WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought PES2008 2hours ago. biggest mistake in my life and I am already selling it again! LOL

- slowdowns all the place even though I have installed the game and I am using a fullHD LCD
- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- the pitch looks extremly blurry. looks like a PS2 texture
- the running animations, direction change animations look oldgen
- ball physics? sorry but this is not a realistic ball physic
- gameplay -> aracde all over. wonder where to insert the coin for a rematch
- menu -> ugly and not user friendly
- licenses -> same old song been played all years long
- masterleague -> why the fuck is it so hard to create a realistic league structure
- penalty camera -> WTF
- replays look horrible and lag like hell- even the camera angles are more horrible than in FIFA
- ball speed at crosses or high passes is ridiculous fast
- distance shots are poewerfull? I know 10years old who can shoot harder and faster than ballack in PES2008 from distance
- AI -> dumb like hell. I played a match on 5*. I won 2:1 and all 3 goals where own goals. the AI tried to clear some shots and tackled them with no need or danger in their own goal: ROFL
- goal net form is horrible. never seen this in real life
- menu music is bad
- commentary is bad (german)- although not as bad as in FIFA (german)
- playername font-size over the head of the controlled player is like 30 or higher. the font is bigger than the player itself
- the yellow cross which indicates where the ball will fall down after a cross is looking horrible and cant be turned off

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

I warn all of you. dont buy this crap and make the same mistake I did

I have bought PES2008 2hours ago. biggest mistake in my life and I am already selling it again! LOL

- slowdowns all the place even though I have installed the game and I am using a fullHD LCD
- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- masterleague -> why the fuck is it so hard to create a realistic league structure
- penalty camera -> WTF
- replays look horrible and lag like hell- even the camera angles are more horrible than in FIFA
- distance shots are poewerfull? I know 10years old who can shoot harder and faster than ballack in PES2008 from distance
- AI -> dumb like hell. I played a match on 5*. I won 2:1 and all 3 goals where own goals. the AI tried to clear some shots and tackled them with no need or danger in their own goal: ROFL
- menu music is bad
- playername font-size over the head of the controlled player is like 30 or higher. the font is bigger than the player itself
- the yellow cross which indicates where the ball will fall down after a cross is looking horrible and cant be turned off

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

ok i wont buy it cos u said so.. :lmao:

have to say that lawensons commentary is nothing short of dreadful - he sounds like he is on the end of a phone reading from a peice of paper.

The other guy is good though a big improvement.

Im a little concerned with the easy goals as well, im not very good at pes but i can easily beat the top sides with liverpool by a few goals at least.

Shoot hard in middle of the net = goal.

Seems like alot of the slowdown can be attributed to the crowd being visible in play. On the PC version on High detail level, when you have crowd just by the sidelines, you can see the game constantly going back and forth between high-res and pixel models. If there is less players on screen, the game seems to switch to more high-res models, and if it is crowded, it switches to lesser detailed crowds. In Replay mode though, this scaling doesn't happen, and most crowd models are the high resolution kind, which makes replays really choppy.

So using closer can will avoid you getting crowds in the view in most circumstances.

thats the same of we7 8 and 9 on the ps2. WHY is it STILL an issue with next gen and on PS3 no less? MLB 07 the show ran beautifully on the ps3(almost sad I got rid of my ps3 because the baseball games were really good on it this year)

I'm in shock to see these types of issues with we2008.

the general consense is that pes works better on the sony format BUt it runs slower looks choppy compared to the 360's faster more cleaner looking game.

Sarcasm? :/

Champions League has been class this week

Arsenal won 7:0, wow.

Pompey do it and it's an embarassment to the league, Arsenal do it and "BRILLIANCE"

It's just dull at this stage, seriously.

Real Madrid are the only team that are good to watch for the full 90, apart from that, bleh.

- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- penalty camera -> WTF
- menu music is bad

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

I'll be giving this a try as I won't be getting fifa street 3.

i feel even though the pes game engine is no longer a standard to a realistic soccer simulation it at least still good as a alternative since it does have some accurate real world soccer standbys/. i liken fifa 08 as the best soccer game i've played since football kingdom(yes we can argue but that game was awesome) and I liken pes2008 to what we have on ps2 except that is now in widescreen and it's gameplay is a standby like pacman

Arsenal won 7:0, wow.

Pompey do it and it's an embarassment to the league, Arsenal do it and "BRILLIANCE"

It's just dull at this stage, seriously.

Real Madrid are the only team that are good to watch for the full 90, apart from that, bleh.

Arsenal, Man Utd, Milan, Madrid, two major scalps.... - it's been better than previous weeks anyway :p

Sorry I don't subscribe to Arsenal if that's what you think, I'm a Spurs supporter ;)

That is THE most negative post in the thread! :lol:

he's so proud of it he has to copy and paste it in this thread.

original

just as bad as 'zortex' starting two separate threads within the same hour on basically the same thing...trying to shred PES2008. (see the 'Playstation' section).

take a 420 break ;)

Last edited:
since I bought the game today I have to post negatives in the PES thread. If you had bought FIFA I wouldnt complain if you had posted negatives in a fifa thread.

Well playing 360 version and played alot of games now to comment of course playing on Top player.

They really ruined this game the AI dosnt know how to defend really dosnt games just turn into who can score most goals. All the AI know now is to attack properly the game has totally lost its balance really makes for unrealistic games if you sort your defence your totally laughing in this game.

There is slowdown especially in heavy crowded box which is absolutely diabolical framerate problems in replays to boot judders way to much. Gameplay just same old with added new animations some of them are good but same old foot planting problems. Stadiums are poor atmosphere is not a touch on Fifa thats for certain why cant Konami put proper team chants in you dont feel same atmosphere as Fifa at all.

Now dont get me started on keepers i literally want to pull my hair out they are so shocking so many times have they parried it into the the goal some really bad saves. Also i couldnt beleive it twice the AI headed the ball in its own goal from me crossing it was so bad. :shock:

This game really needs new life and complete overhaul i hope Seabass can deliver next year. I really want this game to be good and its fun on multiplayer but same old faults are there multiplayer or not.

Why does it feel that Konami for a while now have never outdone themself always part of game thats not complete. :( Really sad to see after many years of loving Pro Evo its finally becoming stale i just hope this changes in future.

Will continue to play some more but will be back to Fifa 08 before long no doubt.

Well playing 360 version and played alot of games now to comment of course playing on Top player.

They really ruined this game the AI dosnt know how to defend really dosnt games just turn into who can score most goals. All the AI know now is to attack properly the game has totally lost its balance really makes for unrealistic games if you sort your defence your totally laughing in this game.

There is slowdown especially in heavy crowded box which is absolutely diabolical framerate problems in replays to boot judders way to much. Gameplay just same old with added new animations some of them are good but same old foot planting problems. Stadiums are poor atmosphere is not a touch on Fifa thats for certain why cant Konami put proper team chants in you dont feel same atmosphere as Fifa at all.

Now dont get me started on keepers i literally want to pull my hair out they are so shocking so many times have they parried it into the the goal some really bad saves. Also i couldnt beleive it twice the AI headed the ball in its own goal from me crossing it was so bad. :shock:

This game really needs new life and complete overhaul i hope Seabass can deliver next year. I really want this game to be good and its fun on multiplayer but same old faults are there multiplayer or not.

Why does it feel that Konami for a while now have never outdone themself always part of game thats not complete. :( Really sad to see after many years of loving Pro Evo its finally becoming stale i just hope this changes in future.

Will continue to play some more but will be back to Fifa 08 before long no doubt.

This should become part of the new EvoWeb title, It's said on here every year....

- max 720p -> no FULLHD
- penalty camera -> WTF
- menu music is bad

+ player faces
+ goal celebrating

2 words:

Stop exaggerating.

MLB 07 the show ran beautifully on the ps3(almost sad I got rid of my ps3 because the baseball games were really good on it this year)

thats very truth..that game runs smooth as silk!
amazing game, bought my ps3 casue of that one.(although i stoped playing cause i wouldnt get real box scorer for my life due to too many singles, than o sold the big black dust keeper.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom