WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Jflores' question why he has no slowdowns etc on his U.S. PS3 I think there must be a difference in updates.
Maybe there is also a hardware difference between European PS3's and U.S. ones.
Anyone who can say something about this?

koolaje OUR Great Leader is surely Seabass? I guess irony isn't something you do :)

That's a way to send you away from this lovely thread, but I guess that didn't work. :(

As for mindless propaganda I think IGN, WNEB, Seabass and his armies of mindless fanboys et al., ("this game is amazing, two legs bad, four legs good") out perform North Korea anyday :)

Did it never strike you that I'm so pissed-off and gutted by the game this year because I'm a massive PES fan? And that I was really looking forward to them taking it to the next level after some very slow changes on the PS2?

Show some gratitude over Seabass, he is STILL the one that brought you the game, without him we all will still be playing FIFA or, worse, not playing Footie games at all.

Yes, I am also dissapointed about the slow development in latter stages of PS2 and now in the first game in PS3, but I don't vent my disappointment again and again and again in this one big thread. There are many ppl that read this thread, wanting to discuss news about the game and wanting to know more, and not reading your constant howling at Konami & our Great Leader (:lmao:).

Just felt that it's abit too much. That's my 2 cents.

The gameplay is solid. The only problems I see are the Goalies. They are pathetic. They are either palming the ball right into the path of an oncoming forward, or palming it into their on side-netting. I have to play around with their attributes and perhaps this might solve that problem offline. Online however, this problem will persist due to the inability to increase/decrease stats.

Also, players like Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Messi, etc...are vicious dribbling devils and almost impossible to stop. Their agilities and quick turning are deadly against a stiff defender. Also, the long balls are too darn fast. I don't think there is a way to slow them down. As soon as the ball hits the pitch, it rockets out of bounds. It doesn't bounce like it should with regards to the physics. I wish I could tone the speed down a notch.

The game will be a blast to play online and against my mates here at home. And with the option file I have uploaded to the game with kits, this game should keep me busy until the next version arrives. I don't feel ripped off one bit as I thought I would, I am enjoying the game and am very thankful that my copy doesn't have one aiota of slowdown.

I am off to bed know, my eyes are going to bleed in a minute from playing too much.

You guys have a good night.

jflores how does this compare to PES6 on the 360? Is it worth me buying a ps3?

About Jflores' question why he has no slowdowns etc on his U.S. PS3 I think there must be a difference in updates.
Maybe there is also a hardware difference between European PS3's and U.S. ones.
Anyone who can say something about this?

I'll probably start one, like a survey, something like:

PES 2008 Playstation 3 Slowdown Survey

Pre-condition: Install the game on the HD.

GAME
- PES 2008 Game Region: ?
- PS3 Edition: (20 GB / 60 GB / 80 GB / 40 GB); (Asia / Europe / USA / Australia / Others)
- Firmware Number: ?
- Free Space in HD left: ?

SLOWDOWN
Far Camera
- Slowdown during Corners/Many Players in Screen?
- Slowdown during Replays?
- Slowdown during General Play?
- Which Stadiums?
- Other Slowdown Condition?

Wide Camera
- Which Stadiums?
- Other Slowdown Condition: ?

FAQ
To check Firmware:
Go to Settings, choose 'system settings' and almost at the bottom you see 'system information' and there you can find your version :)

Input appreciated guys!

Someone with the game could try using this?

Last edited:

GAME
- PS3 Edition: (20 GB / 60 GB / 80 GB / 40 GB); (Asia / Europe / USA / Australia / Others)

SLOWDOWN
Far Camera

Wide Camera

Input appreciated guys!

One thing I will say is you should include stadiums too. In some games I havent had much slowdown OR screen tearing/rippling. HOWEVER in the cup final I played yesterday it was fuckin shockin!!!! Slowdown even in the middle of the pitch! Lots of tear/ripple and jesus did my eyes ever hurt?

PES2008 Game Region 2 (PAL UK)
PS3 Edition 60GB Model
Firmware Version 1.93
Free HDD Space about 50 GB
Game Installed on HDD.

My PS3 game just crashed several times on edit mode, when I changed the kit top first time then, shorts.

I deleted the PES2008 data the other day, so maybe its cause it wasnt installed, so im going to install then try again see if it changes anything, or it might have been a one off.

GAME

SLOWDOWN
Far Camera

Wide Camera

Input appreciated guys!

I wait for my input until I heared from Jflores about his experience and what PS3 update version he has. The solution of the problem might lie in the difference in updates between the European and U.S. version....

Is your PS3 connected to the internet? Is it upgraded to the highest firmware? I don't know what the latest firmware update is in the states but in europe its 1.93.

People are saying that PES2008 was developed and tested on PS3's that were still at the factory settings. Sounds like a long shot but it does give us a little hope that the replays can be sorted, cause at the moment they are god awful.

My PS3 is not connected to the internet since I've booted the game. I had no idea there was a firmware update since I hardly ever go online for anything, due to the lack of games I play on it. I will see tonight when I get home and check for any updates. One thing I'm afraid of from downloading this update is that it might create slowdown problems for my copy. Hope not.

And for the person that asked what camera I play on. I play on Normal/Long. Perhaps this is the reason for me not experiencing any slowdown. I will give it a try on wide-cam to see if this is where the problem lies.

To be honest, even the entrance scene is normal in my copy. I have stadium effects ON as well. Very strange. I bought my PS3 2 months ago if that makes any difference.

Teamvision is there, I have noticed it. Interesting to see what Seabass will do with this game in terms of changes for next year's version.

Last edited:
My PS3 game just crashed several times on edit mode, when I changed the kit top first time then, shorts.

I deleted the PES2008 data the other day, so maybe its cause it wasnt installed, so im going to install then try again see if it changes anything, or it might have been a one off.

this is because ur downloads where on in the background from the PSN store.
The crash happends always during downloads from the psn store.

I still don't understand how the didn't notice the goly bug on line, i mean the game is unplayble on line due the goly deflecting the balls into the net so many times. They should fire their testing team for sure.

This is from a post in eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article_discussion.php?article_id=86493):

"How they develop such a shoddy, teleporting lagfest of a game and expect us to lap it up is beyond me. Pings in excess of 5000 means it's unplayable over xbox live - no other titles have this problem!"

So the on line problem is also on the 360?????

Last edited:
My PS3 is not connected to the internet since I've booted the game. I had no idea there was a firmware update since I hardly ever go online for anything, due to the lack of games I play on it. I will see tonight when I get home and check for any updates. One thing I'm afraid of from downloading this update is that it might create slowdown problems for my copy.
Yes, tell us what update you installed latest; that would be interesting, as there is a function to un-install updates. I am not sur how wise it is to uninstall updates, but I like to hear that from others.
I think you cannot play on-line without the latest updates, or am I wrong??

My PS3 is not connected to the internet since I've booted the game. I had no idea there was a firmware update since I hardly ever go online for anything, due to the lack of games I play on it. I will see tonight when I get home and check for any updates. One thing I'm afraid of from downloading this update is that it might create slowdown problems for my copy. Hope not.

And for the person that asked what camera I play on. I play on Normal/Long. Perhaps this is the reason for me not experiencing any slowdown. I will give it a try on wide-cam to see if this is where the problem lies.

To be honest, even the entrance scene is normal in my copy. I have stadium effects ON as well. Very strange. I bought my PS3 2 months ago if that makes any difference.

Teamvision is there, I have noticed it. Interesting to see what Seabass will do with this game in terms of changes for next year's version.

Im sorry if someone asked this before
can u tell me what FW version is running on your PS3?

jflores how does this compare to PES6 on the 360? Is it worth me buying a ps3?

gomito, the only difference I see is that the gameplay speed is about the same to me if not a bit faster than PES6 360. I definately recommend it, that is if you will get a good copy with no slowdown. The game is worth it in my view if plays smooth out of the box as it should. Yes, there are annoyances with the GK and some cheats like the ball bouncing predeterminly(not sure if this is word :-) or GK palming the ball to an oncoming FWD's feet. But all in all, the gameplay is very addictive and satisfying. I just wish they would have included different camera angles.

The crowd are very poor resolution with jaggies. But at least they are there and don't disappear/reappear like past versions. The 360 Demo version of this game has better crowd and perhaps sharper cartoonish looking graphics, other than that, I hardly see a difference. Gameplay mehanics and responsiveness feels the same to me in both PS3 and 360demo version.

As I've said, I see very little difference in terms of graphics. There is a video screen option within the game that you can play with to give it more rich and realistic colors to the pitch. You can really adjust the colors in this to make the grass look ace!

For those who want to know what Firmware version I have. I really have no clue, is there any specific place where I can find this?

Also, I have the 60GB US PS3 version.

AAAHHH! This PS3 Dual Shock controller is killing me. I can't wait for the Dual Shock 3.

For those who want to know what Firmware version I have. I really have no clue, is there any specific place where I can find this?
Go to Settings, choose 'system settings' and almost at the bottom you see 'system information' and there you can find your version :)

His PC can't handle the game properly so he has to play it with the quality settings on low. That's why there is no crowd.

Regarding that thing that happened, all I can do is to congratulate Konami. Well done.

This is a hell of a game.

The game messed about with my Internet settings, other than that my PS3 is fine.

What do you mean? I know the PS3 will crash when downloading and edit in PES at the same time, but maybe you mean something different...
I mean i play only 3 games (no editing) the 23 october and my PS3 player don't work, no cd, dvd or blu ray, and now i see i'm not the only one around the Europe. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom