WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know where else to post this but "does anyone know if you can pick/replace teams in the ML, to have two full leagues of English teams say. If the shop has gone does that mean the option to be able to edit and alter the ML has gone too, along with the starting points etc.
If I can't edit the piece of crap to make it a slightly better pile of steamy poo, I'm going to have all year to get to grips with Fifa.

Sorry for the re post but it's the difference between buy and bye for me. anyone who has it can you check, I know a few people will want to know....

Its Just Club/Country choice to ensure you dont have to play brasil etc...

Oh, I see. :|

It would be a lot better if we had the choice to set what kind of teams we would like to play. This way it would be easier to avoid the 12 year-old twats who always pick Barcelona or Man Utd.

Thanks for answering, mate. :)

Well mine says :"Your order is currently being picked and packed.". It's been like that all day. God knows how long it takes them to pick and pack 1 game. I'm in the U.S, dunno how long it takes to get here.

lol well mine still says being packed, o boy do u know how many days it takes for it to get to the states??

For those interested, the ball spin bug from the demo is still there.

Basically, during Freekicks (that's where I have noticed it) the ball will spin in a certain direction as the ball is kicked, for example almost only topspin, but mid-flight it will suddenly change curl direction to for example a side-curl.

It happens abruptly and the trajectory is also affected (a topspinning ball can be seen drifting alot more to the side after it has changed to side-curl).

Not big perhaps, but definitely a glaring bug, one that I haven't seen in earlier PES games.

Are you playing the PC version? If not why turn off stadium effects?

Don't think it's PC mate, I think it's PS3, since he mentiones the game is "installed", which is a feature on the PS3 (not for Xbox 360).

Stadium effects need some processing power, which might contribute to slowdown, and removing them might help with framerates in some cases. ;)

Err the rest of the game isn't exactly maxing out the power of the PS3 so if you're having to turn off game features there's something seriously wrong.......

Well, the PS3 suffers from slowdowns (I thought you were a regular here, I recognize your name ;)), so it's worth it to try turning the effects off to see if that helps. :)

$80.21 for a game that has so much complaints, well i am a dedicated fan, i will take pes over fifa even if i have a knife around my neck!

Well, the PS3 suffers from slowdowns (I thought you were a regular here, I recognize your name ;)), so it's worth it to try turning the effects off to see if that helps. :)

Yes I know the PS3 version suffers from slowdowns, but why should anyone have to reduce the already reduced visual quality to try to make the game run smoothly on a console as powerful as a PS3?

Yes I know the PS3 version suffers from slowdowns, but why should anyone have to reduce the already reduced visual quality to try to make the game run smoothly on a console as powerful as a PS3?

Hmm .. I smell a little sarcasm here?

One possible answer is there MUST BE somebody else other than you wanted a slowdown-free PES 2008, hence since the default settings aren't good, trying other settings that might fill the bill wouldn't hurt.

I don't think it's because the PS3 is not powerful, it's more like a programming glitch, in Konami's part or in the latest PS3 Firmware, or a combination of both. The fact that Seabass said it's going to be fixed on the final version of the PS3 version is a big fat lie.

I'll leave it to that. Dissapointed.

Err there's no sarcasm, the PS3 is a very powerful console is it not? Some of the games we've seen so far on PS3 are near photo realistic and run smoothly, then there's PES2008 which is neither photo realistic nor runs smoothly, so it's clear that the flaws lie with Konami.

Of course we shouldn't HAVE to turn off the settings.
But that's the reality, regardless of the "power" of the PS3.

There are whisperings of argos breaking the street date today although how true these whisperings are remain to be seen.

They did accidentally break the Halo 3 street date so I wont be surprised if they did it again.

Bug

:lol:

Last edited:
Of course we shouldn't HAVE to turn off the settings.
But that's the reality, regardless of the "power" of the PS3.

And the resulting reality is that people who blindly continue to buy the game no matter how much their loyalty is thrown back in their face through lack of improvement, lack of visual upgrade, lack of fixing persistent problems (ie slowdown), lack of licenses, lack of editing support, get exactly what they deserve, keep blindly supporting Konami and they'll keep giving you back the same diluted, unoptimised PES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom