WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Winning11 Blog] Shopto.net Shipping Tonight!!! - http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/shoptonet-shipping-tonight.html

The team over at Shopto.net are shipping copies of PES 2008 to all the people who ordered through them tonight! Check out their stock, thats alot of copies of PES! If you haven't already ordered your copy then click on the links at the top of the page lads! You can't match 30 Pounds Sterling!

off topic but i just cannot help but laugh at all those wankers that said pes2008 will be sublime on the ps3 and it will be the better version blah blah blah, makes me laugh because it is shit on the ps3 and now u all look like fucking dickheads, i think its hilarious

off topic but i just cannot help but laugh at all those wankers that said pes2008 will be sublime on the ps3 and it will be the better version blah blah blah, makes me laugh because it is shit on the ps3 and now u all look like fucking dickheads, i think its hilarious

Have you nothing better to do? It is still a great game on the PS3 and I for one don't notice any slowdown whatsoever in-game. Editing is better than the 360-version and the online is free. So who's the dickhead?

You have a weird sense of humour. I usually laugh at stuff like South Park, Seinfeld and stuff like that.

Have you nothing better to do? It is still a great game on the PS3 and I for one don't notice any slowdown whatsoever in-game. Editing is better than the 360-version and the online is free. So who's the dickhead?

Great £500 for a better edit mode :lmao:

Mate the PS3 version is shat.

As usual the 360 runs smoother, the PS fanboys need a wake up call and this just might be it.

Perhaps we should start a sweep for what excuse(s) they will come up with for Pro Evo 2009 lacking features

Journalist/WENB Boy: "Seabass there seems to be slowdowns, only 2stadiums and 6 teams in Pro Evo 2009, what led to the cutbacks/improvements?"

Seabass: "I am really sorry but we have no any idea about how to develop for next-gen and we promise to have great game in 2010 but we are happy that there are now 209 different animal heads in edit mode".

Journalist/WENB Boy: "Well thank you Seabass it is still the best PES ever, it's mint"

You are clearly a prick who only has negative things to say, and as boring as fuck with it.

If you can read or listen properly, you would know that WENB are enthusiasts for the game series (check the name of this site btw). Listen to their criticism of the frame-rate issues/editing/player models and their obvious disappointment about what is happening this year.

For the record, Adam from WENB has only ever raved about the gameplay and feel of PES 2008 because he's happy with that PES gameplay feel, whereas the other editor, Suffwan is more disappointed with what Konami have done this year. How much information have WENB supplied this commnunity with? What have you contributed Jim.....?

I'm getting the game today and this is my last post on Evo web.

Moderators: you are a fucking joke, go look up "moderation" in the dictionary.

Enjoy the game everyone and stop bitching so much, some of you make the same points over and over again-my advice: gets some points over to WENB for presentation to Konami early in the new year.

adios

Great £500 for a better edit mode :lmao:

Mate the PS3 version is shat.

As usual the 360 runs smoother, the PS fanboys need a wake up call and this just might be it.

Don't even get me started on the superiority of the PS3 compared to the 360. But liking a certain console does not make anyone a fanboy, surely?

And calling the PS3 version shite is just stupid. Have you played it?

And what's £500 got to do with anything? Surely 360's are not free? Or has Microsoft realised that they cannot charge money for machines that constantly breakdown, sound like vacuum cleaners, can't play HD film without a massive extra player and scratch discs?

And what's £500 got to do with anything? Surely 360's are not free? Or has Microsoft realised that they cannot charge money for machines that constantly breakdown, sound like vacuum cleaners, can't play HD film without a massive extra player and scratch discs?

Quality :lol:

Don't even get me started on the superiority of the PS3 compared to the 360. But liking a certain console does not make anyone a fanboy, surely?

And calling the PS3 version shite is just stupid. Have you played it?

Name one game that is out on both consoles and runs better on the PS3.

Joking aside, I would like to own a 360 as well so that I had both but it is not feasible economically at the moment as we are renovating our bathroom which costs about £5000/£6000 here in Sweden. Off-topic?

I played the pc version last nite a bit more.

Good: smoother and more responsive, AI is more organic not only in the way they attack but also in the way the defend, which means they rely less on fake intercepts and weird deflections. Better sliding tackles (very good for avoiding that on line jerks intercept all ur passes)

Bad: running animations absurd, too me even player model seems fucked up, usual crappy throws in and penalties, long ball way too fast and curve strangely to go to your player, way too easy to make 5 passes in a row within the box, through balls in the air incosinstent.

In sum a more optimised PES6 with some new animation and a more natural feeling in the way players shoot and behave on the pitch, but fundamentally and structurally there is nothing new, they did not open up the gameplay as much as i hoped, for most people it feels wonderfully familiar, too me it feels awfully familiar.

so is the 360/PC version the same speed as the demo?

Does the VGA cable slowdown the 360 speed as the demo was like a Mclaren F1 powered by Nitrous Glycerin!!

can Konami release a patch to make the 360/PC version slower?

Last edited:
Beatts... The PS3 may have raw power but when it comes to running games ported across from other platforms it struggles as I mentioned in the past (as my alter ego djdoc). Anyways console wars besides. I was fortunate enough to have a bash at PES2008 on the PS3 last night in Bristol Cribbs Causeway at a Virgin Megastore. Lots of people were crowded around me asking me lots of questions about the game and also if id played FIFA Next Gen and what I thought of them both... So anyway I thought id post a summary of my thoughts and what was going on.

I had a quick match as Man United against Chelsea and the 1st thing I noticed was how slow the game was compared to the Steroids Xbox Live Demo we had.... The game also felt as if it had taken a step backwards from PES 4, 5 and to some degree the awful 6 on Xbox 360. Control was good, I felt as if I could actually play a decent game and the AI did seem to be pretty intelligent as I ran through the middle using Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney made some fantastic movement and I played him a quick through ball and he did the rest! It still has that feeling that FIFA doesnt give you as its always had. What didnt impress me though was the SUPER SLOW replays.. What are they all about? This is Next Gen and a Power House of a PS3 so why so much slowdown? This was apparent when I made a sliding Challenge by Paul Scholes on Wright-Phillips and the ref gave me a straight red! I think the ref is a bit over strict from what I have seen, I made a reasonable challenge with Vidic and he also got a straight red!

Edit Mode, I had a quick look to see what we could do and my god what have they done? all the options we had previously appear to have been taken away or at least Hidden to start with, its all a bit of a mess IMO. Also for the PS3 version you have to use a Camera to scan in all your pictures for Face Mapping or Kit Chest Logos.... how an earth do you do that? could I plug in my Decent Quality Olympus Digital camera or does it have to be a webcam with shitty quality?

Then questions started being asked by the several people who had gathered around me.... "What does it feel like?" Good I thought if a bit backwards from previous releases. "Is it better than FIFA". Some aspects of the gameplay feel a bit better than FIFA and you still get that great feeling of scoring a goal after working some neat interplay beforehand! "Which version should I get?" Well that depends really, If you arent bothered about the lack of authenticity of the licenses and you want good online play get the 360 version. "Is there any difference with the versions of the game that you know of?" Well besides the PS2 to PS3/360/PC differences ie the PS2 version not being next gen I dont believe there is with the exception of the fact that more editing and patching is possible for the PC version.

It went on!!!! and on!!!! "Do you think the game looks awful on that supposedly good Sony Bravia 42 HD LCD?" Yep my LG 50" HD Plasma made the demo on 360 look 10 times better than this... my eyes are almost bleeding looking at all these jaggies and pixelation!

Sorry to write such a huge essay but thought id let you guys know what I thought of the FINAL version :) I think I might have to get the PC version due to the crappy use a Webcam to take photos for editing and the fact that Kitserver will fix all our licensing issues!

I still don't get a few things, if Sony and Konami are aware that slowdowns are due the firmware, why they just didn't release a new update before the game actually ships??

so is the 360/PC version the same speed as the demo?

Does the VGA cable slowdown the 360 speed as the demo was like a Mclaren F1 powered by Nitrous Glycerin!!

can Konami release a patch to make the 360/PC version slower?

Kobashi, according to Polakis who has both versions - VGA cable with 360 version slows it right down so that is slower than both the PS3 version with HDMI and PE6 on PS2 - i bought a cable yesterday - will report back on Friday once I get the game...

BTW who has got the PS2 version???? Any comments on that? how many stadia, fantasista mode, on line etc. I think I'l stick to that one, my pc is kinda crappy so not much fun with low setting.

BTW more bad news from sony......"Ratchet glitch prevents install"

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=85876

If Assassin Creed also has technical problems on the PS3 like some early previews indicate, i guess it more Sony than Konami to blame for it.
At the end of the day a very sincere SeaBass said "we have no clue about why it slows down", so I guess this time around they can't really be responsible for it.

Playstation went from being the best console ever to a problematic one.
PS & PS2 = Great.
PS3 = ??? (Really no idea)

The game having slowdown is the fault of the devs, how many other sports games on the PS3 have slowdown?

Fifa 08 is the only other one. (I stand corrected.)

The whole Madden issue is blatantly EA being lazy, especially with the reasons that they gave for the game running at 30 instead of 60fps.

Its a well known fact in the industry that if you making a PS3 n 360 game then you either start on the PS3 and then port to the 360 or you make them seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom