WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we can transfer kits using this method.

We uploaded the files to

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=88NDHRCH

in the bin you should find a image of the cover, badly taken but hell

If Beatts or someone were to scan in the kits using an eye toy and copy the file from PS3.

SAVEDATA > BLES00110EUNIFORM01 > DATA.BIN/IMAGE.PNG/PARMAPFD/PARMA.SFO

Upload the file on the internet, put on memorystick and copy to PS3. We would then have to edit the rest of the kit manually.

Ive tried it with the file martix 808 uploaded and that worked fine.

Ok the quality wont be as good as an actual jpg but Beatts effort of the Man U kit looks better than nothing.

I hear we can only use eight scans thoe which would limit our options but we could do something like this:

Arsenal Home
Arsenal Away

Chelsea Home
Chelsea Away

Liverpool Home
Liverpool Away

Man U Home
Man U Away

Or whoever you like but thats what i would choose.

I just played my first and last game online.
I won 3-2, but it should have been 10-10.
All you have to do is run in a diagonal line, any line infact, and defenders part like the Red sea.
Defenders LOVE to leave hectares of space on the wings, and the keepers wtf.

I actually enjoyed playing the cpu for some reason (i never have before).
But multiplayer and online games are batshit-crazy goalfests.

I had some hilarious moments on line with the keepers sending it in all sorts of ways. Me and the other guy had a good lough at the end, it was a 4-4 with3 keepers huge mistakes. They do need to fix that.

Say what you want to say, but negativity is over exaggerated. People who post negativity in here are making the game like its complete shit; it isn't. I don't like this moaning because it's not fair. This game certainly isn't what we expected it to be but that does not mean it is UTTER shit. Fifa looks better, PES plays better. Period.

Tell me everybody is entitled to their opinions, true. But opinions that aren't sensible don't hold any value. Some people are looking for the PERFECT game that suits them. Don't we all want that? But we have to understand that we would never have that eventhough i wish we can.

Fact is, Fifa looks better, PES plays better. Period. And no this isn't only my opinion; this is a fact. Again everyone entitled to an opinion, yes. But sorry to say this, not everyone has common sense.

I have two footy games this year. I'll play both. Both aren't as good as i want them to be. But do i have a choice this year? No. So i'll just have to live with it and make the best out of it.

Let's be honest, this game was not ready to ship, ps3 slowdowns and a lot of people having problems with the pc version, huge keeper bug, on line clearly not ready.

U think they could have postponed the release date and use 1 or 2 months to fix things up. I mean they could have sold it at christmas and sold the usual numbers.

I cant believe some of the problems people have with this game. I dont think I have ever seen so much criticism to a PE/WE game. The multiplayer sounds real worrying for me. I dont want to play a game where its just end to end non stop, chances at will.

Also I cant believe your own players still do that stupidness of standing behind a CPU defender and not thinking to move into space to recieve the ball.

Still criticism is refreshing as long as it reaches Seabass and he cares.

Say what you want to say, but negativity is over exaggerated. People who post negativity in here are making the game like its complete shit; it isn't. I don't like this moaning because it's not fair. This game certainly isn't what we expected it to be but that does not mean it is UTTER shit. Fifa looks better, PES plays better. Period.

Tell me everybody is entitled to their opinions, true. But opinions that aren't sensible don't hold any value. Some people are looking for the PERFECT game that suits them. Don't we all want that? But we have to understand that we would never have that eventhough i wish we can.

Fact is, Fifa looks better, PES plays better. Period. And no this isn't only my opinion; this is a fact. Again everyone entitled to an opinion, yes. But sorry to say this, not everyone has common sense.

I have two footy games this year. I'll play both. Both aren't as good as i want them to be. But do i have a choice this year? No. So i'll just have to live with it and make the best out of it.

Totally agree!!:applause:

I am incredibly offended by that.

I have played FIFA 08 almost every day since release, I've played PES for a few hours and I'm fairly sure I won't be buying it this year. I like one game, I don't like the other. What does that have to do with common sense?

If you can't accept that then you're the one with the problem.

What makes it fact that PES is a better game, why because you say so? you claim that not everyone has common sense, yet your post reeks of the same lack of judgement. You claim the moaning ''is not fair''.............not fair on whom? in what way does peoples comments impact you? enjoy the game and let people post what they feel

I am incredibly offended by that.

I have played FIFA 08 almost every day since release, I've played PES for a few hours and I'm fairly sure I won't be buying it this year. I like one game, I don't like the other. What does that have to do with common sense?

If you can't accept that then you're the one with the problem.

fifa fanboy!;)

BTW i just checked the first page and had a good laugh at the things that were reported about the game like "goalkeepers very realistic".

I am playing on low setting so i can't tell, but are things like "sweat, moving hair and flowing kit" in the game???

I got PES2008 on PS2 and PS3 today, both amazing! Played only 2 games on each vs my mate and they were soo good, 2-1, 2-1 I won both that was PS2, then PS3 think 4-4 and he won on penalties then I won 2-0 :D

Its sooo goood! Oh yeah NO slowdown during play for PS3 at all at the moment, not that bad on replay, looks more like its in slo mo than anything, which tbh I think still looks alright. Im all for effects even if they didnt mean it haha :lol:

*edit* Charlie are you trying to irritate people on purpose, if so, meh I aint even gonna bother, cause its clear you are, especially considering everyone knows there isnt any sweat etc in the game!

Last edited:
Yah, you can chose to bring up a defender, but where do you chose which player to do so?

You know the answers for the other questions?
Thanks for your respond mate. =)

jflores said:
Can you elaborate mate?

Setplay settings > Player to go up > Choose up to 3 players.

I choose the tallest 3 obviously or ones with high jump & header stats ;)

I hope that is what yous asked about.

After my last couple of pretty negative posts towards pes 2008 I thought it best i provide an update seeing as I've had another night of playing the game. Thankfully the more you play the game, the more you grow to like it - not sure why but I'm getting less slowdown now then when i first started playing the game. Also it took me a while to get used to the more arcadey approach to the game mechanics but once mastered you can really play some great flowing football....played a World cup last night and it was mustard.

My view that i had fifa and pro on the same level has changed. The pro gameplay has won me over - i think this will do me just about for another year. Still going to check out the ps2 version though.

And im certainly looking forward to fifa 09 and pes 2009 next year.

you fat tool shut up. you dont have a clue what you are talking about. you are probably some fat big headed tool who works up the city and your girl friend blatently has you under the thumb. if i was you i would stop trying to be like your 15 year old brother who is clearly some super good looking chick magnet.

ps. maybe you should try and get down the gym a bit more

Well im sorry to say that even though you say it is a fact - its still not a fact, its still your opinion.

And then you go on to say about people with no common sense???? Sheeeeshh.

Your one of the better members on here Lami, but to force your opinion as fact is way off the mark.

I for instance dont like the gameplay on pes2008 at all this year, its too easy to score with a shot on target and the passing is too much like pinball.

Well I have inserted a couple of kits now.

The key is the try and get the colour as flat as possible but that isn'y easy :lol:

unitedkq7.png

There is some hope at least.

That manU kit looks great. ^^
Carl, will you uploading your file? And are you still working with the guys from WENB?

I got PES2008 on PS2 and PS3 today, both amazing! Played only 2 games on each vs my mate and they were soo good, 2-1, 2-1 I won both that was PS2, then PS3 think 4-4 and he won on penalties then I won 2-0 :D

Its sooo goood! Oh yeah NO slowdown during play for PS3 at all at the moment, not that bad on replay, looks more like its in slo mo than anything, which tbh I think still looks alright. Im all for effects even if they didnt mean it haha :lol:

*edit* Charlie are you trying to irritate people on purpose, if so, meh I aint even gonna bother, cause its clear you are, especially considering everyone knows there isnt any sweat etc in the game!

4-4!! Thats the problem people are complaining about as it seems defenders are leaving open space.

I noticed your high scoring game was on PS3.
How is the defending and 'keepers in the PS2 version compared to PS3?

I could only afford one game(with trading in a game), but if the PS2 version is better defensively, i'll find the money.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak for me mate. ;)

I spoke for Jack Bauer in an earlier post, but he agreed is seemed from his reply, but I disagree with you so now I am saying that.

Sure PES5 was a great game in my opinion. Having PES5 released three years in a row with slightly changes things, more graphical polishes and tons of stuff removed, is not great. They have made no efforts to change anything, and I'm fed up, so therefor PES2008 sucks. PES5 good, PES2008 bad.

Besides, why do they feel like the need to release the same game every year? PES5 still exists, so why not try something new with the new game?

FIFA08 is in my opinion a more realistic interpretation of football. Like in real life, I can decide where and how hard I want to pass, and longpass, and shoot, and throughpass. PES right now has nothing going for it in my opinion, unless you count the "PES feeling" which has been the same in every "new" game for the past 2 years (and I know I've gotten completely bored with it as other games have advanced and given me tastes of what can be done using analog sticks and power bars). It's not new, it's the same old with new squads.
Saying it is the best simulation of soccer seems backwards to me, because I can't do any of the things I can do in real life, like choosing the height and power of my shot separately (oh yes, it can be done...), or deciding to strike my pass 0.5 meters infront of my teammate rather 0.7 meters (oh yes, it can mean the difference of a perfect pass or an intercepted pass).

You say "PES plays better", but what is your definition of good? When it comes to football, I don't consider autoaiming doing the work for me "good". Nor do I appreciate only being able to aim in 8 directions when striking longpasses.

Seems like so many like PES because it is the best football simulation, yet they don't want to do any of the work that comes with real football, like aiming or judging powers, or such.

- Look at this awesome goal I scored!
- You didn't score a goal, you just aimed in a general direction and pressed the shotbutton for a while. The game did all the work for you. Stop taking credit, what you did took no skill whatsoever, unless you count having the use of your thumbs a "skill".

- Why did my shot not hit the goal?
- Because this is FIFA08, you need to aim accurately with the analog stick for the player to aim on goal in the first place.
- I need to ...aim?" F*ck this shiet, I want C. Ronaldo to hit the goal even if I am playing with a blindfold, because that is how real football is played, and that's fact! I hope Seabass invents a way to only have one button to do all things in the game, that way I can have Messi doing a perfect 1-2 pass with Ronaldinho and then lobbing the keeper with a perfect shot, all while I sip a margarita with my other hand... Actually, I'll just let the CPU play the CPU while I yell at the screen and delusion myself into thinking I have any influence at all into what goes on. This is football!

This isn't directed at you Lami, and I couldn't bother writing this in a "nice" kind of way, so no hard feelings against you at all from me just so you know. This is just a way for me to get my point across as clearly as possible, by taking extreme examples which better highlight my general reasoning and thoughts. It's obviously exaggerated but this is sort of what I hear sometiems when reading the posts here. Not that you aren't entitled to your opinions, because you are. I am just voicing my own. :)

Dude your schtick go boring months ago

Ahahah.

Oh no you did not.

i cant believe, you said i was boring,
laffo time, ur post left me snoring
but oh no, you left me weeping
can we make up, and then go sleeping (?)
actually no, you've made me mad
you said dude, which made me sad
now get ready, the pain will be a lot
here it comes, you mispelled "got"

wicky wo wicky way
emotheheow1.gif

step off dog before my rhymes melt ur face

Last edited:
Ahahah.

Oh no you did not.

by the way, you mispelled "got"

wicky wo wicky way
emotheheow1.gif

LOL thats amazing :lol:

Also trance I think your wrong tbh, even in fifa its the same as PES, cept you can aim in 'more' directions, if its a skill in fifa its a skill in PES, cause basically its the same aim at goal where you want and predict the power for the shot and your done.

Ahahah.

Oh no you did not.

here it comes, you mispelled "got"

wicky wo wicky way
emotheheow1.gif

LOL, I'll give you that one, that was good

LOL thats amazing :lol:

Also trance I think your wrong tbh, even in fifa its the same as PES, cept you can aim in 'more' directions, if its a skill in fifa its a skill in PES, cause basically its the same aim at goal where you want and predict the power for the shot and your done.

And this is assuming you have everything set to manual? Because if you do, the resolution of the aiming is extremely fine. It's not just "more directions", it is "all directions" basically.

You can try and aim just between two opponents and squeeze passes through narrow passages. You can't do that in PES, because the game takes it's own decisions where to aim when passing.

When shooting, if the goalkeeper is in the middle and a player is hugging the post, you can aim between them, where as in PES you can only aim to the general direction, in which case the game might aim for just by the post, hitting the player standing there.

There are countless more situations where FIFA's analog aiming blows PES out of the water.

You say "cause basically its the same aim at goal where you want and predict the power for the shot and your done".

How can you say that? The whole point is that you CAN'T aim "where you want" in PES. You can't pick a blade of grass and try to aim for that like you can in FIFA, where even the slightest nudge on the stick gives a different aiming direction. You can pick a general COMPASS DIRECTION, but that seems kind of blunt don't ya agree? Blade of grass vs. Asia... sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom