WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo and PES2008 on Portuguese news:

http://videos.sapo.pt/RQsGfAzB1ORTvfvctyFf

They talk about how kids started playing in the street, now they play more on the couch, Ronaldo smiles at the beggining when mentioning diving in the game... :)

Bla bla bla really :)

Edit: The then says the Virtual Ronaldo is a lot like the Real Ronaldo, how he enjoys the dribbling and about how even though he's not a regular gamer, when he plays he plays to win, usually with Portugal or ManU.

Edit2: Davids was talking about diving in the game.

Last edited:
Christ, I know you lot moan alot on here about extremely trivial matters... but 10 mins to change the screen position is taking the piss.

I've always had to change the screen, but I think thats down to my TV as I have to move it on nearly every game. For this (PS3) I just zoomed out abit..
If you read the post I stated I'd never had to do anything to alter the game screen apart from one re centre before, why did they change it?

Sorry,but a quick point if you guys are playing on xbox live.

Wait until after midnight,it runs sweet with most players having 3 green bars.

Not ideal, but will do until a patch is released.

been playing the game since friday, and i'm really starting to enjoy it..as with every new pro evo takes a little getting used to

if people don't enjoy the game just take it back and get a refund, that's what i was gonna do if i didn't like it

i'm glad iv'e got the 360 version, really is smooth and iv'e had zero slowdown

Does anyone think that seabass has made this game so it is possible for patcher's to add to the game.If there are addidas boots in the game then why not three stripes included? So if the major brands have warned Konami about copyright issues,maybe/hopefully seabas has said "fuck it" i can't do it but i will make it possible for you guys to do it?Because with all the hype leading up to this release it seems weird so little has gone into this...[-o<:-k

been playing the game since friday, and i'm really starting to enjoy it..as with every new pro evo takes a little getting used to

if people don't enjoy the game just take it back and get a refund, that's what i was gonna do if i didn't like it

i'm glad iv'e got the 360 version, really is smooth and iv'e had zero slowdown

i know this has been asked a million times, but from your experience can u tell me if the gameplay is superfast? like the demo, or is it a nice normal speed? thanks mate

Does anyone think that seabass has made this game so it is possible for patcher's to add to the game.If there are addidas boots in the game then why not three stripes included? So if the major brands have warned Konami about copyright issues,maybe/hopefully seabas has said "fuck it" i can't do it but i will make it possible for you guys to do it?Because with all the hype leading up to this release it seems weird so little has gone into this...[-o<:-k

dunno if this has been covered, but lets say for example the 360, how would u patch a game for this? do u need a chip? how would it work?

Lazavas, the speed is slower than the demo. Not a lot slower, in my experience, but slower.

And you can't patch 360 games because nobody has cracked the MS encryption key that boots the disc (and they've been trying for years, so I don't think it will ever happen). You can copy it and play an exact copy if you have a modded machine, but you can't change the content or you need a new key that matches the content for the disc to boot.

You can't transfer option files easily either, you need an X-SATA which costs around £50, and even then once the option file is owned by a certain number of people, gamertags start getting banned.

The only next-gen console if you want patches etc. is the PS3 (although even then you can't have a proper patch yet, all you can do is use an option file - but, that's better than nothing).

lazavas, on the 360 you would need to alter the actual game to do editing - like on the pc -

When a game is made m$ signs the game and therefore 'locks' it as it is.

If you change anything, then you change the signature - then the xbox360 wont play it.

so until the 360 can play unsigned code, then its a no go im afraid

edit: JB beat me to it

Last edited:
My first 2 ranked games online were both completed but since then I've attempted to play 6/7 ranked games and on every occasion my oppenent has disconnected. I still get the 3 - 0 win but I'm angry because I havent actually won a game yet on merit.

Plus since I started playing PES 2008 everytime I turn on my PS3 within minutes I get the same erroe message saying that I've been signed out of the PS network.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm really pissed off right now!

can someone tell me why the seri a has no official matchball?

crap balls again, same keepers again and too fast. bloody gash.

Yes I have contacted Konami (for what it's worth). I guess even without the slowdown I personally would not be happy with the game (I will not bore everyone as to why).

As for Konami reading blogs etc., I suspect that they would generally ignore them, but with a negative response like this I think they might just be trying to work out just how many people in the fanbase are upset and so on. However, Konami might be going down the old EA route: a belief they (us) will ALWAYS buy PES so we really do not need to try to be innovative etc. Which is a shame as it will kill the series. (Even the most loyal of fanboys will eventually lose faith with such an approach).

Last thought from me then I think I'll be off this thread. I lived in the USA for around 2 years and in almost everything the customer service was fantastically better than in the UK, even in places like NYC. Why - well at least one reason was that the average customer expects nothing less and will not take bad service. While in the UK things are rather different.

The IMPORTANT point being if you expect bad service/products that's exactly what you will get, so perhaps the simple act of 1000's of us (playing on whatever platform) e-mailing Konami telling them why we are not statisfied with their efforts with PES2008, will have an impact.

Personally I think the whole fiasco of PES2008 might be the start of the end for PES - Konami clearly holds us - their customers - in contempt. And if this happens next year with 2009 (because they know they can get away with it and still have people giving the game 9/10 etc.) then personally I will NOT waste my time or money with any Konami game.

And if you think I'm some crank well a genuine community legend thinks PES2008 is the worse game he has seen in a long time (it's the guy behind the excellent GGS ultility commenting in the XBOX section). And then look at PESFAN - at lots of people saying just how let down they feel with PES2008.

Perhaps those of us 'moaning' just need to wake up and be thankful that Konami lowers itself to allowing us, mere customers, to give them our money.

what ever you say sister, it's always -and will be always- better then any footygame... you a******

can someone tell me why the seri a has no official matchball?

crap balls again, same keepers again and too fast. bloody gash.

I noticed that too, its strange. Has anyone started a La lIga yet?

My first 2 ranked games online were both completed but since then I've attempted to play 6/7 ranked games and on every occasion my oppenent has disconnected. I still get the 3 - 0 win but I'm angry because I havent actually won a game yet on merit.

Plus since I started playing PES 2008 everytime I turn on my PS3 within minutes I get the same erroe message saying that I've been signed out of the PS network.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm really pissed off right now!

never happend to me m8,
are u wireless LAN maybe?

what ever you say sister, it's always -and will be always- better then any footygame... you a******

hmmm funny. people used to say EA paid reviewers, yet what flashes up on the half tme screen? IGN.com!

no wonder it got a good review score! Scandalous!

never happend to me m8,
are u wireless LAN maybe?

Yes I'm on wireless but I think its the game that is causing it because I can start and finish friendly games online but not ranked games.

Plus I play Warhawk all the time and I never get disconnected.

in fact where are all the balls? i got told there were a few and i saw screens with the premier league ball in!

we get screwed again amn, only the teamgiest available and the nike for the spanish league and thats it!

Wow with insights like that I really know that I'm debating with the the brightest and best on Evo-Web. So why precisely what was it about my post that makes me an a******?

I REALLY want PES to finally produce a wonderful and rewarding simulation which has real depth...and that makes me what an a******?

Can you actually try engaging in the issues, perhaps? How is it I can fire up my PES6 on my old PS2 and it is rock solid...no slowdowns that I can notice...yet a game that looks more or less like a PS2 game cannot run problem free on my PS3...and I'm somehow moaning 'unfairly'. Are you serious?

This is not about FIFA versus PES...it's about the shoddy quality control and poor production values of Konami...even Seabass himself had his doubts BEFORE the game was released...is Seabass also a fool in your eyes?

Wow with insights like that I really know that I'm debating with the the brightest and best on Evo-Web. So why precisely what was it about my post that makes me an a******?

I REALLY want PES to finally produce a wonderful and rewarding simulation which has real depth...and that makes me what an a******?

Can you actually try engaging in the issues, perhaps? How is it I can fire up my PES6 on my old PS2 and it is rock solid...no slowdowns that I can notice...yet a game that looks more or less like a PS2 game cannot run problem free on my PS3...and I'm somehow moaning 'unfairly'. Are you serious?

This is not about FIFA versus PES...it's about the shoddy quality control and poor production values of Konami...even Seabass himself had his doubts BEFORE the game was released...is Seabass also a fool in your eyes?

It was an amazingly well thought out response by sando, was it not? I can't imagine what you'd be referred to if you didn't back up your comments with genuine opinion.

Yes, which is something good. Why can't we have it unlocked though? And i noticed there isn't a kit selection screen anymore.

I guess... its a license issue with nike... :(

Yeah... If noticed that fact as well... in every single cup... or master league... it´s frustratingly... we only can select the kits online or in friendly matches... I can´t understand why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom