WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good review from Adam at WENB. Highlights the problems and such, although I feel the "soul saving the game" is used a bit too much and that a harsher score is valid. But atleast he mentions all th problems and complaints and doesnt ignore them like the majority of reviews have.

it's slower then the 360 demo, but that can have to do with the wide cam. Like the speed of the game.

Sando even if it is quicker than PE6 on PS2 have they at least got rid of the over dribbling? Robben, Messi and the like were unplayable in PES6 - even Gary Neville could beat 3/4 players?

All this talk about not being able to insert jpg/png pics sounds very disturbing, but is probably down to people not understanding where the pictures need to be saved for PES2008 to be able to access them. Let's hope so anyway!

I'm more concerned about not being able to have two full leagues of English teams ie a Prem' and a Championship...
Yep, and this is the tenth anniversary of having this concern. And about the fifth of people being pissed off with me repeating how disgusting it is. Partyyy!

12 Kit templates.

No Untucking of shirts in edit mode.

9 boots (Not editable)

Slow jerky framerates.

15 Stadiums.

No Editable Emblems.

Photo importing doesent work.

Ps2 version is better.

Same old Master League

Same nets with breeze blocks in every stadium.

Poor weather options.

Terrible framerate on replay's.

What a joke. :(

Good review from Adam at WENB. Highlights the problems and such, although I feel the "soul saving the game" is used a bit too much and that a harsher score is valid. But atleast he mentions all th problems and complaints and doesnt ignore them like the majority of reviews have.

Well eventually they could not come up with the prebeta versions or not gone gold. I still wonder what happened to that fantastic game he played in a game convention in birmingham few weeks ago where there was no sign of slow downs. So after all this game wasn't that "beauty in action" they have been talking for months.

When is WE2008 out, I'm hearing a few of the problems will be sorted and a different ML, or is that tosh...

Didn't Seabass say in his last interview that WE's modes will essentially be the same as PES as they have to "co-operate" with each other online? It's from an interview posted recently......

Personally I look forward to reviews by other members of WENB who retain more credibility in my eyes.

What does it mean when people say ''install on to the HD'' to reduce slowdowns and framerate issues?

Is it easy to do?

The game will cache from the HDD like a PC I think thats what it is, and you'll see it in the menu.

The essence of PES will strike a cord with everyone who picks up the controller and, while sounding like a cliché accustomed to the PES series, will keep you hooked until next years version. Surely, you can’t ask for much more than that?

This is the last paragraph in the WENB review.

So we cant ask for more can we not?

What a joke.

The review is a lot more balanced than the BS IGN review. I would of liked to hear his thoughts on 'teamvision' though. Also I want to know whats the dribbling like from messi, Dindo, Ronaldo etc. I want to know if these guys have superhuman skills where even under pressure and mulltiple tackles the ball stays with them like glue?

The review is a lot more balanced than the BS IGN review. I would of liked to hear his thoughts on 'teamvision' though.

Sounds like Konami tried copying EA's way of marketing.

They didn't mention the horrible 'with the ball' running animations in the podcast. Am i the only one here that cringes everytime i see it in action?

Who cares about removing editing features.. THEY RUN LIKE MUTANTS :D

Personally I look forward to reviews by other members of WENB who retain more credibility in my eyes.

Are u joking WENB credibility lol WENB = ZERO CREDIBILITY they have been consistantly WRONG about the game.

btw i heard a rumor that we cant use league C on the ML, is this true??

plz tell me its BS!!
This is true. There are also other rumours that are NOT true about the Master League.
People thought you cannot use your own edited team in the ML but as long as you don't edit a team in League C, you can use it in the Master League, but then you have to choose Master League type 'Exhibition" ( the one in the middle ) when you start a new ML.

LOL. I could refuse it YES but who will follow and will there be enough to make a point? Just like Greenpeace... But can they stop the things that they don`t approve?............. Don`t think so!

You don't make sense. What's green peace got anything to do with Konami? If you hit'em hard in their pockets then they definitly will think twice before releasing a buggish game under a lame excuse called deadline.

Hey guys, I have EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE of PES 2009 from my contact Dave. Konami have implented MANY CHANGES:

Real_Soccer_Games.jpg

Didn't Seabass say in his last interview that WE's modes will essentially be the same as PES as they have to "co-operate" with each other online? It's from an interview posted recently......

WE2008 has slight improvements, including AI he said.
Future versions are to be the same, for online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom