead around you'll know it's RGB beause DVD movies will appear all green (you have to pull the lead out of the telly slightly when that happens, which is a mare).

The plus side of RGB leads is that they give a MUCH crisper display, and you can read small writing easily :) but it makes non anti-aliased games look a lot jaggier.

romagnoli said:
An RGB lead you could get for the ps1, I have tried to find ps2 ones in the shops but they're nowhere to be seen. If you have a PS1 scart lead around you'll know it's RGB beause DVD movies will appear all green (you have to pull the lead out of the telly slightly when that happens, which is a mare).

The plus side of RGB leads is that they give a MUCH crisper display, and you can read small writing easily :) but it makes non anti-aliased games look a lot jaggier.
The fitting for RGB lead on the back of the PS2 is the same as the PS1, I've been using my old PS1 lead since I got the PS2 and it works perfectly. The only thing that makes aliasing stand out is the PS2 itself, you just couldn't see it before because the picture quality on non-RGB is so crap ;).

romagnoli said:
That's not it, that's an AV scart adaptor which gives the same picture as just using the three phono leads (I don't know why they bothered with that). An RGB lead you could get for the ps1, I have tried to find ps2 ones in the shops but they're nowhere to be seen. If you have a PS1 scart lead around you'll know it's RGB beause DVD movies will appear all green (you have to pull the lead out of the telly slightly when that happens, which is a mare).

Thanks alot man.. maybe I'll be able to play it after all :D

I just ordered this:

PS2 RGB cabel with AV

• Allows you to connect your PS or PS2 to your TV's SCART socket
• Audio out ports
• GunCon in port
• Maximises picture and sound quality
• Cable length: 175cm / 6 feet
• Supplied loose in bulk packing (without gift box)

pic:
click_user_file.html

Please tell me if it's correct and I will be the worlds happiest man :o

sounds promising :)

BUT expect the worst, that way if it doesn't work you'll be ok with it, but if it does...:D

Last edited:
Rammstone said:
Thanks alot man.. maybe I'll be able to play it after all :D

I just ordered this:

PS2 RGB cabel with AV

• Allows you to connect your PS or PS2 to your TV's SCART socket
• Audio out ports
• GunCon in port
• Maximises picture and sound quality
• Cable length: 175cm / 6 feet
• Supplied loose in bulk packing (without gift box)

pic:
click_user_file.html

Please tell me if it's correct and I will be the worlds happiest man :o

Hope that's not an official Sony lead you ordered - in the PS1 versions the Sony leads made import games appear in black and white so you had to buy third-party.

Does anybody know about lobs and chip shots? In we8 it was far to easy to score with that way?
Hope now in we9 will be more diffucult..

ClassicD said:
Hope that's not an official Sony lead you ordered - in the PS1 versions the Sony leads made import games appear in black and white so you had to buy third-party.

DOH! Well I just have to wait and see. It's quite crap having WE9 lying right in front of me and I can't play it properly :(

They already fixed that in WE8LE, the :r1: chips were totally ruined (while this stopped whoring of chipped goals, they had already made it easier to slot the ball in 1on1 situations so there was no need to screw this move). I used to love spotting the keeper off his line from 25 yards, and floating one of those in, can't do it now.

Not really checked it in WE9 but I think the :l1: chip may be a little better.

I heard if you hold the R2 button then you hit a sort of shot like Del Piero's had in previous versions of the game....with him you could run alongside the edge of the box and then press R2 & [] I think and hed hit a soft chip shot with lots and lots of swerve.

Holding in :r2: while shooting does the inside-foot shot.

Has anyone tried combining the :r2: shot with chips (like :l1: + :r2: + :square: ), is it possible?

is the pitch textures the same as in we 8?,,or worst..or slighty better.i wldnt mind if its the same as we8,,but pls tell me its not worst.thanks

Back
Top Bottom