WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a question apart from the game....editing / patching...has someone try to access the files on the HD (PS3)?

i read about some exploit, who says that the access to the HD of the PS3 trought the PC is possible?

has anyone try this?

if is truth, mayby we can change something!

I guess I will wait for the ps3 ver of World soccer winning eleven 2008 (jap) instead of buying PES2008, even though I cannot read japanese.
Does anyone feel the same way as me?

yep im gonna get WE2008 for sure for PS3,
I play it every year and i always finds it more balanced then PES,just my personal taste maybe!?

Btw first time i played the game (last saturday) the game freezed for me also when i pressed START button.the screen just freezed and also had some slowdowns.
But after installing the game on HDD, i never had the issue again.
So from last saturday till now i never had the freezing issue or major slow downs after installing on HDD.

Some latest news

[MC-PS3] PSM 3 review scores: PES 2008 86%, FIFA 08 63% - http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22239

FIFA 08. 63%
Overall: Impressive online modes and good graphics - but slow, predictable and unsatisfying. Shame.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. 86%
Overall: A backward step in some ways. But it's still PES, and remains horrifyingly addictive.

[Winning11 Blog] W.E.N.B. ConsoleGoals Goal Of The Month Competition Commences! - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/wenb-consolegoals-goal-of-month.html
[Winning11 Blog] Pro-G Thoughts On How To Make PES 2009 Amazing! - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/pro-g-thoughts-on-how-to-make-pes-2009.html

After my last couple of pretty negative posts towards pes 2008 I thought it best i provide an update seeing as I've had another night of playing the game. Thankfully the more you play the game, the more you grow to like it - not sure why but I'm getting less slowdown now then when i first started playing the game. Also it took me a while to get used to the more arcadey approach to the game mechanics but once mastered you can really play some great flowing football....played a World cup last night and it was mustard.

My view that i had fifa and pro on the same level has changed. The pro gameplay has won me over - i think this will do me just about for another year. Still going to check out the ps2 version though.

And im certainly looking forward to fifa 09 and pes 2009 next year.

After my last couple of pretty negative posts towards pes 2008 I thought it best i provide an update seeing as I've had another night of playing the game. Thankfully the more you play the game, the more you grow to like it - not sure why but I'm getting less slowdown now then when i first started playing the game. Also it took me a while to get used to the more arcadey approach to the game mechanics but once mastered you can really play some great flowing football....played a World cup last night and it was mustard.

My view that i had fifa and pro on the same level has changed. The pro gameplay has won me over - i think this will do me just about for another year. Still going to check out the ps2 version though.

And im certainly looking forward to fifa 09 and pes 2009 next year.

Nice post mate, very balanced and I believe this is the way alot of people see the game. :applause:

For all those who are saying "Its crap"

You must be wrong in the head.

Yes a lot of features are missing but the good old gameplay shines out again.

2 good footy games this year and I will be playing them both.

The excuses continue. Now, if you say anything negative, you're exaggerating. Some people on this forum really are true fanboys and will not accept a bad word being said about PES. Everything that has been said about the game looking poor before release, we were told to wait for the demo. We wait for the demo and told the final release is different. We get the final release and now we're exaggerating. When will some of you grow up and accept that your beloved game DOES have faults, whether you like it or not? Stop being blind and getting so defensive when someone makes a comment on PES which doesn't fit in with your perfect game.

Nice to see some positive reactions here to .... and i feel exactly the same way im not really sure when it happened but all of a sudden im drawn into the game, its really plays wonderful and the defending that i found so hard in the first few games works wonderful now
I even think the games looks damn good in motion
I didnt think that when i first played the demo

Now im just waiting for the online mode to start working nicely ...then i know i will be damn happy with the game until the next comes out

I hope that everyone who have this game dont give up ... continue play and after your first disapointment you will soon discover the truly beautiful gameplay
Best pes so far despite its flaws

For all those who are saying "Its crap"

You must be wrong in the head.

Yes a lot of features are missing but the good old gameplay shines out again.

2 good footy games this year and I will be playing them both.

Have you played it on live yet mate.

Its fucking awful.

Players just flicker past you,dissappearing then turning up 5 yards away.

Ha ha what a fucking absolute shambles.

This game can go fuck its empty head.

My first online game had no lag at all, the second had a tiny bit of lag and the third...the less said about that the better (the players went for a walk about). The game didn't even register as a completed match, my profile says I've played 2 games.

And those legit games were against Barca n Inter, isn't that surprising.

I played a nice on line game last nite, my opponent's player kaka peformed the "invisible man trick", he was down the wing, disappeared and 2 second later he was right in front of my goly and score....

Yes on line is really broken at the moment and the new lobby system is pretty bad.

Having said that, i also think u can play some really nice football in this version mostly because of two thing: easy to dribble and pass defenders so u can create huge gaps in the opponents defense, very nice attacking moves and players are less likely to go off side. PLus supersmooth.

I mean fun game for sure but a step back in term of realism. And u can't honestly sell a game that has half the feature of pes5 and pes6.

after one night with several of matches... I have to say the gameplay is just great... the best gameplay experience so far compared to the other versions... but the lack of options and new modes is obviously. But hey I didn´t expect to much.. come on it´s PES... So if you want the best Football Simulation this year I think you have to get Winning Eleven 2008... as always

overall I give PES 2008 82/100

Sorry Am i missing something???: i started a masterleague to play just 1 quick game, me and the other team had the uniform of the same bloody color. What should i do to select the uni before the game, anything new to press????

Yesterday i played a game online. I was kicking his ass BUT all of a sudden the screen said "connection lost".. I went like what the fuck! Why are you leaving!! YES give me the 3-0 win!!..................

BUT When I took a look at my profile I had my first disconnection :@ I was winning and i didn`t quit but the opponent was getting a 3-0 win! FFS how the fuck can this happen!?!? This really pissed me offfffffff because i was enjoying online and had some great games with minimum lag.

Thats pathetic.

Anyone else notice that there have been no TV ads for the game?

Just had my first game lads, first half i was shakey and not enjoying things too much, second half i scored a peachg of a goal with berbatov that made me smile, from their i saw out the match 1-0 :D

Will upload a vid of my first goal ever later! *back to the game*

I scored an amazing goal yesterday but forgot to save it. So I said "Oh, I'll save it from the highlights at the end", then I forgot to do that too.

It's a cool new feature but maybe Konami can help me out next year and have the game automatically save the highlights for your last 5 games. :p

I scored an amazing goal yesterday but forgot to save it. So I said "Oh, I'll save it from the highlights at the end", then I forgot to do that too.

It's a cool new feature but maybe Konami can help me out next year and have the game automatically save the highlights for your last 5 games. :p

You would probably still forget to save! hahaha

Yesterday i played a game online. I was kicking his ass BUT all of a sudden the screen said "connection lost".. I went like what the fuck! Why are you leaving!! YES give me the 3-0 win!!..................

BUT When I took a look at my profile I had my first disconnection :@ I was winning and i didn`t quit but the opponent was getting a 3-0 win! FFS how the fuck can this happen!?!? This really pissed me offfffffff because i was enjoying online and had some great games with minimum lag.

same here
was playing againt my cousin online
first half i pwned him 2-0 with barca,then second half started after couple of mins he had the bal with the keeper and he needed to kick the ball(goal kick) but he did do anything for 50 sec,called him up by phone he saw msg 'waiting for otehr player'
while i was waiting for him to kick the ball with the keeper:(

so yes the online has many issue's ...but thats a know fact now
when u start the online mode,read the msg that apears.
Konami is a ware of this issue,and there working on a fix now.

@Beatts keep playing more matches m8, u wil deffo wil like it more and more....and then go work with the kitts on PS3 L0L( hope it works out)

I like the optimism of many members here, it surely match the optimism of the konami board, making huge profit with minimum effort. This game should be sold as an update for 5 euros.

Bollocks, it's release day and I have to admit I am really, really tempted, despite people confirming it's an arcade game. Help me. :(

WOOHOO!

Just rang Blockbuster, thinking they'd never have it in... And they do! So off I go to rent it for £3 - it's worth that, surely. ;)

Expect a long-arsed review tonight... :mryellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom