WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have the pc version:

The golies are embarassing, just played a bayern juventus, 2-2 first half, 3 shots right in the centre deflected by the golies into the gol!!!!

Anyone else having the same problem?????

Last edited:
I hope that there's a mass culling of everyone in this thread (bar myself and a select crew) as this website is going to be dire for a long time.

Just wanted to chime in to say hehehe im in the "join next gen next year lammo group" group team where we wait until this time next year so we have less to spend and more to get.
emotheheow1.gif

eat it nerds
emotheheow1.gif

I think I have become desensitised to sporting failures as of late.

We've had in the space of a week and a bit.

* England being just gravy in Russia
* Egg chasers reminding us not to get our hopes up
* Lewis Hamilton, the one event that I genuinely cared about, fluffed it
* Dull, dull, boring Champions League
* I cannot for the life of me find this CD I was looking for (Carmageddon OH YEAH OLD SCHOOL FOLKS U NO WHERE ITS AT)

UGH

Also Cammey is the resident Fernando Alonso, always moaning and always wrong.

ze tyres, ze team flattened zem

Last edited:
where are the massive slowdowns the dramaqueens where talking about??? BS, all BS, its nothing special, only notice a lil on the replays, i got ZERO slowdowns ingame so far!

btw PS3 version!!!

where are the massive slowdowns the dramaqueens where talking about??? BS, all BS, its nothing special, only notice a lil on the replays, i got ZERO slowdowns ingame so far!

btw PS3 version!!!
I'm sure the games magazines and websites wouldn't lie just to piss off Konami - they haven't done it before in the last ten years, every game has been at least 8/10, why would they start hating them for no reason now...

Some people notice it, some don't, perhaps it depends on the configs of the PS3s or something. I don't think it depends on the TVs but saying that, Placebo sees ball-stuttering in FIFA on his new TV at 1360x768 (which would drive me NUTS!!), so who knows. But it's not bullshit.

So far I have noticed 2 huge bugs in the PC version.

1. The ball will magically change curl direction mid-air, happens on both freekicks and normal shots.

2. During throwins when you take them, or if you play with fixed cursor and a teammate throws to another, the receiving player will just ignore the ball, and stand frozen in place, unable to move (not even supercancel), until someone picks up the loose ball. If a defender is supposed to receive it, that sometimes means that an opposing attacker gets the ball that the player ignored. It looks retarded.

Two completely unacceptable bugs in my opinion. We have also seen the "jumping on bar" bug which is also not possible in real life.

Not to mention that the ballspin bug has happened 5-6 times for me today, whilst the throw in one has happened atleast once. These are not rare bugs. Absolutely lazy.

i just got pes2008 earlier today didnt like it at 1st and the frame rate issue made it nearly unplayable but then took off the stadium effects etc and it ran quite well but i dnt know how to set up the scanning feature. i have tried using a pen drive which i have stored some pictures on but it didnt work then i tried linkin my sony digital camera up to my ps3 but it said it wasnt connected. beatts since u have the game also could u help me out please mate? how do i set it up? and also do u no if it will be patchable? thanks mate.

Check the wide camera m8...Ps3 sucks. I have both!
Even faces are more detailed in 360 version!

i dont play on wide, i play on normal long and normal medium. mybe thats why i didnt notice any slowdowns..

oh well i feel sorry for u guys that play on wide. good luck.

i dont play on wide, i play on normal long and normal medium. mybe thats why i didnt notice any slowdowns..

oh well i feel sorry for u guys that play on wide. good luck.

This is good to hear because me and my mates play on Normal/Long as well. Sweet! there's a positive for ya!

I have decided to go ahead and order the PS3 version. I need to see it and play it for myself before dismissing it.

I hope that there's a mass culling of everyone in this thread (bar myself and a select crew) as this website is going to be dire for a long time.

Just wanted to chime in to say hehehe im in the "join next gen next year lammo group" group team where we wait until this time next year so we have less to spend and more to get.
emotheheow1.gif

eat it nerds
emotheheow1.gif

I think I have become desensitised to sporting failures as of late.

We've had in the space of a week and a bit.

* England being just gravy in Russia
* Egg chasers reminding us not to get our hopes up
* Lewis Hamilton, the one event that I genuinely cared about, fluffed it
* Dull, dull, boring Champions League
* I cannot for the life of me find this CD I was looking for (Carmageddon OH YEAH OLD SCHOOL FOLKS U NO WHERE ITS AT)

UGH

Also Cammey is the resident Fernando Alonso, always moaning and always wrong.

ze tyres, ze team flattened zem

Sarcasm? :/

Champions League has been class this week

Milan game was impressive! Seedorf's second goal was a classic...

I think I will play on Far cam (next to Wide) because no slowdowns...

@vokal_guy, did Sendit.com ship your order?

If someone can post a quick video showing the different PS3 camera options would be greatly appreciated by me.

Or, if someone can just post the camera options in their right order.

Thanks!

;-)

Milan game was impressive! Seedorf's second goal was a classic...

I think I will play on Far cam (next to Wide) because no slowdowns...

@vokal_guy, did Sendit.com ship your order?

yea but no tracking number, i might probably get it through usps ( they disgust me) i wish they had shipped through ups or Fedex

Oh man, so wide cam contributes to slowdown?
I can't play in other views :(

Seems like alot of the slowdown can be attributed to the crowd being visible in play. On the PC version on High detail level, when you have crowd just by the sidelines, you can see the game constantly going back and forth between high-res and pixel models. If there is less players on screen, the game seems to switch to more high-res models, and if it is crowded, it switches to lesser detailed crowds. In Replay mode though, this scaling doesn't happen, and most crowd models are the high resolution kind, which makes replays really choppy.

So using closer can will avoid you getting crowds in the view in most circumstances.

btw PS3 version!!!
Slow downs exsist specially in Orange Stadium. However is not as bad as people make it seem here.

Seems like alot of the slowdown can be attributed to the crowd being visible in play. On the PC version on High detail level, when you have crowd just by the sidelines, you can see the game constantly going back and forth between high-res and pixel models. If there is less players on screen, the game seems to switch to more high-res models, and if it is crowded, it switches to lesser detailed crowds. In Replay mode though, this scaling doesn't happen, and most crowd models are the high resolution kind, which makes replays really choppy.

So using closer can will avoid you getting crowds in the view in most circumstances.

if that's the case, they should have an option to turn crowds off

Yes exactly.
I can do without pixellated figures, and even the famous child if it eliminates slowdown.

yea but no tracking number, i might probably get it through usps ( they disgust me) i wish they had shipped through ups or Fedex

You can bet on that since they deliver via Royal Mail. The national post office should take care of those packages, so USPS probably will delivered the order.

With some luck, my game is on its way tomorrow. Hope so!

Sorry mate but you're sounding like you can't defend and fully rely on the old keep-X-pressed-and-ai-does-auto-defending. This don't work anymore which is good imo. You got to know how to defend and what to expect then press X at the right time. This is fair play really.

and how exactly can I control 4 defenders at the same time ?! I'm not talking about the one defender that I'm controlling, I'm talking about the others, they just won't stick to their positions.

I know that they gave us more control of the defensive line but it seems impossible to control all the defenders at the same time

i just got pes2008 earlier today didnt like it at 1st and the frame rate issue made it nearly unplayable but then took off the stadium effects etc and it ran quite well but i dnt know how to set up the scanning feature. i have tried using a pen drive which i have stored some pictures on but it didnt work then i tried linkin my sony digital camera up to my ps3 but it said it wasnt connected. beatts since u have the game also could u help me out please mate? how do i set it up? and also do u no if it will be patchable? thanks mate.

Unfortunatly bud i don't have the game yet. As soon as i do i will be making a thread with my thoughts on editing and gameplay.

Jflores, No USB pen connectivity at the minute, we are trying to find a method to work around this. However it is ony possible to import 8 kit textures maximum :|

Last night I got the game for ps3 - After the biggest mission ever and 2 hours of driving to a small independent games shop so I could get it 3 days early!!! I get it home and after 10 games of play and in depth investigation of the new game mechanics (edit, master league,etc) I cant help but feel disapointed. This is honestly the first time I have felt it's not up to scratch - the stuttering frame rate is shameful ( I play on a panasonic viera), the defending AI is shocking, the game is def to arcadey, the edit mode is awful.......the graphics are very bland...I hate the goal nets and pitch textures...

Away from all this there is a game which uses the old pro mechanics and this is why there may be some game time in it still but this is far from the version the paying public let alone the fans deserve. I'm sure that some members from the old n64 ISS team have joined seabass' team because this game feels like a hybrid of ISS and pro evo. I am truly gutted.

For anyone wanting to compare to fifa I have both games - my conclusion would be that both are far from perfect yet both have stuff to offer as we dont have any other option as a football game fan. Fifa is at least as good as pro this year - thats something i'd never thought i'd say. At this rate fifa will surpass pro next year as konami are moving backwards and ea forwards. what a shame. im going to buy pes 2008 for ps2 - this will be the best gameplay experience available.

...hmmm that may be true for you Gesusaldinho,but i focus more on gameplay,i have to say PES is much further then FIFA on that area,but i agree if u choose for presentation then u have to play FIFA,still after playing FIFA08 on PS3 and 360 its deffo not up to PES gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom