WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it possible too slow the speed down when we're creating OF's ? You know, modify the stats..

Just got me the game(360),and it is super smooth.

Quite impressed so far...

I must be off my head spending £40 on this.

I used to think my local game store had electric doors...was it fuck,it was that they just seen me coming...

Isn't it possible too slow the speed down when we're creating OF's ? You know, modify the stats..
Yes, certainly, but that is a lot of work. It's the players running speed, his dribbling speed, his short passing speed and long passing speed And that with ALL players.
Bit too much work for me :)

defense is horrible now. I :r2: myself into position waiting for the :x: tackle and my back four + DMF seem to run around as if they were retarded children. create mega-holes for the CPU to pass through and score.
I too have a big problem with tackling this way.
Compared with PES 6 it is very hard to tackle if a player is one-on-one with my defender, running at me. When you are too early, he goes past you and when you are too late you runs into him, receiving a free kick against you. ...or he runs past you again!
Is timing so critical with this tackle, or am I doing something wrong?

...hmmm that may be true for you Gesusaldinho,but i focus more on gameplay,i have to say PES is much further then FIFA on that area,but i agree if u choose for presentation then u have to play FIFA,still after playing FIFA08 on PS3 and 360 its deffo not up to PES gameplay.

without a doubt the gameplay mechanics are ahead of fifa but not byb the margin we wopuld normally expect. The technical issues and missing options are what are really disapointing me. On the slowdown issue - im not making it up - it is shocking on my TV. My pal hasnt been effected at all but i - and obviously others - have been effected.

just want to point out im a pro evo man - i dont want to feel this way! i import every winning eleven and buy every game they release...i will probably end up owning the 360 and ps2 versions as well....it is worth acknowledging the progression fifa has made - and im my opinion the regression the pro evo package has made.

Talking about the slowdown etc I noticed a while back people discussing changing the PS3's output resolution from 720 to 1080i and 1080p. The thing is, PES2008 is 720 and the PS3 will automatically change the resolution output to 720 as soon as the game is booted. So I don't think changing resolution will help anyone.

Someone has already said, that's not for PES2008, look at the faces. That's PES6. Just a rip-off artist out to make a few quid.

i dunno how it is in the other EU country's
but here in Holland its madnes in the stores
the game cost like 36 euro for every platform in all the stores!

this is because the game was rlsed here to early....dunno why yet

i dunno how it is in the other EU country's
but here in Holland its madnes in the stores
the game cost like 36 euro for every platform in all the stores!

this is because the game was rlsed here to early....dunno why yet

Really? I was just in the FRS and it was still the normal 60 for next gen and 45 for ps2 versions.

Quick question for those with the camera. When you take the photos, does it save to a seperate file so when you go to your ps3 game saves you can see a file of your pictures?( you know, in the same way you see a seperate file for the replays, seperate file for master league. Is there a seperate file for "in game pictures?".

hey, was on play asia site....i wanted to pre-order WE2008...and to my suprise they offer two version...one region free (asian market) and the second for Japon (NTSC-J)?

so both will work on my EU PS3! or not?

btw; any news or conformation about the english menu language?

Last edited:
I'm playing the 360 evrsion atm. I'm checking ML and positive thing is it is editable, as in you can choose whichever teams you want in whatever league. The letdown is, you can't pick teams from Other Leagues C :(

Funny how bad reviews make the headline at WENB for 10 min and then they are substituted by great news as "the game is out in San marino" and good reviews stay there all day long.

without a doubt the gameplay mechanics are ahead of fifa but not byb the margin we wopuld normally expect.

Can you elaborate on that? what aspects of "gameplay mechanics" are ahead of Fifa in your opinion? Or do you just mean response times and laser passing? To me neither of those aspects of PES are actually realistic, if they're what you're used to then sure it may seem better to have every player respond in an instant nano-second and every player able to ping laser passes around in instant nano-seconds but that's not realistic and not a gameplay mechanic I would put ahead of Fifa......

Lami that means the teams you edit cant be used?

Not if he edited league C teams.
Best you can do is copy all league B teams to the League C and edit the old League B. Then you cannot use those moved B league-teams but for me these are not so important. ( I hope I don't insult any fan of those teams ;) ).

BTW, at post #18426 I asked something about the tackles of PES 2008, but sofar no answer.... anyone?

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on that? what aspects of "gameplay mechanics" are ahead of Fifa in your opinion? Or do you just mean response times and laser passing? To me neither of those aspects of PES are actually realistic, if they're what you're used to then sure it may seem better to have every player respond in an instant nano-second and every player able to ping laser passes around in instant nano-seconds but that's not realistic and not a gameplay mechanic I would put ahead of Fifa......
I have to admit, I don't like the new PES, but I miss the response times. Realistic or not.

Response time and smoothness are really great in pes. And if u like scoring the good news is that this year u have plenty of space anywhere, very easy to build up great plays and find urself running unmarked in front of the goly.

Response time and smoothness are really great in pes. And if u like scoring the good news is that this year u have plenty of space anywhere, very easy to build up great plays and find urself running unmarked in front of the goly.

Nightmare for defenders then? I like keeping clean sheets as much as I like scoring goals.

I've not played a game of the demo that has finished 0-0, hit the ball straight at the goalkeeper and they'll deflect it into the net. There might as well not be a midfield, you can run from defence to attack without a problem - against the CPU, it will be different against a person admittedly, but that doesn't fix the goalkeepers.

Nightmare for defenders then? I like keeping clean sheets as much as I like scoring goals.

Well positioning of defenders is pretty funky to say the least, sliding tackles very hard and ref gives red and yellow very easily, normal tackles are to be timed properly or ur defender get stuck, controlling players is really smooth so good driblings are easy to pull off, shooting also seems easier to me, i predict lots of goals on line.

I loved pes5 on line, defending well was a beauty there.

I am pretty surprised nobody here saw the goly bug, I mean it is really something they deflect half the ball shot at them into the net.

Last edited:
Right here is my review:

I loaded the game and installed it onto my hard drive, it takes about 5 mins to do this. I then exited the game and restarted it.

First of all I guess i better talk about slowdown, I used the wide cam and have to say that during general gameplay there was little/no slowdown, hardly noticeable and deffo does not interfere with the gameplay. Replays though are very choppy. But the most important thing is that slowdown during the gameplay is hardly noticeable.

I have a tradition of playing the international cup as England with every PES that i get. I have started the cup and played 4 matches and I have to say that I am very impressed with the gameplay. Player animation is superb and the gameplay is superb, they have taken gameplay up another notch and that for me is the most important factor. Animations are also good. Even though they are slightly choppy I love the new cut scenes (when you give a penalty, foul or when you score) it makes the game feel authentic. i scored a last minute winner against Ivory Coast and the players rushed of to the bench and celebrated with all the subs and coaches.

AI is also been turned up a notch. Computer controlled teams are much cleverer and they try different things to break you down or to stop you from playing. Goalkeepers are again fine, especially Cech who was very hard to beat and made several breath taking saves.

The other thing that I am very impressed with is the way individual players react, for example Koller is very strong and very hard to knock of the ball, Ronaldo constantly ran at my defence and used tricks and even dived, but the referee spotted it and gave him a yellow card!!

Commentary is also much better this year, John Champion is very good, really adds to the experience. Lawro is less impressive, seems very scripted but still better than Trevor Brooking.

Overall I am loving the game, the gameplay is superb and I look forward to playing some of you guys via PSN.

FIFA is very good this year but in just 4 games I have seen why every year I always end up spending hours and hours playing PES. For me graphics etc are not as important having rock solid gameplay and again this year in my opinion PES delivers big time on this front.

I would give the game 8/10. It loses 2 marks because of the choppy replays and even though the slowdown is very minimal it does still have it and on a next gen machine that is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom