WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the servers gone live yet? Is their still lag?

I'm hearing that if you play on normal long then its 99.9% perfect...

Last edited:
got mine yesterday night for the ps3, im enjoying it at the moment not played it much yet but i have friday booked off work to rinse it !

the thing that i noticed was that how some players struggle to get any power behind there shoots and the some players kick it so hard u dont see the ball going in the back of the net.

im going to buy pes 2008 for ps2 - this will be the best gameplay experience available.

Do NOT buy the PS2 version. I repeat, DO NOT buy teh PS2 version. I borrowed it from my friend this morning and God how awful it is i couldn't stand playing 2 complete games!

I started with Chelsea v Barca, it was 3-3 2nd half and i decided to end it because it was way too fast. So i went for weaker teams this time i picked Derby v Sunderland. It felt slightly better but still not realisitc.

Every player no mater what his stats are feels so agile which is shit. This game is faster than both PES6 and JLWE2007CC on PS2. PES5 my ass. This is like PES from the PS1 days.

can u add ur own tracks in the game ?

i have been looking and dont think u can, wish u could cos the music gets right on me tits !

on the ps3 when u go on the game to start it some music comes on like u about to play and jap rpj or something

can u add ur own tracks in the game ?

i have been looking and dont think u can, wish u could cos the music gets right on me tits !

on the ps3 when u go on the game to start it some music comes on like u about to play and jap rpj or something

Can't you turn PES music off and play your own from your HD?

The pc version does not have any slowdowns but honestly the gameplay is really really arcadish (but some like it being like it i guess), this time around u have plenty of space and you (and the AI as well) can run and pass defenders easily. 10 games on line so far, my opponents choose 7 times barca, 2 times brasil, 1 time man united. Why not putting any option on the team level so we cal play with your (allegedly) 250 teams sEAbass???

But i am curious to see whether someone else noticed how bad the golies are on the pc version.

In general my feeling is that FIFA simulated the team movements better in terms of gameplay, but pes simulated the individual player movemements better. The player u are the game u prefer i guess, i am not a coast to coast 5 fakes a second "Jonah Lomu Adriano" kinda player.

The pc version does not have any slowdowns but honestly the gameplay is really really arcadish (but some like it being like it i guess), this time around u have plenty of space and you (and the AI as well) can run and pass defenders easily. 10 games on line so far, my opponents choose 7 times barca, 2 times brasil, 1 time man united. Why not putting any option on the team level so we cal play with your (allegedly) 250 teams sEAbass???

But i am curious to see whether someone else noticed how bad the golies are on the pc version.

In general my feeling is that FIFA simulated the team movements better in terms of gameplay, but pes simulated the individual player movemements better. The player u are the game u prefer i guess, i am not a coast to coast 5 fakes a second "Jonah Lomu Adriano" kinda player.

the goalies are utter shit in the PC version. I've had the "let me punch the ball behind my head and into my own net" bug quite a few times already late in the game (wooo more CPU cheating!).

defense is horrible now. I :r2: myself into position waiting for the :x: tackle and my back four + DMF seem to run around as if they were retarded children. create mega-holes for the CPU to pass through and score. still seems there are a lot of "let me punch it to the nearest CPU player 1 foot away for the easy tap in goal" goalies as well.

Seabass NEEDS a new engine. You STILL can't view replays after the ball goes out for a corner/goal kick. What is this, the -500mb RAM PS2? Why can't I decide who to pass to on long free kicks... cause I sure as hell don't want to pass it to the CPU player standing in front of the pre-determined person? Why does the ball roll, at 600mph, out of bounds when I block tackle on the other side of the pitch? Why do my players still not react according to the situation when I'm on a counter-attack? Running forwards 50 meters in a 2 v 1 (HUM v CPU) situation and then stopping before the penalty area because the default formation settings told you is utterly stupid...

It's these little things that have been in the game for YEARS that piss me off. This game is nothing more than a direct port of the PS2 gameplay engine (with the same restrictions as before) slapped together with high-res textures. Looks like PES6 with LOD Mixer, HD kits and 8xMSAA on my system last year, save for the faces.

Seabass should've used his time for a total rebuild of the animation system/scripting, since next-gen gaming isn't about graphics, it's about freedom in gameplay.

PES2008 seems like a game meant to be played with friends on one machine. Too much lag online and shitty CPU ai (lol Teamvision... nice one Seabass) makes me want to melt this DVD. Too bad I'm also bored with FIFA cause it has glaring errors as well.

Fifa's physics + offensive AI system + PES's response + individual player individuality would make for an awesome game.

jonestm

Just got the game before going to work and managed to play one game on PS3, wide cam, konami stadium. I had no slowdown... so...

Thanks m8.
Baffling stuff, all these differing reports of slowdown.

.......again to all the ppl who r freakin out about slow downs are realy scaring other ppl.But its realy not that bad.Indeed if u play on wide cam there is no issue,if u turn of the stadium effects,there is 100% no issue at all.
BTW the pc version maybe different,because its not that arcade on the PS3( i found the PS3 version the slowest of them all)

I think my pes2008 is going ebay pretty soon, without 2vs2 on line and nothing new off line and in terms of gameplay I don't quite see how much more enjoyment i can get compared to pes6. Thanks god there are so many great games outhere that i can keep busy for a long time.

jonestm

Yeah, sure. I was quite nervous myself and of course I only played one match on one stadium. But there was no slowdown in that.

Only problem is that wide cam almost shows to much now!!! :-) You can see so much of the pitch now, that'll take me some getting used to. I'm sure I'll love it in a while...

I think my pes2008 is going ebay pretty soon, without 2vs2 on line and nothing new off line and in terms of gameplay I don't quite see how much more enjoyment i can get compared to pes6. Thanks god there are so many great games outhere that i can keep busy for a long time.

Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect. I've got them to look forward to if PES is that bad.

Junka

Why do you say professional is better than Top Player level? I just went with top player by habit, but you think the other one is better?

Please eleborate! :-)

Going back to WE7I, i noticed wide view was zoomed VERY far out, but after getting used to it, it felt better, so that's some good news at least.

Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter 5, Mass Effect. I've got them to look forward to if PES is that bad.

It is not bad, it is more like "i have done this 100 times before" and "why do they take all these features away??", i mean after so many years playing the game we need something new to feel excited about. That's why many bought fifa, that refreshing feeling of something new, nice visuals, leagues, manager mode 5vs5 on line etc.

I bought a PS3 to go with my Wii, PS2 and Xbox 360 last week. I bought it for PES2008, and bought the new 'reduced' priced 40gig version.

I'm just wondering is this new machine has different firmware, and whether or not this slowdown is happening on both new and older PS3's ?

I just cant understand why some people are getting severe slowdown and others arent ?

I would assume the guys from Pro G who reviewed the game have the older version PS3, so has anybody who has bought the new 40gig machine having problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom