WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Junka i think the new playstation 3 eye comes out in 2 weeks,

would be a better deal,

Ok I changed the png file and uploaded it again to ps3
you saw the png, but the file in the game was still the old pic

so I am gonna check with old dkz studio if i can change the bin
it looks like the old way, hope its not different encrypted.
but we are on the good way

cheers

i also played a game sparta - barca i was 2-1 up last 5 minutes he disconnects and the game wasnt recorded as a win,it was recorded as never played wtf!!!

is this a bug???

@ Junka i think the new playstation 3 eye comes out in 2 weeks,

would be a better deal,

Ok I changed the png file and uploaded it again to ps3
you saw the png, but the file in the game was still the old pic

so I am gonna check with old dkz studio if i can change the bin
it looks like the old way, hope its not different encrypted.
but we are on the good way

cheers

Good stuff my friend, the icon.png refers to the save icon only the data is stored within the bin, however this may also be affected by the param files too. Try opening the param files with notepad.

Indeed you maight also wan't to see if game graphic studio will recognize the .bin file under psp settings. ;)

Last edited:
i also played a game sparta - barca i was 2-1 up last 5 minutes he disconnects and the game wasnt recorded as a win,it was recorded as never played wtf!!!

is this a bug???

Maybe its because the game isn't officially out and the servers haven't been implemented properly...

Ok, on PS3 you can import as many heads if you want, i did 20 just to check and no problem, is just 9 for 360 i think.

I couldnt open it up with old dkz , couldnt open it up with notepad
new dkz doesnt work for me on vista, gonna try game graphic studio now

wish me luck

Beatts i have sent you a pm

no just by cam now, we are looking for a way to import pictures to it,
but on X360 it was only 9 slots, and on PS3 as many as you want ( I think, I tried only 20)

well, if you need a cam and cant import player faces for existing players then it doesnt make sense to use this option, i mean i wont create myself 20 times. ;)

Ok i managed to get the picutre file made with a eyetoy, to my computer

now i have 4 files

DATA.BIN
ICON0.PNG
PARAM.PFD
PARAM.SFO

I am gonna look what we can do with these and then put them back
hope the people from the old patching scene gonna have a look at this as well.

cheers

Any chance of uploading these if they aren't too big?
Might as well gets loads of people looking at them rather than one :)

Im busy on the editing front aswell tryin to help my man Beatts out and alongside a friend of mine we are (possibly) finding a way to import seeves aswell as the back of shirts on PS3!! Yes, there are loopholes!!

Does PS3 have the 9 slots by appearance , by that I mean, once you do more than 9 does it add another page of 9 maybe thats the case with the 360 version, it only shows nine, but once you do more it just add pages.

But atleast the PS3 version seems that way, think I will definately be getting that, as I dunno how bad the slowdown is so may aswell get that, plus, it will feel better on the PS3 pad! Online is free aswell :D

If the new eyetoy is only £25 I dunno if I should spend fiver on the old, but then again could do for the time being, does the new eyetoy work with old eyetoy games by any chance, how much is a cheap xbox live vision camera going for aswell.

My PS2 one is packing at play.com and my PS3 version is at argos, but it dont know it yet... haha! :lol:

*edit* I hope you also suceed fremm be good news, I personally dont mind, but would be great if you could.

So since you havent found about importing pictures, then does that mean at the moment we should just take a picture of the picture :lol:

Last edited:
OMG thats awsome;)
so on the PS3 u can add lots of faces ;)
and good thing to know that the online function is alsow making proces;)
So far the PS3 version seems better....more faces,free online play,easy OF function,and great gamepad to play the game;)

Keep up the great work guys

Ok guys me and Matrix have tried to take a look at the savedata folder, it;s file structure is the same to that of a PSP game save, however it is encrypted. We both have minimal knowlege in terms of hex editing also. However we are going to ask the dedicated guys from the editing forum for there help.

In terms of the amount of Faces and kits you can import Matrix believes the number is infinate since he created 20+ faces already.

Interesting to hear fremm, do you have msn at all mate if so drop me a PM. and I can chat.

Developers are getting smarter, this face importer thing sounds like a clever plan to sell those eyetoy cameras. Next gen so far not in gaming, but mostly in useless toys and accessories sold separately.

Hope I'm not pissing on the bonfire here
Compulsion said:
From what I understand PS3 saves are similar to PSP saves.

To edit a PSP save you need to be able to encrypt/decrypt/sign the save file...the only way you can currently do this is to make homebrew software (you can get a PSP dev kit) for use on a hacked PSP (it has to run on the PSP as the encryption keys are hidden in the hardware, and only hacked PSPs can run homebrew), so I guess it would be possible to make a PSP tool which converts an option file so it can be edited in a PC editor and back again after editing, but obviously this would be limited to people who can/want to hack their PSP.

As far as I've been able to find out, the hardcore PS3 hackers haven't got to a point where they can encrypt/decrypt/sign saves, and even if they have the information isn't public and there's no dev kit available.

Even if a solution is found for encryption/signing (way beyond me even if I owned a PS3) it's probable that only people willing to hack their hardware will be able to use it.

The situation seems much the same for 360.
Reason he gave for being unable to make a PESFan editor for next-gen games :(

Well a post has been made in the editing forum by myself also, if the guys wish to pick it up and take a look they are free to do so, in the meantime we will have to play the waiting game.

I remember for the Playstation 2 sometimes an ISO-option-file was created by some guys overhere and from the CD you made from it, you could copy it to the memorycard.
I wonder if something like that is not possible for this problem.
After all, it is also possible to run Linux from the PS3, so why not solving this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom