WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened the package,got the ps3 fired up and sat down with a cuppa t play my favourite game..Already played fifa08 and that is brilliant so a good end of year for games.So put the game on and after a few minutes it went dark.black,black, black, black ,black, black,the black is coming to get me black i say,black, black, black, black, black,black,black,deep depression,black,my world is over,black,black,black, oh bollocks...

Bollocks, it's release day and I have to admit I am really, really tempted, despite people confirming it's an arcade game. Help me. :(

buy it. give it a week mate - it does grow on you despite its many obvious faults. Can always trade it in!

I have bothe fifa and pro - and i enjoy both but i honestly have to say pro still pips fifa in the gameplay stakes IMO. altho as i have said many times, i do enjoy this years fifa alot. up to you!

Bollocks, it's release day and I have to admit I am really, really tempted, despite people confirming it's an arcade game. Help me. :(

'Arcade game' is a little unfair unless your mind solely works in dialectic opposites (arcade/simulation).

Its PES.

The AI has improved massively both attacking and defending, altho defending is a little more difficult than the X fest of previous PES'. The difficulty is genuinely harder than previous PES' without the cheating. Crap teams are actually worse than the best teams and are different to play against, the overlooked problems Fifa has with lesser teams playing like world class teams (cheap hard AI) is not evident in this game.

The ingame slowdown on PS3 is as bad as PES5, nothing that harms the game, altho the replays are quite frustrating and despite not really effecting the game, its not very nice watching all your hardwork chugging at 10-15FPS. I think fifa get away with alot here tho, its not as smooth as the game, but not as drastic as PES.

I've not played online yet, but that was down to my network config.. not sure if i will bother opening up UDP ports until the game is patched, which will hopefully fix the main problem with the game not being a 9/10.

The flaws are there for you to see, but the gameplay right there as soon as you've settled back down from fifa style of play.

I've gotta say I think the grass is superb, best grass on next gen (particularly close up), the lighting on the players is also top notch, I find its its mainly the backgrounds that let it down.

Uhh I am having the same problem as the demo, I win easily on max level, in the other pes i would struggle to score on top player, now for some reason goals come at will. it seems i have more space than in the other pes and shooting seems easier as well. Headers are also more effective.

Anyone feeling the same???

WOOHOO!

Just rang Blockbuster, thinking they'd never have it in... And they do! So off I go to rent it for £3 - it's worth that, surely. ;)

Expect a long-arsed review tonight... :mryellow:
Be fair and choose the Xbox version to test. We all know about the PS3 problems.
I like to read your vision ( no teamvision I am sure :D ) to know how you see it on the 360 version.

Uhh I am having the same problem as the demo, I win easily on max level, in the other pes i would struggle to score on top player, now for some reason goals come at will. it seems i have more space than in the other pes and shooting seems easier as well. Headers are also more effective.

Anyone feeling the same???
Sounds silly, but try Professional. Top player is pressing hard and therefore leaving gaps in the defense. You also can try another 5 matches at topplayer, after which the Teamvision should have taken care of the defensive mess :)
Maybe you are just too good, that's also possible :)

Sounds silly, but try Professional. Top player is pressing hard and therefore leaving gaps in the defense. You also can try another 5 matches at topplayer, after which the Teamvision should have taken care of the defensive mess :)
Maybe you are just too good, that's also possible :)

I am average on line, i don't really have any pattern of playing, i try to vary it as much as possible. So i am not sure how to see this teamvision but my players in general seem less lazy and make smarter run and don't shoot hideously anymore from half a metre. it is a fun game, but it almost feels like sensible soccer to me, not realistic at all. I am scoring tons of screamer, maybe the design the game to be more fun and easy, FIFA took the other patterns and can be frustrating at times.

Still the golies in pes are a disaster.

Ok Guys, I was going to make a mamoth post but after checking out the editing features it is quite clear that these are officialy non-existant.

I have mapped a couple of kits using the eyetoy and quality is absolute shit. I also mapped some faces with the same degree of success. The gameplay feels great but I am so pissed off with the editing it is unreal.

Once i map some more kits i will make a post with my findings. This game needs to get hacked so we van patch it. There is really no alernative guys. :(

I'm not bothering with it. Maybe WE instead but I just can't see any appeal to PES. The gameplay has become old and stale personally. The whole game needs a major rehaul lthough I doubt WE will have much difference it might be enough to take a look. But PES just seems basic, buggy and lacking atmosphere.

Ok Guys, I was going to make a mamoth post but after checking out the editing features it is quite clear that these are officialy non-existant.

I have mapped a couple of kits using the eyetoy and quality is absolute shit. I also mapped some faces with the same degree of success. The gameplay feels great but I am so pissed off with the editing it is unreal.

Once i map some more kits i will make a post with my findings. This game needs to get hacked so we van patch it. There is really no alernative guys. :(

Good, we said this thing a week ago and everybody attacked us and said that the kits on WENB were awsome. No they weren't at all. But thanks for being honest and giving your time to make the game look better.

I am sure Juce is gonna give us his kitserver soon.

Be fair and choose the Xbox version to test. We all know about the PS3 problems.
I like to read your vision ( no teamvision I am sure :D ) to know how you see it on the 360 version.
I'd be daft to get the PS3 version. I don't have a PS3. :D

Just got it now, watching the intro movie. Weird that they use a half-decent (real) song for the intro and the rest of the game is fake songs...

What's with the women in bikinis?! Come on Konami!

I'd be daft to get the PS3 version. I don't have a PS3. :D

Just got it now, watching the intro movie. Weird that they use a half-decent (real) song for the intro and the rest of the game is fake songs...

What's with the women in bikinis?! Come on Konami!

The intro vid was done by a team outside of Konami in Europe and I think it's brilliant. I'd sack the whole of Konami's graphics and art department and have these guys doing the menus and music.

I have bought PES2008 2hours ago. biggest mistake in my life and I am already selling it again! LOL

- slowdowns all the place even though I have installed the game and I am using a fullHD LCD
- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- the pitch looks extremly blurry. looks like a PS2 texture
- the running animations, direction change animations look oldgen
- ball physics? sorry but this is not a realistic ball physic
- gameplay -> aracde all over. wonder where to insert the coin for a rematch
- menu -> ugly and not user friendly
- licenses -> same old song been played all years long
- masterleague -> why the fuck is it so hard to create a realistic league structure
- penalty camera -> WTF
- replays look horrible and lag like hell- even the camera angles are more horrible than in FIFA
- ball speed at crosses or high passes is ridiculous fast
- distance shots are poewerfull? I know 10years old who can shoot harder and faster than ballack in PES2008 from distance
- AI -> dumb like hell. I played a match on 5*. I won 2:1 and all 3 goals where own goals. the AI tried to clear some shots and tackled them with no need or danger in their own goal: ROFL
- goal net form is horrible. never seen this in real life
- menu music is bad
- commentary is bad (german)- although not as bad as in FIFA (german)
- playername font-size over the head of the controlled player is like 30 or higher. the font is bigger than the player itself
- the yellow cross which indicates where the ball will fall down after a cross is looking horrible and cant be turned off

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

I warn all of you. dont buy this crap and make the same mistake I did

:shock::shock::shock:

IN 2 HOURS YOU FOUND AII THIS

The intro vid was done by a team outside of Konami in Europe and I think it's brilliant. I'd sack the whole of Konami's graphics and art department and have these guys doing the menus and music.

I agree! The intro song is the best piece of music in the game BY FAR, the rest is purely annoying crap. The movie is pretty cool, although something actually football related would have been better.

I would definately take the techno music from the past couple of games back instead of this.

So mixing kits was left out since pes6 like some tactical options (very important for me, pressing and counterattack level are not there anymore), pes2008 left out some 15 stadia, training options, kit selction in masterleague, fewer boots, editing pretty useless, no new game modes, no 2vs2 on line, u still can't play masterleague with other team c, camera angles disappeared (very important for me), commentary has changed in some languages but not in mine (italian, thanks konami for keeping the same 2 boring commentators).

Quite frankly how can u possibly be satisfied with that i don't know. Gameplay is a smoother pes6 which is good, but 18 months for this???????

Good, we said this thing a week ago and everybody attacked us and said that the kits on WENB were awsome. No they weren't at all. But thanks for being honest and giving your time to make the game look better.

I am sure Juce is gonna give us his kitserver soon.

Thing is the kits would look awesome if they could be imported directly from the png. The problem arises with the crap quality of the camera. Also i made the kits when it was not known that importing via the source file was not allowed. So back of a bit with your im right you wrong attitude.

Thing is the kits would look awesome if they could be imported directly from the png. The problem arises with the crap quality of the camera. Also i made the kits when it was not known that importing via the source file was not allowed. So back of a bit with your im right you wrong attitude.

Nothing against ur work, but a lot against people who tries to sell stuff not knowing how it is gonna work exactly. Why making people believe we can easily import high quality texture when they did not know it for sure?????

Nothing against ur work, but a lot against people who tries to sell stuff not knowing how it is gonna work exactly. Why making people believe we can easily import high quality texture when they did not know it for sure?????

Because we were told that this was possible, and the textures were produced in order to get a head start on the option file wich many people yourself included no-doubt would be waiting for. But clearly this was a mistake as you believe we conned you all. Which to be honest is pretty sad.

Well these "mistakes" are happening quite consistently and they are always very misleading aren't they??? And for some reason they are always PS3 biased, like PS3 3 times better, in PS3 some extra modes, PS3 smoother, in PS3 easier to import kits etc.

One wonders whether these contacts are actually not from konami but from Sony.....

Anyway those famous contacts telling all these things have lost credibility a long time ago.

Last edited:
I am not saying I don't like this game, I can put up with certain things wrong in the game but when it crashes, freezes and sometimes wont even load the match itself I seriously think I've been conned. For 3hrs last night i had problems with this so much I'm taking the disc to be replaced with another in case it is faulty. I no computer genius but I als do know quite a bit and saying I have to change settings to play one game football is not right. This is very shoddy work from konami and sony. If builder builds a house but leaves bricks out he'd be crucified isn't that what those idiots have done with our fav game, left things out.

Well these "mistakes" are happening quite consistently and they are always very misleading aren't they??? And for some reason they are always PS3 biased, like PS3 3 times better, in PS3 some extra modes, PS3 smoother, in PS3 easier to import kits etc.

One wonders whether this contacts are actually not from konami but from Sony.....

Anyway those famous contacts telling all these things have lost credibility a long time ago.

I smell a 360-fanboy :D

Again, can someone tell me when will be relised Winning Eleven edition of PES 2008???
I just bought PES 2008 but like always WE is (I dont know why) much better

WOOHOO!

Just rang Blockbuster, thinking they'd never have it in... And they do! So off I go to rent it for £3 - it's worth that, surely.

Expect a long-arsed review tonight...

Dont put yourself through the pain Jack! We all know you will only dislike the game even more as so many of the features we want are still utter shite, and thats without all the added bonuses of slowdown/missing elements/cripling "options" (c-league)/continued scripting/etc.

Fuck sake mate, you have no clue.

These were not told by wenb's contacts but by sources found online.And reported in many more places than the blog. Somethings have been misleading but thats what happens when you try to give people the latest news, you report what you see and hear. What you dont understand is that the guys at WENB get fed up with people like you throwing shit at them for trying to help.

All you constantly post is slanderous coments about the game, the blog, and other members which i for one find both offencive and disrespectful.

The amount of negativity this year is rediculous. You need to grow up.

I smell a 360-fanboy

How Han? Because he calls people up for their obvious ps3 favourtism? Thats not fanboy behaviour. If you check he isnt saying the 360 rules or that the ps3 is a pile of crap or any of that crap, he's just highlighting an obvious element in the comments/news that was provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom