WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF YOU PLAY PES 2008 ON A PLAYSTATION THAT IS NOT REGISTERED TO PLAYSTATION NETWORK THERE IS NOT SLOWDOWN AT ALL. hmmm... maybe is the updates(ver.(1.92 etc) that cause the slowdowns.Hopefully sony will make an update on the 25th to fix the problem,I got the game and is A LOT better than pes6, the best to date, only prob is the replays.

:o is that true? how do u know this

So this is made from a USB camera right?
1193046544281.jpg

Conflicting info......hate it!

Should i get 360 vers. & PS3 vers. of WE????

ARGH!!!!!!!

If yo like pes u love this one dont worry.

The negative stuff i metioned is always a problem in pes aka slowdowns which arent annoying if ur really into the game. I was playing at orange arena and didnt notice them. Other than that its just a new pes with better graphics and new moves.

Bottom line is that if you like pes then you must buy this one.

I would buy the ps3 version for tw reasons.

1- x360 has more games than ps3 so pes can make ur ps3 useful.
2- controls. It feels sooooooo comfy using the ps3 or the ps2 via usb controller.

So yes buy it if u like pes and buy it for the ps3. Thats my advice.

Last edited:

The negative stuff i metioned is always a problem in pes aka slowdowns which arent annoying if ur really into the game. I was playing at orange arena and didnt notice them. Other than that its just a new pes with better graphics and new moves.

2- controls. It feels sooooooo comfy using the ps3 or the os2 via usb controler.

Im so happy that there is somebody out there that actually likes the game. well done mate! Bottom line is... Yes there are errors, yes seabassa is a crook whos knee caps Id love to break... But pes2008 will still be the best footy game out there on the market. I just went on youtube and had a look at a few of the old PES games. some people should take a look at pes1 compared to pes2008 and have a little chuckle at how far things have come.

i'm a ps3 fanboi and i think that's a ridiculous statement.
i think everybody's mentioning the 360 version has less slowdown, so buy that version.

on the other hand, the ps3's ability to use other people's option files makes the ps3 version quite tempting.

2- controls. It feels sooooooo comfy using the ps3 or the ps2 via usb controller.

Cheers mate!

Your making me want the game now...damn you!

I can see that Seabass had hs hands tied. I just hope WE2008 has o framerate issues(at least minimal like 360) then i will be one happy gamer

;)

Also my PS3 will become more than useful with Ratchet, COD4 amongst others.

360 vers. with issues with option files makes it pointless to be honest.

Cheers mate!

I can see that Seabass had hs hands tied. I just hope WE2008 has o framerate issues(at least minimal like 360) then i will be one happy gamer

;)

No problem

I was going to mention rachet and clank but didnt want anyone pointing and yelling chiiiiiiiiiild!!!

No problem

I was going to mention rachet and clank but didnt want anyone pointing and yelling chiiiiiiiiiild!!!

Who cares what people say the game will be mint. Ordered mine off movietyme.com (£29.99)

Sorted! :)

damn I really hate the shops here in Holland.
Was walking in about 4 different stores.. and everywhere I saw PES 2008 right in front of my nose... I asked if I could buy it, u know what the ***** told me? no.. 25th of oktober.. !!:@ freaking pissed of :(

got the 360 version. and I have to say i am pleaseantly surprised.

The gameplay is actually quite nice, definite improvement on the PS2 and 360 version of PES6. Feels more like an update rather than a fully fledged new version however. Ultimately I like this more than Fifa08 gameplay, It is much more responsive.

Having said all that, PES2008 is shit for choppy locked framerate replays ( I dont understand, the demo was fine, what happened betweeen demo and final version???) , editing still shit, lack of new options, removal of old options, tourntaments etc.

Summary: Great progression on gameplay and faces, but shit everywherre else.

Please konami release a 360 patch for the bad online lag and the bad replays.... Can't be sooo hard?

Would Konami release a patch to fix the framerate problem? What does everyone think? How hard would it be?

If WE2008 is sorted i dont see why not but its Konami. Surely if the stadiums in the Jap vers. are all coll surely they have fixed the issues so can update it???

The more people complain the better i think

Mate, are you saying that you are able to use your PS2 controllers via the PS3/PS2 Controller Adapter with this game?

Just watching Newcastle vs Spurs on tv and all the players on the pitch have their shirst untucked apart from owen! wtf aer konami doing not putting this function in Edit mode!!? Seabassa the crook does my brain in!

Cheers mate!

;)

I thought that I was the reason that you would buy the game :mrgreen:! Ayway I`m also in love with the game! Just registered my nickname Elite!!!!!!!!! YIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

damn I really hate the shops here in Holland.
Was walking in about 4 different stores.. and everywhere I saw PES 2008 right in front of my nose... I asked if I could buy it, u know what the ***** told me? no.. 25th of oktober.. !!:@ freaking pissed of :(

Bart smit heeft hem kerel. ZIj verkopen hem zeker weten aan je. Anders kan ik nog wel iets voor je regelen bij de free record shop ;)

Just watching Newcastle vs Spurs on tv and all the players on the pitch have their shirst untucked apart from owen! wtf aer konami doing not putting this function in Edit mode!!? Seabassa the crook does my brain in!

Christ its untucked shirts. Annoying but not life ending.

Get over it already!

Sorry to sound harsh but there are bigger issues taht need to be fixed like the bloody framerate.

Christ its untucked shirts. Annoying but not life ending.

Get over it already!

Sorry to sound harsh but there are bigger issues taht need to be fixed like the bloody framerate.

Just bugs the hell out of me mate. I personally am an editing freak so this part of the game is very important to me. I understand about the slowdown issue aswell coz thats also a big issue. bottom line is that we both want the game to be as good and as realistic is poss :-)

Yeah, why don't they remove it? They could also remove the stadiums and just keep the pitch. It doesn't affect the gameplay. What about the hairs and boots? Yeah, just get rid of them as well, Seabass.

Afterall, it's all about the gameplay.

I'm feeling like playing Pong now.

the game is fantastic but the framerate !! sorry this thing making my game a hill nightmare :/ i enjoy the replay in all the PES or WE series but with this game ... noway i can stand this slowdown and framerate fu**** problem if konami did`nt fix or sony too this will a big problem !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom