WE9 - Q&A - Official Question and Answers Thread

what about the nets

Still woeful...such a shame when you look at Football Kingdom and imagine how incredible it would be to have them in WE. 8)

ok my question .. im going away on holiday for a week, which means i cant play we9 :( how many days before i go insane ?

Sometimes the ball looks like its come out of the back of the net? But then in the replay its in the net..

Does anyone know if any import shops in London will have the game, or is play-asia etc the only place to get the game from, also if I were to order from a website who has the best rates.

I think they are better than ever in WE9

You must be conjuring up some improvement in your vivid imagination my friend, the nets are exactly the same as in WE8:LE.

how many days before i go insane ?

Look at it this way, at least you haven't played it yet so you don't know what you are missing. I'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow and I've already played the game, so I'll be missing it even more. :lmao:

greenmachine said:
From what Ive seen from WE9 matches posted things that look exactly the same as PES4!

1. Throw-ins
2. Corner Kicks
3. Freekicks
4. Penalties

Can anyone tell me am I right or wrong ! I hoped all 3 would be changed!

Throw-ins , can you now move your player right up against the receiver or is there still this invisable wall that keeps you back 5yrds or more!

Corners ..In PES4 I have tried the analog stick in every position, when headering the ball from a corner, up down right left and all angles in between, but it never seens to make any difference to the header you put in..

Freekicks ... Are they still the same as Pes4? I have noticed something about FK's, that more matter how far out you have to get the power bar dead on the half way mark to get the ball over the wall! If you stop the power bar short of the halfway marker the ball hits the wall, now here is the thing, if let the power bar go over the halfway marker the ball goes over the bar..

Penalties .. Have they changed from Pes4? The is no power bar you just press on the shoot button, and supposedly hold the analog stick in the dorection you want the ball to go in.. but that hardly ever works..many mnay examples of what I mean, here is one I hold the analog stick bottom left to put the ball into the bottom left corner I press the shoot button (no power bar) and the shot goes high into the top left corner..

Are all 4 plays still the same in WE9/PES5 or have they changed them

Thanks

i wanted to ask the same questions! anyone??

also...

How's the new MY STADIUM option in the ML (the one were you create your stadium)?

from the videos

1- Free kicks are much better
2- Penalties improved in different styles
3- much better dribbling system
4- better player movements

nothing like pes4, i dont know what u on mate ?

Massacre_1907 said:
from the videos

1- Free kicks are much better
2- Penalties improved in different styles
3- much better dribbling system
4- better player movements

nothing like pes4, i dont know what u on mate ?

what about the My Stadium option and the invisble wall on throw-ins?

How's the new MY STADIUM option in the ML (the one were you create your stadium)?

I haven't heard a single person mention it until you...good question though, I think this will come to light as more people get the game and get more into the master league etc. would be interesting to see if someone knows.

As for the four items you questioned, all of them are SLIGHTLY different, but not vastly different:

1. Throw-ins
Long throws are improved (the animation is quicker and there is a power bar), short throws are more accurate and you can really drop it at your players feet. The system is the same though.

2. Corner Kicks
The animation is different and it's slightly easier to find an attacker in the area, no drastic changes though.

3. Freekicks
Improved animation, a little easier to score (not as impossible as WE8:LE) and definately get it over the wall.

4. Penalties
Very similar, slight changes in the animation and the ball doesn't always go in the exact same place, still a lot of room for improvement though. :lmao:

Where are the allstar teams? I remember someone mentioned it as a feature!?

At the end of the master league season, when you choose your pre-season friendlies you can choose to play against the all-star teams.

thanks for the quick answers...

when you say the throw ins are the same, they are the same as in PES4 or WE8LE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Winning Eleven 9 - Official Discussion Thread Part 2

pesswede said:
According to this site pessverige.com three teams from nordic will be in the game..FC Copenhagen, Rosenborg and Malmo FF
Where are they? :roll:

Disqo said:
Does anyone know if any import shops in London will have the game, or is play-asia etc the only place to get the game from, also if I were to order from a website who has the best rates.
u've got:

-gamefocus. situated in Goodge Street (off Tottenham Court Road), next to Goodge Street Station
-cex. just off Oxford Street

1. Throw-ins
Long throws are improved (the animation is quicker and there is a power bar), short throws are more accurate and you can really drop it at your players feet. The system is the same though.

Can you now stand right behind a player at throw-ins as in real life football games or is there still this enforced 5/6yard barrier

I have the game now. And I saw people complaining about there being no crowd on wide camera. Maybe I'm missing something but I do see a crowd in the lower section of the stadium. Just not in the upper sections. Can anyone else confirm this?

Re: Winning Eleven 9 - Official Discussion Thread Part 2

ejsc said:
No, you´re wrong. I´m saying that some people already have WE 9. The game is out now on the internet... since yesterday. Just search :)

we have it in trindad and tobago englished patched too i am gettin mine tomorrow

so we have to manually... edit it ..... or can u educate me ... about this translate stuff u guys always talk about and the patch ???????

i would really appreciate it thank you... guys

for those who want to know, in the We-shop you can buy some plaeyrs from those asian countries controlled by the COM, ex. Bahrain, Oman etc.

Can you now stand right behind a player at throw-ins as in real life football games or is there still this enforced 5/6yard barrier

The magical barrier still exists.

for those who want to know, in the We-shop you can buy some plaeyrs from those asian countries controlled by the COM, ex. Bahrain, Oman etc.

Haha, that's just like rubbing salt in the wounds isn't it? Luckily it doesn't bother me but I really feel for the fellas who were excited about the prospects of their national team being in the game, only to be shot down in flames at the last second. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The magical barrier still exists

thanks for the reply...

Could you tell me if you still need Super Cancel as in PEs4 when I control a players run for a loose ball, only to see my player stop mid run (without taking my fingers off the sprint button or analog stick) to allow a cpu player to get the ball under control.

mmeny said:
so we have to manually... edit it ..... or can u educate me ... about this translate stuff u guys always talk about and the patch ???????

i would really appreciate it thank you... guys

If you have a cd burner, or a dvd burner, youll be fine..

you can either use the cd2mem option file thingy..
or just patch your game..

Perky Intruder said:
Aerial through balls are now 90% of the time useless.

The other thing that is annoying is me is the fact that when you are playing on the opposite side to where the camera is, it doesn't zoom in so it looks really far away. I mentioned it in my review thread, anyone else bugged by this?

yes a bit

Back
Top Bottom