WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet my copy is en route from stopto.net!!

i can't wait for this. i've been playing the ps2 version and it feels exactly the same or slightly a step-back from we2007jleaguecc..

HOWEVER, i am still hyped for the ps3 version with it's widescreen and 720p support and online play.

i realize people are disappointed with the slowdown and lack of real innovation in this version, but seriously give seabass a break. konami is a good dev IMHO, but their resources are all going to metal gear solid so i'm sure seabass was strapped. give the guy some slack. if you don't like it, don't buy it. i have a feeling all you haters have all bought it though, you just like to bitch.

if the game had no slowdown, improved master league, full licenses, you would still bitch about something.

let's just play the game and enjoy la joga bonita!

So it's the fault of the PS3 that PES doesn't look like a next gen game and doesn't run smoothly? Why doesn't it look like a next gen game on 360 either then?

If we look at 'last-gen' and compare it to the 'next-gen' game... they dont look very similar, there is a definite rise in quality of textures, lighting, animation and detail...

Do ps3/360 versions look a 'generation' better than the PS2 version?? They dont look the same and they have improved somewhat.

Anyway, isn't the ps3 current-gen and a ps2 last gen? are you are trying to play it on your secret ps4?

Last edited:
Same with FIFA though, everyone goes for the top teams. Why? How can people get satisfaction beating someone if they know it wasn't all down to their skill but that they have to use the best teams on the game to win? A bit childish I'd say. Kinda like they're scared of getting beat.

At least in FIFA, whenever an opponent changes his team it automaticly deselects yours, he can't run to Barça and pick it and leave you stuck with a shitty team.

Some PES players in FIFA do that, they'll be scrolling around the EPL teams for instance, so I pick Liverpool. As fast as they can they go to Barça right away. Like they'd catch me or something. I still pick Pool and I still win. :) (most times)

can we edit kits in the pc version export the file to the ps3

dose the ps3 version have the same option files of pc version ???

I have received an email from Sendit.com asking me for a charge on my CC so hopefully the game will be shipped tomorrow to the remote lands of South America. Would be good if arrive before next weekend!

There's an argument for picking the top team though. I dont play online so im not defending myself, but with the top teams a lot of the time what you do is down to your own skill as opposed to the lack of quality/ability of the players you are controlling. This means that if you want to attempt a great passing game, or hit accurate long balls you need the best players to do that so that the skill shown during the game is all down to your own timing and tactics.

Offcourse there are enough who just use certain teams for cutbacks and stuff, but there is also an argument TO use them so you can show your own skill/ability.

Although hovering above some lower team and then quickly moving to the top teams is cheap and pretty much gives you insight into what type of match it will be.

One of the reasons i dont bother, too many dickheads that dont just want a good match regardless of the outcome.

There's an argument for picking the top team though. I dont play online so im not defending myself, but with the top teams a lot of the time what you do is down to your own skill as opposed to the lack of quality/ability of the players you are controlling. This means that if you want to attempt a great passing game, or hit accurate long balls you need the best players to do that so that the skill shown during the game is all down to your own timing and tactics.

Offcourse there are enough who just use certain teams for cutbacks and stuff, but there is also an argument TO use them so you can show your own skill/ability.

Although hovering above some lower team and then quickly moving to the top teams is cheap and pretty much gives you insight into what type of match it will be.

One of the reasons i dont bother, too many dickheads that dont just want a good match regardless of the outcome.

Spot on mate.

I despise that "ooh,I'll pretend I'm going West ham, so when he picks Fulham I'll jump over to Brazil".

A-Holes

ONE IMPORTANT THING:

WARNING: if u are planning to buy the pc version and make it run on your laptop make damn sure your graphic cards support pixel shader or u won't run the game.
On the package there is a warning: "The lap top version of these graphics cards might work but they are not officially compatible".

Second make sure u have a decent pc or the game will look really bad. I run pes6 on medium setting with lodmixer and it looks pretty good, not i have pes2008 on the lowest setting and it looks like crap.

I have the PC version as well and all slowdowns in the console-versions are not there. Replays are as you expect them.
You can see the PC-version is no port. Looks like porting caused the problems.

Some quick thoughts on the on line PC version:

-A clear goly bug: i played 5 games, in 4 big mistakes from the golies, one quite absurd, i had a free kick right into my half of the pitch, i kick a long useless ball into the box, the goly comes out to get the ball and he misses it incredibly and the ball goes in. Most common bug is that the goly can't bloody catch anything.

-Very easy to dribble and very easy to score in general, u can put on a lot of beautiful moves and goals with a certain ease. Then again i did not play too much but i have the feeling on line is gonna become a matter of who score more hat tricks.

-Button configuration is the 360 one, just like the demo, which is bloody confusing after years with a different one. Plus long replay on line are a pain, but maybe there is a way to shorten them i did not read the manual yet. Lag seemed better but i guess there are only a few people on line right now.

ONE IMPORTANT THING:

WARNING: if u are planning to buy the pc version and make it run on your laptop make damn sure your graphic cards support pixel shader or u won't run the game.
On the package there is a warning: "The lap top version of these graphics cards might work but they are not officially compatible".

Second make sure u have a decent pc or the game will look really bad. I run pes6 on medium setting with lodmixer and it looks pretty good, not i have pes2008 on the lowest setting and it looks like crap.

Same here with the PC demo mate. I can only run it on Low Settings, and my PC is pretty decent. And it does not run on my laptop at all!!!

PES 2008 (PS3) is disapointing. The gameplay has lost its balance. the game has become more offensive on the count of defence. The defenders leave their positions and open big spaces for the opponent and when you try to cut the ball, you simply can not cut it by pressing the X button.

there are other disapointing first impressions that i won't mention right now :(

Last edited:
PES 2008 (PS3) is disapointing. The gameplay has lost its balance. the game has become more offensive on the count of defence. The defenders leave their positions and open big spaces for the opponent and when you try to cut the ball, you simply can not cut it by pressing the X button.

there are other disapointing first impressions that i won't mention right now :(

Sorry mate but you're sounding like you can't defend and fully rely on the old keep-X-pressed-and-ai-does-auto-defending. This don't work anymore which is good imo. You got to know how to defend and what to expect then press X at the right time. This is fair play really.

F*CK,just got a Logiteck pro 5000 cam from my m8,but shit does not work on PS3:( damnnn it,sony realy want me to buy the eyetoy:o

I went out today bought an eyetoy for a fiver, got the game Eyetoy play with it, good bargain as on the site it was just the camera, the game is pretty hilarious, wanted to get one of the newer games aswell.

But atleast I got a cheap eyetoy for PES now ;):lol:

*edit* Now that I think of it, maybe I should of saved that fiver for a xbox live account :(

Last edited:
Sheesh... i was out with a friend of mine, right. We went to virgin looking for latest albums. And what do we find on the shelves? PES 2008. He bought the PS3 version. He actually thought i had the 360 version with me but i didn't. So what did he do? He ran back to the shelves and bought me the 360 version... Errr.. Ok. Dude insisted and i couldn't resist really, heh.

Conclusion, i have the 360 version now right here sitting in my lap :o I won't open it til tomorrow morning though because i'm really, really sleepy.

I have the PS3 version here next to me on my bedside table. Got it this morning. Not going to open it until the OFFICIAL release date.Friday.

Anyway for all the italians here, the commentary is the same, no change of commentators.

And honestly i don't know how many of you pc owners are gonna be able to appreciate the game since u really need a high spec pc. Maybe i'll get the game for the 360 as well, my lap top really stinks.

Sheesh... i was out with a friend of mine, right. We went to virgin looking for latest albums. And what do we find on the shelves? PES 2008. He bought the PS3 version. He actually thought i had the 360 version with me but i didn't. So what did he do? He ran back to the shelves and bought me the 360 version... Errr.. Ok. Dude insisted and i couldn't resist really, heh.

Conclusion, i have the 360 version now right here sitting in my lap :o I won't open it til tomorrow morning though because i'm really, really sleepy.

Really, really sleepy? Your lying why would you be on here! :lol:

Haha your so lucky, I went to GAME, CEX, Argos, Virgin and HMV, no luck!

Last edited:
Really, really sleepy? Your lying why would you be on here!

Haha your so lucky, I went to GAME, CEX, Argos, Virgin and HMV, no luck!

Well at least you guys can actually walk into a store and get it sooner or later. My order's still being "picked and packed" and then God knows when it will arrive. I'm in the U.S :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom