WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wont be buying this one...
i just asked cause i friend wanted to know.

I suspect that's how many people are buying PES this year.

They go sheepishly into the shop, wait until nobody is looking before shuffling up to the counter and whispering "PES2008 please. It's not for me, it's for a friend."

:mryellow:

Shop Assistant: "MARK, HOW MUCH IS THIS PRO EVO 2008?"
Customer In Duffle Coat: "Shut up!! Tell the world why don't you?? IT'S NOT FOR ME!! IT'S FOR MY FRIEND!!"

Ok guys, have the game for two weeks now and didn't want to jump to conclusions so tested it thoroughly and here s my opinion(PS3):
IMHO this game is utter wank. Sure a few good bits here and there, but nothing spectecular or even thrilling. At not a single moment it felt like playing PES. I'm just not feeling it, a lot of things go haywire and gameplay isn't all that great either. For me personally, this game is a flop and although I am a class A PES-fanboy, I have to say in all fairness that FIFA is the better footie game. Simple.

Why are we retarded? because we havent got our heads in the clouds about this game and think its perfect? I think your the one who is showing Retard Potential Boa. Next you will be telling me FIFA 08 on 360 and PS3 isnt Next Gen but PES is!

What a mature way to express your opinion...Keep at it and please post something a little less infantile when you've outgrown puberty.

Although not neccesarily wrong maybe a bit hypocritical coming from the fella who spent two months posting about his "contacts" revelations regarding the new game - only for them all to be proved completely fabricated upon the games release.

Right I think im going to leave this thread now, its going to get petty about contacts and other shit. My last words: The game isnt up to scratch and is MILES behind FIFA 08 Next Gen, Konami have a lot of work to do to convince one of their Former Fans of the series that a decent PES is forthcoming.

Peace
HG4

Fremm, you are right: At this moment the PS3 version is worthless, but I am curious if the patches can 'heal' this version a bit to a more or less decent game. If you would have tested the 360 version I think you got a better score for the game ( off line ).

BTW: Is there nobody who can answer my questions at post #19501??

Although not neccesarily wrong maybe a bit hypocritical coming from the fella who spent two months posting about his "contacts" revelations regarding the new game - only for them all to be proved completely fabricated upon the games release.

hahahahha OWNED! very good post, where are all those people with their "contacts" who said the game is brilliant? your bunch of wankers

Indeed, play-asia doesn't deliver to Europe.
Renchi.com did not have the title as pre-release ( If I searched well ).
Has some of you heared of yesasia.com? in the blog it was recommended, but I never heared of them and I don't know if they are reliable...
Some months ago Adam said about a seller in the UK who does not advertise with the game but will order it if you email him. Do you guys remember who that was?

I thought Yesasia did not ship PS3 Software/Hardware to EU countries.

True, I was conned but had the guts to admit it and not sign in under a new name like some people here do..And for your info; a lotta stuff that was in the Beta was removed for retail. These are the things that make me angry; not the fact that the game doesn't evolve, but the fact that they remove the previous good bits.

Fremm, you are right: At this moment the PS3 version is worthless, but I am curious if the patches can 'heal' this version a bit to a more or less decent game. If you would have tested the 360 version I think you got a better score for the game ( off line ).

BTW: Is there nobody who can answer my questions at post #19501??

Yeah Han, I know. I think the XboX version is better (played it btw). Just wondering why the hell I bought a PS3...for almost every game I hear the same stories: " developement probs", "game pushed back" etc. It's gettin a bit ridiculous.

Yeah Han, I know. I think the XboX version is better (played it btw). Just wondering why the hell I bought a PS3...for almost every game I hear the same stories: " developement probs", "game pushed back" etc. It's gettin a bit ridiculous.

im glad i bought a 360 instead of a ps3, anyway in your opinion why is the 360 version better than the ps3 version? serious question, cheers

It wasn't meant for you, we posted almost at the same time. It was mostly for rest of the posts above yours...

Ok fair enough, but allow me to highlight my opinion: If you buy a PS3 game you expect overall improvement over PS2 games; gfx, modes, sound, the lot. If u then notice that a PS game has 30-40% less content than the same PS2 game, you're pissed. If you go on and see that the PS3 game has no improvements, is not next-gen and is cursed with on and offline slowdown and framerate issues, well then you are bloody raging with anger( I know I am ). Over the last years, CUNami have thrown away the basis for the best football game ever and that is sad..Especially when u consider that that PS3 game has cost me 45 quid.

Last edited:
im glad i bought a 360 instead of a ps3, anyway in your opinion why is the 360 version better than the ps3 version? serious question, cheers

Less or almost no slowdown for one thing. Gfx look a lot better too I must say. That about sums it up Overall, I feel that a lot of multiplatform games are better on the 360 then they are on the PS3.

Less or almost no slowdown for one thing. Gfx look a lot better too I must say. That about sums it up Overall, I feel that a lot of multiplatform games are better on the 360 then they are on the PS3.

i find it amusing because all these ps3 owners were saying pro evo would be the best on ps3 blah blah blah! man it makes me laugh so much, where are they all now? thanks for answering the question dude

It wasn't meant for you, we posted almost at the same time. It was mostly for rest of the posts above yours...
You're showing your true colours now. If you can't take stupid jokes about a game you love (are you married to it? That kind of response seems to suggest you're hurt by it), then you can't have been on the internet very long.

I like FIFA this year, how many times will I read "so you're 12 years old then"... I don't know. But it will be more times than you'll see a joke about PES. And I haven't called anybody on this forum a retard yet, respectable posters don't do that, so I'd think about what you're saying before pressing "post".

You're showing your true colours now. If you can't take stupid jokes about a game you love (are you married to it? That kind of response seems to suggest you're hurt by it), then you can't have been on the internet very long.

I like FIFA this year, how many times will I read "so you're 12 years old then"... I don't know. But it will be more times than you'll see a joke about PES. And I haven't called anybody on this forum a retard yet, respectable posters don't do that, so I'd think about what you're saying before pressing "post".

jack, i quite like fifa but i dunno, i feel like im starting to get bored with it, hasnt grabbed me like pes has in the past, i find myself not spending much time on it, either im sick of it or sick of playing on the 360 alltogether

jack, i quite like fifa but i dunno, i feel like im starting to get bored with it, hasnt grabbed me like pes has in the past, i find myself not spending much time on it, either im sick of it or sick of playing on the 360 alltogether

This is the same feeling I have when playing PES08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom