WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo jflores, i c that u live in the US and u say u just got urs today.. Who did u get it from and roughly how long did it take.?!

I pre-ordered mine a few weeks back. I received an email last Wednesday that it was being shipped. I received it this morning, so it really didn't take the 10 business days some folks said it would. I was surprised to see it come this quick to be honest.

Guys, I really am not exagerating or making anything up. God is my witness. I am experiencing no slowdowns, tearing, or jittering in any stadiums. I haven't turned any of my PS3 menu options off, and I haven't installed the game data onto the PS3 HDD. Why do you fellas think my copy is running smooth compared to others?

I am completely baffled...

koolaje OUR Great Leader is surely Seabass? I guess irony isn't something you do :)

As for mindless propaganda I think IGN, WNEB, Seabass and his armies of mindless fanboys et al., ("this game is amazing, two legs bad, four legs good") out perform North Korea anyday :)

Did it never strike you that I'm so pissed-off and gutted by the game this year because I'm a massive PES fan? And that I was really looking forward to them taking it to the next level after some very slow changes on the PS2?

Jack - teamvision might be an excellent development but the negatives are really bad, and of course you are right in that people like all sorts of things - after all EA have been getting away with selling lots of copies of really shitty football games for years.

jflores - good for you. Now you have a game that actually plays like it should what are your thoughts on the game? My first game was Czech vs Greece on Top Player and with my first shot the keeper pathetically palms the ball into the net :(

Sorry I just can't get any fun at all from very very cheap goals like that.

Still after the game I did hear 'FOOTBALL...SOCCER...ALL AROUND THE WORLD' so that made my day ;)

jflores - good for you. Now you have a game that actually plays like it should what are your thoughts on the game? My first game was Czech vs Greece on Top Player and with my first shot the keeper pathetically palms the ball into the net :(

Sorry I just can't get any fun at all from very very cheap goals like that.

Still after the game I did hear 'FOOTBALL...SOCCER...ALL AROUND THE WORLD' so that made my day ;)

The gameplay is solid. The only problems I see are the Goalies. They are pathetic. They are either palming the ball right into the path of an oncoming forward, or palming it into their on side-netting. I have to play around with their attributes and perhaps this might solve that problem offline. Online however, this problem will persist due to the inability to increase/decrease stats.

Also, players like Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Messi, etc...are vicious dribbling devils and almost impossible to stop. Their agilities and quick turning are deadly against a stiff defender. Also, the long balls are too darn fast. I don't think there is a way to slow them down. As soon as the ball hits the pitch, it rockets out of bounds. It doesn't bounce like it should with regards to the physics. I wish I could tone the speed down a notch.

The game will be a blast to play online and against my mates here at home. And with the option file I have uploaded to the game with kits, this game should keep me busy until the next version arrives. I don't feel ripped off one bit as I thought I would, I am enjoying the game and am very thankful that my copy doesn't have one aiota of slowdown.

I am off to bed know, my eyes are going to bleed in a minute from playing too much.

You guys have a good night.

My favourite is the guy who sounds like your dad. You know the one I mean. "Da da deeeeee, dadadadada da daaaa". That song must have took them all of five minutes to finish.

I'm LOVING PES2008 online.

I played a game (Inter v Milan) earlier tonight. I was 6-0 up at half time on 38% possession. The opponent liked to pass the ball around between his defenders and so on, but possession means nothing to me, I don't play for it. All I play for is to score goals, so as soon as I got the ball I was heading straight for his goal. I was clinical in my finishing. Thats why he eventually got buried 10-0. He was probably not a very good player. :lmao:

Like I say I'm LOVING PES2008 - ty Seabass!

Last edited:
shhhhhhh.
People will think you are some kind of fanboy moron.
If you MUST enjoy the game, enjoy it quietly.
Or at the very least make a list of your annoyances, maybe an offensive nickname for Seabass, just so people know you have a brain.

shhhhhhh.
People will think you are some kind of fanboy moron.
If you MUST enjoy the game, enjoy it quietly.
Or at the very least make a list of your annoyances, maybe an offensive nickname for Seabass, just so people know you have a brain.

Is this the sort of thing u mean m8?

Seaturd why no slow-mo replay option? ;)

Re: KILL SEABASS
I'd bum him 'till i was dry.
Then pour bleach and salt on his ravaged arsehole.
I'd then force him to play FIFA '98 until he became insane.
Only then would i allow him the pleasure of a slow exquisite death.

Jonestm u are naughty for say such things about Seabass please refrain from abusing him :(

personally I'd HATE to see/play a realistic football game...just think how goddamn boring it would be!

Disagree completely.

personally I'd HATE to see/play an arcade football game...just think how goddamn boring it would be!

Agree completely.

I've been playing football games since the early 80s, in those days they were only ever arcade football games due to the lack of power of the systems they appeared on, Kick Off 2 was perhaps the first attempt towards a more realistic approach to football and I loved it, much more than the perhaps more popular at the time Sensible Soccer.

To my mind being a fan of the sport of football but wanting to play an arcade football game is akin to being a fan of the sport of boxing and wanting to play Tekken4 or something......

I pre-ordered mine a few weeks back. I received an email last Wednesday that it was being shipped. I received it this morning, so it really didn't take the 10 business days some folks said it would. I was surprised to see it come this quick to be honest.

Guys, I really am not exagerating or making anything up. God is my witness. I am experiencing no slowdowns, tearing, or jittering in any stadiums. I haven't turned any of my PS3 menu options off, and I haven't installed the game data onto the PS3 HDD. Why do you fellas think my copy is running smooth compared to others?

I am completely baffled...

are you playing on wide camera?... that might have something to do with it

Placebo seriously is Fifa worth a go?

Really depends on each person and what they want from a football game, personally I'm loving it and enjoying the game as much, if not more so than the happiest memories of playing Master League on PES when it was still new and fresh and exciting, before it became the same old boring shite for the 3rd time in a row or whatever.

The difference between PES and Fifa is akin to the difference between say PGR and Forza, one's an arcade game, one's more of a sim, if you like both great, if you're more of an arcade gamer you probably won't like Fifa.

Placebo seriously is Fifa worth a go?

It's definitely worth a go. Have you not tried the demo?

It's a game which some seem to love and some seem to hate. I fall somewhere in between. It has a lot of excellent features and plays really well but the things that let it down for me are in my signature.

AS far as I'm concerened, there's just too little difference between playing against Rochdale and Real Madrid. It's galling when you're playing in League 2 and every team has super-fast and perfectly organised defences and virtually every single clearance/long pass/cross goes precisely to a team mates head...not to mention the super-perfect keepers.

I've not played on-line yet but that might be excellent as the main flaw I see with the game is related to the far-too-perfect AI teams.

There are other shortcomings and annoyances but they pale when compared with PES2008. There wasn't enough space in my sig to list all it's failings.

The gameplay is solid. The only problems I see are the Goalies. They are pathetic. They are either palming the ball right into the path of an oncoming forward, or palming it into their on side-netting. I have to play around with their attributes and perhaps this might solve that problem offline. Online however, this problem will persist due to the inability to increase/decrease stats.

Also, players like Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, Messi, etc...are vicious dribbling devils and almost impossible to stop. Their agilities and quick turning are deadly against a stiff defender. Also, the long balls are too darn fast. I don't think there is a way to slow them down. As soon as the ball hits the pitch, it rockets out of bounds. It doesn't bounce like it should with regards to the physics. I wish I could tone the speed down a notch.

The game will be a blast to play online and against my mates here at home. And with the option file I have uploaded to the game with kits, this game should keep me busy until the next version arrives. I don't feel ripped off one bit as I thought I would, I am enjoying the game and am very thankful that my copy doesn't have one aiota of slowdown.

I am off to bed know, my eyes are going to bleed in a minute from playing too much.

You guys have a good night.

Is your PS3 connected to the internet? Is it upgraded to the highest firmware? I don't know what the latest firmware update is in the states but in europe its 1.93.

People are saying that PES2008 was developed and tested on PS3's that were still at the factory settings. Sounds like a long shot but it does give us a little hope that the replays can be sorted, cause at the moment they are god awful.

"Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 has topped the UK software charts, entering its first week at number one according to Chart-Track data, GamesIndustry.biz reports.

In terms of unit sales, the PS2 version of PES '08 was number one, followed by the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions." From eurogamer.

As long as the PS2 version still sell like this, forget about a true next gen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom