WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing the computer and winning all the time doesn't help you become a better player. You don't need the extra control in duels, you don't need the great response time, you don't have to try to get better at things, because you're already winning. Against the computer you will always end up playing on auto-pilot without real intensity in the game. There's no mental part of the game, no trying to psyche out your opponent with high pressure, no playing safe passes to piss out your opponent, no changing of tempo to ruin the opponents rhythm, and stuff like that.

Err who cares whether I get better as a player or not? I want to play the best career/manager mode on the best football game available, I didn't realise that one was supposed to play football games to make one a superior being ;)

Seems to me that most people who complain about the game is only playing vs CPU.

Seems to me you're wrong, but even if that were the case our complaints are just as valid whether we play against AI or against humans.....

Last edited:
Err who cares whether I get better as a player or not? I want to play the best career/manager mode on the best football game available, I didn't realise that one was supposed to play football games to make one a superior being ;)

Seems to me you're wrong, but even if that were the case our complaints are just as valid whether we play against AI or against humans.....
actually to get the most(enjoy) of the career/manager(Master League) mode it will help if your a better player.Boa is right in fact i could say he corrected Jack B.

actually to get the most(enjoy) of the career/manager(Master League) mode it will help if your a better player.Boa is right in fact i could say he corrected Jack B.

How much better is there to get than winning every trophy every season on 6*?

I'm sorry but that's a nonsense argument for enjoyment, on Fifa I'm not that great (still playing on only Professional which is about the middle difficulty) and I'm having an absolute ball in manager mode, got Sheffield Wednesday promoted the first season to the premiership, got relegated straight away (took some serious hammerings but that didn't detract from the enjoyment), currently half way through the season and top of the Championship so should hopefully get promoted again, in between I have the FA cup and league cup, European trophies to aim for and such.

Considering Fifa's manager mode in next gen is quite shallow compared to Fifa current gen, it still pisses on PES2008's master league from a great height in terms of depth, content, longevity and enjoyment......

Perhaps if PES2008 had Fantasia mode it would offer a modicum of longevity to gamers such as myself who predominantly play single player......

I called konami and they told me that the problems are probably due to my dishwasher setting. They also told me not to put the toaster too close to my tv and to turn it to "crounchy" to avoid slow downs.

They also unofficially suggest that if u buy any of the unsold accessories for any of the cosoles outthere i am most likely gonna get a better game experience.

Last edited:
That version DOES have EE chip, so Han suggestions are wrong, IMO
vokal, how many days took PES to arrive from the shipping date?
Yes I agree, my post was confusing. I just wanted to point out that the regio WITHOUT emotion chip have slowdown, but I was just waked up when I wrote that post ( I did night- work so I was late ;) ).
So that means that every US PS3 will run PES 2008 smoothly and we in Europe have a software PS2 emulator which probably causes the slowdowns.

Yes I agree, my post was confusing. I just wanted to point out that the regio WITHOUT emotion chip have slowdown, but I was just waked up when I wrote that post ( I did night- work so I was late ;) ).
So that means that every US PS3 will run PES 2008 smoothly and we in Europe have a software PS2 emulator which probably causes the slowdowns.

I'm sure Winning Eleven 2008 will run smooth on an EU console and will have slowdowns on machines WITH emotion chip

;)

CW destroyed the game, its nice to see someone at WENB has their head screwed on.

To be fair even Adam was quite critical and he is the blindest fan boy in existence.

To be fair even Adam was quite critical and he is the blindest fan boy in existence.

I guess he didn't get the job offer from Konami he was hoping for then.....

Ahh well, there's always EA to suck up to, maybe he can take over "Fifa Soccer Blog", other than being an EA whoremonger and posting about the crappy Fifa Street 3 it's not as if it serves any purpose anymore......

Perhaps there'd be more updates to the Fifa Soccer Blog if Jack was still part of it, now why isn't he part of it anymore I find myself asking?

I guess he didn't get the job offer from Konami he was hoping for then.....

Ahh well, there's always EA to suck up to, maybe he can take over "Fifa Soccer Blog", other than being an EA whoremonger and posting about the crappy Fifa Street 3 it's not as if it serves any purpose anymore......

Perhaps there'd be more updates to the Fifa Soccer Blog if Jack was still part of it, now why isn't he part of it anymore I find myself asking?

I think FIFA Street might serve as a good grounds for EA to develop better trick animations and such. Probably the hardest thing to program is a player juggling a ball, and making it look good. They can then implement some things in FIFA if they want.

How much better is there to get than winning every trophy every season on 6*?

I'm sorry but that's a nonsense argument for enjoyment, on Fifa I'm not that great (still playing on only Professional which is about the middle difficulty) and I'm having an absolute ball in manager mode, got Sheffield Wednesday promoted the first season to the premiership, got relegated straight away (took some serious hammerings but that didn't detract from the enjoyment), currently half way through the season and top of the Championship so should hopefully get promoted again, in between I have the FA cup and league cup, European trophies to aim for and such.

Considering Fifa's manager mode in next gen is quite shallow compared to Fifa current gen, it still pisses on PES2008's master league from a great height in terms of depth, content, longevity and enjoyment......

Perhaps if PES2008 had Fantasia mode it would offer a modicum of longevity to gamers such as myself who predominantly play single player......

there is no * difficulty for second year in a row, its professional and top player. perhaps you are not playing pes for 2 years now anw i can assure you that this years pes is much harder than any other.Im sure you know that master league also has championship,league cup and the europe league ;) about content,longevity and enjoyment your kidding right?

there is no * difficulty for second year in a row, its professional and top player. perhaps you are not playing pes for 2 years now anw i can assure you that this years pes is much harder than any other.Im sure you know that master league also has championship,league cup and the europe league ;) about content,longevity and enjoyment your kidding right?

Right, last PES I played was PES5, master league has not been improved since then has it? It had hardly been improved since PES3, as I said.

Master League has only 3 trophies per season that can be competed for, between a small number of teams, that is not content, nor longevity, nor enjoyment in any definition to me.

You know, one thing I can't undestand is why did Konami include the "shirt-pull" animation in the game if you can't ever see it happening. On Normal/Long, it's impossible to focus with your eye to see this animation since the player is inches behind from the one with the ball. A very useless and unnecessary animation in my view.

Instead, they shoud have concentrated on better running animations.

Oh well, hopefully next year.........

Possible WE2008 cover (Thanks WENB)

lp1005052058mi9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom