WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You start on the PS3? why? its much more complex than the 360 and will take up too much of Devs time. Where as the 360 is simpler so actually is easier to code for. All this extra power that the PS3 appear to have has amounted to Nothing thus far :)

There's another American football game that only runs at 30fps on PS3 and it's not made by EA.

The only thing developing on PS3 and porting to 360 will do is make both games equally as bad.

Love that heading video........pure comedy, especially when the two turkish players jump up to head it, bounce in to each other and both fall on their arse. Excellent!

@ MiquelGOAL, ill support your non-buy rally. Although i wasnt gonna get the game anyway so i dont know how much good it will do :D

As for the consolewar comments. Its devs not putting enough time and effort into it and sony not giving enough support really. Its ridiculous that its still happening with the console having been out for over a year now and even longer for the devs to work on it.

@ Tobi, i think all the EA sports games have shown problems (lower framerate). Maybe they dont have "slowdown" but when they are reducing the gameload by 30frames and making the game less smooth then its 360 equavalent its still very shocking. Even graphicly a lot of the ps3 (crossconsole) games havent received any plaudits.

Eurogamer has a running review going of all the crossplatform games and the 360 ones are easily winning. Each game individually is usually by a small margin but overall the 360 is very much in control.

Anyway, whats the point of this discussion in here?

So has anybody been able to check out the ML and the C league and the virgo/classic/etc teams and if you can edit them?

Oblivion runs a lot smoother on the PS3,

I own both consoles, as a matter of fact i owned already 4 x360 my last one is again gone for a fix.

The problem is not the hardware, it is the way programmers program,
the more they use directx elements, what they do a lot, you see problems
other programmers that build from scratch have less problemms and better results.

I am not saying one is better than the other, i like them both and in my opinion it is all about the games, and yes at the moment ps3 is lacking the amazing games.

But it looks like it will be the same as with PS2 in the beginning there were loads of moaning from programmers, later on that changed and some really beautifull games arrived on that platform.

Teams like EA, are not the best example they just wanna make money fast
and deliver lazy ports (konami as well at the moment)

I think it will be interesting to look at assasins creed, the problems everybody was talking about were occuring to X360 and PS3, they have stated are all resolved, i hope it is not PR talk.

Lets just enjoy our consoles, PS3 or X360 (and some both)
and our games FIFA or PES enjoy the good things they can live together you
know.

Peace

In my opinion on my screen it did, i had it on pc x360 and PS3 and i found it run a lot smoother.

It might have been a X360 cracking up but that was my opinion.

I think you should read what i try to say is, that i enjoy both, and dont want to start a flamewar
i want to stop it more.

I dont get the arguing over someones opinion, state your opinion, and then let it go, you can talk
about some facts and so but dont get so judgemental about it to others.

The game having slowdown is the fault of the devs, how many other sports games on the PS3 have slowdown?

Fifa 08 is the only other one. (I stand corrected.)

Madden and All-Pro Football both run at 30fps :(

The PS3 is looking like a bit of a shit buy at this time. I've never really been into MGS to anticipate that like everyone else. And with so many games having FPS issues ...

Back to PES did anyone not have anything to say about my "Adventures" last night which I posted earlier?

Not really, cant say i found it an interesting read. I think the thread is about to go into the fifa lul as most people will be playing the game instead of talking to us lot. Cant blame them......Im off aswell :D

Yesterday after 3 matchs of PES2008 my PS3 freeze on offside replay, i restart and the player don't reconize Blu Ray, DVD or CD...go to SAV for 3 weeks in max.

but about the game, very good i play 1 vs 1, first game strange feeling and after perfect, framerate in game is good, but replay...

BTW just got the official pc game in a store in barcelona, now i am gonna check the on line during lunch break. But if any of u guys is from spain to check the nearby store.

BTW why putting the 360 controller icon on the pc version manual??? Maybe the japs think we use the xbox controller on our pcs, but we ain't gringos.

Last edited:
BTW just got the official pc game in a store in barcelona, now i am gonna check the on line during lunch break. But if any of u guys is from spain to check the nearby store.

BTW why putting the 360 controller icon on the pc version manual??? Maybe the japs think we use the xbox controller on our pcs, but we ain't gringos.

Quite a few PCgames use a 360 controller config and show the 360 pad on screen, Tomb Raider Anniversary is one game that does.

Err there's no sarcasm, the PS3 is a very powerful console is it not? Some of the games we've seen so far on PS3 are near photo realistic and run smoothly, then there's PES2008 which is neither photo realistic nor runs smoothly, so it's clear that the flaws lie with Konami.

no thats complete bullshit, many developers including capcom have stopped making certain games, citing the difficulty devleopers are having on the ps3....

Some devs love it, some devs are having difficulty with it and the Orange Box dev hates it.

Has anyone scored from a FK that you cross into the box?

Some devs love it, some devs are having difficulty with it and the Orange Box dev hates it.

it has alot how to do with how you access memory... from what i have been hearing... the xbox is basically a PC so developers are used to it... not so much with the PS3, its a steep learning curve.

Anyone has both fifa and pro evo on ps3? Which is beter to buy? I always bought pes each year, but this year i don't know. A lot of negativity about pes this year. Which is worth the 70 euro? A honoust answer please.

Yeah I did Tobe. Cross from about 35 metres out by Del Piero and Iaquinta heading it into the far corner. Twas a nice goal:D

ARGHHHHHHHHHH, im getting so pissed off now. I need to play the game and no one has broken the fucking release date. Why is the UK always getting things last?

no thats complete bullshit, many developers including capcom have stopped making certain games, citing the difficulty devleopers are having on the ps3....

So it's the fault of the PS3 that PES doesn't look like a next gen game and doesn't run smoothly? Why doesn't it look like a next gen game on 360 either then? Clearer the flaws are down to Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom