WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Han since u have been playing quite a lot i guess, any comments on teamvision??? Is that a revolutionary AI or just a tweaked AI??
Well, you would think I have played a lot, but that's not so. I am the type who looks around and try to survey ( spelling? ) a lot before I go play a lot. I played some exhibition games but no leagues sofar. Been busy to try uploading pictures for the game as well. As I told you I don't think the Teamvision is in the exhibition games, although I found the opposition better than in the demo. Seems the AI did improved overall, but I can't say much right now.

Who the hell dictates what kind of game it is, if not the head of the design team, are you on his PR staff, he deserves all the complaints and derision he gets, Konami too... They have milked the cow one too many times and it's turned round and slapped them in the face...

Who dictates to the design team? Konami specifying they want a pro evo game on X date...

The producer works out what can be done in that time.

No, i'm not on his design team, but i've worked in games for over ten years and I know producers dont run the company or dictate when games come out. If konami want a game for the new system 6 months after another Japanese winning eleven, then the producer does what he can within the time. Not the other way round.

I'll all for large sweaping statements like 'they dont care about the development of the game' but they are bordering on the retarded and far too prevalent here. This installment will play a large part of the game development, getting the base code on the new systems being one of them. This time they turned it into a game... would it honestly be better if they didn't milk the cow this year leaving a one horse race on the new systems and just carried on development for another year until they've got it how they (or theoretically you) want??

There should be NO slowdown in any stadia, this is next gen is it not?

No slowdown in Fifa?
No lower framerate on cutscenes?
No lower framerate on replays??
No slowdown when theres too many people in the penalty box?

Well there is on my PS3!

Last edited:
You don't make sense. What's green peace got anything to do with Konami? If you hit'em hard in their pockets then they definitly will think twice before releasing a buggish game under a lame excuse called deadline.

All I`m saying is that it is unrealistic to setup a boycot! Besides.. I`m enjoying the game very much!!!! Very much indeed so why the fuck do i need to boycot them!?!?!

Just read the review of PSMAG (Holland) and they gave the game a 9- and Fifa a 8+. It is clear that fifa is improving but still not good enough for me.

IF YOU PLAY PES 2008 ON A PLAYSTATION THAT IS NOT REGISTERED TO PLAYSTATION NETWORK THERE IS NOT SLOWDOWN AT ALL. hmmm... maybe is the updates(ver.(1.92 etc) that cause the slowdowns.Hopefully sony will make an update on the 25th to fix the problem,I got the game and is A LOT better than pes6, the best to date, only prob is the replays.

International kits are on hold, due to uncertainty with the jpg import option.

What so cant import Jpeg and Png's on PS3 ?

You are talking about PS3 right this is not the same for PC is it you done them kits for PC action ? will you be releasing them for PC ?

This is true. There are also other rumours that are NOT true about the Master League.
People thought you cannot use your own edited team in the ML but as long as you don't edit a team in League C, you can use it in the Master League, but then you have to choose Master League type 'Exhibition" ( the one in the middle ) when you start a new ML.

what? we can use them only if we dont edit them? how stupid is that konami why wounld ppl wanna play whith blank teams ffs

After playing the game ( on 360 ) around ten matches so far, i must say im positively suprised
Its so damn fun to play and you really have to think hard to play a good defensive play
So far i love it and im sure it will be even better after more play =)
Great game well worth the price ..... in fact i would have payed double the price in ordet to get it if i had to =)
A big step forward since pes6 which i by the way thought was damn good to

After playing the game ( on 360 ) around ten matches so far, i must say im positively suprised
Its so damn fun to play and you really have to think hard to play a good defensive play
So far i love it and im sure it will be even better after more play =)
Great game well worth the price ..... in fact i would have payed double the price in ordet to get it if i had to =)
A big step forward since pes6 which i by the way thought was damn good to

Good to hear mate. I will be getting the 360 version in the March when the game is launched here in the states.

I will also be getting the PS3 WE2008(jap) version if this framerate problems are fixed.

can someone answer this for me please. Is PES2008(PS2) the same game as Winning Eleven J-League 2007 CC. Is Winning Eleven 2008 being released on PS2.

Just got the British version of the game with owen on the cover. Its out in Kuwait.

The game is tyical pes which is awesome. Has some flaws. Slowdown isnt as annoying or isnt annoy at all when u install.

When first started playing the ps3 was starting to make eird noises other than the fan. The sound was like ummm riririrkrkrkrkrirrirkrkrkr.

The it stopped and then it started doing it again. Now it stopped.

Anyways the gme isnt half as bad as i thought it would be. Suprisingly it doesnt feel diffrent from the old pes. You will feel familiar with the game from the second half of the first game.

My only problem is what was that noise from my ps3, and how doi do the pic scan thingy for faces and shirts.

can anyone with the game be kind enough and post another image showing the IGN.COM logo, i posted that one posted by our greek friend, but people in the braizlian foruns keep saying i made it with photoshop...
if anyone can help me, i would be very thankfull.

Just got the British version of the game with owen on the cover. Its out in Kuwait.

The game is tyical pes which is awesome. Has some flaws. Slowdown isnt as annoying or isnt annoy at all when u install.

When first started playing the ps3 was starting to make eird noises other than the fan. The sound was like ummm riririrkrkrkrkrirrirkrkrkr.

The it stopped and then it started doing it again. Now it stopped.

Anyways the gme isnt half as bad as i thought it would be. Suprisingly it doesnt feel diffrent from the old pes. You will feel familiar with the game from the second half of the first game.

My only problem is what was that noise from my ps3, and how doi do the pic scan thingy for faces and shirts.

Conflicting info......hate it!

Should i get 360 vers. & PS3 vers. of WE????

ARGH!!!!!!!

Just started playing the xbox version 360 a few hours ago and until now i cant find any sign of the weshop or pesshop, used to have players such as eusebio and other classic players anyone of you guys have any info regarding that?

can anyone with the game be kind enough and post another image showing the IGN.COM logo, i posted that one posted by our greek friend, but people in the braizlian foruns keep saying i made it with photoshop...

There are also IGN adboards in the game.

Conflicting info......hate it!

Should i get 360 vers. & PS3 vers. of WE????

ARGH!!!!!!!

Personally id go for the PS3 version , the pad is way way beter for playing this game , and dont blow the game just yetgive it some time im sure you will enjoy it more once you play through the ML or with your friends.

Who dictates to the design team? Konami specifying they want a pro evo game on X date...

The producer works out what can be done in that time.

No, i'm not on his design team, but i've worked in games for over ten years and I know producers dont run the company or dictate when games come out. If konami want a game for the new system 6 months after another Japanese winning eleven, then the producer does what he can within the time. Not the other way round.

I'll all for large sweaping statements like 'they dont care about the development of the game' but they are bordering on the retarded and far too prevalent here. This installment will play a large part of the game development, getting the base code on the new systems being one of them. This time they turned it into a game... would it honestly be better if they didn't milk the cow this year leaving a one horse race on the new systems and just carried on development for another year until they've got it how they (or theoretically you) want??

I think they made a rod for their own backs by the hype they put out about it being so ground breaking, also Seashanty is the face of PES at Konami and as far as I was aware he is the one moving the game forward (Ray Wilkins style admittedly), he's the one calling the shots, so he's the one I throw my blame at...
Development has supposed to have been going on for 18 months which I grant is no time at all in NEW game terms, but this is a running title, okay it's a port to next gen, but the changes are minimal and as I state all along, the off field area is as always my biggest moan, though a lot of people on here would be happy with one pitch and just two teams as long as the game play never changed..

As it seams every year we will have to wait for next years incarnation to see the wonders Seashanty can produce on the next gen, I just hope we get a little closer to launch this time before we start hearing the excuses and promises of better next time from the man himself, I think after the last few debacles it's only fair they change the name to... Pro Convoluted Soccer Next Season

Personally id go for the PS3 version , the pad is way way beter for playing this game , and dont blow the game just yetgive it some time im sure you will enjoy it more once you play through the ML or with your friends.

Still will get PS3 WE version.

I shall post it gimme time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom