WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I agree diving is very naughty, it is in the game. And I wanna know if there is any skill in it???

I have had a few goes at kidding the ref but he always spots it. I have hit the deck when someone challanges me, I have been hit with a snipers bullet when A defnder is running alongside me and I have gone down quicker than steven hawkins on a pogo stick when I have noticed a bit of shirt pulling.... but everytime the ref spots it and brandishes a Yellow.

Has anyone sussed this out? or is it random and no skill is involved. If that is the case its a waste of time even putting it in the game.

Well, I'm getting a lot of penalties in the penalty kick area, which is pretty easy. Actually got two penalty kicks as a result of diving in one match. It's harder outside the box though..

I never tried diving again after the first game.
I would only try it in the box, or if you shirts getting pulled.

p.s. are people really finding it easy on TOP PLAYER?
I'm good enough to beat Barca/Chelsea online with Red Star but cpu is tough as nails for me on TP :)

one more thing;
Can you use a headset online on PS3?
I fumbled with a bluetooth one to no avail :(

I did actually get beat once or twice in the ML, 3-2 by Chelsea and 4-2 by Arsenal, and Teamvision is actually there - fair play to Konami, it's very good (although it does go haywire sometimes, as #6 in my video shows). But I played another ten games or so and each one was a win (no draws, and daft scorelines).

Weird i don't get it, I've always owned the cpu on top player before, I'm glad though, i love a challenge.
Surely the game isn't tougher on the PS3, i don't get slowdown either.
Ah well, maybe I'm just shit :)

I did actually get beat once or twice in the ML, 3-2 by Chelsea and 4-2 by Arsenal, and Teamvision is actually there - fair play to Konami, it's very good (although it does go haywire sometimes, as #6 in my video shows). But I played another ten games or so and each one was a win (no draws, and daft scorelines).

This also happened to me (not Master league though but league) but Arsenal scored from free kicks 2 Van Persie free kick the rate the AI score is as bad as Fifa.

Oh and as for Chelsea i beat them 6-0 :mrgreen:

Teamvision seems as random as anything game piss easy to play on top player its not even a challenge the CPU just decides well i will turn on teamvision in this match and not bother for another 10 matches.

Last edited:
i started ML also, played first 10 matches and get owned a lot:o (with default castolo and co players ofcourse) lots of draws,the most i got was winning from Fenerbache lol after i score a goal i have to defence like a mofo.So far i like it and cant wait for first transfer period to open so i can sing some decent players:)

There is Teamvision no doubt and it certainly isn't random; that would neutralize it, which would be silly.
I think Teamvision is the best addition in PES 2008 especially if you are not a top-player yourself. I have a great challenge with this Teamvision, because I am not such a good player.
A good player will still win, even if the tactics of the CPU are spot on.

If you keep passing to a certain playmaker, he will get marked more heavily. If you keep using the left channel constantly they will block you off. If you're always using a set area of the pitch to start a move, they will guard it.

But I agree with Bingham, it does seem quite random. One game they will make it really hard for you, play the same team again and it's as if they've forgotten who they're playing. Very strange...

What exactly does TeamVision do? An example or something that demonstrates TeamVision?
Suppose you always attack succesfully along the wings, giving a cross and GOAL!
After some matches TeamVision has figured out ( by storing all your movements on disk ) that you use the wings a lot. He now will give you extra marking to prevent crossing the ball like you did.
Teamvision is the coach of the CPU, so to say :)

But I agree with Bingham, it does seem quite random. One game they will make it really hard for you, play the same team again and it's as if they've forgotten who they're playing. Very strange...
Maybe it looks random, but that is not so; think of it this way:
Say, you firstly played along the flank, like in the example of my previous post.
You figured out that he now prevents you to attack that way and you start finding other ways. At the moment you do so, Teamvision changes his plan again to prevent your new strategy. So now you suddenly can attack along the wing again and you think : "hé, Teamvision doesn't work anymore", but in fact Teamvision has changed its tactics twice... ;)
On the long run, it will take your average playingstyle to choose it's tactics.
In other words: The more you play the more reliable TeamVision will be.
This is a common process in AI, especially advanced AI ( I studied on it, when I programmed a chess-program ;) ).

Well all credit to Konami, I thought it would just be a buzz-word, but it certainly does work and it's very intelligent.

what about Teamvision with your CPU players though. if the A.I. suddenly decided too mark your playmaker then the playmaker should start trying too find space. does this happen or not?

No, that is a different form of AI. I admit: I expected that Teamvision would take care of the human's CPU-players. That is not the case. You are the only one who can try to change your own tactics and the CPU only makes sure that the attacking - and defending arrows will correctly be executed, along with other strategies you have setted. So the AI for your players is different from Teamvision, which is only for the CPU-team.

what about Teamvision with your CPU players though. if the A.I. suddenly decided too mark your playmaker then the playmaker should start trying too find space. does this happen or not?

AFAIK it has been mentioned that Teamvision works for the CPU opponent team. I suppose KONAMI feel that it is your job to change your strategy as needed.

i agree with the teamvision,as i started to play ML so i play more againt CPU its deffo there.But its smart to change ur formation always,so DONT play always with the same formattion if u play the same team after couple of matches again,because they stil remember it.
So if u have a feeling they are smarter then,change ur formation and i wil see that ur team functions lots better during passing and choosing posisition.I did not saw this before in formal game,but its clear after playing 10 master league matches.

heello..im new here..a quick q...is there any difference in World soccer winning eleven 2008 and PES2008 ? since WE2008 will be out late november..will there be any chance Konami put any update there?

I think WE2008 may have slightly better GK's and A.I. but thats about it. I can't see there being huge changes.

A few things that iritates me in the onlineplay in pes 2008
( i played ps6 on ps2 )
No lobbys anymore only matchrooms, where you have to be superfast to be able to catch a game before anyone else challenge and it says the room is full
If i play someone who is good and we would like to play another game again ,then its not possible without to start a new room in friendly, and invite the same person by writing his psn name ...why not have a add friend button or even a play another game button
Really anoying...and the little coments you can leave after certain situations in the game and in halftime are really bad ... and i havent seen anyway to write my own coments that would be more suitiable .
I might get used to this by why change a good thing to a worse ?
And the last thing when you start a game the difficult level always stands on beginner and you cant change it ... that probably explains some bad goalkeeping online
Otherwise i like the game alot, but these simple things pisses me of in the onlinemode

One thing that pissed me off was the person disconnected and i got a 3-0 loss and also the ball disappearing and reappearing.

Just won the international cup final and yep ive installed the game onto my PS3's hard drive etc... and fuck me this game slows down and has awful screen tear! What an earth is that all about? I thought with all this POWER that the PS3 is supposed to have that this sorta thing would be a vision from the past? Obviously Konami have made a hash of it!

Just won the international cup final and yep ive installed the game onto my PS3's hard drive etc... and fuck me this game slows down and has awful screen tear! What an earth is that all about? I thought with all this POWER that the PS3 is supposed to have that this sorta thing would be a vision from the past? Obviously Konami have made a hash of it!

u should have got a 360

A few things that iritates me in the onlineplay in pes 2008
( i played ps6 on ps2 )
No lobbys anymore only matchrooms, where you have to be superfast to be able to catch a game before anyone else challenge and it says the room is full
If i play someone who is good and we would like to play another game again ,then its not possible without to start a new room in friendly, and invite the same person by writing his psn name ...why not have a add friend button or even a play another game button
Really anoying...and the little coments you can leave after certain situations in the game and in halftime are really bad ... and i havent seen anyway to write my own coments that would be more suitiable .
I might get used to this by why change a good thing to a worse ?
And the last thing when you start a game the difficult level always stands on beginner and you cant change it ... that probably explains some bad goalkeeping online
Otherwise i like the game alot, but these simple things pisses me of in the onlinemode

Agreed, the on line is a big step backward compared to pes6, very disappointing.

I really lost a lot of interest for the game this year, but maybe better this way, about time to give some other games some fair time.

Last edited:
been playing pes2008 on ps3 and its a good game. as you guys have mentioned teamvision does work and the game is difficult on top player. The more i play, i am enjoying this game even more.

been playin this on the ps3.. at the mo for me top player is morientes. Scores goals for fun

Played Marseille... Cisse is sick ........:S wtf lol

who been impressed with a player they've used or played against?

lads can anyone tell me if this is ps3 or ps2 and if so is it a good thing

sorry ment to add a link but now i cant find it. im refering to a forum on pesfan.com or sumfin and it said about a vote has taken place for weather you should be able to add 3 logo slots from online in kit edit mode and people was sayin that the votes were all yes and that it had been granted and that you can go online and add 3 logo slots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom